It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: What if anything, do you do?  (Read 5225 times)

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
What if anything, do you do?
« on: July 13, 2019, 10:35:20 PM »
I guess about 5 years or so back, I started to do more for my skin than just shower, shave and wash my face.

It takes a couple extra minutes if I use 2 or 3 different things (including washing with soap other than my usual body soap -- "Dial" brand) but damn, I wish started wayyyy before age 50. 

I can really see and feel a difference in terms of lines and wrinkles (although nothing's gonna stop them cold) and as said, it doesn't take a lot of time.

You can spend a lot on stuff that they promise the stars and moon with, but there are products out there that don't cost much and I switch them around a bit. Even (depending on your skin) just putting virgin olive oil on your face after washing is good--I do that sometimes.

Do you guys use anything--moisturizer, etc?

Come'on--I know that even if you don't reply, that you feckers are a fairly vain bunch of roosters, so don't pretend otherwise, LOL.

Anyways, if you're not taking better care of your looks, START!
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
Re: What if anything, do you do?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 11:41:16 PM »
I guess about 5 years or so back, I started to do more for my skin than just shower, shave and wash my face.

It takes a couple extra minutes if I use 2 or 3 different things (including washing with soap other than my usual body soap -- "Dial" brand) but damn, I wish started wayyyy before age 50. 

I can really see and feel a difference in terms of lines and wrinkles (although nothing's gonna stop them cold) and as said, it doesn't take a lot of time.

You can spend a lot on stuff that they promise the stars and moon with, but there are products out there that don't cost much and I switch them around a bit. Even (depending on your skin) just putting virgin olive oil on your face after washing is good--I do that sometimes.

Do you guys use anything--moisturizer, etc?

Come'on--I know that even if you don't reply, that you feckers are a fairly vain bunch of roosters, so don't pretend otherwise, LOL.

Anyways, if you're not taking better care of your looks, START!
Botox for my forehead.  People told me I looked angry; botox paralyzes my overactive forehead muscles so look more relaxed...

Offline utopiacowboy

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 08:16:27 AM »
I don't do anything for skin care etc. I don't really care how I look - I just want to be able to be active with my grandchildren. I lift weights and run three miles every day.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 08:16:27 AM »

Offline Elexpatriado

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 09:22:53 AM »
Botox for my forehead.  People told me I looked angry; botox paralyzes my overactive forehead muscles so look more relaxed...

Botox and fillers are okay..if applied by an experienced cosmetic surgeon

Cosmetic surgery is extreme..they can foch up...end up looking like Michael Jackson or Bruce Jenner or that preachers wife whatever her name is.

As far as attracting women, just paste a Ben Franklin on your mug to cover the wrinkles..that always works..

Ohh..and I like to wear a banana in the pants..not in the back..seems to work a lot better in the front..
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 09:24:48 AM by Elexpatriado »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 02:27:05 PM »

I need to look into that. What's weird is all those type of procedures cost a whole lot less about 5-6 hours south of us.

In the mega wealthy Boca Raton, W. Palm Beach, Jupiter areas, we'd probably pay half of what you pay in Georgia or S. Carolina.  I think I remember stupid ads for like '$125 an eye'  Lasik and people get botox injections during lunchtime.

Boca Raton must be the USA's center for well dressed plastic barbies, a walk around and telling real vs plastic isn't always easy.

My wife's dropping $2250 for Lasik surgery tomorrow = no more eye glasses for her until maybe 20 years from now, her possibly needing reading glasses. Figure each year or so we pay $400-$550 for eyeglasses after insurance, and it makes even more sense to go ahead.

And for our area; that's a deal, with $1000 of the $2250 going to the animal humane society--separate check from  the $1250 one for the Opthalmalogist- hospital.

Surgery's at 12:15 (after lunch) and I can watch it live on camera. Dr. says she can work at 8 AM next day, but she's taking Tuesday off anyway.

Of course we worry about the Dr.; but it's really how "state of the art' and current the machine that's really doing the critical measuring and cutting that matters most.

But being bald and never mind having a  forehead---I have a 'fivehead'! So yeah--I might look into botox. Really there's not much I'd totally rule out.

My wife keeps a pretty close eye on my appearance.  In fact after I die, I figure she might take me to the taxidermist.

Around my eyes, she more recently noticed I have something she calls ""craws feet""

At least it's not vultures!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 05:01:21 PM by robert angel »

Offline Calipro

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 07:28:12 PM »
Botox and fillers are okay..if applied by an experienced cosmetic surgeon

Cosmetic surgery is extreme..they can foch up...end up looking like Michael Jackson or Bruce Jenner or that preachers wife whatever her name is.

As far as attracting women, just paste a Ben Franklin on your mug to cover the wrinkles..that always works..

Ohh..and I like to wear a banana in the pants..not in the back..seems to work a lot better in the front..

If you have to paste 100 dollar bills to your face to attract  wpmen then plastic surgery might very well be a cost effective option  it might also give you better self esteem and ultimately a better opinion of women overall

I  had plastic surgery and  hadnt reached the point where handing over money to women seemed like a good idea

Might be too late for you and Mudd to rejoin the normal dsting scene but Id give it a try

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2019, 05:58:03 AM »
If you have to paste 100 dollar bills to your face to attract  wpmen then plastic surgery might very well be a cost effective option  it might also give you better self esteem and ultimately a better opinion of women overall

I  had plastic surgery and  hadnt reached the point where handing over money to women seemed like a good idea

Might be too late for you and Mudd to rejoin the normal dsting scene but Id give it a try

Have you no sense of humour or is it even more esoteric than mine?? Do you really take everything on here  or anyone says seriously or is it just a show?

My self esteem is OK ..thanks for asking.. buddy LOL. WEW.. funny guy ;D ;D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 06:00:48 AM by Elexpatriado »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2019, 06:04:40 AM »
So Calipro , I want to ask your honest opinion.

You dont like the $100 bill idea and think cosmetic surgery is a great idea..

You never mentioned the Banana in the pants idea.. surely  you must  think that is a good idea?

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2019, 06:09:04 AM »
Sorry-I Screwd up. Its not a banana-it is a potato

A man goes to the beach...

...and he sets himself up to show off his new beach bod. A few women glance his way, but none strike up a conversation. He looks a little ways down the beach to see lots of women around an older guy who is nowhere near as chiseled as him.
As the crowd disperses, the man approaches his competition and asks the older man what his secret is.
"Sure, I'll tell you! It's real easy. First thing I do before stepping out onto the beach is put a potato in my Speedo. It's a real eye catcher, if you know what I mean!"
Seeing the older man's success, he decides to give it a try. The next morning he stops at the market and buys the biggest potato he could find and heads off to the beach. He sets himself up like the day before and puts the potato in his Speedo, but now even less women are glancing at him. Some are even making comments under their breath.
Confused, the man finds the older man from the day before and asks what gives.
"I did it just like you said, stuffed the potato in my Speedo and everything!"
The older man shakes his head in disgust.
"You idiot! You're supposed to put the potato in the FRONT!"

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2019, 07:42:13 AM »

You never mentioned the Banana in the pants idea.. surely  you must  think that is a good idea?
I've never tried banana in the pants but I'm willing to bet it's a a chick magnet !

Offline Calipro

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2019, 09:48:07 AM »

Do what you gotta do

But make sure the lights are off when you take your pants off
Im not even telling to stop payong for sex... but  rather to be open to other options

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2019, 04:01:38 PM »
Do what you gotta do

But make sure the lights are off when you take your pants off
Im not even telling to stop payong for sex... but  rather to be open to other options

Um, "open to other options"-> Such as....? ::)

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2019, 04:43:15 PM »
Um, "open to other options"-> Such as....? ::)

Marry a rich  old widow and get her to support you..

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2019, 04:43:15 PM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2019, 08:02:30 PM »

[/quote]

I much more prefer my arrangement, with a hot young babe for a wife,  an easy going classy gal 20some years my junior. Heck, shr earns good money, gives me breakfast every day in bed  (I wake up, eat, approve her outfit, check the news, go back to sleep) and anything else I want in there 24X365, spoiling my ass rotten.

Retired a year now and she ENCOURAGES me NOT to lift a finger, doesn't ask me to cook or clean, saying she wants to pay someone to cut and keep our lawn/garden up.

I look forward to her (our) Mon.- Fri. one hour lunches, w/ her office literally a few minutes drive from our house--IF I'm not at the pool, ocean beach, out shopping or at the gym, etc.

Next month it's us for two weeks, vacationing in Michigan's "Land of Lakes" with my side of the family, then home for a few days, then off again for another two weeks, for a guided tour through Western Europe, 9 cities in 5 countries.

If this "permanent vacation" is just a dream, DON'T wake me up!!

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2019, 10:32:34 PM »

I much more prefer my arrangement, with a hot young babe for a wife,  an easy going classy gal 20some years my junior. Heck, shr earns good money, gives me breakfast every day in bed  (I wake up, eat, approve her outfit, check the news, go back to sleep) and anything else I want in there 24X365, spoiling my ass rotten.

Retired a year now and she ENCOURAGES me NOT to lift a finger, doesn't ask me to cook or clean, saying she wants to pay someone to cut and keep our lawn/garden up.

I look forward to her (our) Mon.- Fri. one hour lunches, w/ her office literally a few minutes drive from our house--IF I'm not at the pool, ocean beach, out shopping or at the gym, etc.

Next month it's us for two weeks, vacationing in Michigan's "Land of Lakes" with my side of the family, then home for a few days, then off again for another two weeks, for a guided tour through Western Europe, 9 cities in 5 countries.

If this "permanent vacation" is just a dream, DON'T wake me up!!
Sounds like a dream.  I took a 2 week vacation recently and was dreaming of retirement myself.  Alas I have at least 10 years of working at a job likely to take years off my life...

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2019, 07:14:39 AM »
Sounds like a dream.  I took a 2 week vacation recently and was dreaming of retirement myself.  Alas I have at least 10 years of working at a job likely to take years off my life...

Well, my career, my everyday job, had become a nightmare and I put in over thirty years.  December 22nd, 2017, it put me in the hospital for an over night, my body suffering from myclonic, seizure like jerking - all from work stress. MRIs, other tests, my sons and wife in tears. Enough. I began plotting my exit strategy.

Like the cure for insomnia is "Get more sleep" the top Dr.s, including a neurologist, told me to "experience less stress" lol...

Here in our southern, mid sized city, between the 'me too' movement and long simmering racial polarization that marginalizes white men as if we need to pay reparations for slavery and the civil war, it was awful. Not getting any better either.

My white buddies and I joked about putting bumper stickers on our cars saying "Save the white males"  (whales) Saw a lot of guys, encouraged to 'go through the motions' interview for positions just to keep legally required protocols in place, but zero chance of getting promoted. Keeping up appearances as seeming legal, going through the motions. They knew before the job was posted who was going to get what.

I could've sued, after all it's not "Who you know"--- Its "WHAT you know about WHO"--nowadays and I had dirt on them, but I would've won a battle, got a promotion & raise, but I'd lose the war--every day thereafter would've been worse, being even more intensely watched, hounded.

My bosses would 'see' an issue, a problem, usually something they brought on, created by themselves and a couple of them would get on the phone, 'tag teaming' me, blaming, ragging me out, telling me how to fix it, telling me to back date stuff and get others to sign off, etc.

I never did.

I would tell them "OK, just put exactly what and how you need me to do it in our Micro Soft Outlook mail (to cover me) and then I'll try and do it", but they wanted no trail. Nonetheless I have boxes of documents, a portable hard drive, screen shots of crap so if they really wanted to play with the 'long knives' it'd be 'MAD' = "Mutually Assured Destruction"

Then, never mind that it was right before Christmas, New Years, they screwed me out of a couple thousand dollars in transportation reimbursement, because I was too over loaded to get it in--I was covering, literally doing three people's jobs. Six months later, I retired.

They had the big dinner, flowers, speeches, plaques, engraved table clock yada yada. My so called 'superiors' (snakes) extolling my services. What a farce.

