It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: What happen to the old timers from the late 90s?  (Read 1139 times)

Offline brian57

• Probie
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
What happen to the old timers from the late 90s?
« on: March 18, 2012, 05:22:57 PM »
Keith Biggs , who started the expat invasion of Cali?  sort ran the town of Cali late 90s , early 2000.  Had his business in Cali, high profile gringo in Cali.

Ed Beckwith "The Father of the Agency Scene" in Cali?

Luz Amparo of Latin Best?

There was a gringo who wrote daily about his living in Medellin , around 2002-2005.  then dropped off the message boards.  I think his name was Paul "Tinto", nice guy.

Offline John W

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: What happen to the old timers from the late 90s?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 11:09:31 PM »
I met Luz Amparo in Cali in 2007.  I later took her and her sister out to dinner here in the So Cal area.  I think her sister lived in Hacienda Heights.  She set me up locally with a  family member of her's that lived here in So Cal.  I think she had a son who also lived in the US, perhaps in the Detroit area?  I did not stay in touch with Luz, but last I heard she had moved to the US.  I think her agency was run for awhile by an American man, but not sure what ever happened to the agency.

Tinto is still around but only posts from time to time on Dallas Steve's *Unapproved Link* site.  I think he lives in a small town outside of Pereira, but I am not sure. 

Offline Ray

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 11:24:58 PM »
There was a gringo who wrote daily about his living in Medellin , around 2002-2005.  then dropped off the message boards.  I think his name was Paul "Tinto", nice guy.

Sounds like the guy who posted as "Pablo".

I believe he got banned from the forum a few years back but can't remember why. He used to post some real hot photos on the gallery pages.

Ray

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 11:24:58 PM »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133131
Total Topics: 7864