It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Then and Now on Planet Love  (Read 15278 times)

Offline thekfc

• No man was ever wise by chance. Seneca
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Then and Now on Planet Love
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2012, 06:27:43 PM »
Thanks for replying, Dan!

Perhaps I should study the ToS.

BG
Yeah, after you finish drinking every last drop out of that cup in one go.  ;D
If we were all forced to wear a warning label, what would yours say?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • Russian Women Discussion
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2012, 06:56:41 PM »
Thanks for replying, Dan!

Perhaps I should study the ToS.

BG

BG,

Yes, everyone should read the TOS - though it is really just common sense. In the case of fschmidt, he runs a website containing highly-charged political materials that have nothing to do with the theme of PL. He has been addressed, repeatedly, through PM's which he ignores. Rather than address the questions/issues maturely, he opts to draw attention to himself by becoming a spectacle. Well, he has now had his 'moment in the sun' here and he can move on to some other site to promote his 'agenda.'

For that matter, our member JimD is also silenced for the moment. It seems he elected to take my post about defiance out of context and was intending to make an issue of it - so at least for now, JimD can find another venue.

The bottom line is that PL is here for the purpose of educating folks on the topic of cross-cultural relationships and marriage. We are NOT here to be a political megaphone - we are not here to fuel a bunch of unnecessary drama. We have a simple purpose and those who wish to abuse PL by using it for reasons other than its intended purpose will, sooner or later, find themselves seeking another venue. Those who remain will find PL, as it has always been, the premier source of information and support for anyone who is sincere about finding a life-partner from a foreign land.

- Dan
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 06:59:21 PM by Dan »

Offline Micky

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2012, 07:55:54 PM »
Maybe a good time to say a big THANK YOU to Dan and all of the Mods.  I appreciate the open board and the opportunity to participate.  My own feeling is that I do not own (pay anything),  nor do I have to put up with the problems that a board entails,  and I am happy to follow the few rules that are asked of posters.  I can only assume that Dan and the Mods get too many PMs from individuals making comments and complaints about all manner of crap.

THANKS DAN AND ALL THE GUYS WHO MODERATE - I APPRECIATE YOU ALL VERY MUCH

Micky

« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 07:58:46 PM by Micky »
Don't crap on my 2 yard line!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2012, 07:55:54 PM »

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2012, 08:09:48 PM »
Yeah, after you finish drinking every last drop out of that cup in one go.  ;D
After she finishes every last drop of that drink, she's going to have to REALLY go!   :o
...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.
- "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • Russian Women Discussion
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2012, 08:14:09 PM »
After she finishes every last drop of that drink, she's going to have to REALLY go!   :o

Bob, I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing.

Thanks for the comments Micky.

- Dan

Offline whitey

« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2012, 08:31:03 PM »
Yes, I definitely appreciate the work that Dan and the mods do to keep this site running too.  This is the only site of it's kind and quality left on the net for Latin America as far as I know.
Hablo espanolo mucho bieno!

Offline braziliangirl

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2012, 08:42:49 PM »
Yeah, I said it on private but I want to say it again too. Thanks to all the mods for taking care of PL for us! <3

And I special thank you for putting up with my hot latina blood sometimes.

(It was just coffee in the cup!!!  >:( )

BG

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2012, 09:49:24 PM »

I think alot of people become cyber-daters and to me that is a mistake. Don't get me wrong the internet, cell phones and other technologies are great. They can open doors and connect you with people but in the end I found this technology is only a tool. It can help alot but IMHO, nothing beats good old fashioned face time. Interacting with someone on the internet can give the illusion of knowing someone better that you think you do. While again, it is a great help I would not rely too much on it as far as really getting to know someone.

Researcher
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Ray

« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2012, 11:40:33 PM »

BG, just for info, you wouldn't be allowed on fschmidt's forum because females are not allowed.

He pops in here every now and then and rants on and on about how worthless American women are and how all of our wives are doomed to become evil bitches if we bring them to the USA and expose them to the worthless, evil American culture.

After reading some of his crap, I think the guy is need of some serious psychiatric help.

Ray

Offline braziliangirl

« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2012, 06:50:39 AM »

BG, just for info, you wouldn't be allowed on fschmidt's forum because females are not allowed.

He pops in here every now and then and rants on and on about how worthless American women are and how all of our wives are doomed to become evil bitches if we bring them to the USA and expose them to the worthless, evil American culture.

After reading some of his crap, I think the guy is need of some serious psychiatric help.

Ray

Thanks Ray,

I wasn't defending the guy. I was just annoyed that I see some other posters flooding the forums with nonsense drama, attacking others for no reason and nothing happens.

I remember some of the caca Fschmidt said here. He obviously doesn't like women. Watching his videos confirmed that. My gaydar blinked and beeped.

BG

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2012, 09:30:25 AM »
It's sometimes hard to see the difference between unfair censorship and 'keeping the house in order'--the 'house' being P-L.

I think the Moderators do a pretty good job. They're not appreciated nearly enough. When you get folks who have really extreme, exclusionary views and they don't respond to requests for moderation or show respect for others having the right to their viewpoints, something's got to give.

I think the same holds true when members routinely attack or belittle other members, regardless of what the member says, or try to roil things up and create unnecessary dramas. I'm not talking about things like Republican versus Democrat differences--things like that are pretty cut and dry by nature. Ongoing personal vendettas are a diffrent animal altogether.

Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline braziliangirl

« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2012, 11:13:53 AM »
I was just annoyed that I see some other posters flooding the forums with nonsense drama, attacking others for no reason and nothing happens.

Just to clarify, I thought nothing happed, but it does. :)

Offline fathertime

« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2012, 11:56:29 AM »
It's sometimes hard to see the difference between unfair censorship and 'keeping the house in order'--the 'house' being P-L.

I think the Moderators do a pretty good job. They're not appreciated nearly enough. When you get folks who have really extreme, exclusionary views and they don't respond to requests for moderation or show respect for others having the right to their viewpoints, something's got to give.

I think the same holds true when members routinely attack or belittle other members, regardless of what the member says, or try to roil things up and create unnecessary dramas. I'm not talking about things like Republican versus Democrat differences--things like that are pretty cut and dry by nature. Ongoing personal vendettas are a diffrent animal altogether.

;D
Fathertime! 
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2012, 11:56:29 AM »

Offline Jedimaster

« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2012, 09:49:57 PM »
Cris

I agree that economy has a lot to do with it. As for Colombia, 10 years ago the peso was something like 2900 to the dollar. Airfares were a comfortable $400 from most anywhere in the USA. There were multiple agencies charging $300 for unlimited citas with lots of really attractive women. Lots of guys going down, so for non Spanish speakers, there was a good group always to get help from.

Today

Peso-1800 on a good day
Airfare-$800 is kind of the norm now(double)
Few agencies and the ones left charge a ton for services, IE Jamie $1500 average.
Internet has taken the place and I imagine that many men have 0 intentions to ever travel. They just enjoy the Virtual hunt.

Myself if I were single today, I would have to either take many less trips or take longer to save enough $ to be able to go do a 10 day stay and the budget would still be tight.

In March I have my 5 year wedding anniversary and  5 years ago I could get to Quito for under $500. Now the average is $1000. So I feel the economy is the #1 factor that has less guys actually going for a real visit  . The upside is that the ones going are generally the serious ones and less of the recreational guy going down

KB
Good post KB.  I am going to take a moment to expand on the agency scene  "then" versus "now".

Agency scene "Then"--Many agencies in business, multiple agencies charging $300 for unlimited dates with lots of beautiful women.

Agency scene "Now"--Few agencies in business, agencies are way overpriced ( Jamie's agency $1475, Latin Lifemates $1295, LAI $1695)  lots of average looking and unattractive women.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 09:54:48 PM by Jedimaster »

Offline JWR

• Divorced after a 10 year marriage to a Colombiana
« Reply #64 on: February 29, 2012, 09:54:27 AM »
Dan said.....- we are not here to fuel a bunch of unnecessary drama.
There are certain guys that have come here and done damage to the board before they finally left. 
There are no rewards for posting a trip report, or one's personal experiences, so if a guy gets insulted too much after posting, he just starts lurking in my opinion.  Guys see how much crap other posters get as they have made their mistakes, and I think they just get to the point of "why bother"?.    So the posts, and variety of experiences that are shared gets fewer and fewer. 
Lots of lurkers, but not much contributing.  I believe it's been slow around here lately because of a certain amount of complete non-sense that has been going on for the last several months.  It's been alot better for the last month.

It's a fine line the moderators have to set in determining when too much, is too much. 

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #65 on: February 29, 2012, 11:12:59 AM »
Some forums have an area on each post that you can check if you find that you 'like' the post--for instance if it has been useful or particularly interesting to a viewer. I think that'd be a good idea.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline InnocentVixen

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2012, 12:15:56 PM »
Yes it is amazing the number of lurkers there are out there, some even go as far as registering and never posting, you would guess they decided not to stick around but they still show up now and then to read a little.

Offline Fuzzyone

« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2012, 02:20:02 PM »

Ray

I noticed he even himself banned from the Mensa forum, maybe we should send him over the the forum that does not ban anyone, oh I forgot they do ban some people who do not agree with them.

Offline V_Man

« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2012, 12:28:04 AM »
There are no rewards for posting a trip report, or one's personal experiences, so if a guy gets insulted too much after posting, he just starts lurking in my opinion.  Guys see how much crap other posters get as they have made their mistakes, and I think they just get to the point of "why bother"?.    So the posts, and variety of experiences that are shared gets fewer and fewer. 

- exactly what I have been thinking.

I was pleasantly surprised by the helpful responses to my recent post.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 345