It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Colombian Women - People Too (I'm an idiot)  (Read 6119 times)

Offline quelindo

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Colombian Women - People Too (I'm an idiot)
« on: February 24, 2012, 05:40:37 PM »
Alright, I was almost tempted to literally delete my identity and start from scratch out of sheer embarrassment but that's neither practical nor necessary.  I will own up to my idiocy and perhaps can relate a few lessons I've learned from my experiences thus far with Naty, a stunningly beautiful Colombian woman from Cartagena who has lived in Miami for 4 years.

I honestly and genuinely was to the point of cutting ties with this beautiful girl...my dream girl!  She was a little upset with me, as the prior weekend I was out very late until 5AM and just not totally buying into everything and keeping a little guard up by passingly lightly flirting with other women.  I was afraid she wasn't totally genuine so I did that, probably because I'm jaded from my crazy ex.  Well after Saturday she straight up ignored me until Wednesday night.  It was strange though because she was on Facebook sometimes and so was I, but she didn't ever pop me a message or anything.  I also didn't realize how much she works, and I love that she works hard.  That's hot.  Well, sometimes "work" is being a seat filler in Miami or just looking hot...but still.  Anyways, she hits me up Wednesday from a DIFFERENT Miami number!  It was her temporary cell, she dropped her phone in the toilet Saturday and had the worst week!  I thought she ditched me, but she was calling me to say hi and finally catch up...and we had a little umm, well she wasn't happy with me but I guess she realized I cared quite a bit about her and I admitted how I felt.  I guess it was at this point where we truly felt close to one another and now things are much different.  We told each other how we genuinely care etc and it's great.  I told her also that I had no interest in other women but I'd do a better job to make sure she knows that, and just that I'm happy to be with her and she'll see that in the way I act.  So...yah I'm an idiot.  I also feel bad the way I was talking about her, because she's a person and one I really like at that, and so I don't want to talk about her as an object or a hot woman and I don't think she'd appreciate me sharing too many details between us so in the future I may try to just share main points and keep the details to me.

Anyways, Naty has lived in Miami 4yrs from Cartagena and she's 21 and brother is 23 I believe.  I really do like her particularly as a person, and she really is absolutely stunning - much like Sofia Vergarra (another Costena).

Well I took a few miscues early on based on both me being jaded from a horrific ex-girlfriend and because of a misjudgment of Colombian culture/dating.  Initially, the first week or two of our "courting" I played it pretty cool as I would with an American girl, although she was obviously much more affectionate.  If she didn't answer me though for instance, I'd just let her chill a while until she got back to me.  I think it helped establish that I'm not a pushover.

I didn't realize how much the girl liked me, because I think I was again thinking along the lines of typical cold-hearted, fake, guarded, American women.  So, I didn't do Valentine's Day nearly as well as I should have nor did I go visit her as soon as I should have.  I still haven't but I'll explain later.  What I learned though was that yes, Colombian women are of course still women, but they really don't behave at all like typical American women.  Yes, I know they play the game but if a girl is genuinely interested in you she'll show that and you just need to make sure you're not too stupid to notice.  Don't think she's trying to play you, just go for it.  Another important thing to note, and I did this myself, is that we tend to get this idea of "Colombian women" as some type of mythical sexual goddess or whatever you might say - but that causes us to not always think of these women simply as people.  I made sure to erase that, and stop over-thinking things although I will agree she's quite cunning and you should keep your head on a swivel.

I speak pretty decent Spanish, and without this never would have happened.  Seriously, learn Spanish if you want a good girl.  Some good signs regarding Naty that told me she's genuine and well why I just adore her: 1) I knew her for quite a while 2) She has a great family, her brother just graduated Law School in Colombia and her family seems very nice in Miami 3) We discussed our hopes/dreams and have a great match 4) She works pretty hard now and is educated/smart 5) Not slutty 6) She asked if I had ever been arrested, as she wants a good guy (I like that) 7) She doesn't talk about material things overly 8) She is very honest and up front, as she told me she always would be (love it) 9) She recently told me "she genuinely cares for me, but not in a creepy way.  Like I would take care of you if you were sick and I would walk Tobey (my dog) for you." 10) She asked me to come to Colombia with her this Summer 11) She offered to help me with my Spanish and is very sweet about it 12) I said her family seemed nice and she said I think you'll like them! (guess we'll meet when I visit soon) 13) She always asks me what is my favorite _____?  Favorite food? Favorite place to visit?  Do you like dogs? Etc...questions showing she genuinely wants to know me as a person and she remembers the answers.

