It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: It's a man's world in Colombia....and Colombianas know it.  (Read 4467 times)

Offline Calipro

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)

While Expat's girl gets groped and propositioned daily....the rest of the women lineup to make themselves more enticing and risk their very lives to do it.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2016/12/colombia-botched-plastic-surgeries-misogyny-161208082100852.html

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
Re: It's a man's world in Colombia....and Colombianas know it.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 07:18:11 AM »
You misconstrued my words-or I miscommunicated

There is no way she gets "groped" every day- though the risk of sexual assault is present everywhere in  Colombia crowded buses (or night buses-which I wouldn't recommend to anyone alone at night) and remote streets-as ids the risk of robbery and other violence. And like any attractive Colombian woman, she gets guys "detras de ella"constantly--these guys are all dogs..you know

As far as this article, the lady, who claims to be a feminist, still defends the women's right to cosmetic surgery. Yeah, okay- but she doesn't address the mentality of the women who would rather sacrifice their daughters kindergarten classes or birthday or Christmas presents in order to get a loan from a gota gota for liposuction, when if she had a n ounce of self discipline, she would decrease her calorific intake, do some sit ups, pay a little bit for a local gym, do a little walking and jogging and get the same results.

She paints these women as the "victim" and the men as the evil machista, and Colombian society as so "misogynist". And the women have no power to do anything about it. Typical excuse of blaming others and becoming the "victim".

I know some smart Colombian female engineers in Canada. They advanced in Colombia on their own merits, brains and hard work without relying on phony, superficial plastic surgery-and they are still quite attractive.

It is quite ironic that this article appeared in AlJazeera. Maybe the author would like to get married to a Qatari and see what "Misogyny" really is. Or even better a Saudi. Cover her up in black from head to toe, in 40 degrees C, cant go anywhere without the presence of her husband, brother or father. And that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 05:46:05 PM »
While I don't think they have the rude social manners on public transportation or generally in public to the extent of elsewhere, by far the plastic surgery capital of the world is Seoul, Korea.

It is very common for young teens birthdays, or for graduation presents, to get the 'gift' of plastic surgery. Whole blocks in the city have multistory buildings that are dedicated to plastic surgery.

Storefront like clinics are plastered with pictures showing before and after pictures, various procedures and the prices--not that unlike a fast food restaurant showing pictures of it's meals and prices for people to view from the street, sidewalk.

Korea--even before Justin Bieber popularized the once popular Korean 'comb forward' hairstyle and clothing styles a decade ago, has increasingly been effecting the fashion, TV, movie and music industry. Of course they are effecting the shipping, TV, appliance and cell phone markets, but unlike the Japanese who like the Chinese, tend to copy USA designs, the Koreans show more  originality.

We just had a Korean built ship come to port--too big to get into NY--NJ's port--over 1200 feet long, 160 feet wide and able to hold over thirteen thousand 20 foot long containers--"TEU" containers able to be set onto and pulled by 18 wheeler truck semis. Again, Korean (Hyundai) built--top speed: about 26 knots--or almost 30 MPH--not bad for something loaded up and longer than three NFL football fields. Could, but don't think I'd want to water ski behind that monster...

I've seen a lot of big ships--but that one's a doozy--the pic in my avatar was wifey and I down by the river--in the entertainment district 20 miles inland, watching it depart after we quaffed  a couple buckets of oysters.

To bring it 20+ plus miles down a narrow winding river tells you why our Pilot boat captains that climb aboard and control the ship all the way from seven miles out to sea--then some 27 miles into dock harbor, average over $400,000 a year. Only way you get THAT job is if your dad or uncle had it first.

But aside from ships--but also vehicles from Korea, top USA auto executives, like Bob "The Man" Lutz, who has pretty much run GM, Chrysler and Ford at different times, (when not flying his Sikorsky helicopter or Russian MIG fighter jet for sh!t and giggles) say the Koreans are currently tops in the world in designing, manufacturing and bringing the best quality vehicle to market--and in doing it fastest at that. And like plastic surgery--but with cars--they're taking more chances with styling than other nation's products.

Too bad about the former Korean president--she's still in prison, awaiting trial for corruption with the top six or so Korean companies (Chaebol)--that corruptly rule the nation's economy. Samsung's leader--Jay Y. Lee--the family scion billionaire son, acting for his incapacitated father--recently got out of jail, awaiting trial for corruption.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/17/business/south-korea-chaebol-samsung.html?_l)

Turns out them paying $850,000 to buy an equestrian horse for the teenage daughter of the president of Korea's best friend and advisor was just one of many bad ideas there.

