It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Long-time lurker, new search  (Read 9493 times)

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
  • Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Long-time lurker, new search
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2011, 02:48:42 AM »

Slingerland, I live in the southeastern US also.I went out with a Russian woman(fresh off the boat)several years back and she loved it here.I wouldn't pass up the opportunity like you have been offered to go to Russia. There you could be living "la vida polka"!

Researcher
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2011, 12:42:58 PM »
One of the overriding themes here that almost everyone who both has succeed and those who have failed is that wherever you go, you have to be in-tune with the culture. If the culture of the woman's country is one that is in-line with your own ideas, then great go for it. If not, you are headed for trouble. You have to decide what culture is best for you.
Righty-o.  Forget about whether she will adapt to your country (some do, some don't, some do too well).  That's secondary or even tertiary.  First is, how do you adapt to her country and culture.  Russian classical culture is very deep, and Russians are rightfully proud of it.  The literature, the music, the ballet, the art-packed museums.  If it's not something that ever interested you, you may not match a Russkaya.  But go and experience it anyway.  Maybe it does match you.  ???
...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.
- "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift

Offline indaycare

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2011, 11:48:17 PM »
  But my being Catholic makes me think about the Phillipines as well.  I'm not looking for a young girl, but for a woman in her upper 30s/lower 40s. 

Hello Slingerland,

I have aunt's and few church mate are looking for partner....... LOL.  let me know if your interested hahahaha!
“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2011, 11:48:17 PM »

Offline Dave H

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2011, 08:28:35 AM »
Although I didn't visit any areas which surround any of the military bases that the US has there - perhaps in those areas some animosity towards Americans exists.

Hey Capstone,

Actually, I think those are the places where Americans and their dollars are most liked!  ::)

Dave

Dave
The developmentally disabled madman!

Offline Dave H

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2011, 08:33:06 AM »
Hi Slingerland,

Welcome to P-L! I don't know how I missed this thread. Oh well...better late than never!
If you don't like the Philippines when you visit, South Korea is only a short flight away.

Good Luck,

Dave
The developmentally disabled madman!

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats