It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: I've returned after many years...  (Read 2463 times)

Offline Ragin Cajun

• Probie
  • Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
I've returned after many years...
« on: February 07, 2015, 10:09:30 AM »

I used to be on the gringos.com forum many years ago... Been kicking around Colombia since 1st working there in `92..  Married to a Paisa who was my neighbor in Miami 12 years ago.. Returned to Texas after a 2 yr contract there, and we live a relatively low-key life here.. Travel to visit her family as often as we can, but with the downturn in my business due to the advent of Obamacare, things have not been so easy. We are hoping to retire in the next 5 or 6 yrs to Bogota or Medellin.. though my wife doesn't like Bogota at all.. I have always loved it there.. 
           I see a few familiar names here, as well as the long-running keyboard battles which seem to have never left...  Wanting to stay out of that fray.. I remember too well the demise of PBH and the circus that it became... Simply wanting to share information without the drama generated by the emotions of myself or others.   :)

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: I've returned after many years...
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 10:32:37 AM »

I used to be on the gringos.com forum many years ago... Been kicking around Colombia since 1st working there in `92..  Married to a Paisa who was my neighbor in Miami 12 years ago.. Returned to Texas after a 2 yr contract there, and we live a relatively low-key life here.. Travel to visit her family as often as we can, but with the downturn in my business due to the advent of Obamacare, things have not been so easy. We are hoping to retire in the next 5 or 6 yrs to Bogota or Medellin.. though my wife doesn't like Bogota at all.. I have always loved it there.. 
           I see a few familiar names here, as well as the long-running keyboard battles which seem to have never left...  Wanting to stay out of that fray.. I remember too well the demise of PBH and the circus that it became... Simply wanting to share information without the drama generated by the emotions of myself or others.   :)

Although I'm more inclined to the Asian side of this forum,  it sounds great to have you back. Hope you and yours do well and that the perils of our nation's, shall we say 'Cruel and unusual' economy? begin to turn back more in our favor.

Couldn't help but chuckle thinking about how you took a most round about manner in marrying 'The girl next door'  and would imagine there have many miles and stories to tell from your 'voyage'  together!
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Ragin Cajun

• Probie
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 11:48:40 AM »
Thanks, Robert..
      Yes, it seemed like things had come full circle... When my company housed me in Miami, little did I know that Kendall was mostly Colombianos and Venezuelanos... As everyone knows, Miami can be quite "plastic" and due to the tourist economy there, the gold-diggers abound... But there are also many good ones there, I was fortunate to meet one of them.. She has become quite the Texan, and has often said she would never return to that part of Florida to live. Over the past 10 yrs, she has seen a lot of this country on the back of a motorcycle.. Her enthusiasm, as always, is contagious.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 11:48:40 AM »

Offline fathertime

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 04:28:13 PM »
welcome Ragin Cajun...love that name. Hopefully you and your wife can agree on the city to retire to....maybe a little of both places will work for both of you.
Fathertime!

09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Awesome

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 11:25:19 AM »
Thanks for contributing RC!  I'm always telling guys who are dead set on marrying a colombiana, but are skeptical about the complicated, drawn out process of marrying a woman in colombia and bringing her to the states that THERE ARE PARTS OF THE USA THAT ARE FULL OF COLOMBIANS, not to mention all of the great latinas who aren't colombian.  There are THOUSAND UPON THOUSANDS of colombianas living in texas, florida, and nyc, no visa, no passport, no waiting required.

Offline Hector_Lavoe

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2015, 12:16:35 PM »
Good to have here RC. Must have been interesting to live in Colombia circa 1992. I'd be curious to hear some of your thoughts differences in Colombia between then and now...

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 130