Oh--and a corporate leader's (Korean Airlines) daughter making a commercial airliner turn around and return to NY's JFK and remove an employee, because they served her macadamia nuts in a bag--and not on plate--sort of looked bad. The indignity--what a horror---terrible service!!--Makes United Airlines look good!

They'll all get outright acquitted or little slaps on the wrist in Korea--just like bankers, politicians, businessmen and lawyers in the USA!

But anywayyyy---kids, as well as adults in Korea are under an amazing amount of pressure to have plastic surgery, for what they view as even minor imperfections and there are a whole lot of parents willing to pay their kid's makeovers.

I thought parts of south Florida and California were 'into it'--but Korea's really over the top.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 06:47:13 PM by robert angel »
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 05:46:05 PM »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 06:22:44 PM »
While I don't think they have the rude social manners on public transportation or generally in public to the extent of elsewhere, by far the plastic surgery capital of the world is Seoul, Korea.

It is very common for young teens birthdays, or for graduation presents, to get the 'gift' of plastic surgery. Whole blocks in the city have multistory buildings that are dedicated to plastic surgery.

Storefront like clinics are plastered with pictures showing before and after pictures, various procedures and the prices--not that unlike a fast food restaurant showing pictures of it's meals and prices for people to view from the street, sidewalk.

Korea--even before Justin Bieber popularized the once popular Korean 'comb forward' hairstyle and clothing styles a decade ago, has increasingly been effecting the fashion, TV, movie and music industry. Of course they are effecting the shipping, TV, appliance and cell phone markets, but unlike the Japanese who like the Chinese, tend to copy USA designs, the Koreans show more  originality.

We just had a Korean built ship come to port--too big to get into NY--NJ's port--over 1200 feet long and able to hold about thirteen thousand 20 foot long containers--"TEU" containers able to be set onto and pulled by 18 wheeler truck semis. Again, Korean built.

Top USA auto executives, like Bob "The Man" Lutz, who has pretty much run GM, Chrysler and Ford at different times, (when not flying his Sikorsky helicopter or Russian MIG fighter jet for sh!t and giggles) say the Koreans are currently tops in the world in designing, manufacturing and bringing the best quality vehicle to market--and in doing it fastest at that. And like plastic surgery--but with cars--they're taking more chances with styling than other nation's products.

Too bad about the former Korean president--she's still in prison, awaiting trial for corruption with the top six or so Korean companies (Chaebol)--

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/17/business/south-korea-chaebol-samsung.html?_l)

that corruptly rule the nation's economy. Samsung's leader--the family scion billionaire son, acting for his incapacitated father--recently got out of jail, awaiting trial for corruption.

Turns out them paying $850,000 to buy an equestrian horse for the teenage daughter of the president of Korea's best friend and advisor was just one of many bad ideas there.

Oh--and a corporate leader's (Korean Airlines) daughter making a commercial airliner turn around and return to NY's JFK and remove an employee, because they served her macadamia nuts in a bag--and not on plate--sort of looked bad. The indignity--what a horror---terrible service!!--Makes United Airlines look good!

But anywayyyy---kids, as well as adults in Korea are under an amazing amount of pressure to have plastic surgery, for what they view as even minor imperfections and there are a whole lot of parents willing to pay their kid's makeovers.

I thought parts of south Florida and California were 'into it'--but Korea's really over the top.
Talk about going waaay off of topic on a tangent

Okay doesnt matter..all is good :D

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 07:06:37 PM »
Talk about going waaay off of topic on a tangent

Okay doesnt matter..all is good :D

WELL, like occasionally in the past, this place goes dayyys w/o posts lately. Off topic or not, tell me if it--at least parts-- doesn't interest most males, which represents about the only people that traipse thru here any more?

It's not like there's much if any camaraderie or a lot of humanitarian concern expressed here. Not a warm and fuzzy group for sure.

We're pretty much lone wolves, some on the prowl, some with a stable den, occasionally throwing one another tidbits perhaps. Game tips....

I think the overlying sentiment here is self centered--and that include yours truly--particularly with a main interest in landing for one's self a fine female to call one's own. (not much on 'keeping' one though) Nothing wrong with that--it keeps the world spinning, but I like my life and interests to be a bit more multi faceted.

Not busting your horns, but I am active in writing in a number of places and if parts remotely fit - paste here, why not lively up the dank, dark place?

It's not a place where my posts about the intricacies of fine Swiss watches or about  educational reform would fit, but besides plastic surgery and mindsets being 'on topic' here now, I think most guys are at least a bit interested in mass media, chicks, ships, cars, trains and train wrecks, in people, especially 'big shots' getting busted and maybe just a few more topics.

