It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: A youngster (relatively speaking) new to the board  (Read 4269 times)

Offline jksun07

A youngster (relatively speaking) new to the board
« on: June 03, 2009, 10:41:04 PM »
I just turned 26, in grad school, and recently became interested in Latin women after vacationing in Peru for two weeks in April.  I'm attracted to their close family ties, overall friendliness, and of course their beauty.  Although I'm not contemplating marriage anytime soon (but who knows!), this site will be an invaluable resource for my future plans.  In the process, it'd be great to meet members of this site and I wish to become a valuable part of this community.   

Offline jksun07

Re: A youngster (relatively speaking) new to the board
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 10:53:06 PM »
I noticed that my intro was a little vague after reading other posts on this thread, so I just wanted to add more information.

I've never been married, no kids, had a couple of semi-serious relationships lasting about a year.  I don't own any property.  I'm currently in grad school.  Above average attractiveness.  A little chubby, but built.

The major reason I decided to join this site is because I am contemplating a visit to Colombia.  I met a great girl who is 23 years of age on a language-learning website;  she's learning French and English, I'm learning Spanish.  We started talking to each other on MSN about 1.5 months ago, and started developing attraction for each other after about a week.  I would love to contribute to this forum while as a bonus receiving valuable advice about this potential relationship.  Thanks for reading everybody.   :)         

Offline InnocentVixen

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 12:12:42 AM »
bienvenido jksun07 and good luck!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 12:12:42 AM »

Offline jm21-2

• Spouse's Country: Taiwan
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 12:31:15 AM »
There are some other guys around your age here, myself included, so you're certainly not alone. There is a lot of information in the archives to read over if you have the time. Good luck in your studies and your search and damn I wish I had some time off :P.

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 08:28:23 AM »
if you have the time and money to travel... go for it! :)
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline raycjs

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 02:28:03 PM »
Welcome to the board

best of luck to you

Ray
Ray from OHIO

Offline EricandCaro

• Commercial Member
  • Agency Owners and Married
    • Colombian Introductions
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 07:25:11 AM »
I just turned 26, in grad school, and recently became interested in Latin women after vacationing in Peru for two weeks in April.  I'm attracted to their close family ties, overall friendliness, and of course their beauty.  Although I'm not contemplating marriage anytime soon (but who knows!), this site will be an invaluable resource for my future plans.  In the process, it'd be great to meet members of this site and I wish to become a valuable part of this community.   

jksun07,
Great age! Many of the women on our site are looking for younger men 25-35.  Do not believe the myth that Latin women are only looking for older men. Our women members frequently asks us why 45+ older men think that a 25 year old women would be interested. You will do well, take your time, date and have fun. Let us know if we can help. We own an online dating site not an agency. When you get some time, check it our and let me know your thoughts. We would happy to assist in any way possible.

Best regards,

www.ColombianIntroductions.com
Eric and Caro
Best wishes,
Eric & Caro

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 05:37:08 PM »
jksun07,
Great age! Many of the women on our site are looking for younger men 25-35.  Do not believe the myth that Latin women are only looking for older men. Our women members frequently asks us why 45+ older men think that a 25 year old women would be interested. You will do well, take your time, date and have fun. Let us know if we can help. We own an online dating site not an agency. When you get some time, check it our and let me know your thoughts. We would happy to assist in any way possible.

Best regards,

Eric and Caro

Well I applaud you for giving an honest answer with that age question that is always debated. But since you plugged your business (which is a ok with me) to a newbie I feel it should be asked if you are IMBRA compliant? I'm assuming your business has Colombian women profiles and caters to American men. Assuming men pay and the Colombian women do not to join the dating site... that would based on my understanding put your business under the IMBRA law umbrella in that it applies to all men from the USA who use your service.

Offline jksun07

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 12:28:32 PM »
Sorry I haven't been active enough on the board.  I'm going to Palmira in less than 2 weeks, and I will definitely try my hardest to update at least once every few days when I get there.  I do have one query: she and her family have offered to let me stay at her place, converting their "study room" into a bedroom while I am there, but there are also hotels around there for about $20 a night.  Would I offend her and her family if I decided to stay in a hotel?  I'm still wavering between these two options. 

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 12:53:52 PM »
As a disclaimer (and to be honest) I have never traveled to a foreign country with the intentions of just meeting one girl. So yea I've always stayed in a hotel. I would highly HIGHLY suggest you do the same. The best way to vet a hotel is to use the NET and read the reviews. In Cali I got a 4 star for 50 bucks but only because I had a family member that worked for the chain. Make sure you pick something which reviews indicate is comfortable, clean, and safe. If you can get it for 30 to 50 bucks great. If you need to spend a little more... spend a little more. I'd rather overspend a little on the hotel my first time if it ensured I was staying someplace nice... then get to know the area and stay whereever you like next time.

As for offending the family... you might. I would probably be very thankful and honored to have been given the offer but say you already booked a hotel room so no need to put in all the work to turn an office into a bedroom.

These are all people you have never met... you have no idea how it is going to turn out... so stay in a hotel. If it doesn't work out... you'll be ready to go out and meet some new people with no drama.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 12:55:46 PM by bcc_1_2 »

Offline jm21-2

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 01:37:30 PM »
I'd agree with BCC here. I stayed with the family (Chiense, not latin) and it was a PITA. I thought it was a good idea at first as I'd really get an inside view of the culture, more realistic picture of how she's like and all that, but spent way too much of the trip dealing with relatives. And they're her family ya'know...she'll have to deal with them as well as with you, so you'll have less of her time and attention. And her family will have very high expectations of your relationship with her if you stay with them.

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 06:17:38 PM »
Some excellent advice in those last two posts.

Offline piglett

• your porkness
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 09:05:42 PM »
welcome to the board jkson

piglett
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 09:05:42 PM »

Offline sbcheflino

• Commercial Member
  • Love of My Life
    • Global Singles
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2009, 10:33:12 PM »
Best of luck to you...The most valuable thing I have learned so far on this board is...How valuable the Knowledge of the "Old Timers" here is....I certainly have enjoyed the time I have spent here

Scott
I Hope to make the World a better place before I leave.

Come join us for free
http://www.globalsingles.com

Offline jksun07

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2010, 06:54:09 PM »
Wow, it has been a long time since I registered.  I'm doing very good with the same girl who's now 24.  I actually did stay at her family's home, in the guest room, but we did get to spend two weeks alone in Armenia and Medellin.  After we came back from our mini-trip, her mom thanked me multiple times for keeping her daughter safe.  I'm sure some members will disagree, but I don't regret staying with her family, who are wonderful people. 

I'll be visiting her again in June for a couple of weeks.  Then after I graduate, I am planning on a South America backpacking roadtrip with her because we both want to visit Peru, Chile, and Argentina (and I guess she wanted to get a little involved with Greenpeace...she's a vegetarian and is trying to save the whales) -- we're both saving up money for this trip.

Offline InnocentVixen

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2010, 12:19:08 AM »
I haven't checked the forum for a while and I am glad this was the first update I get to read :) sounds like everything is going great for you guys, best of luck and have fun!

Offline jm21-2

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2010, 06:32:12 AM »
hey, what works works. That sounds like a great trip you have planned and good luck with the girl!

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5877
Latest: WilliamAlorp
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 1
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 94