It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Why So Much Colombia?  (Read 26616 times)

Offline daytrader

• ** mui feliz **
    • Mechanical Trader
Re: Why So Much Colombia?
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2008, 09:02:25 AM »
You know I have never used an agency, but I would.

Something I have learned and I will offer it here. This interest / adventure creates opinions in men that become too strong (for self affirmation I think).  At the end of the day, it is wise to believe there is more than one way.  It is wise to loosen up and not get too pissed if you waste a little money or a little time.

There is more we share in common, than we differ

I agree...although I don't think one would "waste money" using various methods...I would consider it an investment either in self-improvement, self-discovery and/or vacation...maybe all 3. 

You know I have never used an agency, but I would.

Something I have learned and I will offer it here. This interest / adventure creates opinions in men that become too strong (for self affirmation I think).

There is more we share in common, than we differ

Bears repeating...There are some that enjoy being on their "high horse", imo...

DayTrader

Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee (Tom Cruise): I think I'm entitled to them.
Kaffee: I want the truth!
Jessep: You can't handle the truth!

Offline Zon

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2008, 01:30:22 PM »
I dare write this, but I am trying to get to the naked truth as fast as possible ...

Columbian Cupid is a very responsive member base.  If you do a serch for those who describe themselves as "very attractive" most of the profiles contain no photo.  hmmmm. 

Dominican Cupid does not have a large enough data base to be meaningful.

Amigos is less responsive that Columbian Cupid, but good.  Starting to take too much work and time.

In all cases, the amount of communication is LESS that I received with an similar language barrier with FSU women - several sentences compared with several paragraphs.

There are many very sexy, European looking ladies in Columbia.  I am thankful. But the proportion of HOT girls is 10% 20%.  I know I know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The girls I have seen from Ghana have all been remarkably attractive.

And now I hear "point and click" description of agencies ringing in my ears.

It would make life much easier. 

Offline singlefather no more

« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2008, 02:29:39 PM »

rivardco ,

I would try latinamericancupid.com.. I had great luck with them and still have a lot of good amigas I met there.. I believe DayTrader had great luck there also.. Now it was not just luck but a lot of fun finding what I was looking for.. Like DT has said before you have to now what you are looking for in a woman.. Canadianguy is in Brazil meeting the girl he met on latincupid..

I really liked the latinamerciancupid chat room also..

I wish you the best in your search..

singlefather

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2008, 02:29:39 PM »

Offline daytrader

• ** mui feliz **
    • Mechanical Trader
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2008, 02:35:41 PM »
I dare write this, but I am trying to get to the naked truth as fast as possible ...

Columbian Cupid is a very responsive member base.  If you do a serch for those who describe themselves as "very attractive" most of the profiles contain no photo.  hmmmm. 

...remember what I said..the good lookers don't post photos to avoid their in box from being flooded...they'll IM you if you are online during the evening hours...You might try my first suggestion, www.latinamericancupid.com   they had many moreprofiles of good looking women than any other website I had seen...far more than amigos  --- you will also have your choice of Peru and Costa Rica, which are well represented there.  What age group are you going for rivardco ? 

Another website (more expensive & I am not sure it would be a good deal) is www.sotb.com 

DayTrader

Offline Zon

« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2008, 02:43:45 PM »
Thank you for the suggestions sincerely.  I will certainly take it.

What age group and league -

My criteria:
Age - 22 - 34
Weight - 95 - 125
looks - very attractive
some college
some English
no children
light drink
light smoke

From there I see if a unique and special connection can be created.

This is the same age group and league I date in the US and DR (I have dated several younger girls in the DR, but you would have forgave me if you saw them)  I am open to marriage, not desperate.  I also admit that it would have to be a fantastic lady to make me stop in my tracks today.  I think it is best to shop/ hunt from this position - not to be already in the mindset and just looking for any warm and willing body to fill the slot.  Who knows ? maybe I will get lucky

« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 02:50:30 PM by rivardco »

Offline dennislevy

• pick a realistic goal and do it.
  • Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2008, 02:48:56 PM »
Rivardco:

I think it is rare for a colombiana to write extensively by e-mail (beyond the normal cliches) to a new cyber acquaintance.  Many colombianas have issues with trust (revolving around abandonment in their lives by men) which we talked about when you called me  It takes a while for a colombiana to begin to talk themselves.

Obviously an agency provides convenience, an aopportunity to meet quite a few women in a short period of time and a sense of security.  

