It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: La Boda del Gringo (Movie)  (Read 3089 times)

Offline Montrealer

La Boda del Gringo (Movie)
« on: March 17, 2007, 05:40:20 AM »
Hey guys,
I don't post that much anymore, but I came across a topic that might be of a little intrest.  Last night me and the Mrs. went and saw a movie called "La Boda del Gringo" or translated in english to "Gringo Wedding".

It's a new movie here, but I don't know if it's being shown anywhere in the US.

The rough description is about a Gringo from Florida who uses a marriage agency to meet a woman from Bogota and ends up marrying her.  It's a romantic comedy that's more humerous than most romantic comedies I've seen in my life.  It's about half in spanish and half in english.

Brief synopsis:
A beautiful doctor, Rebeca, from Bogota, from a wealthy family, finds out her boyfriend is cheating on her and breaks up with him.  Her best friend joins an agency, and drags her along reluctantly.

A good looking guy, Matt, a succesful jewish ad executive from Miami goes down to Bogota to meet women through the agency.  He's nervous and kind of pessimistic about the whole thing, just like Rebeca.

Love and laughter pursue.

I recomend watching it if you have a chance.  I don't think it's an honest representation of agency dating, especially for those that have experience, but it does leave you with some optimism about the whole thing.

It has won a few film festival awards, but I don't think for the acting, as the acting was pretty bad.  Sort of like Colombian telenovela stars.
Send more divers, the last ones tasted great!  -  JAWS

Offline jediknight

Re: La Boda del Gringo (Movie)
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 09:24:39 AM »
hey monty, nice to see you post again, how is your wife? i hope to be able to fly down to barranquilla for semana santa, not sure yet but i'm definitely going to see the movie with my wife if i get to visit.
JK

Offline Looking4Wife

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 09:51:55 PM »
Monty:

Thanks for the heads up the movie.  As you probably know, some of us have heard that the movie was coming, but this is the first we've heard of an actual "sighting".

Hope you and your wife are doing great!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 09:51:55 PM »

Offline Jamie

• Commercial Member
    • http://International-Introductions.com
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 09:00:22 AM »
This has to be one of the worst movies I have ever seen not even worthy of TV (is that possible?) The dialogue and story line is bland and simple. It’s a good promo for marriage agencies in Colombia but not a realistic scenario and very unentertaining.
Engage the Exotic - Latin Women
http://International-Introductions.com

Offline papi

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 11:11:40 AM »
not to deviate from the subject, but I saw a sign in the bogota airport yesterday in spanish warning about offers of marriage and a better life from foreigners. It had a number to call for help. This and the movie will bring more attention to the MOB, whether good or bad. One of my friends in the industry told me he was involved with the movie. It will be interesting to see if there are some positive things to come as in more women joining agencies, etc.
Red Bull may give you wings, but if Flakes could fly - BAQ is in fact an airport

Offline LatinIntro

• Commercial Member
    • Introducing beautiful colombian women to quality foreign men.
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 12:52:10 PM »
It's not a a bad movie. About 14 guys that have visited us in the past two weeks have gone to see the flick and they all have made very positive reviews. I am sure many of you will enjoy it much once it reaches the US.
Nelson Grisales
www.latinintro.com

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132