It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Zimmerman and the violent protests.  (Read 16046 times)

Offline Calipro

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Zimmerman and the violent protests.
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2013, 07:42:30 PM »
No argument. The funny thing is that a lot of those folks have no idea Zimmerman is latino. Barkley is accurate in that there are racist folks on all sides of this and of all colors pushing their agendas. There are white people from that crowd that if they knew Zimmerman was latino would have no interest in this case. I contend that if Zimmerman was indeed named Hernandez that this case would not have gotten national attention.
If the media identifies him as latino they generate less revenues through advertising. the black/white racism story is much better copy.

So true....Would have loved to see what the reaction was if Zimmerman was an illegal alien and the kid was white and he got acquitted.

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2013, 09:35:00 PM »

His comments  had nothing to do with a Hispanic guy shooting a black teen but rather an attempt to put the black community's reaction to the verdict in perspective.

He wants you to try and understand why they feel that if the kid had been white it probably wouldn't have ended in such a tragedy.

I also felt that the obozo speech was trying to be helpful.  It struck a cord of decency with me.  When I was a younger I was not a clean cut person, and I was profiled and passed over relentlessly..I always knew why, and I sometimes grumbled about it 'not being fair'.  I can recall being stopped while walking for no reason other than looking suspicious.  I explained to the security that I lived here and what I was doing and they want on their merry way.   It was a two way street, they were doing their job, and I respectfully answered their questions.  I understand why young blacks are sometimes profiled, and I feel they should understand it too. They should put themselves in the other person's shoes...and likewise the profiler should be as unobtrusive and respectful as possible while still getting the job done. IMO

Regarding black white relations...I definitely see a problem that should get resolved there.  I realize that their is often a bias and until the two cultures mix more often, and have the same experiences this will continue.  My feeling is that we are in the middle of a 100 year problem.  I believe this problem with identifying with each other's cultures (and assuming the worst in people) should improve with the newer generations, as more and more interracial marriages/relationships keep happening.  These recent happenings may wind up being a setback, depending on the manner in which the protests happen.  I think angry aggressive voices like Sharpton do more harm than good.  Same with some of the extreme right wing voices I hear on talk radio.
There does not have to be a big fight about anything...there is enough resources to go around...at least for now! 

Fathertime! 
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Ray

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2013, 10:22:04 PM »
Sorry Ray, wrong again. All CNN is worried about is ratings (which have been in the toilet). The media is in the business of selling commercials. This isn't personal to them... it is $$

Sorry bcc, wrong again.

They're just a bunch of commies with a political agenda. CNN =

Communist
News
Network

Note: Fox News doesn't have to lie to get top ratings.

jajajaja!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2013, 10:22:04 PM »

Offline Ray

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2013, 10:37:29 PM »

I contend that if Zimmerman was indeed named Hernandez that this case would not have gotten national attention.

Perhaps, but if Trayvon knew that, would he still have referred to him as a "Crazy Ass Cracka"?

:D

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2013, 10:45:32 PM »

Sorry bcc, wrong again.

They're just a bunch of commies with a political agenda. CNN =

Communist
News
Network

Note: Fox News doesn't have to lie to get top ratings.

jajajaja!
Fox News lies all the time. Bill O'Reilly was dead wrong about an army unit and a battle in world war two and blamed US soldiers for things. It was all wrong... he got the battle wrong... and rather than admit they were wrong... the website was scrubbed.
Word play is stupid. Fox, NBC, CNN, and everybody else are out to make a profit first. If you can't see that you are blind. Murdoch would turn the network liberal if he thought he could make more money doing that. If you don't believe that then you are a sucker.
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2013, 10:55:56 PM »
I also felt that the obozo speech was trying to be helpful. 
This isn't healthy. I honestly believe the president was trying to get the public to respect the verdict and my only problem with his speech is that he didn't mention the obvious... Zimmerman was not white but latino. When we call the president names it degrades the office. When we degrade him when we agree with his speech that showcases just what terrible shape we are in. I can imagine the president is frustrated with racial profiling. He was the first president in history that had to prove his citizenship (when his first opponent was actually born in Panama (McCain).. how many birthers knew that??). In some ways how people treat him is messed up. He actually agrees with bringing the top tax bracket down to 28 percent and removing all tax loopholes. I don't get the tax loopholes and the lower taxes would  be something that would sure be a benefit to me. So while I disagree with him on many things... I think he is a decent human being and I refuse to degrade him and the office. He certainly is far more conservative and more of an isolationist than George W Bush. 