Re your comments about agencies as "point and click."   If a man is unorganized and does not do his homework before he shows up at the agency (and in my experience the overwhelming majority of male clients do not do their homework, then for them it is "point and click."  

It revolves around the old adage, what you put into something, is what you wll get out of it. Over and above learning Spanish and having a realistic set of expectations for a stay at an agency...  

Specifically if a man shows that he is interested in knowing more about a woman, usually she will respond (if she is free) and unless the age differences and physical differences are too disparate.

One way of doing homework is to write personal correspondence showing that he has read her profile.  I don't know how many e-mails I've read that say: Hola Maria, me llamo John.  Mi espanol es poco.  Usted es much bonita!!!  Adios John.

That is point and click....

Let me give you an example of doing "homework."   I corresponded by agency e-mail with a member of a Bogota agency before I met her.  She was an advertising salesperson for a newspaper in another Colombian city, but her accounts are in Bogota.  I asked her the name of her newspaper, she responded and in my next e-mail, I made a comment about one of the articles in her newspaper that day. it took me a few seconds on the Net to find the newspaper's web site.  

She was surprised and pleased that I had taken the time.  It showed that I was interested in her and her life.  That is not "point and click."

If an agency client treats women as indivduals and not as numbers or "the girl with the big boobs", he should have a very good to fabulous experience.

I'm not shilling for any specific agency.  I think that the Internet method of finding women in a specific place and traveling to meet them has its plusses. its cheaper,no agency fees.  But if things don't work out with your Internet list, then you have down time.

Si decidas viajar en junio, va a Colombia!!!! Los mujeres son magnificas y espectaculares!!!!!!!    

Dennis    

Offline daytrader

• ** mui feliz **
    • Mechanical Trader
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2008, 02:50:17 PM »
Hey Rivardco --- I found these in about 5 minutes on www.sotb.com 

take a gander...their search engine is excellent but like I say the website is a little pricey...the very nice looking women look very serious for a relationship (I don't think there are a lot players on this site)  I think the women have to pay $$, so that screens out some of the bad apples. 

DayTrader

« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 03:14:35 PM by daytrader »

Offline jm21-2

• Spouse's Country: Taiwan
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2008, 02:58:47 PM »
There are many very sexy, European looking ladies in Columbia.  I am thankful. But the proportion of HOT girls is 10% 20%.  I know I know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The girls I have seen from Ghana have all been remarkably attractive.
I'm glad someone else noticed Ghana. It seems like it could potentially be a good option, but there's hardly any info out there. It sounds like the girls (and guys) there really want to marry a whitey, which is good for many of us here, and it's a former British colony so English is around, but I've heard a lot of comments about how the girls there will almost invariably sleep with a guy for money. Sounds similar to your description of Dominican women. I think the traditional culture allows for polygynous relationships too.

And now I hear "point and click" description of agencies ringing in my ears.

It would make life much easier. 
From the posts here, it seems too easy for a lot of guys. They get coddled by an agency and fed BS about how all the women in X country are perfect, they get a kid in the candy shop attitude, and they fail to do their due diligence. Finding a life partner will never be point and click...

Offline Zon

« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2008, 03:32:13 PM »
Turning away from one's culture and toward another is utterly complicated process.  For me the crossing point was age.  I remember being 28 and feeling "old" - time to get married.

Several years ago, when I became single again - I looked about the same as I did when I was 28 AND I act pretty damn similar too.  (I am cursed or blessed depending on your point of view)

It is not acceptable or becoming for a 44 year old to do THAT in the US - acting young is pereceived as a little "off".  However, In large cities and immigrant societies I was perceived as young as I looked and behaved.  It gave me a breather, and a different vantage point to see the age gap issue in my own life. I concluded my choices were limited by an exclusively American dating pool.

But bridging culture is liberating and a deep challenge.  I loved my Romanian girl friend for her different perspective, but that diffferent perspective simultaneously created obstacles.  Eastern Europeans can be cold and harsh - generally speaking.

---------------

With girls I have met in Jamaica, Costa Rica, and the DR (I presume Ghana too).  There is a very thin line between woman hood and sex worker.  It is without all the prejudices our western minds bring to the game too - it is built into the history and genealogy of 500 years.
An open mind can not so easily dismiss this as "Crack whore" behavior.  I am currently reading Sun, Sex, and Gold  Tourism and Sex Wrok in the Caribbean[ by Kempadoo.  This book academically reviews sex in the Caribbean and Central America.  Interesting, although written from a feminist's scholarly desk. (I have just begun)

I assume that Columbian, certainly Argentinian are markedly different from these Caribbean cultures.

We will see.

Offline bigstew33

« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2008, 04:37:22 PM »
I would be very careful with Ghana, and Nigeria.  Nigeria being the worst for scams.  Never never never send money for any kind of possibilities.  I have had so many different attempts from those people it isn't funny.  After a while I was noticing a theme with them too.  Slow it down with them

Offline soltero

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2008, 04:44:06 PM »
With girls I have met in Jamaica, Costa Rica, and the DR (I presume Ghana too).  There is a very thin line between woman hood and sex worker.  It is without all the prejudices our western minds bring to the game too - it is built into the history and genealogy of 500 years.
An open mind can not so easily dismiss this as "Crack whore" behavior.  I am currently reading Sun, Sex, and Gold  Tourism and Sex Wrok in the Caribbean[ by Kempadoo.  This book academically reviews sex in the Caribbean and Central America.  Interesting, although written from a feminist's scholarly desk. (I have just begun)

I assume that Columbian, certainly Argentinian are markedly different from these Caribbean cultures.

We will see.

I predict that you won't see any difference, but it depends on where you, yourself hang out and with whom. I don't mean anything by that, whatsoever. All I am saying is that people that are only in a place for a short time are going to make the most accelerated acquaintances. I agree that Latin and Carribean cultures don't place the stigmas on their bodies that cultures descended from from European ones do, but to think that women all over the world aren't selling sex would seem erroneous to me. I am sure that if one were to spend more time in the areas you spoke of, they would eventually meet women that did not display an aura of "There is a very thin line between woman hood and sex worker."

If you get off the boat or the plane and walk around with no specific place to go (I am not saying this was your specific situation) you are going to run into the party girls and possible hookers first. Women of character aren't going to run up on you like that nor quickly respond to some guy's advances. They tend to respond more to structure, as that is what they are used to for the most part.

Talk of an entire country as being full of hookers is short sighted. I can promise you that depending on how much due diligence you perform, you will come away with the same impression of any country you go to. Especially the ones where the people are naturally friendly in the first place. The flip side is there are more reserved women every where also. They just aren't as easy to find and take longer to get to know.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 04:52:58 PM by soltero »
Live as if you will die tomorrow, Plan as if you will live forever...

Offline dennislevy

• pick a realistic goal and do it.
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2008, 04:54:45 PM »
SOTB is not only pricey,  I don't think it's a good value. It is a reseller that sells addresses.  Some of the Bogota girls are retreads from Bogota agencies that are not listed with those agencies anymore.  

To get the price per address to a reasonable point is maybe 40 addresses for $199.00.  And what do you get? No guarantees. SOTB states that it does not guarantee emails or telephone numbers, so that leaves snail mail.  It will replace addresses if they are sent snail mail. So in addition to spending money for international postage, you have to spend money for every letter documenting that you sent it.  
  And receiving international mail through the Colombian post office system is an oxymoron.

You have now spent about $7-8 a letter for 40 letters to SOTB addresses with nothing to show for it.  If you are going to look for Colombian girls on the Internet, stick to the dating sites with e-mail addresses.

Regarding your comments about sex workers in the Caribbean--and is it different in Colombia?   the answer is maybe yes and maybe no.  Medellin and Cali are inundated with "casas".  

What does happen in agencies and everywhere else is that some women (usually younger) will work a guy for money, or a shopping trip or jewelry or money for "a sick relative's operation."  Its between prostituion and scamming, and you call it.  Most sensible guys' rule of thumb is never give money to a woman unless you have an intimate relationship and you know something about her life.          

Again, it depends on why you want to go to Colombia, no value judgements leveled. You will find what you are looking for.

Dennis            

Offline daytrader

• ** mui feliz **
    • Mechanical Trader
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2008, 05:26:35 PM »
I don't know what it costs to send a mail to Colombia..if any are sent back they will switch out the leads. (maybe you could get them mailed locally from Bogota, this DHL them down there from a hotel address or Colombian p.o. box) but for $200 bucks for 40 quality leads, that's not a bad deal ...and you have 2 months to work your leads...and they have a Tampa FL phone number..it might be worth a shot for $200...heck that's 3 tanks of gas now....just above chicken feed.   

DayTrader

« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 06:07:59 PM by daytrader »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2008, 05:26:35 PM »

Offline utopiacowboy

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2008, 10:45:14 PM »
What kind of women are we talking about here where there is a very thin line between woman hood and sex worker? WTF? Just goes to show you that there are a lot more guys than I imagined who want a hooker or former hooker for a wife.

Offline Zon

« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2008, 09:10:37 AM »
UC -

"What kind of women are we talking about here where there is a very thin line between woman hood and sex worker? WTF? Just goes to show you that there are a lot more guys than I imagined who want a hooker or former hooker for a wife."

Follow the reasoning being applied to the discussion: 
I have a reservation caused by observation and experience ( and now by study too)

...  "a thin line between woman hood and sex worker."

You are reading I am seeking woman who is both a woman and sex worker.

UNTRUE.

But, unless you are naive or profoundly oblivious to such things ... elements that contribute to this fact surrounds the female motivation to meet American men. 
Eastern Europe
Russia
Caribbean
Central and South America
Philippines
Asia

Again, to be general - 50% economic; 50% character (respectful; optimistic) and personality (connection and chemistry)

And to throw our a controversial assumption ... I presume a large proportion of the Very attractive ladies I see on catalogs and online sites have been compromised by a man one way or another at some point.

I wish / hope this is not true.  But I am going in eyes wide open.

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2008, 09:27:16 AM »
Picking out the poorest country you can find because you think you can do "better" in terms of looks or age differences is a poor strategy IMO. How do you tell if a desperate woman is truly interested in you or just a great actress. First world women need good men too. True you may not have that 50% motivation to get out, so you may have to pick from three million instead of six.... and?

Offline soltero

« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2008, 10:08:05 AM »
rivardco,

I am curious about something as I have had this debate with Papi (a friend of mine who used to post here) for years. You have stated that you have become interested in CA and SA for the convenience as opposed to going to the FSU which is both more time consuming and costly.

My question is this: the women in these two places are like night and day in every possible way. It is clear from what you have posted that your preference would be the FSU women. I know you are just starting, but how do you feel you will be satisfied with women that are not your first choice?

CA and SA women are not going to be anything like the FSU women (on average) and the FSU women are not going to be like the women in CA or SA. Bloodlines, cultures, you name it...they are completely different. Papi always complained that the women in SA were not this or that, and knowing what he preferred, I asked him the same question I am asking you.

He has never given me a straight answer...

Offline rpcv

• Opted-Out
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2008, 10:42:42 AM »

Daytrader: I met the last lady whose photo you posted above (the 27 year old) in Manizales about 1 year ago. She showed up on time, was very attractive in person but we didn't click. She's also listed in Colombiacupido agency.

Offline daytrader

• ** mui feliz **
    • Mechanical Trader
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2008, 11:13:21 AM »
Daytrader: I met the last lady whose photo you posted above (the 27 year old) in Manizales about 1 year ago. She showed up on time, was very attractive in person but we didn't click. She's also listed in Colombiacupido agency.

Then something had to be wrong with YOU!  jajajaja!!!!   ;)

DayTrader

Offline Zon

« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2008, 11:17:39 AM »
Jeff Wrote" Picking out the poorest country you can find because you think you can do "better" in terms of looks or age differences is a poor strategy IMO. How do you tell if a desperate woman is truly interested in you or just a great actress. First world women need good men too. True you may not have that 50% motivation to get out, so you may have to pick from three million instead of six.... and?"

I would say "skating on thin ice for sure."

That is NOT my purpose.  I don't know how such a sentiment could have been mistakenly communicated to you by me?

Soltero wrote: "rivardco,

I am curious about something as I have had this debate with Papi (a friend of mine who used to post here) for years. You have stated that you have become interested in CA and SA for the convenience as opposed to going to the FSU which is both more time consuming and costly. My question is this: the women in these two places are like night and day in every possible way. It is clear from what you have posted that your preference would be the FSU women. I know you are just starting, but how do you feel you will be satisfied with women that are not your first choice?  CA and SA women are not going to be anything like the FSU women (on average) and the FSU women are not going to be like the women in CA or SA. Bloodlines, cultures, you name it...they are completely different. Papi always complained that the women in SA were not this or that, and knowing what he preferred, I asked him the same question I am asking you.

He has never given me a straight answer..."
  I certainly will.

For me, this is not an either / or question.

I ACCIDENTALLY met a Russian girl already in the US.  That lead to another and another.  In any cross cultural relationship, a certian extra understanidng and extra flexibility is required.  As I was just reading the characteristics of Russian girls on the internet, I stumbled into www.RussianWomenDiscussion.com.  Then, I became introduced to how formal and organized this interest is ... what structures have been created to facilitate these relationships.

