It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: New Member Here. Leaving For villavicencio colombia  (Read 17593 times)

Offline dennislevy

• pick a realistic goal and do it.
  • Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: Resident
Re: New Member Here. Leaving For villavicencio colombia
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2011, 09:24:53 AM »
Michael and Iggy

Iggy, you were right.

Michael. JAULAS....but I am sure it was just a typo

Thanks for the lesson ette, I sincerely appreciate it...and you are entirely right, jaualas doradas is even better......And, I  still fight with directs and indirects and some tenses. With the exception of 80 hours of level 2 Spanish at the National University in Bogota  I am self taught.

And one of the most important Spanish lesson ettes I learned along the way.....a MUST lesson ette for any aspiring gringo who comes to Colombia with a bit of Spanish  And I only had to learn it ONCE during my first trip.......when I talked with a Colombian woman during a first date......is

the difference between

estoy emocionado

y estoy excitado...

jejeje!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 10:11:25 AM by dennislevy »

Offline ignorante

« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2011, 11:50:18 AM »
Iggy, you were right.

Whew!  ;D  I am just trying my best to learn.  I do not have even basic conversational Spanish yet, but I am working on it.  :-[

Languages really should be stressed more in American education.  When I lived in Germany, I was amazed at all the young people that spoke fluent English as well as other languages (although most of the time you will not know it until you try to speak German, as they frequently will not speak English for an American who has not made the effort).  In Holland their English is better than the typical American.

Offline dennislevy

« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2011, 05:28:41 PM »
Researcher

The two examples I mentioned were clients of a Bogota agency, but not the one where you met your wife  Probably neither knew the novias well enough and didnt ask the right questions

It gets better......The first guy a year later after the 90 day novia that he sent home.......comes to BQ, signs up with Jamie and picks a girl out, Now hes 61 and the new one is 33, she is a widow with a young child......  She tells him she cant be with him in BQ because of her family...and what would they think?........ yadda, yadda.

Pays for her to fly to Panama and they audiiton for marriage in a hotel room in Panama.  Maybe four or five  months later he goes to BQ and marries her in a civil ceremony and then asks for her information so he can put together the spousal visa app because he has already done the 90 day novia thing

And she says.............. Oh no you misunderstood me, I don t want to live in the US, my home is in Baranquilla and my family is here- But you are my husband and you are always wecome here. Just  make sure you send the money every month as we agreed.

jejejejeje

So, he divorced her,,,and paid her some cash for the divorce but when he comes to Colombia they get together.......

I m not making this up!!!!!!!

This is a guy who probably was used as a ticket...coming and going....but he never asked the right questions, he dated out of his league and he thought with the little head.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 07:30:54 PM by dennislevy »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2011, 05:28:41 PM »

Offline michaelb

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2011, 08:01:47 PM »

the difference between

estoy emocionado

y estoy excitado...

jejeje!

Very important difference indeed...on that I learned the hard way (no pun intended)

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2011, 05:20:21 AM »
Researcher

The two examples I mentioned were clients of a Bogota agency, but not the one where you met your wife  Probably neither knew the novias well enough and didnt ask the right questions

It gets better......The first guy a year later after the 90 day novia that he sent home.......comes to BQ, signs up with Jamie and picks a girl out, Now hes 61 and the new one is 33, she is a widow with a young child......  She tells him she cant be with him in BQ because of her family...and what would they think?........ yadda, yadda.

Pays for her to fly to Panama and they audiiton for marriage in a hotel room in Panama.  Maybe four or five  months later he goes to BQ and marries her in a civil ceremony and then asks for her information so he can put together the spousal visa app because he has already done the 90 day novia thing

And she says.............. Oh no you misunderstood me, I don t want to live in the US, my home is in Baranquilla and my family is here- But you are my husband and you are always wecome here. Just  make sure you send the money every month as we agreed.

jejejejeje

So, he divorced her,,,and paid her some cash for the divorce but when he comes to Colombia they get together.......

I m not making this up!!!!!!!

This is a guy who probably was used as a ticket...coming and going....but he never asked the right questions, he dated out of his league and he thought with the little head.

Yep, sounds like he rushed into it. I've seen that kind of thing happen and probably is the reason I am critical of the many "ways" that guys go about "wife hunting". But if a guy understands the risk he is taking and willing to accept the consequences without too much whining I say go for it.

Researcher
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline dennislevy

« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2011, 09:38:09 AM »
Very important difference indeed...on that I learned the hard way (no pun intended

Your quote Michael.....

And since you learned the hard way. I hope the woman didn t  pene----lize you.................(pun intended)

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 140