It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Re : Barranquilla Carnaval 08  (Read 1413 times)

Offline clone927

Re : Barranquilla Carnaval 08
« on: April 25, 2008, 09:17:42 PM »

Hey Guys,

I need your help once again.

I know that I'm a little late w/ this topic (2 months), but I have to know. My fiancee was in the Barranquilla Carnaval this yr. She is always telling me that she lives from check - check. Is that free or does that cost $$$$ ? If so, how much ?

Thanks Again,

Frank 

Offline Montrealer

Re: Re : Barranquilla Carnaval 08
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 09:27:49 PM »
Is what free???  I don't understand what your asking exactly
Send more divers, the last ones tasted great!  -  JAWS

Offline singlefather no more

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 09:33:09 PM »
Hey Guys,

I know that I'm a little late w/ this topic (2 months), but I have to know. My fiancee was in the Barranquilla Carnaval this yr. She is always telling me that she lives from check - check. Is that free or does that cost $$$$ ? If so, how much ?

I think what he is asking is the carnival free...  I will let Montrealer talk more about that since he lives there..

singlefather

« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 09:34:46 PM by singlefather »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 09:33:09 PM »

Offline Montrealer

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 09:37:55 PM »
Believe it or not, I've never been to the Carnaval.  My wife is protective and there are alot of thieves there during the celebrations (or so she says).

However most of the Carnaval events are free.  You pretty much only pay if you want a seat under a tent, and even that's fairly cheap.

Hope I helped, if not someone here has more experience and maybe actually gone to Carnaval.

Offline sean126

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 07:23:02 AM »
I went to Carnival two years ago I think.  We got the tickets for free from her boss, but I think they were about 95,000 pesos.  Now they are over 100,000 per ticket.  Probably, just guessing here...about 120-150,000 per ticket.  Each ticket is good for 3 days, as there are different parades during carnival.

Offline bigstew33

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 07:40:09 PM »
there are 2 areas in the city where they have parades.  I went to the more popular one this year.  One side of the street it is 50,000 pesos (it's the mucho caliente side. Side sunburns are made on.)  Other side of the street is 100,000 pesos.  much cooler.  I am not sure how someone can see the parades because you have to go through several check points and you show your tickets.  there is another site of parades that I think you can see without paying.  I never been there though.  The after parties are usually expensive if you go to a main party area.  But there are some cheap ones too.  I heard this year the beer area was 5,000 pesos.  But during this time of year the whole city is partying.  So the answer to your question is yes it's possible she didn't pay anything at all.  BTW this year I bought the sunburn side, and yes I got burnt.  Had a blast too.

Peace fellas

Offline clone927

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 06:52:14 AM »
Sorry if I was vague. I was trying to ask if "participating" (I'm not sure if I spelled that right) - being a part of the Carnaval - walking in costumes which she did was free or if she had to pay to participate.

Frank - Houston, TX

Offline Dave H

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 01:19:56 PM »
Sorry if I was vague. I was trying to ask if "participating" (I'm not sure if I spelled that right) - being a part of the Carnaval - walking in costumes which she did was free or if she had to pay to participate.

Frank - Houston, TX

Wow...In the Philippines, they pay people to participate!

Dave H.
The developmentally disabled madman!

Offline bigstew33

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 02:34:26 PM »
in that case I dunno

Offline Montrealer

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 03:09:21 PM »
Most of the performers get paid, but it depends on the group they're dancing with because some are volunteers.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864