It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Hello and advice  (Read 37574 times)

Offline william15011

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: None (yet)
Hello and advice
« on: April 18, 2015, 05:50:47 PM »
I have been on filapinocupid.com for about a week.  I have met a girl that I really like.  We cam almost every night and I plan to visit the country in July.   I wanted to send her some flowers, However, she told me she does not have an address with a number. 

Is this normal?  She told me I could send the flowers to her aunt's house and she would give it to her. 

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Hello and advice
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 07:11:05 PM »
Sounds a little odd and a bit early to be sending flowers to me. (or to her,  LOL) Add that she says she doesn't have an address and for whatever reason/s,  wants you to send evidence of a potential romantic relationship elsewhere,  seems strange to me.  She might have a husband,  boyfriends or all the above. Most Filipinas do,  even if living with extended family,  do have addresses,  or can get deliveries from the local post office if they're very rural. Heck,  she lives by an Internet Cafe,  I assume.

Most get very excited at the thought of family and those close to them seeing that someone sent them a romantic gift.  Maybe it's all OK,  but I don't know. Besides,  it seems pretty early in the process if this is an indicator that you're already substantially narrowing the field of choices down that you have to choose from. The education you'll get from meeting a lot of different women from the cities and provinces, about their culture and differences, as well as encountering the inevitable ones who might act sweet,  true and romantic,  but have alterior motives or simply just aren't the best fit for you should be invaluable. Don't rush.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline william15011

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 07:17:56 PM »
I offered to send her flowers.  She did not ask for them.  I am just trying to be romantic.  She is very beautiful.  I really just trying to check her out. Is this an address:  sanmigel gasig city manila

Anyway, I have had my share of scammers on that site.  She does seem somewhat genuine.  Maybe she just doesn't want to give me alot of information.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 07:17:56 PM »

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 08:39:44 PM »
The old rule of thumb was always never email/message more than 3 months before you plan to travel. And that really is an old rule, and I'm not sure just how valid it is. I suppose we should change it to it never hurts to make some contacts up to 3 months out.

High speed internet has given everyone ADD. They train sales people now to contact internet leads within 5 or 10 minutes of the submission.  The thing to do is work all these websites like internet sales leads. Don't get emotionally tied to any lead, because most won't work out. Especially the last 3 or 4 weeks develop that list of top girls. Work on that list all the way up to your flight. Heck keep working on it while you are traveling too.

You should probably have at least 50 contacts on skype/whatsapp/viber before you leave. It's good to have even more. You can't have too many. When you have down time on your trip source those leads to fill the time.

Leave the emotions and flowers for real time meets. Best of luck.
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 09:24:39 PM »
I offered to send her flowers.  She did not ask for them.  I am just trying to be romantic.  She is very beautiful.  I really just trying to check her out. Is this an address:  sanmigel gasig city manila

Anyway, I have had my share of scammers on that site.  She does seem somewhat genuine.  Maybe she just doesn't want to give me alot of information.

A  week into 'knowing' someone on line is short. Sending her flowers is certainly a sweet gesture that will leave a lasting impression. A few months testing the waters before traveling to the other side of the planet to meet what might essentially be one woman, seems short. If you have a ton of time and money, leaving tomorrow to go to Manila, Philippines is all well and good, as you can get a better feel for the what life is like there, but unlesss you're quite wealthy with lots of time, taking more time to get to know the overall situation before traveling would probably suit you better.

I have been to San Miguel, Pasig----it's a part of the metro Manila area and is densely populated. A lot of people move there from elsewhere, as there are more employment opportunities,  including multinational corporations and call centers.There are some impressive skyscrapers and other corporate facilities, shopping, restaurants and nightlife, with bars and nightclubs attracting all sorts of clientèle. Like a smaller version of Makati, Manila, you don't immediately see the dire poverty in Pasig or Pasay that you quickly see in most of the Philippines, but it's 'in there' too---they just do a better job 'keeping up appearances' there.

At least, as you wrote, "She does seem somewhat genuine." Be great if that's still the case in 2 weeks, or better yet, two months. I thought when reading your initial post: "I bet she's a pretty young lady who would catch most red blooded guy's attention."

Offline william15011

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 09:39:49 PM »
Yes.  She is quite beautiful.  Kind of out of my league.  She does seem sweet and genuine, but I was not born yesterday.  I have met several other women and have not stopped contact with these other ladies.  I will keep your advice and set up a call center.

