It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: newbie here  (Read 6046 times)

Offline urdream

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
newbie here
« on: December 05, 2016, 01:00:59 PM »
Hello everyone,

I'm a 33 year old (East Indian descent) living in USA for the past 10 years. I'm not a USA citizen. My objective is to find a good looking educated latin women for marriage. It seems based on what I read on this forum, international introductions seem to be the best agency.

I was thinking of traditional route of dating online (colombian cupid) but don't have enough time because of my work. I was wondering if experienced members can provide any insight for the following question

1) Are colombian women mainly looking for gringos or USA citizens?

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
Re: newbie here
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 07:01:00 AM »
Hello everyone,

I'm a 33 year old (East Indian descent) living in USA for the past 10 years. I'm not a USA citizen. My objective is to find a good looking educated latin women for marriage. It seems based on what I read on this forum, international introductions seem to be the best agency.

I was thinking of traditional route of dating online (colombian cupid) but don't have enough time because of my work. I was wondering if experienced members can provide any insight for the following question

1) Are colombian women mainly looking for gringos or USA citizens?

They dont care what you look like or ethnic background. Depends on your personaity and their personality.Some will love you no matter what you look like, Conversely others will "love" you for your visa or $cash no matter what you look like.

I wouldnt suggest Colombian Cupid or most Agencies to find a woman. Dont know about Jamies agency. Heard t was good, but also heard it went downhill.

I have  a question for you. Why the hell dont you go with an Indian woman? They can be beautiful, are traditional and no cultural clashes.

If you think Colombian woman are "Traditional" in morals and attitudes, just put the idea ot of your head. Its so far from the truth. You need to watch a few more episodes of "Narcos" to get a better idea.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 09:37:25 AM by Elexpatriado »

Offline Gavan

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 08:40:39 AM »
I have  a question for you. Why the hell dont you go with an Indian woman? They can be beautiful, are traditional and no cultural clashes.

I went to India last year and I agree Indian women are beautiful and many of them (not all) still seem very traditonal based on how they dress and behave, much more so than South-American women (except maybe women from the Peruvian highlands who are also still pretty traditonal).
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 08:46:09 AM by Gavan »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 08:40:39 AM »

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 12:22:45 PM »

I went to India last year and I agree Indian women are beautiful

If I want to meet woman who is only beautiful on the outside, it is cheaper to get a mannequin  ;D .  Colombian mannequins do have big breasts too !!!   8)
Perhaps these Indian women who you mentioned are too 'boring' or too 'religious' for some men. 

Offline Ray

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 03:40:35 AM »

If you are considering marriage to a woman living outside of the US, then you should be aware of some of the visa requirements.

Since you are a non-citizen, the fiancé visa option is out.

That leaves you with the option of marriage overseas. As an LPR, you can petition a spouse, but you can likely add close to two years or so to visa wait time.

A better option would be meeting Latina women already living in the US, but be sure to confirm her legal status if she wasn't born here.

Are you planning to apply for naturalization?

Ray

Offline urdream

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 07:16:52 AM »
Thank you! everyone for the replies.

I'm sure the Indian women some of the members mentioned above are North Indian and I'm south Indian. It's difficult to marry an Indian women outside the caste/region. There is more men to women ratio in India now so it's difficult to find a decent one in south India. I tried and still trying.

My USA residency is still in process. I'm on H1b visa, eventhough I have been living in the states for 10 years now. For Indians it takes time (around 10 years after applying) for residency and I will apply for naturalization after that.

Offline Ray

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 01:53:48 PM »
Does that mean you won't get LPR status for another 10 years?

I believe an H1B can bring a spouse into the US on a temporary basis.

Before you even start looking for a potential spouse overseas, I would thoroughly research the immigration options for your status. Maybe buy an hour with an immigration attorney.

Ray

Offline urdream

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 02:54:24 PM »
There is a dependent visa (H4) which also allows them to work here in USA.

So immigration should not be a big issue if I can find the right person and commit.

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2016, 06:35:36 AM »
Thank you! everyone for the replies.

I'm sure the Indian women some of the members mentioned above are North Indian and I'm south Indian. It's difficult to marry an Indian women outside the caste/region. There is more men to women ratio in India now so it's difficult to find a decent one in south India. I tried and still trying.

My USA residency is still in process. I'm on H1b visa, eventhough I have been living in the states for 10 years now. For Indians it takes time (around 10 years after applying) for residency and I will apply for naturalization after that.

Go for Filipino then. Or sri lankan or Nepalese.

Lots of pretty women in Nepal.

Colombian women are mostly gold diggers. The vast majority of Colombian men say this-not just me.

I honestly cant see if you cant get a women in a country of 1.2 billion , and from all economic classes, how you can expect to find someone in a totally foreign, different culture.
Trust me, I know both cultures. There is a big difference between North American and Latin cultures and an even more significant difference between Latin (espescially Colombian) and your culture.

Also, as far as education goes , you will find the Universities in Colombia wa below the level in the US and the better ones in India. This is espescially true if you go to Barranquilla, where Jamies agency is.

You should read his description on the Costeña women..prety accurate.

