It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Tips on using Latinamericancupid  (Read 27693 times)

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Tips on using Latinamericancupid
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2014, 06:29:19 PM »
I think the younger, fashion conscious women hate plaid shirts. And Hawaiian shirts too. I wore Hawaiian shirts because they were so damn corny I thought they were funny--maybe the joke was literally on me. Guess I'm not the "Big Lebowski", lol. And boy, oh boy--does she HATE that whole movie too!

Anyway, those were the things my wife made disappear first. I can see her point of view and more than that, appreciate it, but I have some really nice denim shirts, worn (but not worn out) to perfection, that I still occasionally wear (to her dismay)--with jeans and my old cowboy boots--she's not really into them either.

If we ever split up, I'm screwed in many ways, most certainly including the fact that with her voicing her opinion on what looks best, we're pretty much all into into cotton and clothing wise and she irons every Sunday!
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2014, 07:38:04 PM »
Yer startin to sound a little gay buddy LOL..who is the Cowboy anyway, from Broken Butt ..errr. brokeback mountain?? ;D ;D

I go into a bar or club wearing skinny jeans, aldo hightops, and an armani exchange shirt that accentuates my muscle definition, and of course plenty of hair gel.  I start drinking about an hour before I arrive to the club so that I'm already "in my zone" when I show up.  As soon as chicks see my dance moves they can tell I'm exceptionally good in bed and then they just naturally start staring me down and approaching me.

Aww, since awesome remarked that: "El Cepillo" Peralta is a beast.  Albeit not the most handsome soccer player in the world, but a beast nonetheless." I figured that besides being his 'God and savior', that JJ Watt was his main squeeze...Talk about some serious cases of man love! ::) ;D

I don't know if the dance moves he talks about are salsa, square, round dancing, or the hokey pokey, but whatever, it sure seems like he 'turns it all around'...

Offline Elexpatriado

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2014, 08:10:39 PM »
Cant take a little abuse from a Crusty old fart :D :D  LOL???

Let's you and me go bar hopping together and see who gets more chicks.  :)

Oh and that "cowboy" is JJ motherf*cking Watt, the best defensive player in the NFL.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2014, 08:10:39 PM »

Offline Awesome

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2014, 01:30:47 AM »
Cant take a little abuse from a Crusty old fart :D :D  LOL???

Expat have you ever been to bucaramanga?  I've been reading up on it and it might be a great place to hang out for a while.  Great weather, low crime, very pretty scenery.  It's called "colombia's beautiful city" and there many universities based there.  And the best thing is NO GRINGOS.  There are only two backpacker hostels listed there, as opposed to medellin which has FORTY hostels listed.  The metropolitan area has 1.2 million which makes it a big city but not huge compared to bogota, medellin, cali.  I think we need to get down there soon.  We'll have the whole place to ourselves.  All the women probably aren't trained to play the gringo for a fool like in other parts of colombia, maybe.  It might even be a good place to settle down long term.  I'm thinking it has all the same benefits as medellin, only better.  I'd imagine it also has less pollution than medellin.  I loved cali but the weather was just a little bit too warm for me(I hate breaking a sweat especially at night), not to mention its ranked fourth on the world's highest murder rate list.

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2014, 06:20:02 AM »
I should definitely go there for a visit (and maybe do the whole St. Gil thing too) , but I am in Manizales now, and I made a personal commitment to stay here long time. The only negatives about Bucaramanga I can see is it is a little isolated from the rest of Colombia and it seems a little hot for me (although Manizales is a little too cold and rainy, but I can always catch a bus or taxi and go 15 minutes down the hill to a warmer clime).

Expat have you ever been to bucaramanga?  I've been reading up on it and it might be a great place to hang out for a while.  Great weather, low crime, very pretty scenery.  It's called "colombia's beautiful city" and there many universities based there.  And the best thing is NO GRINGOS.  There are only two backpacker hostels listed there, as opposed to medellin which has FORTY hostels listed.  The metropolitan area has 1.2 million which makes it a big city but not huge compared to bogota, medellin, cali.  I think we need to get down there soon.  We'll have the whole place to ourselves.  All the women probably aren't trained to play the gringo for a fool like in other parts of colombia, maybe.  It might even be a good place to settle down long term.  I'm thinking it has all the same benefits as medellin, only better.  I'd imagine it also has less pollution than medellin.  I loved cali but the weather was just a little bit too warm for me(I hate breaking a sweat especially at night), not to mention its ranked fourth on the world's highest murder rate list.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 06:24:25 AM by Elexpatriado »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2014, 06:22:18 AM »
ok
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 06:23:56 AM by Elexpatriado »

Offline buencamino

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2014, 01:21:20 PM »
Armani shmarmani gucci smoochie the chicas don't give un culo de rata. They know any pelao can get that stuff pirata in El Centro and only el gato could tell the difference. They do care about teeth. I was with an ex-novia in Chipichape once when we ran into a gringo aquiantence. Later she said el es un rico no? I said why? and she said porque tiene dientes buenos...To her good teeth, well cared for by his dentist were a clearer indication of the guy's wealth and status than any clothes he was wearing. Asi es in Colombia...

Offline Awesome

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2014, 04:36:52 PM »
Armani shmarmani gucci smoochie the chicas don't give un culo de rata. They know any pelao can get that stuff pirata in El Centro and only el gato could tell the difference. They do care about teeth. I was with an ex-novia in Chipichape once when we ran into a gringo aquiantence. Later she said el es un rico no? I said why? and she said porque tiene dientes buenos...To her good teeth, well cared for by his dentist were a clearer indication of the guy's wealth and status than any clothes he was wearing. Asi es in Colombia...