To an extent, I let it 'get to me' so I am responsible too.  I was too far in, with too many years, too close to a reasonable exit strategy (retirement w/ health insurance) to just up and quit earlier.

My advice looking back, is try and not let work place sh!t stress you out like I allowed it to. Try not to bring it home. I was hammering out nasty letters at 3AM sometimes, then at work by 8AM. Even when sleeping, my mind was spinning, trying to solve stupid work problems My wife would get up, often  would read what I typed and beg me to let it sit in draft to 'cool off', saving further carnage.

I should have (ironic here) wrote and said less in my work and just did what I needed to do. Don't ask too many questions.  You might not like the answers and they'll probably make you do a whole lot of stuff to fix the 'problem' you brought up.

Like my wife would tell me:

"It's the nail that sticks out that gets hammered"

This also is wise advice, predating 'The Godfather" movie's usage:

"Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer" (Sun Tzu)

The irony is that today they still call me and ask me to come in, usually when they've again ended up with what I call a litigation bound 'hand grenade' case and need my 'bomb disposal' skills.

But I can say 'no' --I can pick and choose assignments, so since 'retirement' I've worked occasionally on MY terms, waltzing in wearing sneakers and jeans, on MY schedule and my style. The pay isn't the same, but was enough for buying a new computer and cell phone and banking a little extra vacay money, without hitting our savings, retirement money.

My youngest son gets his bachelors degree from UGA in December (his 1st job offer -- in Atlanta, is for 85K to start!) and that'll be great all around, easing cash flow.

But the moral of this long, convoluted story is in the work place, as in life and with women--people in general, is to always try and know what they're like and capable of doing to you, but try not to let off. Don't let them see you sweat and don't burn your bridges! Hope and act for good, but be prepared for bad.

And when you feel it can't get worse, think of other people in other jobs, situations worse than yours.

"I cried because I had no shoes, then I saw a man who had no feet" (Mahatma Gandhi)

I guess I did 'pay my dues' to get to this happy place.

Happy wife makes happy life, at least on the home front most of the time, and while I come off as cocky, perhaps even gloating at least here on P.L., overall I am very thankful.

I guess I still hope we can bring in more guys here, encouraging and guiding them in seeking women abroad, because in my book, 90% of women born and raised here in the USA just aren't getting it.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 03:14:40 PM by robert angel »

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2019, 03:07:00 PM »
Well, my career, my everyday job, had become a nightmare and I put in over thirty years.  December 22nd, 2017, it put me in the hospital for an over night, my body suffering from myclonic, seizure like jerking - all from work stress. MRIs, other tests, my sons and wife in tears. Enough. I began plotting my exit strategy.

Here in our southern, mid sized city, between the 'me too' movement and long simmering racial polarization that marginalizes white men as if we need to pay reparations for slavery and the civil war, it was awful. Not getting any better either.

My white buddies and I joked about putting bumper stickers on our cars saying "Save the white males"  (whales) Saw a lot of guys, encouraged to 'go through the motions' interview for positions just to keep legally required protocols in place, but zero chance of getting promoted. Keeping up appearances as seeming legal, going through the motions. They knew before the job was posted who was going to get what.

I could've sued, after all it's not "Who you know"--- Its "WHAT you know about WHO"--nowadays and I had dirt on them, but I would've won a battle, got a promo, but I'd lose the war--every day thereafter would've been worse, being even more intensely watched, hounded.

My bosses would 'see' an issue, a problem, usually something they brought on, created by themselves and a couple of them would get on the phone, 'tag teaming' me, ragging me out, telling me how to fix it, telling me to back date stuff and get others to sign off, etc. I never did.

I would tell them "OK, just put exactly what you need me to do in our Micro Soft Outlook mail to cover me and then I'll try and do it", but they wanted no trail. Nonetheless I have boxes of documents, a portable hard drive, screen shots of crap so if they really wanted to play with the 'long knives' it'd be 'MAD' = "Mutually Assured Destruction"

Then, never mind that it was right before Christmas, New Years, they screwed me out of a couple thousand dollars in transportation reimbursement, because I was too over loaded to get it in--I was covering, literally doing three people's jobs. Six months later, I retired.