Exc[size=78%]ome men believe you need to embrace and respect the Latin culture, learn the language, and adopt the traditions to understand and succeed with Latin women, but that’s not so. The emphases should be on the woman learning your culture, language, and traditions.  However, knowing how Colombian women think and behave is critical to your success. The positive attributes of Colombian women are no secret. They’re overwhelmingly happy, loving, passionate, warm, affectionate, attentive, fun, enjoyable, sexual, feminine, easy going, loyal, family oriented, supportive, undemanding, and much more. It’s the dark side that few men are aware of. Below is a blunt summary of the negative cultural and behavioral nature of Colombian women. We frankly tell you this so you can better understand the differences between Colombian women and the kind of women you are experienced with so that you can avoid making wrong assumptions and be able to quickly eliminate the unsuitable women. International Introductions does not sell you on the typical Colombian woman, who in most cases would be a disaster for our typical client who is an intelligent, educated, successful, business or professional man. We sell you on our ability and knowledge to help you find one of the gems of Colombia. A woman of beauty and capability who has the positive influences of the Latin culture and is untarnished by the negative aspects of her culture. Understanding what constitutes the majority of Colombian women will give you a greater appreciation for the Colombian gem you ultimately find.[/size]

To understand Colombian women, you first need to understand a little about Colombia. Like much of Latin America, Colombia is poor and corrupt. Half of the population is impoverished. Colombia is a country rich in natural resources, yet one can find young, abandoned girls in tattered dresses eating discarded food off the streets. Alongside third world poverty is corruption imbedded in every cranny of Colombian society. The character of the women is affected by the inadequate economy and culture of corruption. Most of the website promotes many of the positive characteristics of Colombian women, but like everyone they are not perfect.
There is deep-seated ignorance at a depth one would not see in the United States. The words, I don’t know is heard so often it must be the country’s slogan. To me it’s incomprehensible how so many can know so little. Most Colombian women would be unsuitable to the complexities of the United States and the social groups of most educated and professional American men. The weak education that most Colombians unknowingly endure limits their ability to function and compete in the world market. The schools lack discipline, materials, and qualified teachers. The educational system does not teach critical, analytical, quantitative, inquisitive, rational, logical, quick (brain-storming), creative, and goal oriented thinking or self determination, self responsibility, and self reliance. It’s mainly memory based. Content is given less consideration than style and other superficialities. On the surface many Colombian women look like the total package, yet many literally cannot form a substantive thought. They don’t know what to do or what to say. Their ignorance makes them unable to conjure up anything. Many can’t connect cause and effect or take hold of an opportunity placed right in their hands whether it is for love, work, or personal satisfaction. Common sense, proper etiquette, ethics, knowledge of current events, geography, laws, standards, and technology are all lacking. Many have such little practice using their minds that they will learn slower (if at all) than a typical American child. Particular areas that may be lacking or beyond repair would include curiosity, motivation, concentration, persistence, dedication, effort, and energy level, all of which help a person learn and advance. Extensive ignorance brings on stupidity and the inability to understand many of the parameters, nuances, technologies and interconnections of a modern, sophisticated life. An inactive mind not schooled to holding and using information creates forgetfulness, which is very prevalent in Colombia. Many can’t remember what’s not in front of them and what’s in front of them they don’t understand. I’ve literally met Colombian women who did not remember when they were born or what their home address was or that they all ready recently went out on a date with a man they wanted to meet. Colombia has a 93% literacy rate, which sounds fine, but I can tell you from experience that many can’t comprehend what they read.
Almost all Colombians will tell you their politicians are corrupt. What Colombians won’t acknowledge is that it’s not just the politicians and bureaucracies that are corrupt; it’s all the people who support and abide by this system of corruption. It’s not just the rich; it’s almost everybody. In a corrupt society, those who do not participate would be at a disadvantage, therefore this influences almost everyone to participate in corruption and learn a value system different than ours. Nepotism and cronyism is also big part of Colombia. Without connections, most Colombians can’t advance. Colombians will often recommend friends or relatives for services, but be careful because such recommendations are rarely based on the quality of their service. Since the societal and moral cost for this long-standing, pervasive corruption is not taught to young Colombians, the corruption will continue to endure as it has for hundreds of years throughout Latin America.
Sustaining corruption requires one to lie, and most Colombians are incessant liars. Even for the most inconsequential matters they lie or conceal their real thoughts and intentions. Colombian women have great difficulty saying, No thank you. You have to pull and tug to get them to say no, especially if they perceive any chance that this will cause friction or discomfort. Most Colombian women will not say no to a date invitation in front of you, they simply will not show, which is why we talk to the women in private after each date to discover how they really feel. Or they may show up and waste your limited time dating, before you see their true lack of interest, which is why we talk to the women in private to inquire about any inconsistencies or lack of interest. The extent and manner in which Colombian women lie forms the basis for many of our procedures and methods. It is a primary focus for us to recognize true intentions, dissuade dishonesty, and remove dishonest women from the agency. Telling the truth is not part of the Latin culture, but it is a part of how we conduct business.
Few Colombian women have experiences outside of Colombia. Many Colombian women have never been outside the parameters of their city and most have never met a foreigner. Colombia is not a reading and writing, information seeking society, and this limits the scope of their perceptions and views. For example, often the women will write to the men about their beautiful Colombian beaches, but beautiful compared to what. Few of the women have seen beaches outside of Cartagena, Barranquilla, and Santa Marta, which are usually grey, brown, dirty, and ugly from untreated industrial waste and sewage discharge. There is no pollution control and normally no trash cans, so what Colombians would consider as beautiful beaches, most Americans would want shut down. Their parochial knowledge of the outside world skews their understanding of how things really are and how things should be. Gossip, rumor, and misinformation are prevalent in Colombia.
Most Colombians are very proud of being Colombian, often feeling they are better than neighboring Latin countries or that their Spanish is better than other Spanish speaking countries. They normally feel the world’s perception of Colombia is wrong, yet in the same breath will share stories of tragedy and crime that ultimately demonstrate Colombia is deserving of its bad reputation. Their excessive patriotism and proudness rarely has anything to do with actual achievement; they defend out of pride not facts. Most don’t like hearing criticism of Colombia, but at some point you will need to point out the differences of how things are in Colombia and how they are in your home country. It is not unusual for Americans with limited impressions of Colombia to be enamored with Colombia, extolling attributes to the country based on very limited experience. When you travel to a place few Americans have visited, had a good time, and found someone special, it’s easy to think you may have found a hidden paradise. A sheltered vacation with International Introductions does not show you the realities of Colombia.
