It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: yet another new guy here  (Read 10203 times)

Offline hook2001321

• Probie
yet another new guy here
« on: June 27, 2008, 01:46:14 AM »
Hello everyone i'm new to this board as a member, but have been looking on for the past 1 1/2 or so. Its good to finally start taking the next step at finding my future wife. A little about myself, i'm 25 and live in the great state of Mississippi. I work as a commercial diver in the gulf of Mexico and currently just bought a home and have a stable work environment. I am on the heavy side so i figure this will be the one thing that will hinder my efforts but i'm not going to get discouraged and look forward to posting on this forum. Most of you i'm sure will tell me i'm to young to be looking else where for a wife but i'm not just looking because i'm tired of American women. its more that i think Columbian women are more attractive and more loyal to their families. Hope to hear from everyone and looking forward to the experience.

Offline sean126

Re: yet another new guy here
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 04:28:57 AM »
Hello and welcome to the forum Hook.  We are glad you decided to join.  I'm sure you'll have a good time and find some very useful info.  You might want to take a look at the latin "trip reports" section.  these tell about the experiences individuals had and what the thought about the agency they used, if they used one.  That will be a helpful section.

have fun.

sean126 

Offline dennislevy

• pick a realistic goal and do it.
  • Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 10:37:58 AM »
Hello Hook:

Welcome to the board. You said that you were "on the heavy side." You may hear hype (especially from agencies) that Colombian women don't care about your looks or your physique. It isn't true, especially among most Colombian women in their 20s.  (I assume this is your target group)

I'm 55, 5'10 240 lbs, so I'm not "svelte".  When I was in Bogota recently, a 53 year old woman that I met just for coffee asked me: "Porque eres gordo?" Why are you fat? She didn't have a lot of tact, but she voiced what a lot of Colombian women think whent they see "gringos gordos."   Colombianas are usually very concerned with image, and money gets spent on liposuction procedures  in Colombia. Plastic surgery is much cheaper in Colombia, so a lot of women don;t understand why American men are so heavy. 

If you can, try to lose weight before you go to Colombia.

Good luck.

dennislevy

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 10:37:58 AM »

Offline fathertime

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 11:01:32 AM »
What Dennis Levy says is correct.  Don't think that being overweight or obese is going to be overlooked.  The good thing is that you will still have a lot more options than you might here in the good ol USA but being plump still is generally a minus, although there are certain girls that may see it as a plus.  The same goes for baldness, age, income, etc... You gotta do the best you can to look as good as possible.  These young Colombian babes are not blind! 

It sounds like you have some big plusses too like your age and employment.  Just make a real effort to make yourself as attractive as possible and have some fun.  You are not too young to begin this process.  You age is good in many ways.

Good luck!

Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline jm21-2

• Spouse's Country: Taiwan
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 12:02:20 PM »
Nothing wrong with being on the young side. There are a few of us here around that age, myself included. Might want to check your spelling of Colombia though.

Offline Dave H

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 04:18:27 PM »
I am on the heavy side so i figure this will be the one thing that will hinder my efforts but i'm not going to get discouraged and look forward to posting on this forum.

Hi Hook,

If you just want to be yourself and not worry about looking rich and becoming "buff," I would suggest you consider the Philippines in your quest as well.  Most Filipinas will find you "guwapo" (handsome - "guapo" in Spanish) even if you are considered obese in Latin America and the US.

Good luck!

Dave
The developmentally disabled madman!

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 05:16:28 PM »
Hola Gancho:
Welcome! Dave's right, plenty of us on the Asian side have more than a passing acquaintance with good food and have the exercise philosophy of: No Pain? ...  NO PAIN! 

You're not too young. Congratulate yourself that unlike many here, you figured out an alternate to AW before you had your nutz ripped off, your wallet emptied, and your best years behind you. A few of us get it right the first time. 

- Jeff

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2008, 06:45:17 PM »
When my wife's mother, brother, sister and sister's family all came to visit the US, they had two observations: Americans are fat and they obey the traffic laws. I must admit the propensity of Americans for obesity amazes even me sometimes and I've lived here my whole life.