On another front, how hard is it to travel to say Ormoc, Leyte, Philippines or [/size]Iloilo, Iloilo, Philippines (a couplde of girls I am talking to at this moment).  I plan on staying in perhaps Manila. [/color]
[/size][/color]

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 10:45:04 PM »
Yes.  She is quite beautiful.  Kind of out of my league.  She does seem sweet and genuine, but I was not born yesterday.  I have met several other women and have not stopped contact with these other ladies.  I will keep your advice and set up a call center.

On another front, how hard is it to travel to say Ormoc, Leyte, Philippines or [/size]Iloilo, Iloilo, Philippines (a couplde of girls I am talking to at this moment).  I plan on staying in perhaps Manila. [/color]
[/size][/color]

With Ormoc, Leyte, and Iloilo, lloilo both, along with, Bohol, Dumaguette and Davao, (all excellent places IMHO opinion for meeting more 'simple, pretty, traditional' Filipinas) being closer to Cebu City, which has an international airport, I'd be more inclined to initially fly into, set up base and have a look around CC.All these cities are in the Visayas region of the Philippines, an area that is arguably more scenic, with better beaches, a slower pace of life and a lower cost of living, than the Manila area. Cebu City is bit big and crowded for my own taste, but overall is more livable to me than Manila. The Midtown Hotel there is nice, w/o being overpriced like the somewhat nicer Marriott there is. Not too far from the airport or docks, you'd be able to cover a lot of prime areas in a short amount of time---even 2 or 3 weeks.

So, from CC, you can catch ferries, faster jet ferries, propeller planes or jets to those other places mentioned. I think it puts you in one of the sweetest spots to be able to quickly jump off from and see some of the nicest, most scenic areas, along with women as pretty as you'll see anywhere in the Philippines, ladies who also may not be as jaded as some of the women from the largest cities. Then again, if very lucky, you might meet one woman who would love to see those places with you.

That said, with internet cafes in even the smallest barangays (villages) nowadays, you still have to be careful, as a farm raised, provincial girl can get on Filipinocupid and especially  if they're extraordinarily beautiful, and/or they have a college degree that could land them a good job abroad, I assure you they get a lot of 'interests' from tons of guys.

Hopefully if they're raised in the right way, they nonetheless retain their modest pride and self respect and would rather miss a meal than try soliciting guys for gifts, money and trips to resorts.Funny thing though----look around at the profiles and tell me if you don't notice that the really hot looking babes, with all the makeup, bathing suit pictures and sexy clothes, tend to be the ones who either never went to, or didn't graduate from college. Wonder why that is?

Offline Ray

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 11:04:55 PM »

The old rule of thumb was always never email/message more than 3 months before you plan to travel.

You should probably have at least 50 contacts on skype/whatsapp/viber before you leave. It's good to have even more. You can't have too many.

Leave the emotions and flowers for real time meets.

Never message more than 3 months before visiting? Huh?

Fifty contacts? ridiculous!

I don't know where these strange ideas came from, bur they have NEVER been "rules" on this forum.

Go ahead and send flowers if you wish. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Ray

Offline Ray

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2015, 11:15:43 PM »

Hi William, welcome aboard.

The address thing is not so unusual. But not wanting to give a specific location/address after 1 week of contact is also not so unusual.

How long are you planning to stay for your first trip?

Visiting Manila, Ormoc, and Iloilo in one trip may be a little overwhelming. Travel to those areas is not too difficult if you have a personal guide to meet you on arrival. Maybe you should pick one or two of those for a first trip.

I say go ahead and send flowers if you wish...or chocolates, or a pizza, or whatever meets your fancy. That should set you apart from the other 250 guys who are contacting her... LOL!

Ray

Offline william15011

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2015, 11:56:50 PM »
Thanks guys, I plan to follow your opinions.  I plan to live in the Phillippines for about four weeks.  I think Cebu City will work for me since I am a small town kind of guy.  Thanks for all of your advice.

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2015, 05:06:54 AM »
First of all, there is nothing wrong for being a romantic man by sending her the flowers, but don't you think it is too early as you only knew her for 1 week.     If she refuses to give you her real address, one of these reasons could be that she feels "too early" that she only knows you for a week.

The other thing that you mentioned that you cam almost every night?   Is it YOUR night?  If it is, then it is in her day time?  Is she working?  Does she always speak you alone or is also on "multi-chat"?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 05:10:28 AM by Gato4Astrid »

Offline Ray

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2015, 08:41:55 AM »
Thanks guys, I plan to follow your opinions.  I plan to live in the Phillippines for about four weeks.  I think Cebu City will work for me since I am a small town kind of guy.  Thanks for all of your advice.