Persistence is not a trait of most Colombian women. They don’t have a get up and go attitude or the endurance to keep going until they reach their goal. For example, they may look for work for a couple of months, not find anything, and then stop and conclude no work is available. Or they will give up and leave the marriage agency because they didn’t get married after three months, six months, or however-many-months they thought it should take; they assume it’s not going to happen. Persistence is replaced by wishing, hoping, or having faith that what happens or does not happen is up to God, not them. Few actually take the steps to achieve their dreams by planning, preparing, and taking non-stop action to get what they want. Men who are driven to get what they want when they want it will be considered intense. Yet that will not exclude you from their interest. Colombian women are very playful, but the downside is that when it is time to be serious, they can also be playful. Colombian women are also quick to generalize. If for example, they had a bad experience dating one Black man, they will generalize that Black men are not good for them based on that one experience. They may date an American man, and if he loses interest, assume American men don’t like her and give-up on meeting American men. Colombian women are easily influenced and intimated by what their friends and family may say; few dare to take chances. They are inclined to play it safe, conform, and follow the crowd.
One of the rarest sights in Colombia is a clock; don’t expect to see any. Colombian women don’t watch the time and being on time is not a practice in which most Colombians partake. Colombians will not respect your time, because they don’t value their own time. They are very good at wasting time and don’t mind waiting and doing things in the slowest, longest way possible. The only time Colombians are in a hurry is when they are in a car. Regardless of the condition of the roads, the severity of the weather, or the amount of people in or around the streets, expect one velocity, fast.
In front of you, most Colombian women will be polite and proper, but out-of-site most Colombians are rude and ill-mannered. Normally, most of this bad behavior does not come from ignorance, but from a general disregard for others. It wouldn’t be so easy for Colombian terrorists to recruit or force Colombian men and women for a few hundred dollars per month to kill other innocent Colombians who have never done them any harm if there wasn’t such a low disregard for others. The general rudeness of Colombians becomes evident when you watch Colombians drive. They simply do not respect the right-of-way of others. As a pedestrian you are more likely to be a target than a reason to yield. I have never seen people look more frighten than those crossing the streets of Colombia. Unknown to most, the car horn is the official street language of Colombia. Whenever it is evident that you are either entering or exiting a taxi, the driver behind the taxi is going to honk his car horn, as if that will alter the fact that you still have to get in or out of the taxi. If you are standing on the sidewalk talking to someone, a taxi driver will honk his car horn to let you that he is available to pick you up, as if you didn’t have the slightest idea how to flag a taxi if you needed one. If a woman is walking on the sidewalk, a male driver will acknowledge her by sounding his car horn, because obviously there is no better way for him to introduce himself. If you are crossing an empty street and the closest driver is a good three blocks from you, that driver will honk at you out of frustration because he wasn’t able to swipe you. In Colombia you will hear more car horns in one week than all your life in the United States. The rudeness of Colombians extends to cutting in line, bringing uninvited guest to dates, pretending to be someone else while on the phone, hanging up on you, ignoring the etiquette of response, avoiding accountability, hiding from obligations, borrowing and not returning, playing music late at night as loud as possible till early morning, and principally not doing what they say they will do. Colombians have a very difficult time doing what they say they will do and believe that any excuse, most of which will not be true, forgives their misdeed.
For example, before you meet any woman, she must email us a positive response to your invitation. When we schedule an introduction at her convenience, we ask her what she will do if she can’t make the appointment. We keep asking this question until she tells us that she will notify us. We don’t tell her to call us; we have her tell us she is going to call if there is any problem. We then have her verify that she has our phone numbers. We then ask if she will have our phone number with her at all times before her introduction just in case she needs to reschedule. They all say, yes. Approximately 6-12 hours prior to her introduction we call to confirm that she will be attending and again repeat the above questions verifying that she has our phone number and address, the means to arrive on time, and does not foresee any conflicts with work, school, or family, and have her state she will notify us if she can’t make it and have our phone number with her to do so. After all this handholding, guidance, and reminders, about 40 percent of the women don’t show to their first invitation and approximately 90% will not call to cancel their date. Now the guy doesn’t immediately know this (such information is provided later), because he may have 12 women in front of him and not realize we may have invited 20. Of the eight who did not show, he most likely will meet seven on the second, third, forth, or even fifth invitation attempt. When we ask the girls who did not show for an explanation, almost all will apologize and acknowledge that they should have called, but will then explain why they couldn’t. This rude habit of not showing or calling is done between Colombian friends, Colombian businesses and customers, those interviewing for jobs, and at the highest educational and societal levels of Colombia. It is common for Colombian doctors to charge for missed appointments, because even for their own medical attention Colombians cannot be relied on to show. Colombians are not considerate people unless they are in front of you. Many Colombian women are irresponsible and unreliable and simply can’t do what they say they are going to do. Rarely is anyone held accountable in Colombia. We do our best by removing women who have a pattern for being unreliable, and we keep track of all negative behavior for your consideration in evaluating the women.
Most Colombian women are not able to manage their lives. They let things happen instead of make things happen; they react instead of act; they wish and hope instead of prepare and do. While forty percent of the women who express an interest in meeting you won’t show for their first appointment, it’s not because they don’t want to, it’s because they are disorganized and it takes very little for them to get distracted, delayed, forgetful, behind, or lost. Their lives go from one crisis to another, and they are not able to focus on anything, except the crisis or chore at hand. They are not good at task juggling, problem prevention, remembering, seeing around the corner, or managing their time. It’s an ongoing cycle of unmanaged problems, misuse of time, forgetfulness, accidents, and "emergencies." As a minor example, let me show you the chaos Colombian women have with cell phones and why their cell phone numbers are constantly changing (2-3 times a year): they were careless and lost their phone; they were short of money and sold their phone; their phone plan was dropped due to a lack of payment; their phone was stolen either by a pick pocket or by force because they were distracted with an activity or an emotion and did not know how to react or they carelessly placed themselves in situation to be robbed; they loaned their phone to a friend or family member who may still have it or lost it. Often they don’t have their cell phones with them or their battery is dead. Now take this situation with cell phones and apply it to bigger things and you should be able to see that having such a woman around the house will lead to one mishap after another.
So with all this, how are we able to get an average of 30-35 interested women pre-selected by the man in front of him within the first 48 hours of his visit? How is possible that we are able to help men find good matches and maintain our consistent reputation for success for so long? Well, it comes from effort and experience. We know Colombian women and what it takes to find the best Colombia has to offer when it comes to women. You won’t find better assistance to avoid the pitfalls of international dating than International Introductions. A man who chooses elsewhere is a man who doesn’t understand what you now know.

Not Taking Responsibility for Your Mistakes
If you can’t find a good foreign bride, you have no one else to blame except yourself. It’s not bad luck. Luck does not play an uncontrollable role in your outcome; you can make your luck. If you are persistent and follow our suggestions you will succeed. Men who are unsuccessful in finding or retaining a foreign bride made one or more of the above mistakes. Don’t blame the women because you ignored the evidence. Surprisingly, most men in love will even overlook hard evidence that their girlfriend or fiancée is cheating on them. They will actually suppress facts that conflict with their perception, feelings, and desires for their woman. You’ve only yourself to blame if you had a bad plan, used wrong methods, didn’t display confidence, were frequently forgiving of bad behavior, disregarded your gut feelings, compromised what was important to you, didn’t keep your senses, missed observations, and used bad judgment. Colombian women are transparent and uncomplicated. If you don’t allow yourself to be beguiled by their beauty, they are not difficult to figure out. Any conniving behavior on their part is usually fraught with blunders that only a completely captivated man can ignore. They are less educated, less knowledgeable, and less experienced than you. You have all the advantages to be able to choose wisely. International Introductions provides ample information for avoiding the errors men make, giving you ongoing access to our advice and assistance in your quest to find a foreign bride.
Colombia is not a country of angels where American men should trend alone. Most Colombian women would not be suitable for you. However, even with the elimination of many there is still bounty to be found. If you select a foreign bride who can think and progress from your teachings and patience, you can live with their limitations, which will become smaller and smaller over time. A good man with clear objectives of what he wants can find a foreign bride with the kind of attributes most men would not be able to find domestically. With our help you can find one of the gems of Colombia. Take advantage of the extra attention, planning, and support you will receive during your stay in Colombia and allow us to help you bring home the right woman.

[size=78%]erpt below

[/size]
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 06:40:42 AM by Elexpatriado »

Offline urdream

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2016, 01:56:28 PM »
Thank you! for the info. I hope its a generalization and each women could be different.

I have some experience with latin women. I've dated a venezuelan girl in Houston for 5-6 months who was more beautiful than most girls on Jamie's website. Feminine, educated and spoke good english. She asked me to marry and I didn't commit then and she left me. Worst mistake of my life. I still think about it. This was 3 years ago.

I dated a mexican for couple of years. She was more american in attitude than mexican.

I've always felt attracted to latin women and just happen to come across this website and Jamies website and thought of trying it. But if I can find reliable agency for filipino or Nepali I might try that also.

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2016, 06:03:34 PM »
Thank you! for the info. I hope its a generalization and each women could be different.

I have some experience with latin women. I've dated a venezuelan girl in Houston for 5-6 months who was more beautiful than most girls on Jamie's website. Feminine, educated and spoke good english. She asked me to marry and I didn't commit then and she left me. Worst mistake of my life. I still think about it. This was 3 years ago.

I dated a mexican for couple of years. She was more american in attitude than mexican.

I've always felt attracted to latin women and just happen to come across this website and Jamies website and thought of trying it. But if I can find reliable agency for filipino or Nepali I might try that also.

You probably won't encounter any gringos married to Colombianas who will give you a positive impression.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2016, 06:11:43 PM »

Go for Filipino then. Or sri lankan or Nepalese.

Lots of pretty women in Nepal.

Colombian women are mostly gold diggers. The vast majority of Colombian men say this-not just me.

I honestly cant see if you cant get a women in a country of 1.2 billion , and from all economic classes, how you can expect to find someone in a totally foreign, different culture.
Trust me, I know both cultures. There is a big difference between North American and Latin cultures and an even more significant difference between Latin (espescially Colombian) and your culture.