Offline blockbuster

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2008, 08:45:20 PM »
 Hook,   

Welcome to the forum. i'm gonna give you some advice. At 25 you should be in the best shape of your life because as you get older your metabolism will slow down. Please understand taking care of your health is the best gift you can give yourself,future wife and children.

Try to cut down a bit on the food. Instead of eating 3,000 calories a day eat 2,500. Walk to any place you can instead of driving. Work with weights about 15 minutes a day. If you do all that, you should easily lose at least 4 pounds a month. 50 pounds by end of year. It's really worth it.

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2008, 09:02:58 PM »

Welcome to the board Hook. I wouldn't worry so much about being young, I looked for 10 years or so.
            Dave H. is correct, if I were you I would also consider the Philippines, especially if you don't speak Spanish. I spent some time looking there and I have to say it's well worth a try. Being overweight in Asian countries is sometimes looked at as a sign of success.
            You might want to check out visajourney.com also just to educate yourself on the immigration process and what all is involved.And, of course, there is alot of good info on this site as well.
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Dave H

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2008, 09:09:31 PM »
When my wife's mother, brother, sister and sister's family all came to visit the US, they had two observations: Americans are fat and they obey the traffic laws.

Hey utopiacowboy,

ROFLMAO!!!

So they really do know the traffic laws! I figured they were just following the laws or lack of laws from their various homelands.  ;D

Dave

Americans Fat??? Here are some of my friends from  "advanced" aerobics and Spinning classes.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 09:42:36 PM by Dave H »

Offline hook2001321

• Probie
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2008, 09:32:53 PM »
Thanks for all the great info everyone. I'm looking forward to the experience and can't wait to get started. I do realize that i need to shed alot of weight if i ever look to take home a columbian, but i'm not going to let that discourage me in my quest. I have also taken a look at the phillipines and think that it could be a good option as well it just cost more to travel back and forth. If i end up taking a trip to colombia i think that i will use Jamies services but don't really know much about the phillipines so those fella's out their what is a good place to check out? Thanks for all the great info and looking forward to chating with everyone more.

Offline Bear

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2008, 09:53:41 PM »
Weight won't be a deal breaker in the Philippines in some cases they acturally see being a little overweigh as a sign of wealth. 

The Bear Family

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2008, 09:53:41 PM »

Offline Dave H

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2008, 09:57:42 PM »
I do realize that i need to shed alot of weight if i ever look to take home a columbian, but i'm not going to let that discourage me in my quest.
Hi Hook,

The way I see it you can either loose weight or make more money to "take home a Colombiana."  ;D My Colombina neighbor (her daughter now has the house) dumped her young boyfriend and married a very fat, older guy. She started taking him to the gym. I thought she was trying to kill him for the life insurance money. It turns out that he is a millionaire, buys her everything (including lipo, new boobs, expensive SUV, and a mansion)  and she is trying to keep him alive as long as possible.  ;D

Just go over to the Asian Board, ask questions, and check out the archives.
Good luck!

Dave

Offline soltero

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2008, 05:39:17 PM »

Just go over to the Asian Board, ask questions, and check out the archives.
Good luck!

Dave

It's bad enough you guys try to slip over here when it's as slow as grass growing over there, but now you are trying to steal our brand newbies! LOL!   :D

Now that's low...  ;D
Live as if you will die tomorrow, Plan as if you will live forever...

Offline dennislevy

• pick a realistic goal and do it.
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2008, 06:08:31 PM »
Spart41

Why don't you go to the public library, take out any book and DVD program starting with basic level 1 and do your own "rocket spanish".   

Dennis

Offline Ray

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2008, 12:07:48 PM »

...now you are trying to steal our brand newbies!

Oh, come on Soltero! Nobody's trying to steal your newbies... 

Welcome to the Philippines!
 ;D

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2008, 02:10:01 PM »
It's bad enough you guys try to slip over here when it's as slow as grass growing over there, but now you are trying to steal our brand newbies! LOL!   :D
Just helping the lad to know all his options so he can better choose what might be the best match for him. 

