It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Tips on using Latinamericancupid  (Read 27691 times)

Gato4Astrid

Re: Tips on using Latinamericancupid
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2014, 07:37:24 PM »

Plenty of legitimate ladies on LAC though.

I also met my 2 ex-novias via LAC too, but it took me thousands of profiles/interests/letters etc

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2014, 08:39:06 PM »

I also met my 2 ex-novias via LAC too, but it took me thousands of profiles/interests/letters etc

Same thing for me when I was on CC and LAC. You have to sort through a lot of BS but if you're vigilent and don't let all the BS discourage you, you can find some nice looking, sincere women.

Offline michaelb

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2014, 11:07:52 PM »

Like Lou Reed sang in "Walk on the Wild Side" it appeared "He was a she" or rather she was a he.  I got out of there real fast.  I don't care what a guy does to himself. That is "his" business. But I really hate false advertising....

or how about this one? Well I'm not dumb, but I can't understand why she walks like a woman but talks like a man.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2014, 11:07:52 PM »

Offline Fosgate5

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2014, 08:55:34 AM »
Oh man, could you imagine. You meet some woman online, get the time off and the money together to go see her without plans to see do a full tour or meet others. You finally meet only to find out she's really a lady-boy! Or even worse you find out after a night of hard drinking. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oku-pyicxGs  :o

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2014, 09:26:49 AM »
There are 'he shes', 'transgenders' (pre and post) lady boys and other terms, but even sharp guys can get taken. In Asia, where the transgender surgery is mind boggling, I have heard a number of times from gals and guys that the prettiest women are actually guys who 'switched over'.

If you don't think it could happen to you, follow this thread:  http://www.planet-love.com/index.php?topic=5879.msg73120#msg73120

I know this guy well and the gal he eventually married is a great, real lady, so eventually it worked out, but did he ever get taken for a ride before he met his current wife!
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2014, 05:45:56 PM »
or how about this one? Well I'm not dumb, but I can't understand why she walks like a woman but talks like a man.

Ah yes, Lola is a classic: 
"Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls,
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world..."

Ray Davies wrote some pretty spectacular rock and roll songs in his prime. "Waterloo Sunset" being one of my favorites from that era. 

Offline Fosgate5

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2014, 07:06:44 PM »
So do you guys get your best prospects to approach them first or just let them approach you first? Not sure what cultural differences might demand.

Offline Fosgate5

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2014, 09:46:31 PM »
I notice some women immediatly drop their number, skype handle and whatsapp info. While some may be legit, I don't really trust them because if I say, no I'm fine here I need the translation service, they seem to disappear after that. Anyone have any opposite experiences?

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2014, 10:39:29 PM »
Don't be shy with these women. Just go for it. As has been stated, you will have to sift through a lot of sand/junk to find a jewel.

Yes, in general I'd be skeptical of women who are dropping all of their personal information with zero or minimal previous contact. 

If a girl is bent over the hood of a car in a bikini in her profile picture and her desired age range is 18 to 99 you know to run away unless you are looking for a hooker.  On the other hand, I've seen plenty of sincere girls drop their Skype or Whatsapp info pretty quickly. So as the old saying goes, "Trust but verify."

Offline Calipro

« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2014, 02:37:44 AM »
I notice some women immediatly drop their number, skype handle and whatsapp info. While some may be legit, I don't really trust them because if I say, no I'm fine here I need the translation service, they seem to disappear after that. Anyone have any opposite experiences?

I used Colombian Cupid in a different way than most I guess.....I would join a month before going down and give women my phone number and email address in the very first message and tell them when I would be arriving...The ones that get it...got it.

It's worth it to send more than one message if the chick is hot because they get so many that you can get lost in the shuffle. Looked in one of my ex-girlfriend's Colombian Cupid accounts after she hadn't looked in it in over three months....she had 800 and some messages waiting for her.

I don't think I would turn down a skype handle as it would immediately let you she what she looks like for real and if you have her whatsapp info that means you can call her anytime and that can't hurt a guys chances.

Offline bernard

« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2014, 06:34:46 AM »

Looked in one of my ex-girlfriend's Colombian Cupid accounts

Out of curiosity, why and how did you do that?  Seems a little odd, with all due respect. Did she give you her log in info and password?  And why would you want it if so?

Offline Kiltboy1

• She Loves What's Under The Kilt
  • Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2014, 08:20:08 AM »
 I met my wife online 9 years ago on some website that is gone now and i  March we will celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary, but it can be done. Others here as well me their wives online. I have dated maybe 50 ladies from LAC over the years and to me, that sight is very easy pickings’ if you know Spanish. If you do not know Spanish, then it is indeed a crapshoot to understand the intent of what the lady is trying to say.

My suggestion is spend more time learning Spanish and less time on the gun range and you should do very well. Most Latinas I met hate guns just an FYI.

KB

She Loves What's Under The Kilt !

Viva Ecuador !

Offline Gavan

« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2014, 09:37:52 AM »
I met my Peruvian ex on LAC back in 2005. She was a nice girl (not a scammer) and I am still friends with her and her family in Peru. When I went to Peru all her single friends and sisters also signed up for the site LOL! Most of them didn't find anyone they liked, but her sister did meet an American guy on LAC, got married and is now living in the US. They have been together for almost 7 years now. So yeah, that site can be good.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2014, 09:37:52 AM »

Offline Calipro

« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2014, 10:53:36 AM »

Out of curiosity, why and how did you do that?  Seems a little odd, with all due respect. Did she give you her log in info and password?  And why would you want it if so?

We were talking in bed one night about our Colombian Cupid experiences and curiosity got the best of me so I asked if I could have a look in her old CC account and she said "yeah OK". So I grabbed the laptop and she logged in. We had been together a little over three months and really didn't have anything to hide....I showed her mine as well...a little embarrassed that I only had about 30 or so messages. LOL!

Anyway the point I'm trying to make is that the CC experience is very different from the women's  perspective.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 11:09:12 AM by Calipro »

Offline bernard

« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2014, 11:09:10 AM »

We where talking in bed one night about our Colombian Cupid experiences and curiosity got the best of me so I asked if I could have a look in her old CC account and she said "yeah OK". So I grabbed the laptop and she logged in. We had been together a little over three months and really didn't have anything to hide....I showed her mine as well...a little embarrassed that I only had about 30 or so messages. LOL!

Anyway the point I'm trying to make is that the CC experience is very different from the women's  perspective.

Yeah, 30 wpuld seem a bit on the low side from my limited experience on CC.  Bad profile pics maybe?

Offline Calipro

« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2014, 11:46:59 AM »

Yeah, 30 wpuld seem a bit on the low side from my limited experience on CC.  Bad profile pics maybe?

Not the greatest pics....but when you post pics of yourself with other chicks on your CC profile you do elicit responses from women that are more interested in partying  than getting married. So in that sense they worked.

Thing is it would be almost impossible to get as many responses as the women because there are just so many more guys than women on the website......until you see both sides of the equation you just can't see what a sausage fest CC really is. And begin to understand why it is that women are so flaky on the site. If a chick really opened, read replied to all of her messages and checked out all the profiles.... it would take up more than an hour out of each and everyday.....if the chick was hot anyway.

I think the  thing that set me apart from most other guys on the CC website was that I wasn't really trying to get to know them online....I would just chat them up a bit to build some rapport and then let them know that I wanted to meet them when I arrived on a particular date.

I used to put more of an effort into CC but the flake rate is so high with no shows that just use it in passing anymore....if I never did skype with the chick the flake rate was more than 50 percent...if we took the time to skype the flake rate was quite a bit less.

I would never set aside a friday or Saturday night for a CC chick. Mostly I would try to meet them in the day to see if there was chemistry before setting aside a night for them....of if they were the type that wanted to bring a friend then I would have them meet me out at a club were I was already going to be with my friends.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 03:55:58 PM by Calipro »

Offline benjio

« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2014, 04:35:14 PM »
My experience on CC is similar to Cali's. Contact girls in the city you're going to be in, send them your number and email and see what happens. I will admit that if a girl was exceptionally attractive I usually went the nice restaurant route first thing (if they even bothered to show up). Sometimes it worked out, sometimes it didn't. Had some absolute disasters, made some good friends too though, tried to build some relationships and failed. You can't predict it though. My LatinEuro stories are even more interesting. That's the site where you just purchase a bunch of contact info and send out some blind emails....maybe even make some blind phone calls. You'd be surprised though. The absolute hottest girl I've dated in Colombia from Neiva, I met on LatinEuro. As I've stated before on numerous occassions, I messed that up bigtime. But they're out there. Don't let the fakes discourage you.

Offline Fosgate5

« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2014, 10:00:28 AM »
I have to ask something when it comes to the topic of Mulatto's in Columbia. On LC a woman who is Mulatto early on states she is poor because she is darker than most etc. Has a job, does everything on her own etc. This set off a couple of red flags in my mind. I have a two thoughts on this and maybe a reason to avoid a woman who makes such a statement early on may have a much harder time adapting to my community. I live in the mid west where ethnicity is dominantly white Scandinavian and minorities are a few black, mexican, russian, ukrainian and somali that work primarily at meat packing plants etc. Within this community it's still remembered our grandparents still spoke their native Norwegian and Swedish tongue but refused to allow us kids to learn it because their parents shaved their traditional beards, learned the native customs and tongue in an effort to blend in and doing so permits them the opportunity of the American dream. Now with this there is a strong distaste for illegal immigrants and the people who employ them which is primarily illegal mexicans right now. With this my thought is she one that will always have a chip on her shoulder and quit? Is she trying to escape her situation more than looking for love? This has my intuition clicking as I remember how some people on this site state they prefer to visit such and such city due to fewer mullatto's etc. Am I totaly wrong in my thinking and should not be concerned.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2014, 12:13:36 PM »
I have to ask something when it comes to the topic of Mulatto's in Columbia. On LC a woman who is Mulatto early on states she is poor because she is darker than most etc. Has a job, does everything on her own etc. This set off a couple of red flags in my mind. I have a two thoughts on this and maybe a reason to avoid a woman who makes such a statement early on may have a much harder time adapting to my community. I live in the mid west where ethnicity is dominantly white Scandinavian and minorities are a few black, mexican, russian, ukrainian and somali that work primarily at meat packing plants etc. Within this community it's still remembered our grandparents still spoke their native Norwegian and Swedish tongue but refused to allow us kids to learn it because their parents shaved their traditional beards, learned the native customs and tongue in an effort to blend in and doing so permits them the opportunity of the American dream. Now with this there is a strong distaste for illegal immigrants and the people who employ them which is primarily illegal mexicans right now. With this my thought is she one that will always have a chip on her shoulder and quit? Is she trying to escape her situation more than looking for love? This has my intuition clicking as I remember how some people on this site state they prefer to visit such and such city due to fewer mullatto's etc. Am I totaly wrong in my thinking and should not be concerned.

I think it should mainly effect what look YOU like--the look, be it skin tone, body type and most importantly, personality that she has.

Prejudice is going to a be a problem for any foreign born woman coming here. If not for looks and them thinking "people like her prevent MY people from getting jobs' but for how she speaks English too. I think you need to think "I dig her--never mind about the others". Sad statement is that generally speaking, the darker your skin, the more the jerks  are likely to have an attitude. Even in their native countries.

Having a "You and me against the world" or "F--- em--they don't count--it's what I think and like" attitude can help once you get to that point.

Sadly, it's not just the general US population that has issues, but sometimes even a guy's family isn't that kind about the woman's origins.

But speaking of 'attitude'-if she's making excuses for being poor because she's darker skin--if she has an inferiority complex already, I see issues down the road. I know you're not thinking this way, but never ever marry someone--no matter how nice and pretty she may be, because in some way you feel sorry for her. My first wife was an orphan in the Philippines, had an awful childhood and I married her in part because I thought I could make her happier and get past that. Didn't happen.

A lot of people can't figure out what ethnicity my wife is, but once they interact with her and see what an incredibly nice, yet hard working 'team player' she is, it is the  case where if the few people (and I'm sure there are some) that resent her because she's different in not just her looks, but in how she's so positive and doesn't buy into gossip--the other people--almost all of whom adore her, would shout their sorry asses down.

In most nations, there's going to be women, sometimes city-area specific, who have darker or lighter skin--like the differences between Medellin, Barranquilla and Cartagena women. There's also going to be varying levels of sophistication and educational levels that follow certain demographics.

But still, the best advice is ignore others ignorance and go with what rocks YOUR world.

Offline Fosgate5

« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2014, 12:54:09 PM »

But speaking of 'attitude'-if she's making excuses for being poor because she's darker skin--if she has an inferiority complex already, I see issues down the road. I know you're not thinking this way, but never ever marry someone--no matter how nice and pretty she may be, because in some way you feel sorry for her. My first wife was an orphan in the Philippines, had an awful childhood and I married her in part because I thought I could make her happier and get past that. Didn't happen.