Four weeks is good but you'll need a visa for anything over three weeks. You can also get an extension of the 3-week automatic visa after you arrive over there.

I don't think of Cebu City as a "small town", but it is smaller than Manila.

If you are going to visit a lady in Iloilo, you can hop a ferry from Cebu. I would have her meet you in Cebu and take you over there.

Also, keep in mind that July is typhoon season so local  travel plans can sometimes get interrupted.

Ray

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2015, 09:04:52 AM »
Never message more than 3 months before visiting? Huh?

Fifty contacts? ridiculous!

Ray

Informal things most people say... whatever. What's a flight to Asia cost? What's the whole trip cost? How much vacation does a working guy have? I know you've been out of it for awhile, but this is the high speed internet generation.

Getting 50 contacts is relatively easy in the high speed internet age. Too much happens over the course of more than a month or two and the leads go cold. Welcome to the international search... 2015 style.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2015, 09:04:52 AM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2015, 11:33:30 AM »

Cebu City is a pretty big city, and like some cities, has some sizable nearby, closely intertwined cities, in this case Mandaue and Lapu Lapu. But Manila 'proper' has about 15 times the amount of people per square kilometer than Cebu City does which in turn has about five times more people per kilometer per sq.km.than Davao City. Metro Manila is right next to Quezon City, which has a population of a  million more than metro Manila 'proper' All that said,  Davao City is more spread out than any of those big cities and for my tastes, is more pleasantly livable, even if by population it's now by most accounts the second largest city in the Philippines---but again, it's spread out and somehow doesn't feel nearly as big as Cebu City.

But Cebu City is a good place to get an immediate taste of the hustle and bustle of life and variences of wealth, poverty  and sophistication available in some parts of the Philippines . You'll also quickly pick up on how westernized it and how much most of the Philippines is commercially, with pretty much all the fast food chains and familiar USA brand name stuff available, along side the more traditional FIlipino fare.

But if I were single and looking, I'd probably start in CC, look around for a few days, catch the jet ferry to Bohol and relax, then carry on to Davao City. Depending on what age range you're looking at, Dumaguete, which is close to Bohol, has a lot of college students and the beaches, swimming and diving are supposed to be as fine as Bohol's--I'd like to visit there. A surprising amount of students take summer coursework in the Philippines. Decent---really any kind of jobs, are hard to find and a college degree helps. The Philippines has one of the highest literacy rates of any third world country. While English ability and accent varies,  the Philippines ranks just behind the United Kingdom for number of English speaking citizens.

I still haven't gotten to Palawan and it's a bit off the beaten path, but I hear it's very beautiful, with some of the most beautiful unspoiled beaches on earth. Mr. Micro Soft himself, Bill Gates, just got back from vacationing with his family for twelve days on Palawan. I don't think they stayed at a Motel 6. Bill and Melinda took the private jet, but sent their kids home early on commercial flights, lest they miss any school.

I didn't know Ray was such a sweet, generous guy, but personally, I think that sending flowers or other gifts overseas to someone you've only known about a week and have never met personally, is a bit premature.

Offline william15011

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2015, 01:02:12 PM »
Thanks for all your advice Robert.  I will copy and paste them when I visit.  Also thanks for telling me about the visa.  I was thinking that maybe I could go to Vietnam or closer country for a couple of days and then go back.  I do want to spend about four weeks on this ventures, possible even five weeks.

Offline Ray

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2015, 04:28:39 PM »

Informal things most people say... whatever. What's a flight to Asia cost? What's the whole trip cost? How much vacation does a working guy have? I know you've been out of it for awhile, but this is the high speed internet generation.

Getting 50 contacts is relatively easy in the high speed internet age. Too much happens over the course of more than a month or two and the leads go cold. Welcome to the international search... 2015 style.

bcc, this is the ASIAN forum, NOT the Latin forum. Different countries, different cultures, different women, different strategies, etc...

Question: did you have 50 or more contacts lined up when you made your first trip to LA? What were their names and addresses?

Offline Ray

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2015, 05:32:36 PM »

I didn't know Ray was such a sweet, generous guy, but personally, I think that sending flowers or other gifts overseas to someone you've only known about a week and have never met personally, is a bit premature.

I didn't realize that Robert was gay and disapproves of romantic gifts to girls.

Maybe he would be O.K. with something more practical? They do like Spam over there...

http://www.filipinasgifts.com/grocery-gift-basket/giftbas-0010202.html

;D

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2015, 08:51:03 PM »
What were their names and addresses?