If by Gulf Coast he means TX or FL, then he may be more familiar with and comfortable with Latin American culture and food.  While Filipinas may be sweeter, filipino cuisine may make him sick!  But he's only 25, so plenty of time to research all these variables.  Then pick the chick with the biggest rack.
...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.
- "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift

Offline Dave H

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2008, 03:22:06 PM »
Hey soltero,

I would just like to see Hook get started as soon as possible, without having to first spend a year or two on fitness, diet, dance, language, fashion and macho classes!  ;D

Dave

Offline soltero

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2008, 04:51:27 PM »
Oh, come on Soltero! Nobody's trying to steal your newbies... 

Welcome to the Philippines!
 ;D

Amscray with those hot Filipina pics, Ray!  >:( LOL!

Offline soltero

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2008, 04:55:12 PM »
Just helping the lad to know all his options so he can better choose what might be the best match for him. 

If by Gulf Coast he means TX or FL, then he may be more familiar with and comfortable with Latin American culture and food.  While Filipinas may be sweeter, filipino cuisine may make him sick!  But he's only 25, so plenty of time to research all these variables.  Then pick the chick with the biggest rack.

I should have known better and kept my mouth shut...now we have a complete "Asian Invasion"!  ;D

All I need now is for Bear, Honey, and Tess Brittain to chime in!  ;D

Offline soltero

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2008, 05:00:35 PM »
Hey soltero,

I would just like to see Hook get started as soon as possible, without having to first spend a year or two on fitness, diet, dance, language, fashion and macho classes!  ;D

Dave

Now, Dave, in all honesty...does it really matter that little to a Filipina? I know that in China, pudgyness used to be a sign of being well off, but is that even still the case there? I am not judging the Hookster at all, but since it's being discussed, I have to throw my two cents in as well as I am not skin and bones either. Latin women would prefer that their man is not overweight, but when they love you, THEY LOVE YOU! You will be her Gordo, Gordito, or Bon Bon all day long!

Offline Bear

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2008, 06:06:21 PM »
Yes! It matters that little to a Filipina.  You ask about Filipinas then reference China.  No comparison.  And women are women and sex is sex, I doubt any culture as a lock on an overall better attitude towards sex from its women that Asians.  Their main goal is to marry and they consider AMs choice due to being more caring, responsible and stable.  They are raised to be submissive to their family, peers and husbands as someone who has their best interests at heart and they know that AMs are usually not as violent, unstable and controlling as what they'd most likely end up with.  All of that comes before looks.  Filipinas are mostly non-confrontational with the exception of "tampo" (silent treatment tempertatrum) where they usually still perform all their wifely duties without talking to you.  The divorce rate was the lowest of all international marriages when I started looking 8 years ago.

A joke from the R.P...

Maganda Girl, Gwapo Guy - marriage made in heaven.
Maganda girl, pangit guy - good technique.
Pangit girl, gwapo guy - true love.
Pangit girl, pangit guy - no choice.

I know a Filipina, this girl would give Miss America trouble in a beauty competition, who married a guy who looks like someone lit his face on fire and then put it out with an icepick (must be good technique huh?).  Never seen such a well matched and happy couple.  I've also seen similar attitudes towards religion and age.

The Bear Family

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2008, 06:06:21 PM »

Offline catz

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2008, 08:28:44 PM »
Ray,

If I wasn't already a happily married man that pic would have set me thinking hard on where I was going to go.

Now I can just appreciate the view and thank you for that visual treat!  ;D

Offline Dave H

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2008, 09:04:02 PM »
Now, Dave, in all honesty...does it really matter that little to a Filipina?

Hey soltero,

I can't speak for other Asian cultures. But, as Bear stated, being overweight or obese does not matter to most Filipinas! I weigh more than twice as much as my wife. I have seen many guys happily married to Filipinas for years, who are probably 3-4 times heavier than their wives. Most Filipinas are much more concerned with what is in your heart. I know that sounds very corny, but it is true.  ;D

By contrast, I know that it is also true that most Latinas are the opposite. I know I am being a killjoy, but I believe that wallet can trump weight or other matters any day with most Latinas.

Dave
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 09:14:44 PM by Dave H »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats