It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Introducing myself and saying hello  (Read 3048 times)

Offline SterlingSoul

• Probie
Introducing myself and saying hello
« on: May 22, 2007, 10:53:07 AM »
Hiya,

My name is Jason and I found this site through a google search.  I've been mostly a reader for about a couple of months and it seems like its picking up as far as members and intelligent discourse. 

The main reason I wanted to come out from behind the scenes is to get familiarize with some of the other members who were successful in the searches for the love of their life.

A little background of me. 

I was born, live and work in Anchorage, Alaska.  I’ve also lived in Seattle WA and in Phoenix, AZ as well.

When I lived in Phoenix, AZ, my fascination for Latin woman grew.  I find them so very sexy, sweet, and their smiles can fire up that burning desire in the pit of my stomach.  I’ve also found them to be very peculiar when it comes to trying to get them out on a date when I lived in Phoenix AZ.  I think there is a more of a culture discrepancy between a Latin women living in the states, than a Latin women living south of the border, but all I know is I got shot down more often than not, when trying to connect with a beautiful Latin girl in the states.  I don’t want to get into the particulars, but let’s just say I left Phoenix AZ with a lot of self doubt.  This is not good for my self esteem or confidence when it comes to dating women. 

So, I done a bit of researching and there are MULTITUDES of dating sites, or connection sites what have you, that lets you get in touch with a beautiful Latin women and also some of those sights have tours as well.  I've also read successful stories and I wish to be in one of those success stories as well.

I’ve been wanting to travel to South America for quite some time.  I don’t care where I go, Brazil, Columbia, Peru or Argentina.  I hear traveling to any of these countries would be fun.  Before I go though, I would like to make contact with a few girls, and maybe see them in my travels. 

One things to remember about me is I am hard of hearing, I should be wearing hearing aids in both ears, but they are quite expensive.  I am horrible in groups.  I miss a lot of conversation and sometimes it puts people off and also tires me out trying to keep up on conversations.  So when I do travel, I usually travel solo and or go with one friend.  In this case, traveling to South America would be something I would do on my own.  I am really good at figuring things out, travel wise, but language wise I would be stuck. (specially Spanish.)

This of course is a long term goal of mine.  I expect to be working hard on saving a reasonable amount of cash to cover my expenses during travel.

Anyway, any type of recommendations would be greatly appreciated and I hope to be providing some feed back as well.

Thanks,

Jason

Offline Ray

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Introducing myself and saying hello
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 12:14:34 PM »

Welcome aboard Jason!

Offline SterlingSoul

• Probie
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 09:22:16 AM »
Thanks Ray.  I've read some really good tips so far on this site.  I will be going to the Philippines in December.  I'm not actually looking for a woman there, but who knows what happens.  I will be going with some co-workers who are from various provinces.  It should be a fun trip!!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 09:22:16 AM »

Offline Ray

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 06:59:57 PM »
Will this be your first trip to the Philippines? How long will you stay?

December is a good time to go. The plane fares are higher in December but it's not "too" hot and after the typhoon season. I like Christmas time over there.

There's nothing like a Christmas picnic on the beach with a cold San Miguel beer and a bunch of sexy Filipina girls to look at. And the Filipinos are among the world's most hospitable folks. It's a great vacation spot...

Are there many Filipinos in Anchorage?

Offline SterlingSoul

• Probie
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 07:18:15 PM »
"Are there many Filipinos in Anchorage"  Um...yea.  There is a big philippino community here.

I will be going to the Phil's with a co-worker.  4 of his brother's work with me. 

This will be my first trip.  I hoping to hang out with his family for about a week in the Davao Region, then I'm going to be on my own for a week.  Like I said before, I like to branch off on my own and check out as much as I can.  My mothers husband is half eskimo and half phillipino and he has family he's never met in the Phillipines, so hopefully I can look them up as well.  Would be cool to bring back some pictures for him.  He's getting pretty old and can't travel much anymore.

Christmas on the beach with a beer in my hand sounds great.  How about a beer in one hand and a fine filipina in the other?  Is that doable? hehe

Offline Ray

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 12:22:43 PM »
That’s somewhat surprising to find out there is a big Filipino community up there, considering the difference in climate from AK to the PI. But Filipinos are known for their adaptability and can be found almost anywhere where there are jobs available.

How about Latinos? Do you find many Latina women willing to consider relocating to a colder climate?

If you’re going to be traveling with some Filipino friends, expect them to try to set you up with their sisters, nieces, and female cousins. Try not to get overwhelmed by all the attention from the ladies :)

If you want to score some bonus points with the ladies over there, learn a little about the Filipino culture and practice your karaoke and disco dancing skills.

Yes, a San Miguel beer in one hand and a Filipina doll in the other is definitely doable, but don’t be surprised if a chaperone or two come along with her.

If you’re going to branch out on your own from Davao, don’t branch to the West where the Muslim areas are. We wouldn’t want you getting your head removed by the Abu Sayef whackos.

Northern Mindanao is pretty safe for traveling alone. Cebu is getting to be a big polluted city but there are lots of things to do there and the surrounding provinces are real nice. Same with the Manila area but more expensive.

If you can find a nice Filipina lady who is willing to tag along as your tour guide then all the better.

Ray

Offline SterlingSoul

• Probie
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 12:16:27 PM »
If you’re going to be traveling with some Filipino friends, expect them to try to set you up with their sisters, nieces, and female cousins. Try not to get overwhelmed by all the attention from the ladies

OH yea, that has happened big time this past year, ever since my coworkers found out I've dated some filipinas when I lived in Seattle WA. I've also noticed that my coworkers and other Philipino guys are very touchy feely (always poking, making sexual innuendos and very curious about my personal life.)  Also noticed the chaperone stuff, but if you get in good with the male part of the family, your practically in with their female relatives. 

I've had to set up firm bounderies regarding my personal life though.  You tell one person something about yourself, they all know in less than a day.  Gets annoying sometimes.  BUT they are very accomdating and loyal.  One reason why I'm going to the Philipinnes in the first place is because my coworkers have made it so easy for me to enjoy their company.

How about Latinos? Do you find many Latina women willing to consider relocating to a colder climate?

No.  I've yet to even ask.  There is a pretty big language barrier thus far in my communications with the ladies I've met so far online.  But they seem intrigued when they see pictures of where I live.  Its not easy to live here in the winter times, but I wouldn't move anywhere else in the world.  I love this place.  I guess I will have to sell the other qualities that makes Alaska great.  I will just have to get to that place first and ask that question. 

Latina, Filipina, regardless of where that one girl may come from, the selfish part of me wishes for a beautiful girlfriend/wife, but the sensible part of me just wishes for a kind a patient, mature women.  I need to keep my options open.

Thanks for the advice Ray, much respect.

Jason

Offline Ray

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 05:23:50 AM »
Well Jason, it sounds as if you have a pretty good handle on Filipinos and how they think.

Yes, getting in good with the male members of the family definitely gives you a big advantage. I wish more guys would take the time to see the culture from the male perspective also.

I guess it would be easy to sell the idea of living in Alaska to Filipinos just by emphasizing the great fishing and the abundance of fresh seafood. But I don’t know enough about Latinas to suggest how to sell them on the idea, so I’ll leave that to the other experts here.

Good luck in finding that special someone…

Ray

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5877
Latest: WilliamAlorp
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 1
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864