Also, as far as education goes , you will find the Universities in Colombia wa below the level in the US and the better ones in India. This is espescially true if you go to Barranquilla, where Jamies agency is.

You should read his description on the Costeña women..prety accurate.

Exc[size=78%]ome men believe you need to embrace and respect the Latin culture, learn the language, and adopt the traditions to understand and succeed with Latin women, but that’s not so. The emphases should be on the woman learning your culture, language, and traditions.  However, knowing how Colombian women think and behave is critical to your success. The positive attributes of Colombian women are no secret. They’re overwhelmingly happy, loving, passionate, warm, affectionate, attentive, fun, enjoyable, sexual, feminine, easy going, loyal, family oriented, supportive, undemanding, and much more. It’s the dark side that few men are aware of. Below is a blunt summary of the negative cultural and behavioral nature of Colombian women. We frankly tell you this so you can better understand the differences between Colombian women and the kind of women you are experienced with so that you can avoid making wrong assumptions and be able to quickly eliminate the unsuitable women. International Introductions does not sell you on the typical Colombian woman, who in most cases would be a disaster for our typical client who is an intelligent, educated, successful, business or professional man. We sell you on our ability and knowledge to help you find one of the gems of Colombia. A woman of beauty and capability who has the positive influences of the Latin culture and is untarnished by the negative aspects of her culture. Understanding what constitutes the majority of Colombian women will give you a greater appreciation for the Colombian gem you ultimately find.[/size]

To understand Colombian women, you first need to understand a little about Colombia. Like much of Latin America, Colombia is poor and corrupt. Half of the population is impoverished. Colombia is a country rich in natural resources, yet one can find young, abandoned girls in tattered dresses eating discarded food off the streets. Alongside third world poverty is corruption imbedded in every cranny of Colombian society. The character of the women is affected by the inadequate economy and culture of corruption. Most of the website promotes many of the positive characteristics of Colombian women, but like everyone they are not perfect.
There is deep-seated ignorance at a depth one would not see in the United States. The words, I don’t know is heard so often it must be the country’s slogan. To me it’s incomprehensible how so many can know so little. Most Colombian women would be unsuitable to the complexities of the United States and the social groups of most educated and professional American men. The weak education that most Colombians unknowingly endure limits their ability to function and compete in the world market. The schools lack discipline, materials, and qualified teachers. The educational system does not teach critical, analytical, quantitative, inquisitive, rational, logical, quick (brain-storming), creative, and goal oriented thinking or self determination, self responsibility, and self reliance. It’s mainly memory based. Content is given less consideration than style and other superficialities. On the surface many Colombian women look like the total package, yet many literally cannot form a substantive thought. They don’t know what to do or what to say. Their ignorance makes them unable to conjure up anything. Many can’t connect cause and effect or take hold of an opportunity placed right in their hands whether it is for love, work, or personal satisfaction. Common sense, proper etiquette, ethics, knowledge of current events, geography, laws, standards, and technology are all lacking. Many have such little practice using their minds that they will learn slower (if at all) than a typical American child. Particular areas that may be lacking or beyond repair would include curiosity, motivation, concentration, persistence, dedication, effort, and energy level, all of which help a person learn and advance. Extensive ignorance brings on stupidity and the inability to understand many of the parameters, nuances, technologies and interconnections of a modern, sophisticated life. An inactive mind not schooled to holding and using information creates forgetfulness, which is very prevalent in Colombia. Many can’t remember what’s not in front of them and what’s in front of them they don’t understand. I’ve literally met Colombian women who did not remember when they were born or what their home address was or that they all ready recently went out on a date with a man they wanted to meet. Colombia has a 93% literacy rate, which sounds fine, but I can tell you from experience that many can’t comprehend what they read.
Almost all Colombians will tell you their politicians are corrupt. What Colombians won’t acknowledge is that it’s not just the politicians and bureaucracies that are corrupt; it’s all the people who support and abide by this system of corruption. It’s not just the rich; it’s almost everybody. In a corrupt society, those who do not participate would be at a disadvantage, therefore this influences almost everyone to participate in corruption and learn a value system different than ours. Nepotism and cronyism is also big part of Colombia. Without connections, most Colombians can’t advance. Colombians will often recommend friends or relatives for services, but be careful because such recommendations are rarely based on the quality of their service. Since the societal and moral cost for this long-standing, pervasive corruption is not taught to young Colombians, the corruption will continue to endure as it has for hundreds of years throughout Latin America.
Sustaining corruption requires one to lie, and most Colombians are incessant liars. Even for the most inconsequential matters they lie or conceal their real thoughts and intentions. Colombian women have great difficulty saying, No thank you. You have to pull and tug to get them to say no, especially if they perceive any chance that this will cause friction or discomfort. Most Colombian women will not say no to a date invitation in front of you, they simply will not show, which is why we talk to the women in private after each date to discover how they really feel. Or they may show up and waste your limited time dating, before you see their true lack of interest, which is why we talk to the women in private to inquire about any inconsistencies or lack of interest. The extent and manner in which Colombian women lie forms the basis for many of our procedures and methods. It is a primary focus for us to recognize true intentions, dissuade dishonesty, and remove dishonest women from the agency. Telling the truth is not part of the Latin culture, but it is a part of how we conduct business.
Few Colombian women have experiences outside of Colombia. Many Colombian women have never been outside the parameters of their city and most have never met a foreigner. Colombia is not a reading and writing, information seeking society, and this limits the scope of their perceptions and views. For example, often the women will write to the men about their beautiful Colombian beaches, but beautiful compared to what. Few of the women have seen beaches outside of Cartagena, Barranquilla, and Santa Marta, which are usually grey, brown, dirty, and ugly from untreated industrial waste and sewage discharge. There is no pollution control and normally no trash cans, so what Colombians would consider as beautiful beaches, most Americans would want shut down. Their parochial knowledge of the outside world skews their understanding of how things really are and how things should be. Gossip, rumor, and misinformation are prevalent in Colombia.
Most Colombians are very proud of being Colombian, often feeling they are better than neighboring Latin countries or that their Spanish is better than other Spanish speaking countries. They normally feel the world’s perception of Colombia is wrong, yet in the same breath will share stories of tragedy and crime that ultimately demonstrate Colombia is deserving of its bad reputation. Their excessive patriotism and proudness rarely has anything to do with actual achievement; they defend out of pride not facts. Most don’t like hearing criticism of Colombia, but at some point you will need to point out the differences of how things are in Colombia and how they are in your home country. It is not unusual for Americans with limited impressions of Colombia to be enamored with Colombia, extolling attributes to the country based on very limited experience. When you travel to a place few Americans have visited, had a good time, and found someone special, it’s easy to think you may have found a hidden paradise. A sheltered vacation with International Introductions does not show you the realities of Colombia.
Persistence is not a trait of most Colombian women. They don’t have a get up and go attitude or the endurance to keep going until they reach their goal. For example, they may look for work for a couple of months, not find anything, and then stop and conclude no work is available. Or they will give up and leave the marriage agency because they didn’t get married after three months, six months, or however-many-months they thought it should take; they assume it’s not going to happen. Persistence is replaced by wishing, hoping, or having faith that what happens or does not happen is up to God, not them. Few actually take the steps to achieve their dreams by planning, preparing, and taking non-stop action to get what they want. Men who are driven to get what they want when they want it will be considered intense. Yet that will not exclude you from their interest. Colombian women are very playful, but the downside is that when it is time to be serious, they can also be playful. Colombian women are also quick to generalize. If for example, they had a bad experience dating one Black man, they will generalize that Black men are not good for them based on that one experience. They may date an American man, and if he loses interest, assume American men don’t like her and give-up on meeting American men. Colombian women are easily influenced and intimated by what their friends and family may say; few dare to take chances. They are inclined to play it safe, conform, and follow the crowd.
One of the rarest sights in Colombia is a clock; don’t expect to see any. Colombian women don’t watch the time and being on time is not a practice in which most Colombians partake. Colombians will not respect your time, because they don’t value their own time. They are very good at wasting time and don’t mind waiting and doing things in the slowest, longest way possible. The only time Colombians are in a hurry is when they are in a car. Regardless of the condition of the roads, the severity of the weather, or the amount of people in or around the streets, expect one velocity, fast.
In front of you, most Colombian women will be polite and proper, but out-of-site most Colombians are rude and ill-mannered. Normally, most of this bad behavior does not come from ignorance, but from a general disregard for others. It wouldn’t be so easy for Colombian terrorists to recruit or force Colombian men and women for a few hundred dollars per month to kill other innocent Colombians who have never done them any harm if there wasn’t such a low disregard for others. The general rudeness of Colombians becomes evident when you watch Colombians drive. They simply do not respect the right-of-way of others. As a pedestrian you are more likely to be a target than a reason to yield. I have never seen people look more frighten than those crossing the streets of Colombia. Unknown to most, the car horn is the official street language of Colombia. Whenever it is evident that you are either entering or exiting a taxi, the driver behind the taxi is going to honk his car horn, as if that will alter the fact that you still have to get in or out of the taxi. If you are standing on the sidewalk talking to someone, a taxi driver will honk his car horn to let you that he is available to pick you up, as if you didn’t have the slightest idea how to flag a taxi if you needed one. If a woman is walking on the sidewalk, a male driver will acknowledge her by sounding his car horn, because obviously there is no better way for him to introduce himself. If you are crossing an empty street and the closest driver is a good three blocks from you, that driver will honk at you out of frustration because he wasn’t able to swipe you. In Colombia you will hear more car horns in one week than all your life in the United States. The rudeness of Colombians extends to cutting in line, bringing uninvited guest to dates, pretending to be someone else while on the phone, hanging up on you, ignoring the etiquette of response, avoiding accountability, hiding from obligations, borrowing and not returning, playing music late at night as loud as possible till early morning, and principally not doing what they say they will do. Colombians have a very difficult time doing what they say they will do and believe that any excuse, most of which will not be true, forgives their misdeed.
For example, before you meet any woman, she must email us a positive response to your invitation. When we schedule an introduction at her convenience, we ask her what she will do if she can’t make the appointment. We keep asking this question until she tells us that she will notify us. We don’t tell her to call us; we have her tell us she is going to call if there is any problem. We then have her verify that she has our phone numbers. We then ask if she will have our phone number with her at all times before her introduction just in case she needs to reschedule. They all say, yes. Approximately 6-12 hours prior to her introduction we call to confirm that she will be attending and again repeat the above questions verifying that she has our phone number and address, the means to arrive on time, and does not foresee any conflicts with work, school, or family, and have her state she will notify us if she can’t make it and have our phone number with her to do so. After all this handholding, guidance, and reminders, about 40 percent of the women don’t show to their first invitation and approximately 90% will not call to cancel their date. Now the guy doesn’t immediately know this (such information is provided later), because he may have 12 women in front of him and not realize we may have invited 20. Of the eight who did not show, he most likely will meet seven on the second, third, forth, or even fifth invitation attempt. When we ask the girls who did not show for an explanation, almost all will apologize and acknowledge that they should have called, but will then explain why they couldn’t. This rude habit of not showing or calling is done between Colombian friends, Colombian businesses and customers, those interviewing for jobs, and at the highest educational and societal levels of Colombia. It is common for Colombian doctors to charge for missed appointments, because even for their own medical attention Colombians cannot be relied on to show. Colombians are not considerate people unless they are in front of you. Many Colombian women are irresponsible and unreliable and simply can’t do what they say they are going to do. Rarely is anyone held accountable in Colombia. We do our best by removing women who have a pattern for being unreliable, and we keep track of all negative behavior for your consideration in evaluating the women.
Most Colombian women are not able to manage their lives. They let things happen instead of make things happen; they react instead of act; they wish and hope instead of prepare and do. While forty percent of the women who express an interest in meeting you won’t show for their first appointment, it’s not because they don’t want to, it’s because they are disorganized and it takes very little for them to get distracted, delayed, forgetful, behind, or lost. Their lives go from one crisis to another, and they are not able to focus on anything, except the crisis or chore at hand. They are not good at task juggling, problem prevention, remembering, seeing around the corner, or managing their time. It’s an ongoing cycle of unmanaged problems, misuse of time, forgetfulness, accidents, and "emergencies." As a minor example, let me show you the chaos Colombian women have with cell phones and why their cell phone numbers are constantly changing (2-3 times a year): they were careless and lost their phone; they were short of money and sold their phone; their phone plan was dropped due to a lack of payment; their phone was stolen either by a pick pocket or by force because they were distracted with an activity or an emotion and did not know how to react or they carelessly placed themselves in situation to be robbed; they loaned their phone to a friend or family member who may still have it or lost it. Often they don’t have their cell phones with them or their battery is dead. Now take this situation with cell phones and apply it to bigger things and you should be able to see that having such a woman around the house will lead to one mishap after another.
So with all this, how are we able to get an average of 30-35 interested women pre-selected by the man in front of him within the first 48 hours of his visit? How is possible that we are able to help men find good matches and maintain our consistent reputation for success for so long? Well, it comes from effort and experience. We know Colombian women and what it takes to find the best Colombia has to offer when it comes to women. You won’t find better assistance to avoid the pitfalls of international dating than International Introductions. A man who chooses elsewhere is a man who doesn’t understand what you now know.

Not Taking Responsibility for Your Mistakes
If you can’t find a good foreign bride, you have no one else to blame except yourself. It’s not bad luck. Luck does not play an uncontrollable role in your outcome; you can make your luck. If you are persistent and follow our suggestions you will succeed. Men who are unsuccessful in finding or retaining a foreign bride made one or more of the above mistakes. Don’t blame the women because you ignored the evidence. Surprisingly, most men in love will even overlook hard evidence that their girlfriend or fiancée is cheating on them. They will actually suppress facts that conflict with their perception, feelings, and desires for their woman. You’ve only yourself to blame if you had a bad plan, used wrong methods, didn’t display confidence, were frequently forgiving of bad behavior, disregarded your gut feelings, compromised what was important to you, didn’t keep your senses, missed observations, and used bad judgment. Colombian women are transparent and uncomplicated. If you don’t allow yourself to be beguiled by their beauty, they are not difficult to figure out. Any conniving behavior on their part is usually fraught with blunders that only a completely captivated man can ignore. They are less educated, less knowledgeable, and less experienced than you. You have all the advantages to be able to choose wisely. International Introductions provides ample information for avoiding the errors men make, giving you ongoing access to our advice and assistance in your quest to find a foreign bride.
Colombia is not a country of angels where American men should trend alone. Most Colombian women would not be suitable for you. However, even with the elimination of many there is still bounty to be found. If you select a foreign bride who can think and progress from your teachings and patience, you can live with their limitations, which will become smaller and smaller over time. A good man with clear objectives of what he wants can find a foreign bride with the kind of attributes most men would not be able to find domestically. With our help you can find one of the gems of Colombia. Take advantage of the extra attention, planning, and support you will receive during your stay in Colombia and allow us to help you bring home the right woman.

[size=78%]erpt below

[/size]

Well, guess you can't call me 'long winded' anymore, LOL. I've written some epistles, but don't recall writing one THAT long! LOL. Maybe you ought to switch to decaf? A few paragraph breaks would've been welcome....

Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2016, 07:10:23 PM »
I think overall in the international 'looking for a spouse scenario', that by and large, the darker complexion people are looking for a lighter complected spouse and/or 'lover.' I've known many morenas who really wanted a guy who could give them a baby with blue or green eyes and lighter skin. Really to a great degree. Many top fashion models, ad agencies etc., want 'Euro-Asian-Latin mixed looking models. They physically appeal to a lot of people. Watching the Victoria's Secret Fashion show this week, we had fun trying to figure out what ethnic mix/blend many of the hot models had in their jeans----errrr, 'jeans', lingeree, whatever.

Then it's probably the same with the guys--and the gals too--most of the light skin guys, 'gringos'--and a lot of women want ("He was tall, dark and handsome...."  darker skin spouses---but whatever, like the morena skin and a shiny thick mane of jet black hair appeals to most gringos, people want something diifferent, exotic in their eyes.

