It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Time to book flight & hote. More Questions  (Read 2213 times)

Offline Godzilla

• Probie
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: None (yet)
Time to book flight & hote. More Questions
« on: November 26, 2012, 01:11:54 PM »
I am ready to book my flight and hotel in the next week it looks like and I have a couple more questions.

First is do I need to request paper tickets for use as evidence later in the process at the Embassy interview? It has been 10 years since I last flew commercial and I am not sure about boarding passes even with all the E-Ticket stuff I hear. What do I need, paper tickets that I am sure they will charge a fee for or just a boarding pass?

Secondly, I need a decent hotel reccomendation in Cebu. I have been reading the reviews on Agoda and Expedia and some o the antics, for lack of a better word is a bit shocking. Hot water Surcharge? Towel Deposit? Pay extra for Aircon, but only 12 hours allowed? LOL

So I need a decent hotel that is under $50 a night at least that will not make me miserable. Preferably in the $15 to $40 range. I want to book everything soon soI hope everyone will chime in with a few good suggestions and maybe say a little about the experience they had at that hotel and maybe any surprises I should be aware of.  Macatan island would be okay also.

Thanks in advance,

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Time to book flight & hote. More Questions
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 02:10:51 PM »
First is do I need to request paper tickets for use as evidence later in the process at the Embassy interview? It has been 10 years since I last flew commercial and I am not sure about boarding passes even with all the E-Ticket stuff I hear. What do I need, paper tickets that I am sure they will charge a fee for or just a boarding pass?
If you do your check-in at the airport airline counter (instead of on-line the night before), you'll get issued a nice card-stock boarding pass you can use for your records.  No extra fee.  though you may be pushed to the back of the line for your boarding group.  Just be sure to get to the airport early enough that you don't risk getting bumped from your preferred seat.
...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.
- "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift

Offline thekfc

• No man was ever wise by chance. Seneca
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 05:27:14 PM »
 There are plenty of good hotels in the $50 price range – Crown Regency, Citi Park, Alpa City, Quest, Eden,  just to name a few. They all come with free wifi, A/C, hot/cold water etc, etc,.

When I was in Cebu, I stayed at the Castle Peak Hotel for 2 nights before heading to Bohol. The rate then was $35/night – A/C, wifi and the likes were included. We did a walk-in booking & the price we paid was much lower than if we were to book from outside the PI.
http://www.castlepeakhotel.net/

Whatever hotel you choose, only book for a day or two. If you like the place, then you can extend, if you don’t like then you can easily get another hotel. 

I never encountered hot towel surcharge, towel deposit, pay extra for A/C or A/C limit or the likes.  But, if you get a super cheap hotel, then yes you may encounter these charges - you get what you pay for.

FYI,  I would not recommend these super cheap hotel.

Also get & keep receipts for everything - hotels, tours, shopping, etc,. You may need them later for evidence.

If we were all forced to wear a warning label, what would yours say?

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 05:27:14 PM »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats