It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Anyone ever tried Mexican Cupid?  (Read 12041 times)

Offline Juan Valdez

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Anyone ever tried Mexican Cupid?
« on: February 04, 2016, 08:45:22 AM »
Anyone ever tried Mexican Cupid?

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Anyone ever tried Mexican Cupid?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 05:45:19 PM »
Plenty of fish tends to be a better resource for Mexico. There are a lot of women on there so expect a mix. You basically just need to check it once a day and spend 15 minutes scrolling down for the hotties. There are plenty of dawgs mixed in.

Some still use newspaper ads. Juarez always has ads from gringos looking for example. With where we are with the internet I'm not sure if the paper is worth it anymore.
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 06:16:25 PM »
Plenty of fish tends to be a better resource for Mexico. There are a lot of women on there so expect a mix. You basically just need to check it once a day and spend 15 minutes scrolling down for the hotties. There are plenty of dawgs mixed in.

Some still use newspaper ads. Juarez always has ads from gringos looking for example. With where we are with the internet I'm not sure if the paper is worth it anymore.

Careful there, Bcc_1_2--My son's a University of Georgia Bull 'Dawg'--got five A's is first freshman semester, in fact...."Median" GPA just to get in was between 3.9 and 4.1 too.

All that work and money to get in and stay in and now the son of a gun is dating an Iranian hottie, who attends Emory --an hour and a half away from UGA..... ::)
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 06:16:25 PM »

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 09:23:48 PM »
Back in the day when I lived an hour from the Mexican border, I would have thought there were tons of women in the border towns like Acuna and Piedras Negras looking for a gringo but that was not my experience. When I did have a Mexican girlfriend she was from way down in Leon in Guanajuato. The strange thing about her was her grandfather had been an American who had moved to Mexico and she spoke excellent English. For the most part though, Mexicanas did not seem especially interested in gringos.

Offline Juan Valdez

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 10:17:56 PM »
Back in the day when I lived an hour from the Mexican border, I would have thought there were tons of women in the border towns like Acuna and Piedras Negras looking for a gringo but that was not my experience. When I did have a Mexican girlfriend she was from way down in Leon in Guanajuato. The strange thing about her was her grandfather had been an American who had moved to Mexico and she spoke excellent English. For the most part though, Mexicanas did not seem especially interested in gringos.

Interesting, UC.

Offline Gavan

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 04:13:17 AM »
I signed up for Mexican Cupid once just to look around. If I remember correctly there didn't seem to be that many women on that site. It is not like Latin American Cupid, Colombian Cupid or even Dominican Cupid. It does seem to be true that Mexicanas aren't quite as "gringo motivated" as latinas from some other countries.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 04:44:51 AM by Gavan »

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 08:25:24 AM »
I signed up for Mexican Cupid once just to look around. If I remember correctly there didn't seem to be that many women on that site. It is not like Latin American Cupid, Colombian Cupid or even Dominican Cupid. It does seem to be true that Mexicanas aren't quite as "gringo motivated" as latinas from some other countries.

Its all related to per capita income. more
Desperate a girl is, more intereseted she is in a gringo..either for a visa or as a sugardaddy.Thats also why you dont see many gals from Argentina and Chile in these sites

Offline Gavan

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 08:30:54 AM »
Its all related to per capita income. more
Desperate a girl is, more intereseted she is in a gringo..either for a visa or as a sugardaddy.Thats also why you dont see many gals from Argentina and Chile in these sites

Yes, that's probably true.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 08:50:46 AM by Gavan »

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 05:15:21 PM »
Mexicanas did not seem especially interested in gringos.

I've found the exact opposite to be true. Is a woman with prospects career/social/etc going to be more picky than some hot low starta chica in Colombia, sure.

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 05:35:13 PM »
If they aint looking for cash, they are looking for a visa. If they are totally content upper strata girls they dont go.on these  sites. They marry well off Colombians or Mexicans and go travelling to the US on vacation.

I knew I would get tour typical "true for every One else but not for me" responses.

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2016, 05:56:27 PM »
If they aint looking for cash, they are looking for a visa. If they are totally content upper strata girls they dont go.on these  sites. They marry well off Colombians or Mexicans and go travelling to the US on vacation.

I knew I would get tour typical "true for every One else but not for me" responses.

For young professionals doing well for themselves in Mexico City let me say this. They like white skin, lighter hair, blue/green eyes. They like how gringos are different from machista latinos. And in many cases they find DF (and I've heard the same from girls in Bogota) to be pretty damn stressful.

As long as you aren't looking for way younger that is. Does some girl in Polanco want to date a guy her dad's age? Probably not.

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2016, 07:03:54 PM »
I have spent a lot of time in Mexico and a gringo just doesn't get the interest that they do in Colombia. It's like the familiarity breeds contempt thing. Colombianas get all starry-eyed thinking about a gringo. In Mexico they go, bleh.

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2016, 08:07:56 AM »
I have spent a lot of time in Mexico and a gringo just doesn't get the interest that they do in Colombia. It's like the familiarity breeds contempt thing. Colombianas get all starry-eyed thinking about a gringo. In Mexico they go, bleh.

Where in Mexico?

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2016, 08:07:56 AM »

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2016, 10:46:26 AM »

Where in Mexico?

Monterrey, Aguascalientes, Mexico City, Nuevo Laredo, Ciudad Acuna, Guadalajara, Leon, Reynosa.

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2016, 12:14:15 PM »

Monterrey, Aguascalientes, Mexico City, Nuevo Laredo, Ciudad Acuna, Guadalajara, Leon, Reynosa.

I really can't speak too much for the border because frankly I mostly avoided it for obvious reasons. As for Mexico City when were you there and where exactly did you go? I made several trips in my 20s and when you consider all the factors I consider it the best city to visit in Latin America. And that is mainly because when you get married to a woman there it is a place you will actually want to go back to. Especially compared to anywhere in Honduras for example.

Now don't get me wrong, I could have gone to BAQ and had a line around the corner, but let's talk DF for a sec. You have a big pool of educated English speaking professional young ladies. Many of them have travel visas. Granted it may not be the same as the beach cities in Colombia, but these women are very approachable. Okay they aren't going to extend age gaps sure, but they would gladly go out with me if I suggested a nice venue and came off as a cultured gringo.

If a guy in his 20 or 30s was looking at Latin America I would say one of the must sees is DF. You can just walk all over Santa Fe, La Condesa, Roma, and Polanco. And the place is stockpiled with hot chicas.

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2016, 12:59:29 PM »

Yeah,,OK, all true, but no different than a guy in his 20s or 30s going to a big multi-cultural city in the US, or Europe.

But getting back to the OPs original post, I doubt very much you will find these girls on Mexican Cupido. And if you did, it would be  1 in several hundred, and she would probably be just checking her email once every one or 2 months, and be sifting through hundreds of emails from horney desperate farm boys from Iowa and Alabama who havent been with anything other than sheep for the last 2 years...

I really can't speak too much for the border because frankly I mostly avoided it for obvious reasons. As for Mexico City when were you there and where exactly did you go? I made several trips in my 20s and when you consider all the factors I consider it the best city to visit in Latin America. And that is mainly because when you get married to a woman there it is a place you will actually want to go back to. Especially compared to anywhere in Honduras for example.

Now don't get me wrong, I could have gone to BAQ and had a line around the corner, but let's talk DF for a sec. You have a big pool of educated English speaking professional young ladies. Many of them have travel visas. Granted it may not be the same as the beach cities in Colombia, but these women are very approachable. Okay they aren't going to extend age gaps sure, but they would gladly go out with me if I suggested a nice venue and came off as a cultured gringo.

If a guy in his 20 or 30s was looking at Latin America I would say one of the must sees is DF. You can just walk all over Santa Fe, La Condesa, Roma, and Polanco. And the place is stockpiled with hot chicas.

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2016, 01:12:02 PM »

Mexicans generally mistrust gringos. Their is a significant
History of oppression and discrimination by the US against Mexicans. They will risk life and limb to come here for a better life, but that doesn't mean they like us.,.

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2016, 01:22:13 PM »
Yeah,,OK, all true, but no different than a guy in his 20s or 30s going to a big multi-cultural city in the US, or Europe.

But getting back to the OPs original post, I doubt very much you will find these girls on Mexican Cupido. And if you did, it would be  1 in several hundred, and she would probably be just checking her email once every one or 2 months, and be sifting through hundreds of emails from horney desperate farm boys from Iowa and Alabama who havent been with anything other than sheep for the last 2 years...

Actually I'm trying to distinguish the difference between between those cities in the West versus Mexico City. It's 18.5 to 1 right now. I just googled Hotel Roosevelt in La Condesa, it's $45 a night. The restaurants and even the high end clubs are VERY affordable. And the nightlife is so diverse. They have everything for everybody of all ages.

For you guys in your 40s and 50s it does bring up that old debate. The educated woman in her 30s versus the how young can you go. But when it comes to Spanish speaking countries DF and Bogota are the two cities that really have it all.

The great weather. Affordable flights. Lots of great places to stay. Lots of restaurants. Lots of nightlife for all types. No other cities bring it all like those two. Sure you can make an argument for other cities. But no others have the variety and options of those two.

And back on point. Mexican Cupid naw. POF yea.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 01:24:01 PM by bcc_1_2 »

Offline Gavan

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2016, 02:07:09 PM »

The great weather. Affordable flights. Lots of great places to stay. Lots of restaurants. Lots of nightlife for all types. No other cities bring it all like those two. Sure you can make an argument for other cities. But no others have the variety and options of those two.

I have never been to Bogota, but Lima has just as much to offer as México DF when it comes to world class restaurants, nightlife and affordable places to stay. If you go during the summer weather is also excellent there and it has decent beaches, which México doesn't have (and I don't think Bogota has those either).

Things to Do in Lima

High End Nightlife in Lima

« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 02:13:28 PM by Gavan »

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2016, 02:12:28 PM »

I have never been to Bogota, but Lima has just as much to offer as México DF when it comes to world class restaurants, nightlife and affordable places to stay. If you go during the summer weather is also excellent there and it has decent beaches, which México doesn't have (and I don't think Bogota has those either).

Things to Do in Lima

If we polled the world on what they prefer, Peruvian food or Mexican food, what do you think the result would be? Also, you also failed to mention the dense fog Lima deals with. But anyways I agree Lima should be one of those cities in the discussion. But then again the flights are more costly too. So I'm not saying don't go anywhere else but these two places, I am just saying on the whole I'd give DF and Bogota the highest marks.

Offline Gavan

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2016, 02:20:08 PM »

If we polled the world on what they prefer, Peruvian food or Mexican food, what do you think the result would be? Also, you also failed to mention the dense fog Lima deals with. But anyways I agree Lima should be one of those cities in the discussion. But then again the flights are more costly too. So I'm not saying don't go anywhere else but these two places, I am just saying on the whole I'd give DF and Bogota the highest marks.

How can you give your opinion on a place you have never visited?

I am not saying Mexican food isn't good too, but Peruvian food has won award after award and is very popular at the moment. Here is an example:

http://food.ndtv.com/food-drinks/peruvian-cuisine-makes-its-way-into-the-worlds-top-five-769247

http://www.worldtravelawards.com/award-worlds-leading-culinary-destination-2014

The dense fog is only during the winter (and not all the time). During the summer Lima has great, sunny weather.

Beaches of Lima during the summer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVCjxnmw23k
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 02:31:59 PM by Gavan »

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2016, 02:32:38 PM »

How can you give your opinion on a place you have never visited?

I am not saying Mexican food isn't good too, but Peruvian food has won award after award and is very popular at the moment. Here is an example:

http://food.ndtv.com/food-drinks/peruvian-cuisine-makes-its-way-into-the-worlds-top-five-769247

http://www.worldtravelawards.com/award-worlds-leading-culinary-destination-2014

The dense fog is only during the winter (and not all the time). During the summer Lima has great, sunny weather.

I'm obviously saying your personal tastes may vary. There are tons of places to visit and the point really should be to list the pros and the cons so everyone can decide where to go. Because we don't generally have endless vacation and resources.

The flight to Lima is more. That's just a fact and you have to weigh that in. Unless someone got hooked online reading about Lima and just had to go, I'd suggest Mexico City because the food is more generally known and liked, the hotels are cheap, the flights are cheap, there are more English speakers, there are more b2 visa holders, and there are very safe neighborhoods.

The average guy can just get away for a few weeks. It sure helps to spend your time with b2 visa holders unless you are living overseas. If you can go live in a place like Lima, then you are one of the lucky few.

Offline Gavan

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2016, 02:47:26 PM »

I'm obviously saying your personal tastes may vary. There are tons of places to visit and the point really should be to list the pros and the cons so everyone can decide where to go. Because we don't generally have endless vacation and resources.

The flight to Lima is more. That's just a fact and you have to weigh that in. Unless someone got hooked online reading about Lima and just had to go, I'd suggest Mexico City because the food is more generally known and liked, the hotels are cheap, the flights are cheap, there are more English speakers, there are more b2 visa holders, and there are very safe neighborhoods.

The average guy can just get away for a few weeks. It sure helps to spend your time with b2 visa holders unless you are living overseas. If you can go live in a place like Lima, then you are one of the lucky few.

I am not American, but from looking online flights to Lima from the US seem a bit more expensive than the ones to Mexico Df, but they are about the same as Bogota. Plenty of very cheap hotels in Lima too and there are also several safe neighborhoods there: Miraflores, Barranco, San Isidro are all nice areas.

Barranco neighborhood in Lima

If you only want to date visa holders you can hang out with the "pitucas" who have enough money to get them (although they are not easy to date, but I doubt those high class Mexicanas are either).
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 04:47:58 PM by Gavan »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2016, 02:47:26 PM »

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2016, 04:55:22 PM »

Actually I'm trying to distinguish the difference between between those cities in the West versus Mexico City. It's 18.5 to 1 right now. I just googled Hotel Roosevelt in La Condesa, it's $45 a night. The restaurants and even the high end clubs are VERY affordable. And the nightlife is so diverse. They have everything for everybody of all ages.

For you guys in your 40s and 50s it does bring up that old debate. The educated woman in her 30s versus the how young can you go. But when it comes to Spanish speaking countries DF and Bogota are the two cities that really have it all.

And back on point. Mexican Cupid naw. POF yea.
Bogota has great weather? And hot women compared to Cali, Medellin and Barranquilla?

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2016, 07:40:37 PM »
Bogota has great weather? And hot women compared to Cali, Medellin and Barranquilla?

Bogota may be the place that guys like BCC go to find the supposed "upscale" women, and spend a day or two to see the museums and Monserrate, but as a city, to live permanently,or to spend a lot of time,  it sucks, just like Lima, and most Colombians are only there because they have to be, due to work situation,and would gladly live somewhere else.

Cant say the same for DF, because I never been there, But then I am not a big city person, and dont like to spend all day in traffic jams, breathe polluted are and being surrounded by hoards of unfriendly people all the time.

Still, compared to Buenos Aires or Santiago, (or even smaller Medellin)  Bogota and Lima both suck,as far a real big cities go.

And Gavan dont be going on about Mira Flores and that other little middle class barrio they have in Lima. These make up less than 10% of the city population and area.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 345