It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: IMBRA TRO Denied!  (Read 3254 times)

Offline Brazilophile

IMBRA TRO Denied!
« on: June 08, 2006, 12:02:18 PM »
I usually post in the Latin section and I have cross-posted this thread there.

I had not seen it on this forum, or others, but today I found the judge's decision, on www.imbra.org, denying European Connections the temporary restraining order that they requested back in March.  

The judge felt that the plaintiff failed to show that our (American men's) Constitutional rights are violated to such an extent that the plaintiff would likely win a suit against the Government.  The gist of the opinion is that while IMBRA does impede the ability of an American man to meet and marry a foreign woman, it does not impede the ability to marry, period.  The Constitution protects the right to marry, period.  It does NOT protect the right to marry particular classes of women, such as by nationality.  

This is another brick in the wall!

Offline Jet

• Probie
    • Jet-visa.com
RE: IMBRA TRO Denied!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 09:41:17 PM »
Quote from: Brazilophile
I had not seen it on this forum, or others, but today I found the judge's decision, on www.imbra.org, denying European Connections the temporary restraining order that they requested back in March.  

This is a seperate case in Ohio, not the EC TRO (which was approved in Georgia)
Check out our website...

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5874
Latest: BillyGeots
New This Month: 3
New This Week: 2
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864