It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Hi!  (Read 2275 times)

Offline aakerfelt

Hi!
« on: December 22, 2008, 10:09:52 AM »
Hi to all!

I registered her becuase Im chatting with a girl from Manilla! Im totally new to this, but not to international dating. I had a GF from Russia this summer, but for varius reasons it did not work out.

My bigest concern right now is the age different, she is 20and Im 38

I have also told her, that this may be a problem, I have been very straight wi said Im new with asian women

Any comments on dating Asian girls will be welcome

Offline Marshall K

Re: Hi!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 10:23:02 AM »
Welcome.
There is a 19 year age difference between me and my wife, although she is 36.  She says she likes my age since I am more mature and experienced.  20 seems a little young to me, although if I was 38 again I might feel differently  ;D.  Have fun!  There are a lot of husbands here with Philippine  wives that can give you way better advice than me.

Offline aakerfelt

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 10:28:56 AM »
Hi Marshall,

Thanks for welcomming me! :)

Yes I know, she is a little too young for me. Just happened to "stumble" over her on LL and we have been chatting there and I also have talked to her on Skype. I have a history of working in Asia, dive instructor in Thailand. I have seen the bad side of men just trying to buy a wife! I also stressed that from the start and asked her a lot of time, if she has a problem with my age.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 10:28:56 AM »

Offline aakerfelt

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 10:31:47 AM »
I just get a good feeling when I talk to her!  ;D

Offline Dave H

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 12:04:24 PM »

My bigest concern right now is the age different, she is 20and Im 38

I have also told her, that this may be a problem, I have been very straight wi said Im new with asian women

Any comments on dating Asian girls will be welcome

Hi aakerfelt,

Welcome to P-L.

I am around 17 years older than my Filipina wife. We met when she  26 and I was 43.  Age has never been a problem for us, but I was a bit concerned at first. She preferred an older, more mature man. I was thinking mid 30's. It really depends on the lady and how mature she is. My wife had already been working away from home for several years helping her family and was very mature and responsible.

Dave
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 12:07:38 PM by Dave H »
The developmentally disabled madman!

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 01:04:27 PM »
Welcome to our little home on the net, aakerfelt. Quite a number of guys here have married quite young Filipinas and have had their marriages last, so I'd be more concerned about her maturity, intentions, and heart than the actual numbers. Looking forward to your participation.

- Jeff

Offline aakerfelt

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 01:20:44 PM »
Thanks for your welcomming!

I will try to contribure here, when I have some more experince., Right now I don't have so much to say, i have mainly done local dating since my divorce. And some Russian dating.As I said I have been working within the recrational diving industry in Thailand before, Then I was married and did not think so much about the local girls. And I was not really looking for an Asian girl. When i started chatting with this girl I were kind of cynical and in a bad mood, she changed all of that. Right now we are in the stage of shutting our profiles down and planning a meeting in April.

Offline Ray

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 09:15:44 PM »
Right now we are in the stage of shutting our profiles down and planning a meeting in April.

That sounds like a good plan.

The age difference is a potential problem but that by itself shouldn't be a deal breaker.

Use the next few months to learn as much as you can about each other before your visit to see if you think you might be compatible.

Ray

Offline aakerfelt

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008, 08:51:35 AM »
I just have this good feeling, Have been talking to her on Skype every night now. But I don't know what to make of this laughing allways :S I don't really get that close connection. Mabe partly because she is not fluent in English! But she claims she is virgant, believing in god and waiting for the right man

Offline Bear

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2008, 08:28:55 AM »
Sorry I've missed welcoming you aakerfelt, so Welcome!

My wife and I are 26 years apart.  Scared me tremendously at first - just didn't know how that would work.  She of course insisted that she was capable and old enough to make adult decisions so I gave in.  The thing I learned later is that Filipinas have almost no experience with one-on-one relationships that Kanos (us) do.  I attended numerous parties when I went to the R.P. and with the exception of a girl who later got pregnant out of marriage there were no boys at anyone them except me and me because Honey and I were engaged.  Honey, I think typically of Filipinas, wanted to be a good wife and mother and intends to do what ever that takes but had no idea how to recognize my moods and attitudes or when I was making hints or overtures to hers.  Turned out to be work, but it has worked out well.  I suggest you keep her around peers that you approve of and tell her why (but if shes the right kind of girl she'll tell you).  Don't be a wimp, meaning letting her get away with childish immaturity or letting her deal with your responsibilities; both are pending doom.  Most of my observations and experiences show that more than anything else they want security that marriage provides (something that means little to AWs) and you not being a "man" who deals with your responsibilities and guides your family will hurt your relationship - they deal with this in unexpected cruel ways and can be very vindictive about it.  Most of the time just want to be informed but not really provide an opinion.

Body language says that a lot of nervous laughing means insecurity and being unsure but wanting to fit in.  Build some confidence in her about you - it appears to be what she looking for.  Shes trying to indicate she can make you happy but afraid of something - probably losing this opportunity

The Bear Family

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2008, 12:13:49 AM »
aakerfelt,

A 20 year old girl from various asian countries today might be quite a bit different from those 5 or 10 years ago. I'd suspect she's either still going to school or new to a career. She might already be a little westernized with her myspace page and other things. However I agree that what is important is that you enjoy talking to her.

I'm 25 and trying my best to avoid teenagers myself (and 20 is pretty borderline depending on the girl). Of course I'm not going to asia (latin america) but my personal advice would be to cast a little larger net. You could show up in Manilla and figure out pretty fast that she is a great girl just not the right one for you. Then what do you do for the rest of your expensive trip? My time and money is valuable to me so I definiately plannned and currently plan to meet multiple women on a trip. Something you might consider.
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 187