It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: July 2006 trip to Barranquilla part 2  (Read 1990 times)

Offline Steve

July 2006 trip to Barranquilla part 2
« on: July 31, 2006, 04:43:27 PM »
The next morning my scheduled breakfast date cancelled. I took the time to explore the Buena Vista Mall not far from my hotel. It is a nice enough mall but nothing special. The problem with Barranquilla is the lack of places to take a date out-especially during the daytime. I took most of my post-introduction dates to Buena Vista Mall to eat at the food court and/or play games at an arcade/mini amusement park on the third floor called City Park. The third floor of the mall also has a movie cinema and a place called Crepes and Waffles that has great food and ice cream.
     The lunch date was held at a Chinese restaurant called El Gran Chef where I met two women. One of these women turned out to be my future fiance. As I spoke to the two women and they asked questions of me I fought to try to maintain a conversation with them. Whenever I faltered Vanessa would intervene and keep the ball rolling. She was an excellent assistant who grew up here in South Florida. I would recommend her. After the date one of the women told Vanessa that she would be interested in dating me again-my future fiance! Unfortunately I did not take her up on her offer right away but started dating a woman I had met the night before at the initial group date.
     I cancelled my remaining dates(bad mistake) to exclusively date this woman. I dated this woman for about a week. She seemed genuinely interested in me at first but seemed to lose interest over time. I bought her some gifts as we dated.This also turned out to be a mistake. Jaime mentioned to me that you don't buy gifts until you have been intimate with the girl. While I'm not sure about the intimate part I now know/agree that gift buying is something you don't do unless you have reached a certain level in the relationship.
     I took this woman, her sister, and her mother to an overnight trip to Cartagena about 1 1/2 hours away via taxi. We saw various sights in the city. This place is very historical with the fortress of San Felipe and an the old enclosed city with its cobblestone streets. This is said to be a very romantic city where many people go on their honeymoon. There is also an old monastery(now a military post) high on a hill from where you can observe the entire city. We went on a Chivas bus which is like a party bus where musicians play and people drink, sing, and even dance. Despite the positives of this city there is one big drawback: the people out in the street who sell everything from bottled water to local crafts and/or the people who approach you to beg are quite persistent. I had one guy first try to sell me a cheap watch and then beg for money for a good 30 minutes before he gave up. These people don't understand the word no. I am definately no expert of Cartagena (or anywhere else in Colombia for that matter) but these were my experiences.
     When I returned from the trip I called Jaime in order to resume going out on dates with women. I knew that I would no longer be dating the first woman who I had cancelled all other dates for. She clearly just wasn't interested in me. She didn't want to dance with me ( not that I can dance very well). She never spoke to me unless I initiated the conversation and then it seemed she didn't want to talk. However ,she, like other women I met ,appeared to not want to be direct in their rejection. You had to read the signals/ "red flags".
     I started dating other women including an 18-year-old girl that told me that she had competed for the title of Miss Colombia. I don't know if that is true or not but regardless she was absolutely beautiful. This girl was exquisite with a very pretty face, long brown hair, large, round, full breasts and a beautiful rear end. she had been in the agency only a few days when I went out with her.I was her first date from the agency. She was nice. I only went out on one date with her because even though I look young for my age I have to face the fact that I am 40 years old. When we entered the Buena Vista mall someone whistled. Peoples' heads were turning to look at her-I mean men and women! I tryed my best to keep my eyes off of her chest but this was difficult to do because she wore a shirt with a very, very low neckline which she had to constantly pull up to keep her nipples covered. All I have to say is that whoever brings her to the U.S. had better keep this girl under lock and key or at least on a short leach. LOL.
     I soon narrowed down the girls I dated to two women, one who is now my fiance....

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 125