It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: i might be destined for Latin America  (Read 11701 times)

Offline aconcepts

• Ka what?!?
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Re: i might be destined for Latin America
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2012, 12:49:35 PM »
"When you have the ability to spend as much time in Latin America as I do dating is not a huge rush project that has to be completed within your alotted vacation time"

Yup////

Even more so when you live here...

8) ::)
"but we who knew that different truths can coexist thought not that we were lowering ourselves by countenancing another's truth, unpalatable though it might seem."

Offline Carson007

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2012, 01:56:38 PM »

If you go to Jamie's Homepage and read the longest trip report on the bottom of the Black Men's Experience page it details my first trip to Latin-Wife in August of 2008. A potential client of Jamie's I often communicate with that also lurks here read it the other day and couldn't believe how much my "tone" had changed between then and now. Although it may not appear that way from my posts I'm still very excited about Colombia and I love the country and the culture. I just have a better understanding of how things work now and a lot of those things can be obstacles in the way of the success of any sincere wife hunter...the exceptional beauty of Colombianas being the primary culprit.

I'm returning to Jamie's this month as more of a personal business/vacation trip but hopefully I can meet some ladies while I'm there. When you have the ability to spend as much time in Latin America as I do dating is not a huge rush project that has to be completed within your alotted vacation time. It's more like it is here in the states, natural, without so much pressure to proceed to the next level as an assurance of sincerity. Although I still meetup with the occasional girl from Colombian/Latin American Cupid, most of the women I meet SOTB these days are friends of friends, friends of co-workers, or just in passing. Ain't a bad gig at all!  8)

ahhh..what's a guy to to do when he doesn't have the gig or resources as you do? :)     I guess I would coast a little more if I had things your way.  But the fact of the matter is I don't...what a darn shame.

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2012, 03:11:35 PM »

Benjio,

I was sort of thinking the same thing.  It was my experience that Colombianas are also not attracted to short guys (although that is a different subject).

The short thing is definitely a turn off for most Colombianas I've met; and yes, one of their assumptions is that all Asian Men are short, which we all know is absolutely ridiculous...especially if you live in Houston!  ;D  I seriously doubt any of them would check to see what Carson's height actually is once they saw his Asian picture in the profile (if height was even their problem with him to begin with). It's like any other introduction with implications of dating. Physical Appearance is everything at first. Just think about it, no gringo clicks on a girl's profile on Jamie's Site to read about what kind of person she is if they are not physically attracted to her. The girls do the same thing. Most will make the decision of whether or not to meet you by simply looking at your picture. From my experience some will read through your entire profile, but it's not common. This is what I was trying to explain to Carson007. Most of the girls will take a look at his picture and regardless of how handsome he is, jump to a bunch of conclusions because he's Asian. Costenas are also VERY rarely willing to do something out of the ordinary. Even if a girl was genuinely interested, she'd be thinking about what her friends and her family would say.

I would still encourage Carson to try his luck at Jamie's. Not to treat him like some sort of science experiment but I'm really curious to see what his response rate will be.

Height is a relative physical characteristic. It all depends on what culture someone is accumstomed to. It's not uncommon for me to be taller than everyone else in a public place like the mall or a festival when I'm in Colombia, and I'm only 5'11". I'd say Colombian Women average out at about 5'3", and Colombian Men about 5'8". There are some Colombianos that are much shorter, but very few I've seen are taller. The second biggest complaint you'll hear from Colombianas about Colombian Men is how short they are right behind how unfaithful they are.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 03:15:46 PM by benjio »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2012, 03:11:35 PM »

Offline Carson007

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2012, 03:21:40 PM »

The short thing is definitely a turn off for most Colombianas I've met; and yes, one of their assumptions is that all Asian Men are short, which we all know is absolutely ridiculous...especially if you live in Houston!  ;D  I seriously doubt any of them would check to see what Carson's height actually is once they saw his Asian picture in the profile (if height was even their problem with him to begin with). It's like any other introduction with implications of dating. Physical Appearance is everything at first. Just think about it, no gringo clicks on a girl's profile on Jamie's Site to read about what kind of person she is if they are not physically attracted to her. The girls do the same thing. Most will make the decision of whether or not to meet you by simply looking at your picture. From my experience some will read through your entire profile, but it's not common. This is what I was trying to explain to Carson007. Most of the girls will take a look at his picture and regardless of how handsome he is, jump to a bunch of conclusions because he's Asian. Costenas are also VERY rarely willing to do something out of the ordinary. Even if a girl was genuinely interested, she'd be thinking about what her friends and her family would say.

I would still encourage Carson to try his luck at Jamie's. Not to treat him like some sort of science experiment but I'm really curious to see what his response rate will be.

Height is a relative physical characteristic. It all depends on what culture someone is accumstomed to. It's not uncommon for me to be taller than everyone else in a public place like the mall or a festival when I'm in Colombia, and I'm only 5'11". I'd say Colombian Women average out at about 5'3", and Colombian Men about 5'8". There are some Colombianos that are much shorter, but very few I've seen are taller. The second biggest complaint you'll hear from Colombianas about Colombian Men is how short they are right behind how unfaithful they are.

I made my own assumptions that Colombians were short in general like Mexicans are...  I'm not tall, especially being somewhat muscular it takes away from the illusion that I was taller on average.  I stand at 5'10" and 185lbs.  My true bodyweight would probably be 160lbs--packed on some muscle from weight training.   But usually when I'm in a 3rd world country, I'm often in the top 10% in height.  For example, when I visit Vietnam, I feel like Superman hahaha...but when I come back to the states, I'm just your average Joe.

So I basically need to talk to Jamie and get his feel on how receptive they are in general to Asians...   I always assumed they loved the Asian cats ...especially hearing that from my Latino friends and my own experiences here in the states. 

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 181