They had the big dinner, flowers, speeches, plaques, engraved table clock yada yada. My so called 'superiors' (snakes) extolling my services. What a farce.

To an extent, I let it 'get to me' so I am responsible too.  I was too far in, with too many years, too close to a reasonable exit strategy (retirement w/ health insurance) to just up and quit earlier.

My advice looking back, is try and not let work place sh!t stress you out like I allowed it to. Try not to bring it home. I was hammering out nasty letters at 3AM sometimes, then at work by 8AM. Even when sleeping, my mind was spinning, trying to solve stupid work problems My wife would get up, often  would read what I typed and beg me to let it sit in draft to 'cool off', saving further carnage.

I should have (ironic here) wrote and said less in my work and just did what I needed to do. Don't ask too many questions.  You might not like the answers and they'll probably make you do a whole lot of stuff to fix the 'problem' you brought up.

Like my wife would tell me:

"It's the nail that sticks out that gets hammered"

This also is wise advice, predating 'The Godfather" movie's usage:

"Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer" (Sun Tzu)

The irony is that today they still call me and ask me to come in, usually when they've again ended up with what I call a litigation bound 'hand grenade' case and need my 'bomb disposal' skills.

But I can say 'no' --I can pick and choose assignments, so since 'retirement' I've worked occasionally on MY terms, waltzing in wearing sneakers and jeans, on MY schedule and my style. The pay isn't the same, but was enough for buying a new computer and cell phone and banking a little extra vacay money, without hitting our savings, retirement money.

My youngest son gets his bachelors degree from UGA in December (his 1st job offer -- in Atlanta, is for 85K to start!) and that'll be great all around, easing cash flow.

But the moral of this long, convoluted story is in the work place, as in life and with women--people in general, is to always try and know what they're like and capable of doing to you, but try not to let off. Don't let them see you sweat and don't burn your bridges! Hope and act for good, but be prepared for bad.

And when you feel it can't get worse, think of other people in other jobs, situations worse than yours.

"I cried because I had no shoes, then I saw a man who had no feet" (Mahatma Gandhi)

I guess I did 'pay my dues' to get to this happy place.

Happy wife makes happy life, at least on the home front most of the time, and while I come off as cocky, perhaps even gloating at least here on P.L., overall I am very thankful.

I guess I still hope we can bring in more guys here, encouraging and guiding them in seeking women abroad, because in my book, 90% of women born and raised here in the USA just aren't getting it.
Good advice.  Before my vacation,  I had a couple cystic pimples on my face that wouldn't go away.  They were gone within the first two days of my staycation.  I was plenty busy taking care of my kids and my sick mom, but very happy to be able to spend more time with loved ones....

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2019, 09:56:23 PM »
Good advice.  Before my vacation,  I had a couple cystic pimples on my face that wouldn't go away.  They were gone within the first two days of my staycation.  I was plenty busy taking care of my kids and my sick mom, but very happy to be able to spend more time with loved ones....

A big part of of our upcoming trip to  Michigan is to spend time with my elderly widowed Dad and evaluate his overall situation. I was up there last summer too--it's much higher priority now. I'm so glad my sisters live nearby to him, but I feel guilty that they do it all, even if we live 900 miles apart and they're close by.

Work related stress can do you in. A year ago I was about 25 pounds heavier and more often in a pissy mood than today.

Haven't done a lot of exercise, maybe a couple times a week some intense hot yoga, but it was not eating a fully loaded Publix deli sub sandwich every day  anymore that might've helped me lose weight the most. Starch, mayo and cold cuts....

Yoga's no joke--elite Military and pro athletes can attest that it really is tough, besides helping flexibility and range of motion. Plus it dissipates mental stress.

Losing that weight--and I didn't really look 'chubby' before, just puts a lot more spring in my step and makes getting up off a cushy sofa a lot faster.

But I'm a lazy procrastinator and what I really need is cardio exercise and to be more regular on lifting weights. Otherwise, losing that weight just makes your body soft and a bit wasted.

Plus you run out of wind when exerting your self a lot faster if you're not moving a lot or as much as before on a regular basis.

I was drinking a LOT (like 40 +oz) of strong sweet, creamy coffee and more than the coffee, it was the "goop" -- all the creamers and syrups full of unnatural ingredients that my Dr. said was bad for my heart and weight

So other than cheese, including cheese burgers, I cut 90%"dairy out. My wife decided to start buying organic almonds and she makes wonderful almond milk from them with figs and dates to lighten sweeten my gotta have (organic) coffee. We found a place that sells organic foods for not much more than 'regular' foods.

We dropped a bundle on a Vitamix blender that can prolly turn granite into juice.  I'll let her fix me a tasty smoothie some days, which fills me up enough to where I might skip lunch.

She's always 'tweaking' recipes to make them delicious and healthy-- sometimes a bit too much and I get on her sometimes if it goes from tasty 'comfort food' to merely 'good.'

She's mastered Italian cooking (with cheese of course) and a couple times a week we'll eat a great red meat dish (steak-prime rib etc.) and on our Friday 'date night's ' anything goes. But we eat more chicken and fish too and I take Omega 3 fish gel capsules ea night.

But damn if my Dr. wasn't right all these years about the human body and "Use it or lose it"---we walked about 4 miles in humid 90 degree heat this evening, dreading it but sucking it up.

I see my sons work out a lot-- I don't think most guys who are 50ish did that 25--30 years ago.

But I am not kidding guys--getting more into skin care, exercise and tweaking what you eat, is something I wish I did a LONG time ago.

If you buy into it even half heartedly, trying to tweak a couple things,  you'll nonetheless feel, look better and be more 'studly' lol..

Or you can slowly but surely get soft, fat, unattractive to females, easily tired and a prime candidate for strokes and heart attacks, living a sad, regretful life....

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2019, 11:08:42 AM »
A big part of of our upcoming trip to  Michigan is to spend time with my elderly widowed Dad and evaluate his overall situation. I was up there last summer too--it's much higher priority now. I'm so glad my sisters live nearby to him, but I feel guilty that they do it all, even if we live 900 miles apart and they're close by.

Work related stress can do you in. A year ago I was about 25 pounds heavier and more often in a pissy mood than today.

Haven't done a lot of exercise, maybe a couple times a week some intense hot yoga, but it was not eating a fully loaded Publix deli sub sandwich every day  anymore that might've helped me lose weight the most. Starch, mayo and cold cuts....

Yoga's no joke--elite Military and pro athletes can attest that it really is tough, besides helping flexibility and range of motion. Plus it dissipates mental stress.

Losing that weight--and I didn't really look 'chubby' before, just puts a lot more spring in my step and makes getting up off a cushy sofa a lot faster.

But I'm a lazy procrastinator and what I really need is cardio exercise and to be more regular on lifting weights. Otherwise, losing that weight just makes your body soft and a bit wasted.

Plus you run out of wind when exerting your self a lot faster if you're not moving a lot or as much as before on a regular basis.

I was drinking a LOT (like 40 +oz) of strong sweet, creamy coffee and more than the coffee, it was the "goop" -- all the creamers and syrups full of unnatural ingredients that my Dr. said was bad for my heart and weight

So other than cheese, including cheese burgers, I cut 90%"dairy out. My wife decided to start buying organic almonds and she makes wonderful almond milk from them with figs and dates to lighten sweeten my gotta have (organic) coffee. We found a place that sells organic foods for not much more than 'regular' foods.

We dropped a bundle on a Vitamix blender that can prolly turn granite into juice.  I'll let her fix me a tasty smoothie some days, which fills me up enough to where I might skip lunch.

She's always 'tweaking' recipes to make them delicious and healthy-- sometimes a bit too much and I get on her sometimes if it goes from tasty 'comfort food' to merely 'good.'

She's mastered Italian cooking (with cheese of course) and a couple times a week we'll eat a great red meat dish (steak-prime rib etc.) and on our Friday 'date night's ' anything goes. But we eat more chicken and fish too and I take Omega 3 fish gel capsules ea night.

But damn if my Dr. wasn't right all these years about the human body and "Use it or lose it"---we walked about 4 miles in humid 90 degree heat this evening, dreading it but sucking it up.

I see my sons work out a lot-- I don't think most guys who are 50ish did that 25--30 years ago.

But I am not kidding guys--getting more into skin care, exercise and tweaking what you eat, is something I wish I did a LONG time ago.

If you buy into it even half heartedly, trying to tweak a couple things,  you'll nonetheless feel, look better and be more 'studly' lol..

Or you can slowly but surely get soft, fat, unattractive to females, easily tired and a prime candidate for strokes and heart attacks, living a sad, regretful life....
I am starting to get more into healthy eating.  Avoiding fried foods, putting blueberries and raspberries on my cereal and yogurt... Small changes and I really should eat more veggies but I will probably have to go the smoothie route to get my greens in...

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2019, 01:08:31 PM »
I am starting to get more into healthy eating.  Avoiding fried foods, putting blueberries and raspberries on my cereal and yogurt... Small changes and I really should eat more veggies but I will probably have to go the smoothie route to get my greens in...

Getting veggies, greens n FIBER in our diet isn't easy. But we need it.  We cheat, buying bags of frozen veggies at walmart. California mix, broccoli mix, red, green peppers and onions mix etc. For like a $1.27 a bag serves 2-4. 

Can season up, put butter (ghee butteer's healthy, no need for fridge, but we use the real butter sometimes) microwave or reg defrost, can sautee in pan too. Quick cheap n easy, we should do it more.

Every week or two after a 'red meat day', I take cut up left over ribeye or strip steak, add left over potatoes, add the red, green pepper & onion mix that I already sauteed or grilled, in cast iron pan, then add some olive oil heat on high, mash it all in same pan. Good marching eats.

I love me a good old italian style olive oil, balsamic vinegar green lettuce salad, w ripe tomatoes and cukes, but as lazy, we toss salad stuff a lot of trash days.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2019, 02:20:57 PM »
I coulda shoulda died several times from my previous history, namely to put it nicely: "Unhealthy Living Habits" I was just a rock and rolling accident before age 40 for sure. I was ten feet tall and bullet proof, a sponge of substances and I knew it (then) but it's hard to remember all the car wrecks alone sometimes.

And now, going into the quarter stretch or longer I guess, and only now am I FINALLY living and eating different, better.

Like the great Mickey Mantle, who thought he had a hereditary disease that would take his life by age 50  and as such the Yankee great slugger (Dennis Levy is smiling somewhere) lived a NYC star fast  wicked life said: "If I knew I was gonna live this long, I would've taken better care of myself "

But anyway, got a great woman. Nothing's perfect here or there, but the way I figure, if it's better with a latina -- filipina  for you 51% of the time and 'other' 49%~~~~is even a bit 'meh'--you're STILL better off with that woman!

Kisses, hand grenades and coconuts included.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 07:33:42 PM by robert angel »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2019, 12:11:08 PM »
I coulda shoulda died several times from my previous history, namely to put it nicely: "Unhealthy Living Habits" I was just a rock and rolling accident before age 40 for sure. I was ten feet tall and bullet proof, a sponge of substances and I knew it (then) but it's hard to remember all the car wrecks alone sometimes.

And now, going into the quarter stretch or longer I guess, and only now am I FINALLY living and eating different, better.

Like the great Mickey Mantle, who thought he had a hereditary disease that would take his life by age 50  and as such the Yankee great slugger (Dennis Levy is smiling somewhere) lived a NYC star fast  wicked life said: "If I knew I was gonna live this long, I would've taken better care of myself "

But anyway, got a great woman. Nothing's perfect here or there, but the way I figure, if it's better with a latina -- filipina  for you 51% of the time and 'other' 49%~~~~is even a bit 'meh'--you're STILL better off with that woman!

Kisses, hand grenades and coconuts included.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mrd14PxaUco

From WAYYYY outta town...

« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 02:53:10 PM by robert angel »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 300