It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: bill oreilly TVshow slams internat marriage  (Read 5775 times)

Offline wnsaul

• Probie
bill oreilly TVshow slams internat marriage
« on: April 10, 2006, 11:17:42 PM »
on bill oreilly's tv show lately he has done a few show segments
slamming international marriage always using that negative
term "mail order brides" i hate that name,, nobody gets ordered
through the mail ! ,, i have seen 4 shows where  5 or 6 minutes
were on this subject and it is all negative. bill O's email needs to hear some fair input to balence what has been going on his show..
 seems like he would mention more info on the subject if he got some clear facts to balence what he has already said. the best source for that would be a happy wife who knows many others like her, and also some stats to compare international marriage to all american-marriage  rates of problems.. it is not as he says, the spin is HAPPENING on bill's show..

Offline conocerme

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 03:57:08 PM »
wnsaul -

I don't believe O'Reilly is even remotely interested in presenting an opposing balanced view. I can normally only stomach about 5 minutes of him but I did happen to see two of his recent segments about this subject when I was channel surfing.  He clearly seems to angling for the sensationalism factor to keep the ratings going.

It continues to amaze me that people actually watch his show..

conocerme

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 07:12:48 PM »
Did you see the follow up show with the interview featuring the Siberian hottie?  OMG!  Just sitting there, she was the best free advertisement AFA could hope for!
...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.
- "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 07:12:48 PM »

Offline marcj2112

• Probie
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 04:28:56 AM »
I second what conocerme said.......how anybody can swallow his tripe is amazing, and yet scary at the same time.
Fair and balanced.....sure.....just like Hannity, Fox News, and all the other Limbaugh wannabees that are trying to convince the masses that  Dumbya is doing a great job while the idiot continues to run amok.  I think Bill's core audience would re-elect King George for a third term, given the chance.   If he really wanted to be more convincing with his anti-MOB bride stance, he could interview a few guys who were scammed by GCG's and at least then, he'd be more convincing.
I listen to his show for entertainment purposes only, but like others have said, that lasts maybe five minutes.  Unfortunately, I live in Florida where our governor is also part of the Bush crime family.   Between him and having Colin Powells' kid in charge of the FCC, they're number one job is to squelch the dissenters.....
Kinda like another MOB forum out there :wink:

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 02:19:25 PM »
Quote from: marcj2112
If [O'Reilly] really wanted to be more convincing with his anti-MOB bride stance, he could interview a few guys who were scammed by GCG's:
I don't think it's about being anti-MOB at all.  But rather, he is doing penance for his sexual harassment scandal from a few years back by allowing the hairy-legged man-hating feministas a chance to air one of their pet grievances.

Between him and having Colin Powells' kid in charge of the FCC, they're number one job is to squelch the dissenters...
Given the political bias of ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, CNBC, et al, as well as the government run media such as PBS & NPR, most major newspapers of record (NY Times, LA Times, et al), and the fact that a conservative is almost never invited to a school or college campus (and when they are they are met with threats of violence if not the actual violence itself), I have to wonder who constitututes the establishment and who are the dissenters?  :?  :roll:
...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.

Offline Ray

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 09:27:41 PM »
Quote from: marcj2112
I think Bill's core audience would re-elect King George for a third term, given the chance.

I listen to his show for entertainment purposes only...

If you listen to O'Reilly, then you ARE part of his core audience, aren't you?  :lol:

And why else would anyone listen to his show but for the entertainment factor. He's in the entertainment business.

Unfortunately, I live in Florida where our governor is also part of the Bush crime family.

Between him and having Colin Powells' kid in charge of the FCC, they're number one job is to squelch the dissenters

Bush crime family? LOL! I guess their big "crime" was embarrassing the Democrats by beating them in the elections.

I don't see any of this alleged "squelching" of dissenters to the administration. In fact there seems to be far more public dissention to this administration than to any other that I can remember in my lifetime.

Would you be surprised to know that Hannity has 10 times the audience that Franken has? Liberal talk radio is in the dumps not because of some government plot to "squelch" dissent, but because it just plain sucks in the entertainment department. I guess that's why you prefer to get your entertainment from O'Reilly instead of "The O'Franken Factor"? Talk about wannabes!  

Offline doombug

• VAWA certified to be 100% free of wife beating.
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 02:47:38 PM »
Quote from: Ray
I don't see any of this alleged "squelching" of dissenters to the administration. In fact there seems to be far more public dissention to this administration than to any other that I can remember in my lifetime.

If the "dissenters" repeat such paranoia enough times, in their minds it ultimately becomes true. :lol:

What a winning formula.

“History tells us that the truth is not hard to kill, but a lie told well is immortal.”
--Mark Twain

"I can get a great look at a t-bone steak by shoving my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it."--Chris Farley

Offline conocerme

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 06:27:07 PM »
Hey doombug -

It was recently reported on Fox News that George Bush thinks that his new Guest Worker Program will catch Osama bin Laden.

I know this is true because:

1)  It was reported on Fox News with a direct conduit into the Bush/Rove propaganda machine.

2)  The new Fox News reporter with this scoop was none other than Scott McClellan, recently resigned as the White House Press Secretary :wink: .

conocerme

Offline rojak

Re Bob_S
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2006, 08:45:23 PM »
Bob, your post is curious to me. I'm a life-long conservative but I never joined up with the "conspiracy, black helicopter" set. I never understood why some people like yourself feel it's "us against them". Do you really believe that NBC, PBS, ABC, CBS,  etc. are secretly conspiring against us? I respected and trusted Walter Cronkite all my life. He's a part of the conspiracy too? Diane Sawyer? Charlie Gibson? Willard? WOW! I assume that Fox is your network of choice, but I don't see much difference.

Offline conocerme

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2006, 09:11:54 AM »
Here is some news that is sure to SHOCK and STUN America :wink: , Conservative Fox News Anchor Tony Snow will swap jobs with Scott McClellan, who recently resigned as White House Press Secretary (upon assurances that he would have a new job at Fox News).

Sources: TONY SNOW LIKELY TO TAKE WHITE HOUSE POST.

Sources close to the White House said Monday that Fox anchor Tony Snow is likely to accept the job as White House press secretary, succeeding Scott McClellan.

The sources said they expect him to announce his decision within the next few days.

A source familiar with the discussions said Monday that newly appointed Chief of Staff Josh Bolten asked Snow to make a decision by early this week.

Two sources familiar with the discussions said Bolten wanted to fill the post this week, as early as Tuesday.

Sources familiar with Snow's deliberations said he has been focusing on family, finances and his health, as he battles colon cancer.

Neither Snow nor the White House would comment.

Sources familiar with the matter said the White House approached the Fox anchor several weeks ago. Snow then met with Bolten and other officials at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Snow serves as a conservative political analyst for Fox News Channel, which he joined in 1996.

The ultra-conservative right wing radio talk show host, who was born in 1955, served as a speech writer for President Bush's father in 1991.

He was a nationally syndicated columnist with The Detroit News in Detroit, Michigan, from 1993 to 2001 and was a columnist for USA Today from 1994 to 2000.

Before that, he was an editorial writer at The Virginian-Pilot in Norfolk, Virginia; editorial page editor of The Daily Press in Newport News, Virginia; deputy editorial page editor of The Detroit News; and editorial page editor of The Washington Times.

Offline Maestoso

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2006, 12:17:14 PM »
damn, i didn't know Snow has colon cancer. Eventhough I don't like the guy, I hope he beats this cancer thingie.

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
Re: Re Bob_S
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2006, 11:50:13 PM »
Quote from: rojak
I never understood why some people like yourself feel it's "us against them"..
If you spent any time at a left coast university, you would understand exactly and clearly.  Safe and secure there in ruby red Florida, you have no idea.

Do you really believe that NBC, PBS, ABC, CBS,  etc. are secretly conspiring against us? I respected and trusted Walter Cronkite all my life. He's a part of the conspiracy too?
Putting words in my mouth?  Did I say anything about a secret conspiracy?  Your straw man argument is what I would expect of a lefty, not a supposed "Lifetime Conservative".

Quote from: Maestoso
I hope he beats this cancer thingie.
He did (for now).  It's in remission.  He was looking pretty bad there for a while.  Cancer sucks.  It does ugly stuff to you before it kills you.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864