It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Hello from New Member  (Read 3851 times)

Offline Eric39

Hello from New Member
« on: July 30, 2007, 04:49:52 PM »
Hello Everyone!

I just "discovered" this forum today while reading through the "Latin Wife" website.

I have travelled extensively around the world (24 countries and mostly for work) in the past 7 years, but I have to say that Colombia has the most beautiful women I have seen to date. I will say that the Indonesian women are very attractive as well, but they are just too far away!

I first went to Colombia in 2000 to meet a girl that I had met through Love Me.com. We actually "dated" for over a year via IM and webcam every night.

The first time we met, I stayed at her parents house in Bucaramanga for over a week. What an experience! It was the first time out of the country and I did not know what to expect as I had heard all the bad press. I remember while I was there that a person got their head blown off by a bomb that was strapped around their neck and it went off while they were trying to diffuse it. I had no problems though. I enjoyed it and loved the culture.

The second time I met her was in Costa Rica in early 2001. She brought a girlfriend along, but this was no problem as we had a good time seeing the country and knowing each other better. This second time together was also our last sad to say. I decided to end it with her. I guess I could say it was her fault and mine. What happened was I noted she was continually flirting with the tour guide on one of our trips. My Spanish was not good at that time (and it is still not great) but I noticed from her body language and actions that she seemed interested in the guy. I took it as an offense and decided to let her go. Fortunately, she did meet someone else and got married and moved to the states and has a baby now. We are still friends and talk every so often.

Now my second visit to Colombia was to Cartagena last June for a Love Me.com tour. I had picked out several women I wanted to meet and met one the first day I arrived. I was so overtaken by her beauty and personality. She was also at the first social that evening and that was when I realized she was really interested in me. She hardly talked to the other guys (this is what the other guys told me) and at the end of the social she was by herself on the balcony. I went over and talked and we went out dancing with a group of other couples.

I ended up spending most of the rest of that week with her. She worked at a shop near the agency, so I would walk there from the hotel and visit her and take her to lunch and dinner. After I returned to the states, we continued talking for sometime, but I slowly lost interest in her. We still talk again time to time, but I guess the stuff that holds a relationship there after the initial excitement is gone was just not there. I will say that I treated her very well and we did not have sex. I did not want her to think I just wanted her for that and she respected me greatly I believe.

Now, I am seriously considering returning to Colombia to look for a wife. I have gained a lot of experience from the first two relationships and know better what to expect and what I am looking for in a potential wife candidate. I do not think I want to return to Cartagena and am seriously considering Barranquilla. This city seems less touristy than Cartagena. I do not plan to visit Colombia for the beaches!

Anyway, I look forward to reading all your posts and recommendations. I am glad to have found this site and look forward to sharing my past and future experiences as well.

Regards,

Eric

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Hello from New Member
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 05:32:55 PM »
Welcome aboard, Eric. We're happy to have you.

Offline Eric39

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 06:24:11 PM »
Thanks! I look forward to having some good discussions with other guys who have discovered the treasure of latinas.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 06:24:11 PM »

Offline sean126

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 08:13:30 PM »
Welcome to the board Eric, you've come to the right website. 

Offline Eric39

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 06:33:17 PM »
Thanks! I think I have spent more time on here reading all the treads than I have anything else the past few days.

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 07:54:33 PM »
We're a funny group, aren't we.  ;D

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 06:39:08 AM »
Thanks! I look forward to having some good discussions with other guys who have discovered the treasure of latinas.

I wouldn't say the treasure of Latinas, a lot of them are visa sharks and gold diggers. I have discovered the treasure of one particular Latina.

Offline Eric39

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 09:24:45 PM »
True, but are not most women digging or looking for something? Some are just a little more honest and transparent than others.

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 11:28:24 PM »
You can't segregate them into neat little piles. All women (I should say, all people) are looking to better their position in life. Women have developed techniques - some as subtle as makeup and high heels, to do better than they would without them. True scammers, those out for the express purpose of bilking you out of your money or a green card, are extremely rare. Women who'll promise a rich gringo more to get a shot at the good life than they would a local home town poor guy, aren't really behaving any differently than you when you put on the suave, sophisticated man about town to try and attract a stunning girl with a 10 body as compared to the half hearted effort at closing time when the beer goggles start making the chubby girl in the corner look good. In other words, it's all a matter of degree, and it's up to you to set the standards of how much you're willing to live with.

Getting them is infinitely easier overseas than back home. Keeping them, on the other hand, is just as hard, no matter where they come from. Guys cry scammer all the time when the truth is that they didn't do what you'd have to do to keep any woman.

Offline Eric39

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 09:59:34 AM »
That's true. I have a friend who married a filipina after going to the Phillipines 7 times to find the "perfect woman". He was always worried about meeting one that would later leave him. Now that she is here in the USA, he does not let her out of his sight and it seems to me he is very sheltering. I have have not met her personally yet, but I think that she will eventually leave him. Too bad for him, but he has always had a difficult time in keeping a relationship going.

Offline sean126

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 11:28:10 AM »
I've got an acquatance also that is overly sheltering.  I can see the light from the frieght train that's coming down the tracks right at him.  I don't think he sees it though.  There is about a 25+ age gap between them, I think that is part of his worries.

Offline michaelb

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 09:26:36 PM »
That's true. I have a friend who married a filipina after going to the Phillipines 7 times to find the "perfect woman". He was always worried about meeting one that would later leave him. Now that she is here in the USA, he does not let her out of his sight and it seems to me he is very sheltering. I have have not met her personally yet, but I think that she will eventually leave him. Too bad for him, but he has always had a difficult time in keeping a relationship going.

Never could figure out guys who do that, they must be very insecure.  I wouldn't be surprised if in the long run you're right about her going to leave. And unfortunately, if/when she does, he'll probably be the first to yell "Gold digging visa whore green card shark".

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 131