It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: My china adventure  (Read 1898 times)

Offline brettb

• Spouse's Country: China
  • Trips: 1 - 3
My china adventure
« on: August 29, 2012, 11:28:23 AM »
So I am in the sea/tac airport on a 5 hour lay over to beijing, so I figured I'd write a quick post and will follow up more when i get to Beijing. So i went from Phoenix to san francisco and hung out with my sister for 2 days. If anyone lives in the san fran area or nor cal I am truly TRULY jealous. Such a great place, good diversity of people and just beautiful landscapes.  If any one does visit there i suggest going to fishermans wharf and check out the sea lions, they are incredibly humorous. they are not in a tank or anything they are in the wild so it makes it even better.  Also there is a really cheap boat tour for 10 dollars a person and its a 30 minute ride. The boat captain pretty much knows everything about the bay some cool bits of information he spits out. So i am flying hainan airlines i am pretty excited about sitting for 12 hours cramed into a small space  :'(  Well thats about all i have to write about for now. I will defently post some photos and a good follow up once i arrive into beijing

Offline thekfc

• No man was ever wise by chance. Seneca
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: My china adventure
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 06:21:50 PM »
We will be waiting.  ;D
If we were all forced to wear a warning label, what would yours say?

Offline kennumen

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 10:17:30 AM »
Can't wait.

i am pretty excited about sitting for 12 hours cramed into a small space  :'(
No worries, it's shorter on the way back :)

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 10:17:30 AM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 12:06:47 PM »
It's got to be better than the 14 hour stretch through rough weather on a DC 10 that I experienced. On one side was the wing and it's droning engine, with noise and incessant vibration reverberating into the cabin. In the turbulence, it was like carnival ride, with up and down ride motion. At times, In fact, I could see the whole wing moving up and down, as if it were flapping like a bird.

On the other side of me was a rather obese woman, who seemed to somehow occupy her seat and half of mine.I became very familar with my knees. For almost the entire time, she tried to tell me why Asian women made terrible wives. Believe it or not, she was Asian herself! I felt like I needed to be poured off that flight.

Oh--the FAA recently approved new seats that are smaller, with thinner padding, narrower handles, etc. While they brag that the seats can accomodate a larger bag underneath, most (important to the airlines anyway) is the fact that they can cram in another row of seats/passengers was obviously appealing to the airlines.

The biggest thing the FAA apparently was concerned about was that the airlines be able to demonstrate that the plane could still be emergency evacuated in a certain amount of time. I understand that Spirit Airlines, which I've never had the displeasure of flying on, pioneered the seat switch, but it is being widely embraced by USA airlines.

The bit piece on this story on public radio had a funny audio clip that sounded like a real stewardess pre take off recording saying. "Passengers should now bring their knees up to their chests, into their normal flying position."
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 06:16:07 PM by robert angel »
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5874
Latest: BillyGeots
New This Month: 3
New This Week: 2
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 345