It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: What clothing items are appealing and yet safe to ship to your novia's family  (Read 1791 times)

Offline beginthebeguin

• WOVO - is a go
  • Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: None (yet)
I have started shipping some clothing items to my novia's family members that they would not normally have the opportunity to buy in country. And after reading some of the posts I'm beginning to think that I should be a bit careful about what to ship since most NBA/NFL branded items are considered worth robbing someone to get. Not to mention certain brands of athletic shoes.

So, what is difference between a great clothing gift and a dangerous clothing gift that family members should not be wearing on the street?

Oh, and please mention any items that are not clothing but definitely a 'no-no' safetywise in certain cities. You guys and gal (I_Vixen comes to mind) are a great source of info.  ;)
"Any club that would have me as a member I wouldn't want to join." - G. Marx,  not Karl

"Now children all colombianas you meet on the internet are bad. Muukay". - Mr. Makey

Offline Fuzzyone

• Trips: 4 - 10
I have started shipping some clothing items to my novia's family members that they would not normally have the opportunity to buy in country. And after reading some of the posts I'm beginning to think that I should be a bit careful about what to ship since most NBA/NFL branded items are considered worth robbing someone to get. Not to mention certain brands of athletic shoes.

So, what is difference between a great clothing gift and a dangerous clothing gift that family members should not be wearing on the street?

Oh, and please mention any items that are not clothing but definitely a 'no-no' safetywise in certain cities. You guys and gal (I_Vixen comes to mind) are a great source of info.  ;)

I would not ship nothing to her until you have went to see her. When I was in Barranquilla I don't know how many woman I met that had guys giving them money, clothing ect. They never met the men in person but it was easy to tell them how much they loved them.

If she cannot wait for you to come visit then move on she is just going to break your heart. Try reading some of the old post here.

Offline beginthebeguin

• WOVO - is a go
Not to worry I never ship anything I couldn't affort to loose. And it is never anything she asks for on behalf of her family members, she never asks for anything to begin with.
"Any club that would have me as a member I wouldn't want to join." - G. Marx,  not Karl

"Now children all colombianas you meet on the internet are bad. Muukay". - Mr. Makey

Planet-Love.com

Gato4Astrid

Are you good at selecting what clothes for your novia's family? 

By the way, I agree with Fuzzyone about not sending clothes until you have met her.   You can always BRING clothing to when you go to Colombia

Offline Fuzzyone

• Trips: 4 - 10
   You would be surprised at what happens when you actually meet your lady. Sometimes everything is great but for the most part making promises online and in person are two different animals. If you want to buy her clothing buy it for her when you go to Colombia, its a hell of a lot cheaper.

Gato4Astrid

If you want to buy her clothing buy it for her when you go to Colombia, its a hell of a lot cheaper.

Not always, but for sure cheaper than "BUYING+SENDING"

Offline JimmySTLOUIS

• Spouse's Country: Peru
With most airlines you are allowed (2) 50 pound bags for free and thats a lot of Papa Noel if you know what I mean

I love giving gifts and JLO and i bring about 150 pounds of gifts each trip

that being said - if you have never met then I would bring her some Nikes in her size and a few t-shirts
I always like to bring those large Hersey Bars that you can get at Walgreens or where ever for $1.50

give those to all the aunts and grandmas etc

shipping stuff down in advance is not such a good idea - they need to know you - not Papa Noel

you can be Papa Noel late (dont I know)

on a side note - I dont know your whole story but if you are going down to see just one girl, then i do have some experience with that

best of luck

TE AMO PERU

Jim
TE AMO PERU!

Offline beginthebeguin

• WOVO - is a go
Yes Jim_St_Louie, thanks for the advice. Of course I plan on flying Spirit Airlines to BAQ and who know what will be their bag charge policy at the end of the year.

I plan on only bringing a 'beefed up' shaving kit, swim trunks, some clothes for myself suggested by the gang here and the rest of the space to be utilized for regalos and little things she cannot get down there. Yes, I like playing Papa Noel as well but I never go overboard.  I might add that a 'Papa Noel' does not encourage their novia to learn ESL, he only gives gifts. In that case I'm not a Papa Noel.  ;) 

My lady's extended family is very small compared with the normal Colombian family size,  so giving gifts should not be a problem.

Offline euforia51

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
I have started shipping some clothing items to my novia's family members that they would not normally have the opportunity to buy in country.
Sniff ... Sniff ... Sniff ... I am smelling you setting a bad precedent here, Begin, that you may regret later. I don't know the all of the details obviously, but when the words Papa Noel start creeping into threads after Christmas. Can you blame the skepticism knowing what you know from being on this board?

I would agree with the naysayers who have already spoken up. Wait until you meet her and her family in person before you start sending anything out of the goodness of your heart.

Offline beginthebeguin

• WOVO - is a go
Ok, I have been forewarned. End of thread.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133130
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 164