But still, the best advice is ignore others ignorance and go with what rocks YOUR world.

Exactly what I'm worried about. I have the attitude that I could care less what people think of me. What I do care about is her and that she is happy (Cause if momma aint happy, nobody is happy). She can rock my world all she wants but when it comes down to it if she is not happy, I would more than likely be miserable.

Offline benjio

« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2014, 01:11:48 PM »
Exactly what I'm worried about. I have the attitude that I could care less what people think of me. What I do care about is her and that she is happy (Cause if momma aint happy, nobody is happy). She can rock my world all she wants but when it comes down to it if she is not happy, I would more than likely be miserable.

You'll be very hard pressed to find a woman that doesn't care what anyone else thinks.

Offline whitey

« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2014, 01:43:04 PM »
In Colombia it's much more common to hear someone described as moreno/morena rather than mulato/mulata, even though these words have different meanings ... it's just more common to hear a reference to the colour of their skin rather than the mixture of their race.

I'd be sensing a possible red flag too if a woman starts bringing all this up in a negative way so early in the process of getting to know her.
Hablo espanolo mucho bieno!

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2014, 02:43:44 PM »
Nobody can make you or her feel inferior unless you let them.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2014, 02:43:44 PM »

Offline Calipro

« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2014, 03:09:57 PM »

One thing you should come to terms with is that...any woman that is seriously considering moving to a foreign country and leaving her family friends and every thing she has ever known her whole life.... is trying to escape her situation. And almost every woman is looking for love. The only thing you got going for you in this scenario is the two are not mutually exclusive.

So I strongly suggest that you focus all of your attention on finding a woman that rocks your world in the sack and just loves you.....wants to spend every waking hour with you...and will do anything you ask without question. And you'll never know which one that is until you actually meet in person.

You can find chicks that speak Engilsh and are used to going to a job everyday and it still won't work out if the chick is not absolutely crazy about you.......or you can marry the chick that is really, really into you and it doesn't matter how hard adapting will be because she will do it no matter.

Can't find a woman that loves you.....then go for the neediest chick you can find that has a child and go for the slave master type relationship....some last surprisingly long.

So at this point in the search....the only thing you are trying to do is get as many highly attractive women to meet you in person as you can.... so you can see which ones really want you for you....that is it. And you will never be able to do that online. Some chicks that were cool to you on line will be all over you when they get to know you in person and the ones that you had great rapport with will sometimes lose interest in you almost immediately after meeting you in person.

Worst thing you can do is spend so much time with a particular woman online that she and you feel some kind of obligation to spend time together when you finally go to see her. The both of you should be spending time together because their is nothing you would rather be doing and not because you have so much time invested in an online romance that you feel stupid walking away after spending an hour with her.

In the unlikely event that you actually find two or more women that are so hot you just can't seem to pick one and they seem to be madly in love with you...then by all means come back to the board so we can help you invent some kind of horrible "[snip] test" to put these women though to find the one that really and truly loves you more than the others. Because the only two things that matter are how sexually attracted you are to her and her love making and how much she truly cares about you.

Don't even think about picking the close second in caring about you just because she speaks english or some other characteristic that you THINK will help her adapt to American culture. YOU will be the deciding factor and this is all about YOU.

Offline benjio

« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2014, 03:18:56 PM »

One thing you should come to terms with is that...any woman that is seriously considering moving to a foreign country and leaving her family friends and every thing she has ever known her whole life.... is trying to escape her situation. And almost every woman is looking for love. The only thing you got going for you in this scenario is the two are not mutually exclusive.

So I strongly suggest that you focus all of your attention on finding a woman that rocks your world in the sack and just loves you.....wants to spend every waking hour with you...and will do anything you ask without question. And you'll never know which one that is until you actually meet in person.

You can find chicks that speak Engilsh and are used to going to a job everyday and it still won't work out if the chick is not absolutely crazy about you.......or you can marry the chick that is really, really into you and it doesn't matter how hard adapting will be because she will do it no matter.

So at this point in the search....the only thing you are trying to do is get as many highly attractive women to meet you in person as you can.... so you can see which ones really want you for you....that is it. And you will never be able to do that online.

Worst thing you can do is spend so much time with a particular woman online that she and you feel some kind of obligation to spend time together when you finally go to see her....

Damn good advice... :)

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864