So as you can see I'm very excited, but those were some things I looked for at the start and as we progressed talking over a month.  She's completely genuine and I think you should just realize it's not unusual for Colombian women to fall quite in love quickly and it's not fake, they are just very open and passionate.  It threw me off because I've had American women do so then when you show genuine interest they withdrawal or play you.  As you hear typically, she is very proud of her culture but also likes learning of the USA, she is also very big on her family.  Both of those are great ways to endear yourself to a Colombian woman.  Talk about your family, ask about her family.  Ask about Colombia.  Be knoweldgable about Colombia.  Let her teach you things, and tell her thanks!  Remember things she teaches you.  If she uses a phrase to you one day, throw it back at her a few days later maybe (La Vida es un ratico / Life is but a moment...) and I use that often with her now and it's kind of like "our thing".  Hmm...I found most Spanish speaking women find your Spanglish to be extremely cute if they like you at all and know you're genuinely trying - so don't worry!  In a man, I would say she values Confidence, Ability to provide a good life, Sense of Adventure, Passion, Romance, Genuineness, Sweetness, Intelligence, Character, Loyalty, Optimistic, Affectionate, Thoughtful, and being a little bold.

As you guys say, Colombian women absolutely do want to be showered with affection.  I don't think you could ever give enough from my limited experiences.  Don't "smother" a girl, but I don't think you're going to go wrong by being overly affectionate with her.  Also, if you're not that up on Spanish - know that it's common to use Mi Amor/Mi Quierido and some phrases without necesarrily implying the same depth as the American "I love you".  She told me specifically "Oh baby baby that is the best word you Americans have, I just love how it sounds".  So, she loves that word and I'm sure she's not the only one.  If I am very serious about something or want it to have extra impact, I'll say it in Spanish to her.  Now that we're closer, we regularly switch back and forth casually, but initially I think that really mattered.

Hmm...I think if there's any ways she passingly sees other women are attracted to you, but you clearly demonstrate you don't have interest in them and only her - it goes a long way.  She doesn't outwardly admit her jealousy.  She found it endearing that I was slightly jealous...so just think of her mindset, be genuine with your girl, be loving, be thoughtful, treat her like a person, and I think you will find Colombian women to be the most warm, passionate, genuine, and just most amazing women I've encountered.

Of course, my experiences are limited to Naty.  Of course I told her in Spanish, she was the first Colombian woman I knew and I would be perfectly happy if she was the last.  She liked it.  So, don't worry about being a little overboard on the love talk but take your guide from her.  Old fashioned women though, so take the lead and be a man about things.  Humor is universal.  Be a good guy, they really value that.

KC

Offline quelindo

Re: Colombian Women - People Too (I'm an idiot)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 05:58:08 PM »
I think that what really turned the corner for us was:

1) Me telling her how I felt about her, in Spanish, in pretty flowery but also very real and genuine language

I realized she really liked me, so I took the lead, and explained that to her and that I was sorry if I had sent the wrong message but I really have no interest in other women.

After I told her that, she told me how she genuinely cared about me, etc...and it was just wonderful.

2) We had the cultural differences discussion, and likewise both agreed we'd just discuss it if we were feeling confused

I told her I felt confused about a few things because she's the only Colombian woman I've ever know and likewise she thought I was busy/not totally interested at times.  It's a great talk to have, because you may both take miscues not meaning to but if you have that talk it surely helps.

3)  We had a little fight.  She called me "un nino!" and she was pretty mad, and it was super sexy to me...because I could tell that she obviously cared quite a bit about me and I dunno that angry Spanish is just hot.  I think we also agreed if we ever did get mad, we'd just make love basically...so that never hurts.

I think though it's common for any relationship...once you have some type of little tussle/quarrel, as long as it's in good intention and she can see you may be a little annoyed/upset but it's only because you care - you're in for good.

I'd say we're at the point where we're both basically exclusive and she's quite public about our romance and likewise.  My next step is to fly out to Miami ASAP and visit her and her family.  I'm going to Cabo on a company trip this next weekend but I'll be out there ASAP afterwards.  I would imagine I'd ask her to be my girlfriend at that point and enjoy an amazing weekend.  Next step, if possible would be to join her this Summer in Colombia.  I think after that we'd continue courting but it would be pretty obvious if we'd be approaching that whole marriage thing and if it would work.  I think she would be able to visit me once I visit and meet her family and they all love me of course.

To be continued - thanks guys, I appreciated your advice and boy am I an idiot

Offline Chris F

• Spouse's Country: Peru
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 06:14:52 PM »
Quelino,

I have to ask if you have a lot of experience with women at your age. When was the last time you had a girlfriend?  How often do you date?

With all due respect, you can across to me as someone who has very limited experience with women due to the fact that you appear completely "p***y whipped" over a woman who is giving you attention whom you have never met.

No disrespect intended but I have to call a song by its title.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 06:14:52 PM »

Offline beginthebeguin

• WOVO - is a go
  • Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 06:24:45 PM »
Don't overthink the relationship. But it is good that you have exerienced a little 'drama' already and moved on from there. And I like the idea that you are letting her know if you are going to be 'out of pocket' and unavailable on occasion. That is a great trust builder.
Her need for affection comes with the territory. Eventually you will find little cues that lets you know when she needs a bit. Sometimes it is only a phrase she will use once in the conversation. Hell, you seemed to have found a few of them already from your latest report.   
"Any club that would have me as a member I wouldn't want to join." - G. Marx,  not Karl

"Now children all colombianas you meet on the internet are bad. Muukay". - Mr. Makey

Offline braziliangirl

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 08:20:56 PM »

Offline Ray

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 08:39:34 PM »

Offline stnmasn

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 09:25:13 PM »
Amazing stuff....amazing!!

Offline Micky

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 10:06:59 PM »
"LIKE SANDS THROUGH THE HOURGLASS,  SO PASS THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES"

Dear Abby,
Never mind.

Micky
Don't crap on my 2 yard line!

Offline fathertime

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 10:21:09 PM »

This is the funniest thread I’ve seen in years!  Phony posters commenting on other phony identities!      As soon as somebody actually meets ‘btb’ or ‘ql’ I’ll eat my Vuelteado ![size=78%] [/size] :D  Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline quelindo

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 02:55:19 AM »
I'm not a guy that dates a ton of women but I'm also young.  I'm 26 - I've had 4 serious girlfriends and one of them happened to be totally insane and I gave myself a year to get past that but yah I'll admit it effects me.  I'm not proud of it.

I know it's funny and all, but I was trying to genuinely share my experiences in case any other young guys came here and wanted advice - because I sure did...well advice from someone I could relate to I suppose.  I see Naty as a person, a woman, and a lovely Costena - so I won't talk about her as an object or anything less than a lovely respectful woman.  She deserves that, as do we all.  Even my dumb ass.

Anyways, thanks and all....I don't see any reason to continue posting here.  I'd appreciate if I could delete my profile but don't know how to do so - but yah....my bad.  It was kind of I guess personally difficult when I loved a girl I grew up with, who happened to be a state winning opera Singer and stunning half Persian beauty, but yes I shouldn't of fallen in love but forgive me I give todos de mi corazon y mi amor porque no sabes nada mas. She cheated because "her best friend committed suicide".  It was very hard when me and "the love of my life" were to pick out our own apartment! Our first place!  I show up to pick her up for our big day and she is sleeping with someone else =/ so yah whatever make fun if you want but I had to sign a lease that day tears in my eyes or not.  Sorry, it was gut heart wrenching. forgive me, I just couldn't walk away on a woman in distress even if she treated me so bad.  I just thought she'd get out of it if I stayed stong to her...my childhood sweetheart but no. So yes, I stuck around too long but I was noble in intentions. etc...But umm yah I broke up with her (for cheating) once I knew I had to do so....then that's when 6 months later she broke into my apartment w/ 2 others and stole everything I own.  Shower curtain, silverware, everything.  Mind you, I was so brokenhearted and I just finally went to Lake Charles with my guy friends and she somehow knew and well called me, told me how worthless I was, and said she was going to take everything from my apartment at 5AM in Lake Charles.  I was just crushed but couldn't drive home then so I slept it off, woke up early, ruined my vacation and went home.  Sure enough, she wasn't lieing.  6 empty beers, smoked cigs, and all my stuff gone =/ I just wanted to shower so bad after the ordeal but no shower curtain.  Oh yah, my close friend Robbie also blew his brains out the same month...for no reason.

Anyways, yah forgive me for being a bit jaded and/or immature on relationships, as I'm actually quite mature and I'm not proud that I am influenced by the past sometimes.

So, yah I guess no one needs to take advice from me but I was just trying to share in a frank and open manner so that perhaps younger guys could relate.

I have dated many women but I do regret that my past experiences make me not as good of a person.  I had the best of intentions and a good heart, but I didn't know what to do.  I was a twenty-something after all.

Yes, I made a stupid mistake and acted immaturely/non-trusting with Naty but I wanted to share it so maybe others would appreciate my self-deprecating honesty and learn from my stupidity.

