It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: brand spankin' newbie here  (Read 2055 times)

Offline artbyc

• Probie
brand spankin' newbie here
« on: August 07, 2008, 08:15:57 PM »
This is my first time doing anything like this, but here it goes.
I'm 38, divorced and raising 4 kids on my own. I am African-American, average build and weight, and I have always had an attraction to Latina women. I am financially stable (not rich by any means), working full time and after 4 years with just me and the kids I'm getting the itch to settle down again.
I'm definitely not looking to jump in , spend all my money and get married right away, but i want to meet some interesting Latinas.
Ive browsed some of the forums and read (and reread) the "avoiding scams".
I guess I just want to meet that special lady no matter how many I have to go through to meet her.
Thats all for now.

Offline Jeff_2

Re: brand spankin' newbie here
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 08:20:31 PM »
Welcome to the board.  You'll find this place, and international relationships in general, to not be for the faint of heart.   ;D

Good luck!

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 10:38:40 PM »
Hey Art. Happy to have you.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 10:38:40 PM »

Offline singlefather no more

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 11:53:45 PM »

Art,

Welcome to the Forum and ask any question you like in the general discussion of the Latin Forum.. You will find a lot of posters from the Asian side posting in both forums also and they have a lot of good advice as well that will be useful to you..

All the best,

singlefather

Offline artbyc

• Probie
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 08:30:36 AM »
Thanks singlefather...will do.

C

Offline dennislevy

• pick a realistic goal and do it.
  • Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 12:01:29 PM »
Art:

Good luck.

If you want to ask specific questions, there are a lot of posters who have experience in traveling to South America.

Let me recommend that you go to.....................Latin America and/or South America. You very well may have a life altering experience.

dennislevy

Offline lswote

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 07:00:22 PM »
Welcome Art, my name is Bruce.  Thanks for your introduction.

I have a Colombian wife and have been married about 5 1/2 years and we have a 4 1/2  year old son together.

Without any disrespect meant to you in regards to assuming anything about your financial situation or what you might already know about the cost of getting a foreign wife, I thought I would touch on the costs you can expect with a foreign wife. You said 
I'm 38, divorced and raising 4 kids on my own. I am African-American, average build and weight, and I have always had an attraction to Latina women. I am financially stable (not rich by any means), working full time and after 4 years with just me and the kids I'm getting the itch to settle down again.
I'm definitely not looking to jump in , spend all my money and get married right away, but i want to meet some interesting Latinas.

Since you have a family of four kids to think about, I am sure money is going to be a big consideration for you.  This forum isn't exclusively for foreign brides living in their native countries.  Many foreign-born Latinas live in the United States and Europe, and I will touch on them a bit before I finish this post, but if you are thinking of looking for a wife by going to their country, I will give you an example of the costs I incurred with my Colombian wife.

I met my wife in Bogotá in 2002.  I met her at an introduction agency and started dating her on my second trip.  I live near Miami so I was able to visit her every other weekend, so we got on a pretty fast track to marriage.  We were engaged within six weeks and married within six months.  In total I made twelve trips to Colombia by the time we got married.  I also paid for the wedding completely, including her dress and a one week honeymoon in San Andrés/Providencia, Colombia.  Altogether I spent $20,000.  I think the wedding was about $3000 and I don’t remember the cost of the honeymoon, but it wasn’t too expensive, maybe $1500.   So I guess roughly I spent $15,500 on agency costs, airfare, and hotels.  Now most of the other guys here who have Latin wives will tell you I got off cheap.  I have friends who have spent several times that amount, and aren’t even married yet.

Now you can meet foreign born Latinas outside Latin America.  Where I live near Miami there are tons of them, and many of them do look to online social networking/romance sites to meet American/European men (and other countries as well, but USA/Europe seems to be the largest majority of posters on this board) so there are online places you can try to meet these “local” Latinas.  But if you do consider a Latina in the US or Europe, make sure they are a foreign-born Latina or you are just dealing with another American/European woman.  Those women will probably retain some of their Latin culture but they are more American/European, than Latin. While there are a few disadvantages to marrying someone outside your culture, the advantage is they are less critical of appearance and easier to get along with than American/European women. In my wife’s case the biggest disadvantage has been the gray view of the law she has.  About a year ago she sideswiped a car while backing out of a parking spot and didn’t leave a note or try to find the owner because she didn’t want to report the accident to insurance since she already had three accidents before.  Also when I had my own business a few years ago, she got angry when I wouldn’t hire undocumented employees because she said they would have been cheaper.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 07:02:20 PM by lswote »

Offline raycjs

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 02:28:43 PM »
Welcome and i wish you the best of luck

Ray
Ray from OHIO

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members