My Filipina wife's a morena, but on the lighter color side of the color spectrum---many members of her family came from Spain, where some have almost milky white skin. She avoids the sunlight like a vampire. If we're going to the beach or otherwise out in the sun, while she doesn't wear (or need to) wear make up, but she uses sunscreen lotion with an SPF factor of 10 trillion, lol. She won't come to the pool with me.

So she dreads getting a tan and in her country, skin lightening products are a huge, huge business.Almost all the skin lightening products are not effective. Many women use umbrellas on sunny days. But I love it when she gets a bit darker. She laments that she doesn't feel she's 'hot' looking and asks me what she could do to look hotter. Once in a great while, she'll wear red lipstick for a formal affair, but as soon as we're in the car, she's got a kleenex and is toning it wayyy down. She doesn't care much for being professionally 'made up' when she's in a bridal wedding party. Gets all that makeup off ASAP, kicks off the high heels and has me run to the car to get her Nikes.

But she dresses fashionably and gets a lot of 'looks' however any clothing that she feels might be seen as being remotely 'slutty' looking, she will not buy. I got her an expensive, tasteful ( to me anyway) soft lambskin leather skirt and she never wore it, not even once. No real high stiletto heals either.

I like my women like I like my coffee---light brown, hot and sweet. Guys, I am describing traits herein that many Filipinas embody. Think about it.

In the sun w/o sunblock, her always super soft, warm, buttery, almost silk like skin becomes a golden brown that just rocks my world. Tan or not, her skin, indoors or out, must be ten degrees warmer than mine. Best bed warmer in the universe. We get into bed, make like two nestled spoons and she warms me right up. Mama mia....

If we broke up, there's a whole lotta things I'd miss, but that's a huge one for sure. Without her, the bed would feel like Alaska in January.

There's always gonna be exceptions, but I guess it's still true that 'opposites attract'---at least a significant amount of the time. Look at my avatar! I'm a tall version of Shrek and she's a tiny version of Fiona!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2016, 07:10:23 PM »

Offline Rschnb67

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2016, 06:32:48 AM »
 I'm no expert by any means but my girlfriend from Barranquilla has all of those good qualities except she's not sexy she's super sexy and the negative qualities so far all I have seen she a girl who's super organized always punctual very attentive   The furthest thing from a Golddigger you could ever find and a super super nice person  sometimes a little impulsive.  She has  been taking English lessons and it's coming along slowly but surely but then again I'm taking salsa lessons and I am probably doing far worse than she is at English   To say an American child learns faster to me doesn't sound very accurate but maybe I have a rare gem but I would not trade her for a Filipino for all the money in the world I dated them before and  I work in healthcare where there are tons of Filipinos and I know them pretty well now and I don't think you could even compare my girl loves to dress sexy for me but yet she's at church every Sunday I think I have the best of both worlds

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2016, 10:13:42 AM »
I'm no expert by any means but my girlfriend from Barranquilla has all of those good qualities except she's not sexy she's super sexy and the negative qualities so far all I have seen she a girl who's super organized always punctual very attentive   The furthest thing from a Golddigger you could ever find and a super super nice person  sometimes a little impulsive.  She has  been taking English lessons and it's coming along slowly but surely but then again I'm taking salsa lessons and I am probably doing far worse than she is at English   To say an American child learns faster to me doesn't sound very accurate but maybe I have a rare gem but I would not trade her for a Filipino for all the money in the world I dated them before and  I work in healthcare where there are tons of Filipinos and I know them pretty well now and I don't think you could even compare my girl loves to dress sexy for me but yet she's at church every Sunday I think I have the best of both worlds

Colombia is like a diamond mine. You have to dig through and remove tons of sediment to find the perfect gem. But there are still plenty of them there. IT'S AN ENTIRE MINE FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!

When I first met Jamie I thought he was sort of an introvert in Barranquilla. I got the impression that the only people he associated with everyday were his employees. He does a lot more traveling around Colombia now and has met a lot more people. I tend to wonder if he believes what he wrote about Colombian Women back then still holds true today. His goal was always to put guys in front of girls that could potentially turn into their lifelong partners but protecting them from bad women was first priority, so he usually erred on the side of caution over risk. After my first couple of Colombian Girlfriends I definitely agreed with everything Expat pasted into his post. But now, having gotten to know girls from Bogota, Pereira, Cali. Medellin, etc., I'd say the variety of personalities, work ethic, education and looks in Colombian Women is as wide as you'll find in any other country.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 10:22:18 AM by benjio »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2016, 10:13:12 AM »
Well, guess you can't call me 'long winded' anymore, LOL. I've written some epistles, but don't recall writing one THAT long! LOL. Maybe you ought to switch to decaf? A few paragraph breaks would've been welcome....

Copy and paste out of Jaimies site

Offline urdream

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2016, 01:25:45 PM »
Hi Rschnb67,

Thank you! for sending me a PM. I can't send PM's yet. Not sure what the requirement is to send PM's but i would like to hear more details of your story.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2016, 03:21:42 PM »
Hi Rschnb67,

Thank you! for sending me a PM. I can't send PM's yet. Not sure what the requirement is to send PM's but i would like to hear more details of your story.

I think it's something like 10 posts. So maybe post:

1) I appreciate your help.
2) looking forward to traveling.
3) lots of experience here.

And 'voila'

Offline urdream

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2016, 11:43:48 AM »
I appreciate your help.

Offline urdream

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2016, 11:44:12 AM »
looking forward to traveling.

Offline urdream

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2016, 11:44:39 AM »
lots of experience here.

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2016, 03:51:46 PM »
lots of experience here.

Congraulations on making your 10 posts.... now you can PM anyone ;)

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 467