I don't see a need to call me out the way you did, because previously I felt everyone was very constructive and sage in their advice but I guess my situation is weird and I'm younger than most of you.  Sorry, I don't want "all Colombian women", I just want Naty and I am falling for the girl and wanted to learn how to be a better lover/partner to her.  That's all.  Thought I'd share my experiences too.

Okay?  Really, please if the Mod could just delete this or if you could give me direction to delete my profile that'd be great.  Nothing to gain here, but I appreciate you guys anyways.

PS - I wonder how many successful relationships men who go to Colombia solely to meet a women have had in their life?  I guess everyone else has successful relationships?  Please, do share your secret.  Lord knows I tried.

Anyways, I'd like this profile to be deleted but if not that's fine - I just don't need to come back.

Best,

KC

Offline braziliangirl

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 08:42:11 AM »
Hey Quelindo,

I apologize for our bad behavior towards you. Deep inside we all wanted to help, but you are right. We are not used to have people as young as you around. We assume people have been through a lot and learned from their mistakes. We also assume they are not into games anymore.

If you stay around, and have a little patience with us, I promise you are going to learn a lot. And best of all, with other's mistakes, instead of yours...

Best,
BG

Offline Chris F

• Spouse's Country: Peru
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 12:03:25 PM »
.  I see Naty as a person, a woman, and a lovely Costena - so I won't talk about her as an object or anything less than a lovely respectful woman.  She deserves that, as do we all.  Even my dumb ass.

Anyways, thanks and all....I don't see any reason to continue posting here.  I'd appreciate if I could delete my profile but don't know how to do so - but yah....my bad. 
Q,
How do you know ANY woman is "lovely and respectful" that you have NEVER met???Your comments just support  my conclusions of your lack of experience with women.
Sorry of your going to go away crying.  I do believe you will be back due to the fact that you have decided to "announce your exit."  These type of posters ALWAYS return here.

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 03:57:23 PM »

I cannot hear you playing!  Need subtitles for that  8)

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 03:57:23 PM »

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2012, 04:08:09 PM »
Mr QueLindo

You live in Houston but she lives in Miami which is very far away.  She can always find US man in Miami which will be extra difficult for you.

In my opinion, I believe it is best if you find a Colombian woman in Colombia or in TEXAS if she is living in the USA.  I am not saying it is impossible for you to find another Colombian woman in Miami, but the chance will be lower.

First of all, you need to forget about your 'Sofia Viagra' in Miami, and focus on your future.  You need to think about what type of woman you want from life.  "Hot" woman like Miss Viagra?

I wish you the best of luck in your search ;)

Offline Ray

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2012, 05:01:50 PM »

...if you could give me direction to delete my profile...

"Delete my profile"? Now where have I heard that before?   

Sorry, but I ain't buying any of this nonsense...

Offline V_Man

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 03:59:41 AM »
Why are you guys so critical and hard on this guy?
He said he was young. He even called himself in idiot.
He seems to have figured out on his own that playing games is silly.
Now he says he is going to go visit her asap.
What more do you want?

He came here asking for advise. Not abuse. Sheesh!

Lighten up guys!!
Dumping on a young guy who wears his heart on his sleeve does not illistrate wisdom.

Quelindo, I hope you do keep posting on here.
I'll give you a dollar for every poster here who has never made a mistake in love.
mmmmm - looks like my money is safe.  ;)

Quelindo:
(a) go visit her asap.
(b) If you like her, go with her to Colombia
(c) Don't marry her for another 5 years.

Offline beginthebeguin

• WOVO - is a go
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2012, 07:08:03 AM »
V_Man sez
Lighten up guys!!
Dumping on a young guy who wears his heart on his sleeve does not illistrate wisdom.

Next thing you know FT will be on here telling us all the the Quelindo is another false personality that one of his enemies dreamed up.  ::)
"Any club that would have me as a member I wouldn't want to join." - G. Marx,  not Karl

"Now children all colombianas you meet on the internet are bad. Muukay". - Mr. Makey

Offline fathertime

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 12:11:56 PM »

Next thing you know FT will be on here telling us all the the Quelindo is another false personality that one of his enemies dreamed up.  ::)

He IS another false personality, you and he are the same person just telling silly stories for fodder to be used elsewhere for giggles.  I am satisfied to simply call it out!

So has any long time poster ever actually seen 'btb' or 'quelindo'?  I don't think so and none ever will either. He is one strange bird!