As in physical addresses? You are even dating yourself to suggest email addresses. I think you mean what is their viber, skype, whatsapp, facetime, snap chat, etc. Things have changed globally.

Also in terms of rapid change over the past few years, calling someone gay is no longer an insult.

Things worked out great for me. That being said it would have been great to know just how many contacts I needed to acquire and vet as this truly is a numbers game.

I don't think this just applies to Colombia or Latin America (I think it's global). I would say 50 contacts is the starting point. Maybe shooting for 60 or 70 online contacts would be crazy in 1998 or even 2005. But in 2015 that's what you need to shoot for. Sure you can get lucky and strike gold instantly. But random luck is not a good game plan. Play the numbers and mingle.

Offline Ray

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2015, 08:03:18 AM »

Also in terms of rapid change over the past few years, calling someone gay is no longer an insult.

I would say 50 contacts is the starting point. Maybe shooting for 60 or 70 online contacts...

Huh? Who said that was meant as an insult???

And you still haven't answered the question bcc. Did YOU have 50 or more contacts when you first went over? How about just give us 25 names, OK?

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2015, 09:06:01 AM »

As in physical addresses? You are even dating yourself to suggest email addresses. I think you mean what is their viber, skype, whatsapp, facetime, snap chat, etc. Things have changed globally.

Ahhh BCC, Don't sweat it--the old coot knows he's an anachronism, brains and old  battleships long in mothballs. To take him (or me--anything/anyone here really) too seriously, is to do ourselves a disservice.  While some might question what part of the animal's anatomy is most appropriate to reference here, I heard he was first in line when this tune came out on an album--delighted to get the first vinyl pressing of it in 33&1/3 RPM in fact!  :D  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0plbEFWWPA

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2015, 11:24:59 AM »
Ahhh BCC, Don't sweat it--the old coot knows he's an anachronism, brains and old  battleships long in mothballs. To take him (or me--anything/anyone here really) too seriously, is to do ourselves a disservice.  While some might question what part of the animal's anatomy is most appropriate to reference here, I heard he was first in line when this tune came out on an album--delighted to get the first vinyl pressing of it in 33&1/3 RPM in fact!  :D  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0plbEFWWPA

That being said, I don't care how old you are. If you are wanting to go overseas and meet younger girls then you better have all these communication apps on your cell phone. As noted in very old threads I did my online searches and sourcing (met my wife right off thee ole social network), but this is literally evolving by the month. What I did several years ago is outdated and irrelevant information.

Ray's head in ass pictures aren't going to get you dates. Him proving how little or many dates I got on my first trip overseas also won't get you dates. Knowing what Viber is and loading your phone with girls will get you dates. That's just how it works right now.

Offline Ray

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2015, 02:13:47 PM »

Oh Robert, your incessant whining is getting old. Are you ever going to grow up?

Now take your finger out of your nose Bobby and get back under your bridge where you belong...

And next time, instead of screwing up another member's legitimate thread with your childish little personal attacks as you always do, be a man for once in your life and do your flaming in the Flame Room where it belongs...

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2015, 02:33:17 PM »
Ray--it's too bad you don't have any idea of when someone's trying to interject a sense of humor into what's otherwise escalating into an increasingly flammatory thread. But hey, if you don't see it, it's no one else's fault but your own--don't try and turn things around.

At least I'm not like you, calling a member here--namely me, a homosexual. I was 'man' enough to laugh it off, especially considering 'the source.' But others might not look at it that way, of course.

Lighten up a bit and try to quit being, as is all too often the case here, so uptight and maybe everyone would be better off. You may be old as dirt here, pushing for 10,000 posts, but even the moderators have had to give you more than a little grace a number of times, rolling their eyes and barely tolerating your belligerence and badgering of members here.

If you feel that I'm doing it to you, which I'm not, at least figure that maybe it's a taste of your own medicine, which apparently you don't handle very well.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 02:40:13 PM by robert angel »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2015, 02:33:17 PM »

Offline Fosgate5

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2015, 05:59:41 PM »

Offline Jhengsman

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2015, 09:15:37 PM »
Four weeks is good but you'll need a visa for anything over three weeks. You can also get an extension of the 3-week automatic visa after you arrive over there.

I don't think of Cebu City as a "small town", but it is smaller than Manila.

If you are going to visit a lady in Iloilo, you can hop a ferry from Cebu. I would have her meet you in Cebu and take you over there.

Also, keep in mind that July is typhoon season so local  travel plans can sometimes get interrupted.

Ray
It was raised to 30 days in 2012

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128