It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Police drug killings up over 3000, 14 more, inc a mayor yesterday  (Read 2482 times)

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
The President of the Philippines has long been known for his tough stance on drugs, corruption and other criminal activity. Under his leadership of Davao City, the second largest city in the Philippines as Mayor for 7 terms, I always felt safe and relaxed, even walking around poor neighborhoods at 2 or 3AM. Still do. It might be dark and empty then, a few people salvaging scrap paper, metal, glass, maybe a few hookers, but unlike here, I don't even pat my butt to make sure my phone and wallet's still there. I don't even think about our home there needing an alarm system, like I do here in the USA.

His secret to safe neighborhoods? Anybody caught being involved in criminal activity is told to cleanup, leave or die. The killings reduce repeat crime. He told this to Mayor of another large city back in January, that they knew he, his family and friends were involved and that they ought to get rehab
and quit dealing, or die. Actually he named a lot of govt officials, cops, judges, very wealthy people who have welded power and economic authority 'unregulated', for a very, very long time, including members of the wealthy ruling families, once thought of as 'untouchable.'  He doesn't mince words, in fact he publically called former President OBama a "Son of a bitch."

He totally is shaking up the status quo that most thought would never change.

When the cops came for them, they are said to have been very well armed, shot first and now they're dead too.

President Trump talks tough on catching the super cartel head known as "El Mencho"  who makes the old El Chapo look like a puppy dog street corner drug dealer, and closing down the MS13 gang, a ruthless, unprincipled gang that runs various crimes from Mexico into Canada, coast to coast, across the USA but I won't believe it until I see THEIR names on tombstones....

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cagayan-de-oro/local-news/2017/07/30/ozamiz-mayor-14-others-killed-drug-raid-555752
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline vikingo

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Police drug killings up over 3000, 14 more, inc a mayor yesterday
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 04:19:02 PM »
We sure could use a president like that in Colombia, but then tourism would become unbearable and property prices would go out of sight.
Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 06:17:41 PM »
We sure could use a president like that in Colombia, but then tourism would become unbearable and property prices would go out of sight.

He has an amazingly high approval rating from the people. I knew what he had done over decades in Davao City as Mayor, but he's so, to put it very nicely, brash and 'matter of fact' that I never thought he could win the Presidency.

I used to be sad, thinking that corruption ran a thousand miles into the earth to it's core below the Philippines and would never, ever change. But whether it's crime, cheating the working class, many things really, the guy's incredible.

I just pray for the guy's safety, because he's made a helluva a lot of powerful enemies.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 06:17:41 PM »

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 09:30:50 AM »
He has an amazingly high approval rating from the people. I knew what he had done over decades in Davao City as Mayor, but he's so, to put it very nicely, brash and 'matter of fact' that I never thought he could win the Presidency.

Very true. My father just married a woman from the Philippines and she adores him. After Trump's victory I think anyone with the type of "brash and matter of fact" personality you speak of can be elected in any country where there's significant social and/or economic strife.

Offline Elexpatriado

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 06:24:32 AM »

Very true. My father just married a woman from the Philippines and she adores him. After Trump's victory I think anyone with the type of "brash and matter of fact" personality you speak of can be elected in any country where there's significant social and/or economic strife.

I dont think so in Canadá and Scandanavia.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5873
Latest: zeggers
New This Month: 2
New This Week: 1
New Today: 1
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 146