Fathertime! 
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 04:40:15 PM by fathertime, Reason: repaired a quote »
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline beginthebeguin

• WOVO - is a go
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 12:35:52 PM »
Gee FT i can't speak for quelindo but last time I looked in the mirror I was rather shocked as to how old I have become so maybe, just maybe, that makes me real.
I can assure you that quelindo is not btb and btb is not quelindo. Don't pile delusion ontop of more delusions. If I wanted to really screw with your head I would be much more inventive about it.

I am not sure if quelindo is real maybe he is not. One will never know. And what would satisfy your conclusion of disbelief to prove that he does exist? Whatever it is he will have to do that on his own.

BTW what ever got it into your head that I am a made up online 'personality' anyway? Was is someting I said?  ;)

Offline fathertime

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2012, 01:03:39 PM »
Gee FT i can't speak for quelindo but last time I looked in the mirror I was rather shocked as to how old I have become so maybe, just maybe, that makes me real.
I can assure you that quelindo is not btb and btb is not quelindo. Don't pile delusion ontop of more delusions. If I wanted to really screw with your head I would be much more inventive about it.

I am not sure if quelindo is real maybe he is not. One will never know. And what would satisfy your conclusion of disbelief to prove that he does exist? Whatever it is he will have to do that on his own.

BTW what ever got it into your head that I am a made up online 'personality' anyway? Was is someting I said?  ;)

i could provide many examples of how it all doesn't add up in your case, but why waste any real time on the matter, your writing style always gives it away... later, btb, i mean vallentoman, i mean colocorozon, i mean quelindo!    I'm curious what techniques you use to bypass the website security! So who has webcammed/spoken with/met in person any of the aforementioned posters.  Nobody I'm guessing, or maybe you should resurrect vallentoman to vouch for you.  :D

Fathertime! 
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Ray

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2012, 01:07:13 PM »

I just wanted to shower so bad after the ordeal but no shower curtain."

Now how can anyone contain their laughter after a line like that? I don't think anyone could make this stuff up, so maybe he is real... real stupid!

Yes, this guy called himself an idiot and I didn't hear anyone disagreeing with him. After a couple of weeks of Facebutt encounters he is already talking love, marriage, "girl of my dreams", and other assorted nonsense.

And after everyone tells him to get on a plane and go see if she is at least a real female and not a drag queen, he continues to make more excuses why he can't go to Miami yet.

Yeah, he'll go there ASAP... maybe next year?

So you think it is because he is young? Hell, he sounds like a 12-year-old, not 26!

All this silly juvenile drama is just that...silly juvenile drama.

Ray

Offline fathertime

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2012, 01:17:14 PM »

Now how can anyone contain their laughter after a line like that? I don't think anyone could make this stuff up, so maybe he is real... real stupid!

Yes, this guy called himself an idiot and I didn't hear anyone disagreeing with him. After a couple of weeks of Facebutt encounters he is already talking love, marriage, "girl of my dreams", and other assorted nonsense.

And after everyone tells him to get on a plane and go see if she is at least a real female and not a drag queen, he continues to make more excuses why he can't go to Miami yet.

Yeah, he'll go there ASAP... maybe next year?

So you think it is because he is young? Hell, he sounds like a 12-year-old, not 26!

All this silly juvenile drama is just that...silly juvenile drama.

Ray

exactly Bozo!   

I got a real chuckle out of my favorite 'quelindo' line: 

I just want Naty and I am falling for the girl and wanted to learn how to be a better lover/partner to her. 

Fathertime! 
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • Russian Women Discussion
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2012, 02:27:24 PM »

i could provide many examples of how it all doesn't add up in your case, but why waste any real time on the matter, your writing style always gives it away... later, btb, i mean vallentoman, i mean colocorozon, i mean quelindo!    I'm curious what techniques you use to bypass the website security! So who has webcammed/spoken with/met in person any of the aforementioned posters.  Nobody I'm guessing, or maybe you should resurrect vallentoman to vouch for you.  :D

Fathertime!

FT - please reply to my PM.

BTB - please look for a PM from me.

- Dan

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2012, 02:27:24 PM »

Offline V_Man

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2012, 04:31:49 PM »
Father Time - please do not assign quotes to me that I clearly never said.
You have taken something BTB said and claimed it as a quote from me. Please correct your mistake.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2012, 04:40:37 PM »
Father Time - please do not assign quotes to me that I clearly never said.
You have taken something BTB said and claimed it as a quote from me. Please correct your mistake.

While I was quoting btb i did not take out the beginning of his post in which he mentions you, which makes it appear the btb quote was coming from you.  I'm sorry about that, the quote was from 'btb'.  It was not intentional and has been corrected.

Fathertime! 
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats