It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Why Colombia?  (Read 263 times)

Offline AndyLee

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Why Colombia?
« on: August 22, 2016, 07:39:00 AM »
I´ve lived in Colombia six years, in several different cities. I am very happy that I found what I came here for. It took a little longer and cost a lot more than I thought it would, but I´m happy where I´ve wound up.
When I first decided, back about the turn of the century, that I wasn´t doing well finding a wife in the US I turned my attention overseas. My hope was to find a good woman to marry and bring to the US.
First I got on a couple Asian and Russian websites and corresponded with a few girls. When I checked out traveling to Ukraine or Thailand or Philippines I had two options; do a self-guided trip, or join one of the dating agencies running trips to those countries.
In the end I didn´t pursue any of the options, primarily because of distance and cost and because I found something more interesting. Colombian women.
The logistical and personal differences were pretty clear between Europe, Asia and Colombia.
1. Travel time from eastern cities of US to Colombia is a few hours, not days and there are dozens of flights each day.
2. Travel costs to Colombia are a fraction of what it takes to get to Ukraine or Thailand or Philippines. Exchange rates in Colombia are very favorable and visiting here a few times each year is fairly inexpensive.
3. Spanish is an easy language to read, write and speak compared to Russian or any of the Asian languages.
4. Colombian women are more my type; physically, emotionally and intellectually. I think European women and Asian women are attractive, too, but the Latinas just stir my  imagination and my libido in a more satisfying way.
5. Colombian women are more accepting of age differences between men and women, not just with gringos, but also within their own people. This is true in parts of Asia and Russia, too.
Planet-Love played an important role in my journey, first with finding answers to many of my questions, and secondly with being able to share knowledge and information with other gringos.
Now I´m at a point where I can give something back to the expat community. I can share my experiences and talk about traveling and finding a woman in Colombia with some degree of authenticity and frank openness.
I hope beginning travelers will ask me questions and I hope other experienced travelers will chime in with answers, too.

If you are unhappy change something. Quit your job. Move. Leave your miserable relationship. Stop making excuses. You are in control.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 107