I think Russian girls and FSU girls and very attractive.  They seem to be as interested in me as I am in them.  But there is a cold and calculating side I have learned.  I want to go to Ukraine this summer, but my work schedule takes me to the Caribbean very very frequently - the DR specifically.

How can any single man spend time in the DR and not find a very pretty DR girl that is excited to spend time with him?  Not me!

But, I have not been able to take these "trisks" seriously, because only a simple connection has existed.  I have even gone to the big cities just to see if it is a constant characteristic of the DR population. Largely, it seems to be.

My involvement in the Latin culture has made it necessary for the to begin learning Spanish ... Salsa and Maranga too:)

I have a close friend who is married to a Colombian.  He has known my experience with Russian ladies and has told for years that I should check out Colombia (I imagined nice looking but Indian looking people, and so I resisted - my bad)  Then, he invited me to dinner a couple of weeks ago.  His wife: BEAUTIFUL, EDUCATED; ELEGANT.  ??????????? 

Maybe I missed the boat a little? 

I joined Amigos 2 weeks ago, found this place over the weekend.

I am not looking to get married immediately ... but increasingly, I am comming to believe that there is no future for me with American women.

Although, I do set my sights high ... I am not needy, or lonely.  I am simply expanding my dating pool.  I have made travel and entertainment part of my business. I don't care much to overly define the TYPE of woman that I would fall in real love with (I probably would be wrong anyway). That does not interest me.

If I find an American woman - that's cool
IF I find an FSU woman - that's cool
If I find any other kinda woman  - that's cool too.
I have high expectations and I am attracted to physical features that are not for outside my own.

I don't think anyone / any culture is perfect (I know I am not).

The one thing that is for God Dam sure ... is that I am not going to change to fit in with / or catch / or conform to,  for the exclusive sake of attracting / appeasing a woman.  Been there done that.  I could go on and on and on.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 11:23:48 AM by rivardco »

Offline fathertime

« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2008, 11:26:10 AM »
rivardco,

My question is this: the women in these two places are like night and day in every possible way. It is clear from what you have posted that your preference would be the FSU women. I know you are just starting, but how do you feel you will be satisfied with women that are not your first choice?

I don't really think they are different like 'night and day'.  An attractive babe is an attractive babe, wheather she be black, brown, or bone white!  My first choice is Cindy Crawford 15 years ago.  I'm not going to settle for Kathy Bates, but something in between would be fine, but much closer to Crawford than Bates for sure!

I think you can find woman with good personalities from both parts of the earth, but it seems to make sense to go with the areas that you normally travel to and where the communication is easier. 

Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Zon

« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2008, 11:35:16 AM »
Fathertime, your avatar is a little spooky.  What's up with that?

Quick Question regarding South of the Border introductions:  On their home page is a link to what appears to be another home page:

http://www.latinamericanmodels.com/

PERFECT! 

But, is this real, or BS.

Offline soltero

« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2008, 11:43:28 AM »
I don't really think they are different like 'night and day'.  An attractive babe is an attractive babe, wheather she be black, brown, or bone white!  My first choice is Cindy Crawford 15 years ago.  I'm not going to settle for Kathy Bates, but something in between would be fine, but much closer to Crawford than Bates for sure!

I think you can find woman with good personalities from both parts of the earth, but it seems to make sense to go with the areas that you normally travel to and where the communication is easier. 

Fathertime!

FT, I wasn't specifically talking about physical features, although thiose differ as well, but you can find different features in both places even though the predominant features in general may be completely different. The cultures are completely different in my opinon, to the point of being like night and day. Of course, a beautiful woman is going to be a beautiful woman all day long, but is she goijng to be quiet and calculating like you might find in the FSU (They tend to automatically size up EVERYONE instantly...friend or food), or an outgoing, dance at the drop of a hat Latina?

I am not saying either one is better than the other, I just think that if you go for one type of woman, it would take a 180 degree turn to go for the other. (I am not talking about bells and whistles time, I am talking about the rest of the 24 hours in a day).

AND, (as far as looks) if you like slim, 5'9" -6'0" natural blondes, you have to admit, the first place that comes to mind is not going to be CA or SA...

