It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: what will happen  (Read 1915 times)

Offline piglett

• your porkness
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 1 - 3
what will happen
« on: November 09, 2020, 04:21:12 PM »
Lets start this party off right boys & girls:)
what do you think will happen with the election results between today & Jan. 20th 2021?
I have my own thoughts on said subject but i would like others input.
can we play nice (probably not)
will someone be called hitler before it's over (maybe)
will this thread need to be taken down...........time will tell

Piglett
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Offline Calipro

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: what will happen
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 01:51:33 PM »
what do you think will happen with the election results between today & Jan. 20th 2021?

Piglett

Not much will be done .....Trump will go to court... haven't seen any claims of fraud that would change enough votes to change the outcome of the election.

It would look bad if at some point Trump didn't concede the election or show up for the swearing in of Biden....but it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't.

Offline piglett

• your porkness
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 04:44:54 PM »
Not much will be done .....Trump will go to court... haven't seen any claims of fraud that would change enough votes to change the outcome of the election.

It would look bad if at some point Trump didn't concede the election or show up for the swearing in of Biden....but it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't.
My question is this.....why can't we have a clean election in this country?We have had elections for more than 200 years so we should have gotten all of the bugs worked out by now.I am starting to have less & less faith in our system.If we find out that in fact the system is rigged on a large scale then it must either be fixed or we must throw it out & institute something better.

Piglett
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 04:44:54 PM »

Offline Calipro

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 05:32:30 PM »
My question is this.....why can't we have a clean election in this country?We have had elections for more than 200 years so we should have gotten all of the bugs worked out by now.I am starting to have less & less faith in our system.If we find out that in fact the system is rigged on a large scale then it must either be fixed or we must throw it out & institute something better.

Piglett

Well that is why Trump filed numerous lawsuits in various states contesting the election process.

Either Trump will produce evidence of fraud or he won't.

But even if Trump can prove that illegal votes were counted .....it just doesn't look like there will be enough questionable votes to make a difference.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2020, 08:26:25 PM »
I don't think we're going to see a great deal of extreme civil unrest the next 6 months-- not much in the way of riots, acts of terrorism, etc. When we do see illegal terrorist activity, I think that whether it comes from the left or right, Biden will call out the National Guard, state and local Police, according to protocol.

Both here in the USA and internationally, the US govt has done a pretty credible job of knowing about planned terrorism beforehand. Whether it's your computer or the net of surveillance cameras across our land and in our skies--'they're watching.' Nothing's foolproof--there will be trouble--even deaths from politically based extremism, but nothing remotely like a civil war. Not like the Middle East.

I'm more concerned about economic implications from the pandemic from a fairly long term perspective. We've seen how from the gas stations and restaurants, to massive office buildings full of white collar types, to retail establishments, certainly in ecommerce as well as factories, to schools at all levels, where typically a skeleton crew has been able to keep things running in place. And with many millions of these workers labeled "essential service workers"--millions of them working 'virtually' from home, the number of people needed (not lost on the 'board of director$) to keep profits rolling in, has been smaller.

They won't need so many buildings and the bills--insurance, utilities and taxes, that come with them. Even before we've made the move from live, from people driving in and working 9 to 5's in buildings, to working much more virtually from home, the 'big guys' the biggest companies, have been making huge profits.

Agriculture--the massive farming conglomerates, have gleefully watched the small farmers dying, unable to transport the crops that rot in the family farm fields, because the transportation network favors the largest farms--the massive operations that supply the big grocery chains, the walmarts and amazons that are making rapacious profits from this misery.

Kids will rely more on the millions of chromebooks that the school systems have been delivering instruction on for 8 months now. Maybe Teachers (like other work areas) will work 'hybrid schedules' coming in 2 or 3 days a week, until virtual learning becomes so effective that only a few students require instruction in brick and mortar buildings and the 'classroom' as we know it is the exception-- not the rule.

I think we're going to be seeing some real, somewhat unexpected effects from the pandemic, effects that will at best change or at worst, severely disrupt the economy as we once knew it. If that means high unemployment or severe inflation or deflation, if even a smaller group of people control an even greater amount of the world's wealth than they already do, that could contribute to severe civil unrest.

And in today's global economy what happens in other nations effects us and vice versa. A vaccine and herd immunity achieved will be great, but it will also represent the beginning of a 'new normal.'

And that new 'normal' is the next of a long string of question marks.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2020, 12:38:01 PM »
If Trump thinks he's still president and as such, that he will still be sitting in the White House after January, he's the only person who thinks so. I heard even his wife and child know better already and have told him. For a guy who basically has never been told "no" since he was 5 years old, that had to be hard.

I feel sorry for any guy who's in his mid 70s and facing the rest of his life dealing with lawyers and court cases.

But 14 years as a reality TV star, plus 4 years as president of the USA have certainly showed the planet what you can do, using the internet and media, to gain the spotlight. I don't think we've heard or seen the last of "the Donald" yet.

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2020, 10:04:21 AM »
If Trump thinks he's still president and as such, that he will still be sitting in the White House after January, he's the only person who thinks so. I heard even his wife and child know better already and have told him. For a guy who basically has never been told "no" since he was 5 years old, that had to be hard.

I feel sorry for any guy who's in his mid 70s and facing the rest of his life dealing with lawyers and court cases.

But 14 years as a reality TV star, plus 4 years as president of the USA have certainly showed the planet what you can do, using the internet and media, to gain the spotlight. I don't think we've heard or seen the last of "the Donald" yet.
Well put. He has narcissistic personality disorder so he will find ways to keep his name relevant. Unfortunately he will spare no one in his path while doing so. Fortunately he can't live forever though so at some point we'll be free from his wrath....

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2020, 07:55:42 PM »
Well put. He has narcissistic personality disorder so he will find ways to keep his name relevant. Unfortunately he will spare no one in his path while doing so. Fortunately he can't live forever though so at some point we'll be free from his wrath....

Now that he's made FOX network and it's owner Robert Murdoch, his latest enemy, he's making noise about creating his own 'news' network. It's actually very logical--a continuation of his practice of risking other people's money while making money off of theirs, while keeping his own financial records out of the spotlight.

Offline Calipro

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2020, 08:57:16 AM »

Now that he's made FOX network and it's owner Robert Murdoch, his latest enemy, he's making noise about creating his own 'news' network. It's actually very logical--a continuation of his practice of risking other people's money while making money off of theirs, while keeping his own financial records out of the spotlight.

I always thought that from the moment Trump became President.....his main goal was to see how many people he could get to say his name and be the topic of conversation....it still amazes me how incredibly successful he has been.... considering I don't find him as offense as some nor as news worthy.

But in today's outrage culture.....Trump seems to be the perfect storm.

I had a friend that was always complaining about Trump being a bully and how Biden was a good person.

I never said anything until one day ....my friend actually stated a couple of logical reasons he voted for Biden.

And I replied good to hear because I was afraid he voted against Trump because he had been bullied in school.

Well I got unfriended for that .

It just amazes me how unhinged some people have become over Trump.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2020, 12:58:02 PM »

Piglett

This sh!t is getting weirder by the minute, what with talk of chavez, dominion and soros fixing the election in all 50 states.

""You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time""

Lots of conspiracy theories left and right. I used to say: "You can't make stuff like this up" but I don't even say that anymore.

This is more and more like 'unreality TV'--I'm not going to get all caught up, not following any which side of this. I'm not going down the countless rabbit holes they're putting out there. I got better stuff to do.

One thing for sure,  the news, the internet and media in general, has lost 'objectivity' to the point where they barely deserve our attentions.

That said, I still can't imagine who'd arrest trump if he decided in January that he liked his current residence that much?

I mean, as commander in chief,   sending in the military would set an awful example, looking like a coup. If his bitter enemy  the FBI, shows him the door, that'd be some wicked egg on his face.

Whatever, however, each story 'reporting' it will have its own 'spin' on it.

What do foreigners--'nationals'--where you guys live abroad, think about what's going on with the USA? Last year, I sort of felt people were either purposefully silent, maybe somewhere between rolling their eyes and shaking their heads--or of the general feeling that the USA had lost it's 'mojo'--it's leadership edge on the global stage.

What are you guys seeing & hearing?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 11:30:29 PM by robert angel »

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2020, 10:41:08 AM »
This sh!t is getting weirder by the minute, what with talk of chavez, dominion and soros fixing the election in all 50 states.

""You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time""

Lots of conspiracy theories left and right. I used to say: "You can't make stuff like this up" but I don't even say that anymore.

This is more and more like 'unreality TV'--I'm not going to get all caught up, not following any which side of this. I'm not going down the countless rabbit holes they're putting out there. I got better stuff to do.

One thing for sure,  the news, the internet and media in general, has lost 'objectivity' to the point where they barely deserve our attentions.

That said, I still can't imagine who'd arrest trump if he decided in January that he liked his current residence that much?

I mean, as commander in chief,   sending in the military would set an awful example, looking like a coup. If his bitter enemy  the FBI, shows him the door, that'd be some wicked egg on his face.

Whatever, however, each story 'reporting' it will have its own 'spin' on it.

What do foreigners--'nationals'--where you guys live abroad, think about what's going on with the USA? Last year, I sort of felt people were either purposefully silent, maybe somewhere between rolling their eyes and shaking their heads--or of the general feeling that the USA had lost it's 'mojo'--it's leadership edge on the global stage.

What are you guys seeing & hearing?

I was speaking with a guy from Venezuela here in Bogota yesterday. I guess I hadn’t thought about this until I spoke with him. Being an American all my life has afforded me the privilege of taking a fair democracy for granted. He told me something I’ll never forget though: “The United States is truly a great country. In Latin America dictators have used tactics like that for decades to remain in power against the wishes of the people and the better interest of the countries. As far as I can tell it looks like what he’s trying to do isn’t something Americans are going to tolerate.”
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 10:42:41 AM by benjio »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2020, 02:12:42 PM »
I was speaking with a guy from Venezuela here in Bogota yesterday. I guess I hadn’t thought about this until I spoke with him. Being an American all my life has afforded me the privilege of taking a fair democracy for granted. He told me something I’ll never forget though: “The United States is truly a great country. In Latin America dictators have used tactics like that for decades to remain in power against the wishes of the people and the better interest of the countries. As far as I can tell it looks like what he’s trying to do isn’t something Americans are going to tolerate.”

Elex, Cali--what's the general 'word on the street'  thereabouts on the overall state of affairs of the USA?

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 293