It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Wake the Place Up  (Read 1969 times)

Offline Elexpatriado

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Wake the Place Up
« on: April 24, 2021, 07:51:21 AM »
I am stuck in Apartment sick (not COVID-got tested twice) wjth nothing to do so I thought maybe  would try to jolt this place back to life

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Wake the Place Up
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2021, 08:45:32 PM »
I’ve been in a hotel/resort outside of Medellin in Rionegro because my girl’s entirely family has COVID. Her mother was actually pretty bad, but finally left the hospital a couple of days ago. Nice spa here. I got a massage and what’s called water therapy last weekend. Pretty awesome. Place is a bit on the pricey side.

Offline Hector_Lavoe

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 02:07:08 PM »
What's up with the protests in Colombia I am reading about? 

Chaos in the streets or a relative calm with just a few hot spots...?

https://www.bloomberg.com/?sref=fL3KATUl

https://www.americasquarterly.org/article/could-colombias-protests-derail-its-basic-income-experiment/

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 02:07:08 PM »

Offline Calipro

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 11:01:09 AM »

https://www.americasquarterly.org/article/could-colombias-protests-derail-its-basic-income-experiment/

The police shot about 19 protesters in Cali.

I'm going to take my kid to the trampoline park later today.

I'll let you know if there is any trouble.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1844098672296905/permalink/5768912966482103/

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2021, 04:18:02 PM »

Colombians taking a valuable lesson from Venezuela. However, I think I have a better grasps of what’s potentially on the table than most Colombians as when I ask about the protest, I get a lot of misconceptions and sometimes outright falsehoods (according to what I’ve read...but the Colombian press gets it wrong as well). As far as I know Colombia does not publish unratified legislation online and even with my pretty good Spanish, I doubt I’d understand it either way. We’ll see what happens. A lot of stuff still in the air from what I understand.

Cali, how was the trampoline park?

Offline Calipro

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2021, 09:07:13 PM »
Colombians taking a valuable lesson from Venezuela. However, I think I have a better grasps of what’s potentially on the table than most Colombians as when I ask about the protest, I get a lot of misconceptions and sometimes outright falsehoods (according to what I’ve read...but the Colombian press gets it wrong as well). As far as I know Colombia does not publish unratified legislation online and even with my pretty good Spanish, I doubt I’d understand it either way. We’ll see what happens. A lot of stuff still in the air from what I understand.

Cali, how was the trampoline park?

My daughter loves the place....I haven't experienced any problems here in Medellín.

At first the protests were about the government saying they were going to raise taxes.  But Duque has since said that he isn't going to raise taxes.

Colombia has some serious problems...there is speculation that Colombia may default on its debt ...so the interest rates they are paying are close to junk bonds.

All this is from the lock downs and consequently the lack of tax revenue.

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2021, 11:40:45 AM »
Most people dont want communism like Venezuela

They are just sick of the corrupt government with the grossly over staffed ,overpaid and benifited congresistas, senadores  ,consejos..and this is just the tip of the iceberg..as many steal money from government coffers and are involved with the paracos in the drug trade.

Of course there are a group of young brain washed humanity and arts students and working class people who want free education, free health care, universal basic income of a million pesos per citizen and all the rest of that Marxist " Freeby" Malarky

In Manizales here it is not as bad as Cali, though there has been shortage of some food items and the Cajeros are reluctant to give cash out.

I spent an hour day before yesterday trying different cajeros before I could get a million pesos.Usually no issue to get 2 million at one shot at the first cajero I visit.

They say it is because they are keeping little cash in the ATMs in case they get vandalized again.

Also stressful buying things at Exito and Carulla..they can come up and force you out at any minute.because they are scared " protestors" are going to ran sack the place at any minute.

On a positive note..Canadian dollar at extreme record highs...3100 COP per dollar.

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2021, 01:12:10 PM »
I am stuck in Apartment sick (not COVID-got tested twice) wjth nothing to do so I thought maybe  would try to jolt this place back to life

Actually..my maid qho was in.my apartment twice when  i was sick tested positive.

So.maybe my tests were false negatives because I was past the high " viral shedding" phase

I will check.later to see what my anti body count is like.

What ever it.was it was a bitch and my respiratory system is still recovering.

Offline JWR

• Divorced after a 10 year marriage to a Colombiana
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2021, 09:19:31 PM »
Since the beginning of this Covid deal, I have been spending time with my friends who are some very very smart virologists and Doctors.  I've learned alot.  Treatment has come a long long way around the world in the last year except for the US who is still suppressing some treatment info because of big pharma.
If you are still having some lasting symptoms from your covid, you likely still have very common residual inflammation.You should consider a round of corticosteroids right now which should cure what Doctors are calling
"Long Haul Covid"  There has been so much unnecessary suffering because of basic treatment information not getting out.
My virologist friend showed up at my house with a bag of drugs last February to prepare for what he knew was coming.  Yes good treatment information was out a long time ago, but not agreed upon like now.
I work with the public and like many health care workers around the world, I take 12 mg of Ivermectin twice a month.  Vitamin D, Zinc, and quercitin.  The Ivermectin is the covid killer and is now mainstream as a prophylactic as well as a cure once infected.
I recommend doing a bit of research.
SearchAmerica's Frontline Doctors and read through their website.
Brighteon.com and Bitchute.com as well and surprisingly You Tube has finally stopped suppressing these topics in the last month.  Search Ivermectin, and Long Haul Covid.
Youtube:  Ivermectin and vitamin D Dr. Paul Marik Discusses Ivermectin and Vitamin D.Ivermectin is a very common drug that can be bought cheap in pharmacies in Latin America.  Ask for IvermectinaAnybody you know who has Covid right now can be helped quickly and inexpensively.
Consider taking  these as a prophylaxis.  They have no side effects and are very old and safe drugs.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 09:25:48 PM by JWR »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864