Personally, everybody is everybody to me, but some people do have strict(er) requirements in what they are looking for. I just think if that's the case, you should go for what you want instead of taking shortcuts as you won't ever be satisfied if you do.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2008, 11:43:28 AM »

Offline soltero

« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2008, 11:50:53 AM »
Soltero wrote: "rivardco,

I am curious about something as I have had this debate with Papi (a friend of mine who used to post here) for years. You have stated that you have become interested in CA and SA for the convenience as opposed to going to the FSU which is both more time consuming and costly. My question is this: the women in these two places are like night and day in every possible way. It is clear from what you have posted that your preference would be the FSU women. I know you are just starting, but how do you feel you will be satisfied with women that are not your first choice?  CA and SA women are not going to be anything like the FSU women (on average) and the FSU women are not going to be like the women in CA or SA. Bloodlines, cultures, you name it...they are completely different. Papi always complained that the women in SA were not this or that, and knowing what he preferred, I asked him the same question I am asking you.

He has never given me a straight answer..."
  I certainly will.

For me, this is not an either / or question.

I ACCIDENTALLY met a Russian girl already in the US.  That lead to another and another.  In any cross cultural relationship, a certian extra understanidng and extra flexibility is required.  As I was just reading the characteristics of Russian girls on the internet, I stumbled into www.RussianWomenDiscussion.com.  Then, I became introduced to how formal and organized this interest is ... what structures have been created to facilitate these relationships.

I think Russian girls and FSU girls and very attractive.  They seem to be as interested in me as I am in them.  But there is a cold and calculating side I have learned.  I want to go to Ukraine this summer, but my work schedule takes me to the Caribbean very very frequently - the DR specifically.

How can any single man spend time in the DR and not find a very pretty DR girl that is excited to spend time with him?  Not me!

But, I have not been able to take these "trisks" seriously, because only a simple connection has existed.  I have even gone to the big cities just to see if it is a constant characteristic of the DR population. Largely, it seems to be.

My involvement in the Latin culture has made it necessary for the to begin learning Spanish ... Salsa and Maranga too:)

I have a close friend who is married to a Colombian.  He has known my experience with Russian ladies and has told for years that I should check out Colombia (I imagined nice looking but Indian looking people, and so I resisted - my bad)  Then, he invited me to dinner a couple of weeks ago.  His wife: BEAUTIFUL, EDUCATED; ELEGANT.  ??????????? 

Maybe I missed the boat a little? 

I joined Amigos 2 weeks ago, found this place over the weekend.

I am not looking to get married immediately ... but increasingly, I am comming to believe that there is no future for me with American women.

Although, I do set my sights high ... I am not needy, or lonely.  I am simply expanding my dating pool.  I have made travel and entertainment part of my business. I don't care much to overly define the TYPE of woman that I would fall in real love with (I probably would be wrong anyway). That does not interest me.

If I find an American woman - that's cool
IF I find an FSU woman - that's cool
If I find any other kinda woman  - that's cool too.
I have high expectations and I am attracted to physical features that are not for outside my own.

I don't think anyone / any culture is perfect (I know I am not).

The one thing that is for God Dam sure ... is that I am not going to change to fit in with / or catch / or conform to,  for the exclusive sake of attracting / appeasing a woman.  Been there done that.  I could go on and on and on.

Thanks for your response. I hope that when you do make your trip to SA, you will be able to tell us how you would compare the two cultures. Some apects of hispanic culture are universal, but there WILL be a difference between the DR and say, Colombia, or Argentina moreso due to the poverty in the DR than anything else (again, MHO). Considering Colombia's largest export, you really can't go by the CIA Fact Book when calculating the amount of money floating around down there.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2008, 12:18:01 PM »
Fathertime, your avatar is a little spooky.  What's up with that?

Quick Question regarding South of the Border introductions:  On their home page is a link to what appears to be another home page:

http://www.latinamericanmodels.com/

PERFECT! 

But, is this real, or BS.

Yes, yes, I know perhaps I will have to consider taking a different photo, maybe a scarf over my face like Henry's avatar would be more becoming!  I don't know much about the SOTB agency, but I don't trust the agencies that have women that are TOO attractive.  They are almost always full of poopy.

AND, (as far as looks) if you like slim, 5'9" -6'0" natural blondes, you have to admit, the first place that comes to mind is not going to be CA or SA...
Old fella,

I do like girls with those features too!  I wonder how many men are totally pigeon-holed into an absolute look. 

I had a brief conversation with a blond cheerleading coach today (about 30 years old) very attractive, yet I did not hardly even notice her until I saw her hips swaying as she was walking away. She was actually somewhat flirty but all I did was give unenthusiastic grunts and non-verbal cues that I was in a hurry to leave.  I think I have accidently written off attractive women from the US!  Good old Paps used to always point out not to forget the women in your own backyard!  He did have a valid point there. 

Fathertime!

09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats