It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Border Fence  (Read 3259 times)

Offline Ray

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: > 10
Border Fence
« on: October 05, 2006, 10:26:08 AM »
I was happy to see that the new border fence bill is now law. Though it isn’t enough, I think it is definitely a step in the right direction.

I’m so glad that stupid “Comprehensive Immigration” (read AMNESTY) Senate bill got flushed down the toilet where it belongs. I think most of our Senators finally realized that they work for U.S. citizens, NOT illegal aliens.

For those ignorant folks that claim the fence won’t work, let them come to San Diego and see the Triple-Layer Fence in operation. It works very well! And for those who like to compare the border fence to the Berlin Wall, all I can say is that you are a complete idiot!

Offline bundy_138

• Latinas can be addictive....trust me!
Re: Border Fence
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 11:28:18 AM »
Wow...I see this being a heated topic!  I am all for LEGAL Immigration.  Someone who goes thru the proper channels to get a permit to work in this country.  I am from a state where cheap labor is necessary to be profitable while competing with foreign companies.  Normally, immigrants that come here to work send most of their money back home to support families.  The good part is they also spend money at gas stations, walmart, etc.  What I don't agree with are illegal immigrants using our health care system at our expense, getting state and federal aid without paying into the system, among other things. 

I agree with the border fencing to protect our borders against illegals, drug and people smuggling, etc.  I know it is not a fix, but it sure is a good start.
If you don't take care of your woman, someone else will.  (Bundy)

Offline Beattledog

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 12:15:11 PM »
This is a start. Like everyone on this board, I am for legal immigration, but not the illegal people, who break the law, by entering this country, regardless of their orgin.  I think that we should scap the IRS, in favor of a value added tax, like the counties of Europe.  Everyone would pay this regardless of the souce of the income.  If you consume, you would pay this tax.

beattledog

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 12:15:11 PM »

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 10:58:10 PM »
But watch out.  The "Amnesty" weasels are gonna try and dilute the bill by limiting the funding for the wall with nonsense talk about a virtual wall (that can virtually disappear when totally defunded by the pro-illegal crowd).

That path to citizenship should start at the U.S. embassy, not the Arizona desert.
...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.
- "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift

Offline doombug

• VAWA certified to be 100% free of wife beating.
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 12:35:41 PM »
For those ignorant folks that claim the fence won’t work, let them come to San Diego and see the Triple-Layer Fence in operation. It works very well! And for those who like to compare the border fence to the Berlin Wall, all I can say is that you are a complete idiot!

Among my archive of favorite quotes:

"The great achievement of Western culture since the Enlightenment is to make many of us peer over the wall and grant some respect to people outside it; the great failure of Western Culture is to deny that walls are inevitable or important."
—James Q. Wilson

"I can get a great look at a t-bone steak by shoving my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it."--Chris Farley

Offline doombug

• VAWA certified to be 100% free of wife beating.
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 01:08:45 PM »
Unrelated to the wall, a new law just took effect in California on October, 1st, that requires everyone to maintain insurance coverage on their vehicles or risk having their registration suspended. 

Here's a story on it:

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/archive/2006/September/27/local/stories/03local.htm

And here's a true story that happened two weeks ago:  Either Telemundo or Univision--I'm not sure which--wouldn't allow this law to take effect without first putting their spin on it.  They had to be on hand as one of the State Assemblymen who sponsored the bill made the rounds where I work.  A Latino reporter (with cameraman in toe) gave me a very cold stare down as if--I--had written this law.  It was perfect timing, by the way, as my client just happened to be a Latina who spoke little English.  ;D   

This is an example of what the immigrant-pandering Lefties in California want to impose on the entire country.  They want special treatment and look-the-other-way policies for certain classes of people, and anyone who denounces these true examples of inequality is labeled a racist.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 01:10:20 PM by doombug »

"I can get a great look at a t-bone steak by shoving my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it."--Chris Farley

Offline Ray

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 04:41:09 AM »
Hey Doom,

California law has required drivers to have auto insurance for over 25 years now. This "new" law is just another feeble attempt to get drivers to comply. Most uninsured drivers will continue to drive without insurance whether you threaten to suspend their registration or not. A better remedy would be to impound uninsured cars on the spot when offending drivers are caught, and then sell their cars within 30 days.

Of course there are still many loopholes. One huge loophole for Chicano drivers here in San Diego is registering your vehicle in Tijuana. There are many thousands of cars on the road with Mexican plates and a lot of those owners are Mexicans living here on the U.S. side. They avoid high California registration fees, smog checks, proof of insurance, etc.

Then there are thousands who commute across the border with Mexico-registered vehicles and with no insurance. California can’t suspend their registration because their cars are registered in Mexico. If you get hit by an uninsured Mexican driver with Baja plates, you’re screwed plain and simple.

Then there are the illegal aliens who don’t care about our laws and couldn’t care less about liability insurance and driver’s licenses, and they are without a doubt the worst group of drivers on the road.

A side note: The outgoing Chicano mayor of National City just declared the city a sanctuarry for illegal aliens. More votes for the Chicano politicians?

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 200