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 07:10:18 PM »
While Expat's girl gets groped and propositioned daily....the rest of the women lineup to make themselves more enticing and risk their very lives to do it.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2016/12/colombia-botched-plastic-surgeries-misogyny-161208082100852.html

I've always been of the opinion that subconsciously this is a competition women have with each other. Men and misogyny have very little to do with it. Before plastic surgery existed, men in Colombia and everywhere else in the world loved women, gladly had sex with them and even married them. These are standards the media builds that women feel they need to measure up to. I can't tell you how many absolutely hideous, overweight, loud mouth bitches I see here in the states with a man following them around like a puppy dog. That's the case because there's a significant "BBW" movement that's telling this woman she shouldn't be ashamed and she's still gorgeous. Contrarily is the U.S., there are plenty of women that fall in with the magazine idea of beauty, and will starve themselves for days on end, make themselves vomit and pay thousands and thousands of dollars for cosmetic procedures....all to look like women that use masters of makeup, lighting and photography to look exponentially better than they actually do. Either way, these are not standards we as men define. It's like a good friend of mine always says, "We'll f#ck 'em either way!" But for some reason men are at fault for this as well....just like every other problem women have.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 07:12:29 PM by benjio »

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 09:23:11 PM »

I've always been of the opinion that subconsciously this is a competition women have with each other. Men and misogyny have very little to do with it. Before plastic surgery existed, men in Colombia and everywhere else in the world loved women, gladly had sex with them and even married them. These are standards the media builds that women feel they need to measure up to. I can't tell you how many absolutely hideous, overweight, loud mouth bitches I see here in the states with a man following them around like a puppy dog. That's the case because there's a significant "BBW" movement that's telling this woman she shouldn't be ashamed and she's still gorgeous. Contrarily is the U.S., there are plenty of women that fall in with the magazine idea of beauty, and will starve themselves for days on end, make themselves vomit and pay thousands and thousands of dollars for cosmetic procedures....all to look like women that use masters of makeup, lighting and photography to look exponentially better than they actually do. Either way, these are not standards we as men define. It's like a good friend of mine always says, "We'll f#ck 'em either way!" But for some reason men are at fault for this as well....just like every other problem women have.  ;D
+1

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2017, 10:52:16 AM »

I know some guys here play down the diva, the sense of unequal in their favor 'entitlement'  and other distasteful characteristics I see in a lot of N. American women. But where we live, I really feel bad for some of my buddies who are black. Dating black females, especially if the women are professional, as in corporate employees, really  sucks for them. It's like they need to prove they're not criminal thugs. Then if they happen to find a wife, more than in other places, the women insist on keeping their last name, adding his in hyphenated form.

In parts of Asia, black guys are treated a million times better than they all too often are here in the USA. Seems like some secret 'stigmas' they bear in the USA aren't the issues there that they are here. Some of the best USA--Filipina marriages I've seen involve black guys and they have some beautiful children too.

Makeup is often like a mask, plastic surgery a quick, albiet often temporary fix that gravity, time and nature undoes. I recall the Beatle's song 'Eleanor Rigby', which has the great line:

" Puts on her face that she keeps in a jar by the door---who is it for??"

Great to see artists like Alicia Keys on TV weekly who have pretty much abandoned makeup and I thought the planets realigned when I've been seeing Gwen Stefani toning it down, less fire engine red lipstick and not the kabuki theater Japanese style, white make up.

But in diferent areas of the world, things are just that --'different'. Where my wife comes from, they spend huge amounts of money on skin lightners, but although more pronounced lip stick colors are replacing lip moisturizer, make up is still minimal over all.

In some circles, having a few extra pounds is actually desirable.

My wife will typically cross the street to be in the shade, even if I did tell her:

"In the USA,  they say that you can never be too much of these three things: " Too thin, too tan, or too rich"  Well, at least she's got two out of three pretty well covered....

Offline Calipro

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2017, 12:04:21 PM »
I know some guys here play down the diva, the sense of unequal in their favor 'entitlement'  and other distasteful characteristics I see in a lot of N. American women. But where we live, I really feel bad for some of my buddies who are black. Dating black females, especially if the women are professional, as in corporate employees, really  sucks for them. It's like they need to prove they're not criminal thugs. Then if they happen to find a wife, more than in other places, the women insist on keeping their last name, adding his in hyphenated form.

In parts of Asia, black guys are treated a million times better than they all too often are here in the USA. Seems like some secret 'stigmas' they bear in the USA aren't the issues there that they are here. Some of the best USA--Filipina marriages I've seen involve black guys and they have some beautiful children too.

I don't feel the least bit sorry for black guys in the U.S.

The average black guy gets way more pussy than the average white guy does by a long shot.

Some black guys play up the gangster rap bull[snip] to their advantage and some don't but when it comes to interracial dating they have the upper hand. Just because there are just so many more women of other races out there.... compared to the number of black guys.

I don't know how many guys have noticed....but when you go out on a date for the first time with a woman from a different race....you are much closer to ending up in the bedroom than if you were dating a woman of your own race. And this dynamic statistically plays in to the hands of most black guys that land a date.

I will admit that it is somewhat harder for a black guy to get a date with white chick but once she agrees to go on a date.....he is miles ahead of the white guy. And the same holds true with a white guy dating black women. The only reason black guys have such an advantage is that there are way more white women to black men then there are black women to white guys.

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2017, 12:57:54 PM »
It's true that black women can be extremely difficult to deal with. Also true that their attitudes tend to get worse with independence and success. I don't think dating is any easier for black men though. Ultimately it all depends on the guy. Younger women tend to like a man with edge. The quintessential "bad boy" that nice guys are always blaming for their lack of success with women. Maybe that's what CaliPro is talking about. But the truth is women don't necessarily always prefer the bad boy....and the bad boy definitely isn't always black. Women just absolutely HATE being bored. Regardless of race, keep them guessing, don't always say "yes," and stay well groomed and chances are once in a while you're going to get lucky.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2017, 07:46:30 PM »
When it comes to interracial dating, I'd be inclined to think the amount of time between meeting, especially between the first date and having sex, is shorter than the amount of time two people of the same race/ethnicity/religion typically wait.

Among other dynamics, there's often the allure of 'the different', 'the forbidden fruit' that creates sparks leading to sexual fire, even marriage.

A lot of people want to try something new and different.

In recent years, just on the Asian side, you've seen a lot more relationships. Rupert Murdoch, Woody Allen, CBS  Chairman and CEO Leslie Moonves, has been actor Nicholas Gage, Mark Zuckerberg, John Legend, Russell Simmons, etc., all taking Asian wives. There's a lot more of course.

On the another side of the coin, those attention whores, the Kardashians, have fancied taking on black boyfriends for a while now, , lovely mega model Heidi Klum was happily married to husband Seal for some time and I think that's a trend in other circles of women as well. Rober DeNiro's been married to the same black lady forever now. Tom Brady and Giselle seem to be well recieved by the public at large. Some probably love that it shocks certain people. Hopefully they could care less what ever people think about the ethnicity of their lover/mate, but the fact is that multiracial relationships don't shock people as much as they once did.

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2017, 10:17:52 AM »

I don't feel the least bit sorry for black guys in the U.S.

The average black guy gets way more pussy than the average white guy does by a long shot.

Some black guys play up the gangster rap bull[snip] to their advantage and some don't but when it comes to interracial dating they have the upper hand. Just because there are just so many more women of other races out there.... compared to the number of black guys.

I don't know how many guys have noticed....but when you go out on a date for the first time with a woman from a different race....you are much closer to ending up in the bedroom than if you were dating a woman of your own race. And this dynamic statistically plays in to the hands of most black guys that land a date.

I will admit that it is somewhat harder for a black guy to get a date with white chick but once she agrees to go on a date.....he is miles ahead of the white guy. And the same holds true with a white guy dating black women. The only reason black guys have such an advantage is that there are way more white women to black men then there are black women to white guys.
I always had more success outside my race, especially black and Latina women. Which worked out well for me since I find them most attractive...

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2017, 10:45:11 AM »
My Girlfriend and her friends all have this thing for Lenny Kravitz

To me he looks like a,skinny runt.

Good for a,Biafran comercial.

Guess had all these movie stars as girlfriends.
Seems to be quite a player.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2017, 10:45:11 AM »

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2017, 03:24:08 PM »
At work I was always a favorite of both blacks and Indians (many Indian contractors working there). I'm not sure why either since I am an old white man. My last boss was a black woman that I had known for years and we always had gotten along very well. She got me several promotions which I had deserved for a long time.

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2017, 03:25:10 PM »
When it comes to interracial dating, I'd be inclined to think the amount of time between meeting, especially between the first date and having sex, is shorter than the amount of time two people of the same race/ethnicity/religion typically wait.

Among other dynamics, there's often the allure of 'the different', 'the forbidden fruit' that creates sparks leading to sexual fire, even marriage.

A lot of people want to try something new and different.

In recent years, just on the Asian side, you've seen a lot more relationships. Rupert Murdoch, Woody Allen, CBS  Chairman and CEO Leslie Moonves, has been actor Nicholas Gage, Mark Zuckerberg, John Legend, Russell Simmons, etc., all taking Asian wives. There's a lot more of course.

On the another side of the coin, those attention whores, the Kardashians, have fancied taking on black boyfriends for a while now, , lovely mega model Heidi Klum was happily married to husband Seal for some time and I think that's a trend in other circles of women as well. Rober DeNiro's been married to the same black lady forever now. Tom Brady and Giselle seem to be well recieved by the public at large. Some probably love that it shocks certain people. Hopefully they could care less what ever people think about the ethnicity of their lover/mate, but the fact is that multiracial relationships don't shock people as much as they once did.
Tom Brady and Giselle? Same race, different nationality..

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2017, 02:59:24 PM »
My Girlfriend and her friends all have this thing for Lenny Kravitz

To me he looks like a,skinny runt.

Good for a,Biafran comercial.

Guess had all these movie stars as girlfriends.
Seems to be quite a player.

Lenny Kravitz checks a lot of marks for a lot of women, besides being rich, famous, and a  rock, movie star. I think he looks like scruffy guitarist' Slash's scruffy little brother. He's a smart dude, with irons in a lot of fires, beside music and movies.

The one guy my wife says she'd leave me for is Leonardo DeCaprio--but even she admits he's aging poorly--that he's looking more and more like Jack Nicholson! --Look up some side by side photos--and for sure, look up the actual impersonation of Jack that Leo did! It was on one of the USA late night shows (Kimmel?) He really does look facially like Jack, and  they're both chubby too!

Anyways,  she's assured me that ole Leo would surely give me a few million bucks for my loss. Chump change, considering. He'd be getting a helluva bargain.

She thinks--more like thought, that Usher was cute, that at one time he was 'Mr. Clean cut' but he's got a lot of 'baggage' now. We were in the same restaurant room with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Zack Ephron and most of the Baywatch crew when they filmed Bay Watch here recently and she didn't really find any of them all too hot up close and personal.

There's a couple huge international Korean soap and movie stars she really likes, but Leo's still my only competition that I know of, and we're pretty open.

She told me that Leo just broke up with latest in a long string of long tall, leggy S. American supermodel girlfriends, but I think I'll (hopefully) be OK. We were in an ice cream parlor with Ben Affleck a while back--he's in town quite a bit and in real life, he looks like a wet sheep dog, she says.

We see Sandra Bulloch a lot downtown, as well as John Mellencamp. Both like how nobody here asks them for photos or autographs, but boy, without the Hollywood makeup or studio photography, they look mighty rough.

Speaking of scruffy and wet sheep dogs, she finds that Ed Sheeran, the king of mushy music now, a short, pudgy pop star, attractive talent wise,  but anyone would agree that in the looks dept, that tyke really needs a makeover. But regardless of race or nationality, that guy is huge. We're looking at tickets at over $200 each and they're not great seats either.

He said in a BBC interview that no nation on earth spends more money buying his music and merchandise than the the Philippines. Mutual love relationship there. If only he were half Filipino, as is fellow Filipino (music) icon Bruno Mars, they could run for and win the next Presidency and vice presidency there.

But in USD$$$ valuation world wide, after easily the largest music  purchasing market, the USA, Japan is HUGE at #2, purchasing almost as much as #3 Germany and #4 the UK --with their much larger populations, combined. I'll bet Japan also comes close to the USA in live concert ticket revenues. All the biggest acts play Japan.

Some, like Cheap Trick, made almost all their money there alone.

But a lot of USA pop and especially rock acts make more in Japan than here, and a number USA movie stars have incredible commercial endorsement deals for products we've never even heard of. George Clooney,  Harrison Ford, Leo, Brad Pitt, Madonna, Arnold (for noodles!) really clean up there, just to name a few .
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 06:28:19 PM by robert angel »

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2017, 07:07:38 PM »

I am not sure there is a way to statistically prove Group A is getting laid more than Group B, etc.

As for dating preferences, the founder of OK Cupid is a math geek from Harvard. A few years back he published a book with results from years of dating preferences by race/ethnicity.

The results indicated that when it comes to dating people are very tribal, as in they tend to prefer their own. In particular, black men/women and asian men had the hardest time getting responses from potential dates outside their race.

We are somewhat outliers on this site in that we have preferences for something different or outside our group/race/ethnicity. Yes, it is way more common than it used to be and it will only increase over time. But still a lot of people who only date within a narrow range....
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 07:51:07 PM by Hector_Lavoe »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864