Forum > Latin -> Trip Reports

Big bad Venezuela...going deep deep cover, 007 incognito style. 8) 8) 8)

(1/23) > >>

Awesome:
Awesome flew into Medallo monday night, checked into usual hotel, then proceeded straight the nearest strip club.  I got stuck in Medellin longer than expected because of problems with atm card plus I lose my gotdamn mind in the strip club and spend way too much money.  Oh well Y.O.L.O baby!

On the trip down I had problems in the same airport I always have problems..Mexico f*cking City.  God I hate passing through DF!  This time some worker at the check in desk wouldn't give me my boarding pass until I showed him proof of a return ticked or onward travel, since I only had a one way ticket to Colombia.  I pulled up an itinerary on my phone in English and showed it to him and he was still being difficult not wanting to give me the boarding pass.  I was literally about to snatch him up by his pencil neck but he finally gave up my pass just in time to catch the plane.

I'm in Cucuta now at the shopping mall sipping a Juan Valdez waiting on a western union due to my atm card issues.  As soon as my money's right I'm catching the first taxi to la frontera.  I'm kinda nervous going into the unknown, possibly hostile territory, so we'll see how it goes.

Cucuta seems like a cool city.  Lots of hotties at the mall I'm at.  Not quite at the level of beauty you find in Medellin, but I don't think I've seen a single boob job or butt implants either.

Gavan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDvJyGRpozY

;D

robert angel:

--- Quote from: Awesome on December 15, 2016, 01:37:17 PM ---Awesome flew into Medallo monday night, checked into usual hotel, then proceeded straight the nearest strip club.  I got stuck in Medellin longer than expected because of problems with atm card plus I lose my gotdamn mind in the strip club and spend way too much money.  Oh well Y.O.L.O baby!

On the trip down I had problems in the same airport I always have problems..Mexico f*cking City.  God I hate passing through DF!  This time some worker at the check in desk wouldn't give me my boarding pass until I showed him proof of a return ticked or onward travel, since I only had a one way ticket to Colombia.  I pulled up an itinerary on my phone in English and showed it to him and he was still being difficult not wanting to give me the boarding pass.  I was literally about to snatch him up by his pencil neck but he finally gave up my pass just in time to catch the plane.

I'm in Cucuta now at the shopping mall sipping a Juan Valdez waiting on a western union due to my atm card issues.  As soon as my money's right I'm catching the first taxi to la frontera.  I'm kinda nervous going into the unknown, possibly hostile territory, so we'll see how it goes.

Cucuta seems like a cool city.  Lots of hotties at the mall I'm at.  Not quite at the level of beauty you find in Medellin, but I don't think I've seen a single boob job or butt implants either.

--- End quote ---

Big bad Venezuela??? ::)

Last time I checked, Cucuta was squarely in Colombia--- why don't you head to San Christobal, Venezueula? If you're in Cucuta, it's not that far away, has twice the population of Cucuta and supposedly a lot more going for it. American, Delta, United and a dozen other airlines flying from the US all have direct flights to Venezuela.

Your trip reports always seem so full of unusual adventures and mishaps, unlike anyone elses here.

I'm beginning to see why you indicate you like staying amongst non natives in youth hostels while abroad so much.

Hector_Lavoe:

--- Quote from: Awesome on December 15, 2016, 01:37:17 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Well, kudos to you for getting off the beaten path of the five major cities (Bogota, Medellin, Cali, Barranquilla and Cartagena). Always wanted to try something in Colombia on the road less traveled.

Can't say much about Venezuela other than what I've read. If you do cross over, be safe/careful and don't over indulge in the booze, etc.  Have fun.

Calipro:

--- Quote from: Awesome on December 15, 2016, 01:37:17 PM ---Awesome flew into Medallo monday night, checked into usual hotel, then proceeded straight the nearest strip club.  I got stuck in Medellin longer than expected because of problems with atm card plus I lose my gotdamn mind in the strip club and spend way too much money.  Oh well Y.O.L.O baby!

--- End quote ---

Take a couple of pics and post them.....what does the city look like compared to the bigger cities in Colombia?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version