It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Carnaval Barranquilla  (Read 1641 times)

Offline RonRum

• Probie
Carnaval Barranquilla
« on: March 10, 2006, 07:44:49 PM »
After 10 years of traveling Colombia, I finally decided to make a run at their version of Mardi Gras.  I was a bit apprehensive since the hotels were booked solid and the expected crowds enormous.
It turned out to be a really great event - one of the better times I've had in Colombia.  We bought bleacher seats and it was well organized - no big lines or overcrowding. Easy in and easy out.  The people were well behaved and a lot of fun.   Vendors brought food and drinks to us.  Portable johns were everywhere-and kept clean.  The parade was great; gorgeous women (everywhere actually) and talented acts.  If you have ever wondered about it, my advice is go for it.  I felt very safe, and had a blast.  I can't wait for Carnaval 2007!!
As a footnote, thanks to those who posted about the Latin-Internet days of Cali.  I was there when Bud and John Eigenhour opened up that mansion.  Shortly thereafter Ed Beckwith and Margoth moved Latin Connections to Ciudad Jardin and the partyin' began.  Thanks for the trip down memory lane...

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 135