Offline fathertime

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2013, 12:16:09 AM »
  my only problem with his speech is that he didn't mention the obvious... Zimmerman was not white but latino.  .
  You didn’t comprehend the purpose of Obozo's speech very well, if you think that Zimmerman being partially latin is important in the context of the speech. Maybe you should go back and listen to it again for a better understanding.

This isn't healthy.

When we call the president names it degrades the office. When we degrade him when we agree with his speech that showcases just what terrible shape we are in. 
[/size]My nickname for Obama is obozo, period.  it  isn’t very important what you think of it, or what you THINK it represents, or if it is 'healthy'.    [size=78%]

[/size] Are you now Mr serious nickname police? [size=78%]

[/size]Fathertime! (Fecaltime!) (Fathertickingtimebomb!) (Fatherslime!)[size=78%]
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Ray

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2013, 02:10:00 PM »
Fox News lies all the time. Bill O'Reilly was dead wrong about an army unit and a battle in world war two and blamed US soldiers for things. It was all wrong... he got the battle wrong... and rather than admit they were wrong... the website was scrubbed.
Word play is stupid. Fox, NBC, CNN, and everybody else are out to make a profit first. If you can't see that you are blind. Murdoch would turn the network liberal if he thought he could make more money doing that. If you don't believe that then you are a sucker.

Obviously, you are the blind sucker, believing whatever you hear on MSNBC & CNN.

The reason that Obama and the Democrats hate (YES HATE) Fox news, is because they are scared to death that the people will find out the truth about their dishonest, corrupt, dealings.

The Fox News Channel is about the only place to go for the real truth anymore. While Fox is unafraid to expose Obama for his lying coverups, the other media outlets gladly cover for the president on a daily basis by ignoring his screw ups and slobbering all over him and his liberal crap.

There is reason why Fox News is consistently on top of the ratings, while MSNBC sinks farther and farther into the toilet. People are sick of the lies and leftist swill they are fed daily on the leftist cable networks.

And your point about the president and the other leftists not mentioning that Zimmerman is a Latino has a simple explanation. They obviously don't get their news from Fox, but are being fed more dishonest crap on CNN where they repeatedly proclaim that he is White. If they watched Fox News, they would have known from the beginning that Zimmerman was a Spanish-speaking Latino.

My advice to you is to turn off that leftist swill, open your closed mind, and switch to Fox where you can be enlightened with the truth...    jajajajaja!

Ray

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2013, 01:01:42 AM »

I have debated this subject on other forums and have looked at several aspects of this case. It is clear what happened that night: Martin attacked Zimmerman and got capped for being stupid. All the media attention was drummed up by people that wanted to profit from another racial hoax.
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2013, 09:46:05 AM »

I have debated this subject on other forums and have looked at several aspects of this case. It is clear what happened that night: Martin attacked Zimmerman and got capped for being stupid. All the media attention was drummed up by people that wanted to profit from another racial hoax.
I suppose Martin came back from the dead and attacked Zimmerman's father in law and his soon to be ex-wife? Zimmerman is a Peruvian piece of trash who is obsessed with guns and pointing them at people because he has a tiny Johnson or something. You are right... Martin got pissed that he was being profiled by Zimmerman and started kicking his ass. Zimmerman then pulled his gun and shot him. You are also correct about the profit motive. Cable News on both sides is looking to sell tv commercials.

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2013, 09:57:58 AM »

The reason that Obama and the Democrats hate (YES HATE) Fox news, is because they are scared to death that the people will find out the truth about their dishonest, corrupt, dealings.

