It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: my 2nd trip to Cebu  (Read 3886 times)

Offline WOF

• Probie
    • http://theworldoffilipinas.com/forums/index.php
my 2nd trip to Cebu
« on: March 25, 2006, 06:34:32 AM »
About 2 weeks before i left to go to Cebu I fell off A ladder while working on my house. It wasnt a big deal just had a small cut on my shine. Hurt like hell but no big deal. While on the flight over my leg started to hurt A LOT lol. After I got there I saw that it had gotten infected so I cleanded it up and put some meds on it that I had brought from home just in case I needed it for anything.
After a few days the infection had taken over my whole leg. From the toes all the way up to my hip.
I went to the ER at Mactan Doctors Hosp. And was addmitted right away.

They started pumping in IV antibiotics after 2 days I was released from the hosp and given pills to take for 10 days but after 2 days it started to get bad again so I was put back in the hosp.
Now heres where it gets really bad. Oh yeah it gets worse lol

The doctor comes in and tells me that he has to do surgery on my leg. Ok I'll admitt I'm not the brightest bulb in the box but it dont seem right to cut on an infected leg. After talking to this guy that claims to be a Doctor. He tells me that he needs to make a 3 in cut down by my foot then make another 3 in cut up by the knee. Then go in the first cut and cut under the skin all the way up to the knee and leave it open for a week. then after a week he would close it up.
I dont know how many of you have ever been in a hosp over there but let me tell you it's like going back in time about 50 years.
Oh by the way it just so happened that they only had one open room in the whole place. Yes you guessed it . It was a prvt room and cost the most . It was really odd that the same room was the only one open both times i was addmitted lol Room 201 for anyone who knows anything about that hosp.
The rooms was really dirty not once did anyone ever come in to change the dressing on my leg. There was no way in hell I was going to let this clown cut on me.
I told the doctor that I refused to let him cut on me. It really ****ed him off but I didnt care. After 3 more days of the IV meds the infection was just about gone. Even tho the doc said there was no way it would get better without surgery.
So I left the hosp again. this time I spent most of the next week in bed at my Mother-in-laws house.

About 2 days into my 3rd week there I was able to get up and go do a few fun things .
One thing I want to say is that the whole time I was in the hosp my wife never left my side. She even slept in the hosp bed with me. She took better care of me then all the doctors and nurses put together.

As far as A vacation goes it was the worst trip I've ever had. But I would rather spend 3 weeks in hell with my wife then a life time in paradise without her.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 145