It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Amor de Cartagena= No Good  (Read 4726 times)

Offline bigstew33

Amor de Cartagena= No Good
« on: April 04, 2008, 11:14:49 AM »
Further bashing of a company that just doesn't seem to get it right, or understand why people are upset with them.  I have tried 2 times to use their agency.  Last May-June I signed up with MA.  MA gave me names of people to use as references.  Well the very names he gave me where ones having problems.  I pm'd a couple and read the others trip reports.  None said anything nice.  So I said I will check it out anyways.  I made a list of women that I wanted to start emailing before I even went down there.  So I emailed a list of about 70 women to Mark Anthony and Luis.  MA said the list was to long.  So after making a few cuts I got it down to 25 women eventually.  I emailed the list to both people again.  After a couple days I call and ask what the status of the list was.  MA said to call Luis.  I call Luis and he claims he didn't receive the email.  So I sent it again, wait a couple days and he says he didn't receive it.  So I call Mark and say hey whats the deal.  Finally Luis gets the email.  After close to 2 weeks I get an email from Luis and he sent me the contact info for about half the girls on my list.  Then he says the rest are not availiable.  engaged.  I look at the list and noticed that the bottom half of my list were the ones not availiable.  Hmm How convienient.  He just got lazy and didnt send the rest.  I emailed all the girls on the list and only got one response from a girl that now lives in Bogota. 

Flash Forward-

So I am in Barranquilla recently and arranged to make a trip to Cartagena on a Sunday.  Me and my translator.  So I email MA and Luis a list of 15 girls I wanted to meet on a early Thursday morning.  What happens?  Than dang gum Luis starts the crap about he didn't receive the email.  So I send it again.  Next day I call him and say come on.  Then he is thinking I am not in Colombia.  So I called Luis and then put my translator on the phone.  He knows my translator since he recommended her to a fella once.  I wasn't even asking Luis to be part of anything.  Me and my translator was going to make the calls and arrangements.  So I eventually get the list but it arrives late Saturday afternoon.  To late to make arrangements at that time.  So then me and MA are sending emails back and forth.    He starts calling me names, and that I was being part of the planet love conspiracy against him.  I have asked him for my money back or even a part of it.  He wont entertain that thought at all.  Thank god it was only $395  I guess this guy needs the money so badly.  He starts in on the theme that I have been to many cities and used many agencies.  Starts saying I am never going to find anyone.  Blah blah blah.  Says that I used Jaimies agency, which I never have in any way shape or form.  But he is jealous of Jaimies success for some reason. 

So if anyone is really interested in what kind of things he says in his emails to me pm me your email address and i will send you the emails that went back and forth with this bozo.  Heck maybe I will just post them here.  I will ask the forum gods first

Peace fellas
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 12:23:41 PM by sean126 »

Offline jmcooper002

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Amor de Cartagena= No Good
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 11:22:12 AM »
I have looked at this agency as a possibility in the past, and am so glad to have a resource like PL to keep me from wasting my time and money. Thanks bigstew for the post. I hope that guys like them go out of business. One thing is for sure there are many of us on this board that will never use them.  That burns my back side. PL conspiracy what a joke.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 12:24:16 PM by sean126 »

Offline jonno

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 11:36:47 AM »
Its hilarious how "mark anthony" (LMAO) continuously declares he won't "respond anymore", yet we continue to suffer his run-on sentence-packed soliloquy of denials. I think he doth protest too much? His excuses are about as original, and his self image as authentic as his screen name.

I used Barranquillas Best back in '04, and it was the same story, especially with the way they struggled with phoning women. I too failed to take the crucial time beforehand acquainting myself online with at least 3 latinas. I gave BB 3 days. They managed 5 dates. I went off on my own the rest of my 7 day stint and found at least that many. I was smart. I paid only a partial up front.  You must dissect the biology of this ordeal from the "bucks".  I'm only speaking for one agency but i think we should assume they will ALWAYS try to get more. Always maintain shrewd business practices when dealing with these agencies. In my opinion, i think they will all settle for what you offer.

Again, the best way to find the right foreign woman is to meet many online first. Though time consuming, this will save you precious travel time and dinero when you do take the trip. If i had it to do over again i would have stayed in Cebu. Filipinos are SO much more easy to get to know. There is no language barrier. They speak English. They are a much happier people. In general, Filipinos are more worldly, knowledgeable, educated, intelligent, yet innoncent.  They treat there men so much better-more respect. But they're not as beautiful.  :-\
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 11:48:33 AM by jonno »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 11:36:47 AM »

Offline sean126

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 12:21:25 PM »
Bigstew,

Please don't post the emails you exchanged with MA here on the public forum or even in the flame room.  The beef is between the two of you and Planet Love doesn't have anything to do with that. 

I understand your situation, I really do....but Planet Love doesn't get involved in disputes that doesn't DIRECTLY have anything to with Planet Love.

This thread will probably end up in the flame room, but as it is right now...I'll let Catz make that call.  As long as people stick to the facts and refrain from name calling then I see this as an "agency review", whether it be a good one or a bad one.   

I edited the first two posts and removed the name calling.  I assume I won't have to edit anyone else's.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 12:25:53 PM by sean126 »

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 12:38:09 PM »
Keeping this thread in trip reports will help some poor newbie sob who would not have known better.
Good job big stew, too bad about the $395.  If I were doing business and had something like this go down, I would want to return the money because it would bother my conscious and ruin my Karma!

Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline daytrader

• ** mui feliz **
    • Mechanical Trader
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 12:45:41 PM »
AMOR DE PARADISE REFUND POLICY:  Contact United Auto Workers, Detroit, Michigan..fill out form...stand in line....ooops..the office is closed! 

A public service message brought to you by a greedy capitalist...

DayTrader

Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee (Tom Cruise): I think I'm entitled to them.
Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee: I want the truth!
Jessep: You can't handle the truth!

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 01:48:40 PM »
if you read the reports on ADC and still used them, then its your own fault for losing your $$$$$  better luck next time.

Offline no comment

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 06:24:39 PM »
I think Jonno is right in saying, "Always maintain shrewd business practices when dealing with these agencies." That would be easier if there are alternatives. As far as I know, Amor de Cartagena is the only agency in that town. Barranquilla has more than one. I believe in making connections through international dating sites like Colombiancupid or amigos and setting things up for yourself, then use an agency as a backup if they're willing to deal.

Offline UKCaliumbo

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 09:19:53 AM »
Says that I used Jaimies agency, which I never have in any way shape or form.  But he is jealous of Jaimies success for some reason. 

Anyone can be as success as Jamie as long as he/she is doing their job properly, so it was his fault that Jamie is very successful to his business.  Dishonesty business will lead to failure - without doubt.

I am glad that you have reported about your trip, but very sorry you have suffered already with it.  I have lost $750 with ACG (Cali) which is twice as much as you paid for A De C

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 145