LOL right... FOX News is the one station all about the truth... and not about selling TV commercials. They really got it right on election night... eye-roll
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5Pa9YvAqLs  The election coverage was so fictional it was hilarious.
Fox News has a large viewing audience. Moderates, Liberals, Independents, Libertarians, and others all watch various other programs... which is why MSNBC, CNN, and others split the audience. The FOX News base does make for great ratings but it is a minority part of the country... and it's why I'm skeptical that Obama would hate the channel. Watching election night coverage didn't seem to enrage the libs but entertain them... I mean short of seeing someone's head explode. 
The reality is that women won't vote Republican and minorities won't vote Republican. Unless the Republicans go through a major brand change they won't be relevant in national elections anytime soon. Fox News and Rush Limbaugh can do great with ratings and advertising... but that doesn't mean their views are always right or that they speak for the majority of the country. The reality is that they are a minority view and they get that minority to watch religiously.

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2013, 06:20:27 PM »
I suppose Martin came back from the dead and attacked Zimmerman's father in law and his soon to be ex-wife? Zimmerman is a Peruvian piece of trash who is obsessed with guns and pointing them at people because he has a tiny Johnson or something. You are right... Martin got pissed that he was being profiled by Zimmerman and started kicking his ass. Zimmerman then pulled his gun and shot him. You are also correct about the profit motive. Cable News on both sides is looking to sell tv commercials.

Whether Zimmerman was a piece of trash or not the fact is he was being held down after being attacked by a thug wannabe. Martin was a scumbag whose actions led to his own death, thus the correct jury verdict. The money motive is beyond TV ratings. The racebaiters played a huge part in feeding the media a false narrative. The scumbag lawyer for the Martin's was behind most of it and he wanted money. All the players behind the scene on this case areresponsible for the racial hoax. They are all connected and that includes Obama.
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Ray

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2013, 07:54:21 PM »
The reality is that they are a minority view and they get that minority to watch religiously.

Minority? Check the ratings again Bozo.

Only stupid leftist idealogs watch that leftist swill on MSNBC and their ratings are sinking FAST... LMAO!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2013, 07:54:21 PM »

Offline Ray

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2013, 08:02:03 PM »
Zimmerman is a Peruvian piece of trash who is obsessed with guns and pointing them at people because he has a tiny Johnson or something.

Well, well, well...

Is that our little leftist mouthpiece mocking someone's heritage/ethnicity?  Do you hate Peruvians for some reason?

We're going to report you to Al Sharpton so he can revoke your membership in the race-baiters society of MSNBC.

LOL!

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2013, 09:30:46 PM »

The folks at PMSNBC were a big part of perpetuating the false narrative that was created and fed to them. Of course they don't seem to try and investigate their news stories as long as they fit what they want to spew.

Offline beulah

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2013, 09:58:26 PM »
Zimmerman is a Peruvian piece of trash .
How about we start lableing you as a bigot and an American piece of trash?

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2013, 10:01:16 PM »

Well, well, well...

Is that our little leftist mouthpiece mocking someone's heritage/ethnicity?  Do you hate Peruvians for some reason?

We're going to report you to Al Sharpton so he can revoke your membership in the race-baiters society of MSNBC.

LOL!
if his mother was white instead of Peruvian he'd be a white piece of trash. His race matters because of the false racial white/black divide that was created over this.

Offline beulah

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2013, 10:14:46 PM »
if his mother was white instead of Peruvian he'd be a white piece of trash. His race matters because of the false racial white/black divide that was created over this.
You bought into the white/black narrative and move it forward by racial lableing.  By your logic doesn't that make you a fool, a bigot, and a white piece of trash?

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2013, 10:25:36 PM »

Race had nothing to do with this case until it was injected to stir the pot and get people all up in arms. Race still has nothing to do with this case. The comparison of Trayvon Martin to Emmitt Till is sickening. There is zero comparison and racial hoaxes like these only hurt the legitimate cause for racial equality.

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2013, 11:16:49 PM »
Race had nothing to do with this case until it was injected to stir the pot and get people all up in arms. Race still has nothing to do with this case. The comparison of Trayvon Martin to Emmitt Till is sickening. There is zero comparison and racial hoaxes like these only hurt the legitimate cause for racial equality.
if Zimmerman was a couple shades darker it wouldn't have gotten the national attention... certainly no interview with fox news... well unless he wants to criticize Obama... they'll take pretty much any dark person they can find for that lol.  But seriously Fox wanted the white/black thing as much as Al Sharpton wanted it... ratings for Fox and to try and stay relevant for Al... forget the negative impact it has on our culture.

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2013, 11:31:41 PM »
if Zimmerman was a couple shades darker it wouldn't have gotten the national attention... certainly no interview with fox news... well unless he wants to criticize Obama... they'll take pretty much any dark person they can find for that lol.  But seriously Fox wanted the white/black thing as much as Al Sharpton wanted it... ratings for Fox and to try and stay relevant for Al... forget the negative impact it has on our culture.

On the surface that is how it appears. In reality if Benjamin Crump had not gotten involved this case never would have had the attention it did. He was the "family attorney" in the Martin Lee Anderson case that had the same results as this case: No conviction but a large civil settlement. In fact the Martin Lee Anderson civil settlement was the largest ever paid out by the State of Florida. If you take a closer look the Anderson case involved the same players as this case, including Pam Bondi and then, Senator Barrack Obama.

Crump had a publicist pushing the Trayvon Martin story to the media. He also got the attention of Eric Holder, the Congressional Black Caucus and race baiters like Sharpton. When the story went nowhere the false narrative and the photo of a much younger Trayvon hit the media courtesy of Crump's publicist. It was all phony in order to catch national attention. Of course the racial aspect was created to push it even further.

Fox news stayed away from the story when compared to the idiots at MSNBC. When you look deeper into it this case was about a greedy civil attorney more than anything.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2013, 12:17:09 AM »

You seem to have a lotta hate regarding fox news...every 3rd post is about them...you constantly try to express your version of somebody else's viewpoint, it is a little ridiculous considering you rarely have a coherent view of your own.
is EVERYTHING about race for you?  it sure seems to be. 

Fathertime! 
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2013, 12:47:34 AM »

And since this thread mentions the protests I wonder how many people know that the Justice Department, or a part of it, was responsible for organizing several of the anti-Zimmerman protests. Gotta love how this administration targets citizens like that.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2013, 12:47:34 AM »

Offline Calipro

« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2013, 09:45:59 AM »

And since this thread mentions the protests I wonder how many people know that the Justice Department, or a part of it, was responsible for organizing several of the anti-Zimmerman protests. Gotta love how this administration targets citizens like that.

Never heard of it....got a link?

The as the spin continues....I kind of like this one:

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/08/29/shellie-zimmerman-reveals-left-george-night-shooting.html
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 09:50:07 AM by Calipro »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2013, 10:00:21 AM »
It really rots that the media made almost nothing--it was basically unheard, that Zimmerman is a 'minority' as well, being a Hispanic.

Same kind of rot that went along with posting a baby faced picture of Trevon Martin--a picture taken many years before--basically making Zimmerman out to be a child killer.

Where I live, there is increasing unrest among Hispanics/Latinos that they're being 'lumped in' with whites and one way or another, being denied jobs, including even  civil service opportunities.

That hits home here, because for my Grandparents, the first real break they got was through civil service jobs. First they voted, they joined the military, kept their nose clean and after a while (w/o pissing and moaning) they got ahead, despite very blatant prejudice still existing.

I know a Hispanic cop who says that working under our current city manager makes Hispanics "The new white meat"--to be denied or chewed up and spit out.

Sometimes if another ethnic group comes in, such as Hispanics or Asians, and gets ahead, all of a sudden those who haven't claim it's an unfair situation. In a lot of  slums, there's a lot of resentment against foreigners who open up shops, unless it's for cheap Chinese food.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 129