Once again I can tell what type of women you associate with by what you say in your posts.  The fact that your "es-novia" sees a guy with good teeth and right away she relates that to how much money he has tells me eveything.

Wearing gucci or armani isn't about showing that you have wealth or status, it's about having good taste and style.  Certain people can recognize and appreciate that, I'm not surprised that you're not one of those people bc.

Offline whitey

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2014, 04:52:17 PM »
What buencamino said about teeth had a ring of truth to me.

I've never asked my parents why, but for some reason when I was a kid I had braces on my top teeth, but not the bottom.  Consequently my top teeth are nice and straight, but the bottom are a little crooked ... not something you see in a smile but must be a little visible when I talk.

Anyhow, one of my wife's cousins said the same thing to me ... you are a rich gringo, why do you have crooked teeth?

If he is thinking it, some other people are as well.

Colombians will pretty much say to you whatever comes to mind ... not much of a filter ...
Hablo espanolo mucho bieno!

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2014, 05:45:58 PM »
A lot of times there's not much that a Filipina will clearly state exactly what she wants in a mate, or what she would not accept (a womanizer and a heavy drinker, drug user most common exclusionary 'exceptions') and while the age range acceptable to many is quite wide, a good number do want you to have your own teeth and to know that you practice good oral hygiene.

Two of the things that amaze me (maybe it's three) is that even poor people--and I do mean 'poor' typically have cell phones (if just for texting) and many have teeth that look good and if they don't, they somehow come up with money for braces. A lot of Filipinas who come to N. America still have cavities and need dental work, but their teeth are usually very white and pretty nonetheless.

Offline bernard

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2014, 09:02:11 PM »

Ummm.  My teeth are perfect also...anything else?  Sorry I forgot to mention it. Yes, and the chicas do care about a well dressed man,   Wouldn't (nor ever did) dress that way in Cali, but in a high class club in Bogota is a different story.   Was ALWAYS complimented on my style in Cali.   Anything else?  Strange your ex novia was attracted to HIS teeth and thought it rare that HIS WAS perfect.   Crooked teeth smooked teeth...no wonder she is now an ex.   LMAO...surely you can find a an affordable odontologo in cali.   Awesome made a great point in his post.  Take heart...

And I've been to El centro in Cali haciendo compras and I 've NEVER seen knock off Armani or Gucci clothes or shoes.  However I have bought some VERY fashionalble Bata brand shoes in Cali and also Color Siete shirts and slacks.  Might want to check those out Old Camino.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 09:15:07 PM by bernard »

Offline buencamino

« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2014, 06:39:45 PM »
Well Old bean in the end it comes down to this. I am gloriously happy living in Colombia, I have a stunningly beautiful girlfriend who treats me  fantastic in every way, I have a spectacular finca and a 2015 model SUV. I wouldn't trade my life with any of you for (another) love or money...(and I have great pearly whites ja ja). If you and that miserable pissant Aw Shucks want to spend your posts on PL championing your haberdashery well by all means knock yourselves out.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2014, 06:46:21 PM »
Well Old bean in the end it comes down to this. I am gloriously happy living in Colombia, I have a stunningly beautiful girlfriend who treats me  fantastic in every way, I have a spectacular finca and a 2015 model SUV. I wouldn't trade my life with any of you for (another) love or money...(and I have great pearly whites ja ja). If you and that miserable pissant Aw Shucks want to spend your posts on PL championing your haberdashery well by all means knock yourselves out.

How refreshing--someone who's credible and is actually doing it, living and loving it, instead of talking a lot of crap about at best, half baked schemes and themes.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2014, 06:46:21 PM »

Offline bernard

« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2014, 07:59:35 PM »

Until you invite me to your finca, introduce me to your girlfriend, show me the SUV, and flash me your pearlie whites, there is no way I can believe what you just wrote.   This is the internet, in case you didn't know.  Happy to see that Robert is buying it though...and he only wrote one short paragraph, not the rambling 8-10 that he usually spits out.

By the way El Camino, what class of barrio girls are you hanging out with who believe that only rich gringos have nice teeth?   Very curious indeed.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 08:21:31 PM by bernard »

Offline fathertime

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2014, 08:54:47 PM »
Hey Bc,

Three questions/comments here:
1.  I've read things that lead me to believe that driving around in a brand new 2015 SUV or any late model car can be trouble, but obviously it hasn't concerned you.  So what is your viewpoint on this subject?

2.  You have a finca.  If you don't mind me asking, are you growing anything on the property?  If so, how is it going?  It would be interesting (to me) to see a photo or two someday

3.  Thanks for using the world Haberdashery...I don't think I've EVER seen the word so I had to look it up! I wonder how you would say that in Spanish!

Fathertime!   
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2014, 11:29:38 PM »
Past here things went south.  So I split it off and sent it to the flame room.  Go there for the continuation of Tips, Rants, and other Flames.

~Mod Bob

...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.
- "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2014, 01:25:22 PM »
Past here things went south.  So I split it off and sent it to the flame room.  Go there for the continuation of Tips, Rants, and other Flames.

~Mod Bob

Thanks again Awesome and Calipro

Offline Fosgate5

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2014, 10:27:16 PM »
Any tips to get past the scammers? I just signed up and just a few hours later I get a message from this woman. Sends me pics. here is the conversation.

Subject: HI

I found your profile interesting and i would love to chat more with you,you can email me and i will reply with my pictures honestobehewaa@yahoo.com  (Her profile states she is 31, seperated and has a 1yr old living in Bogata)
  Adol    October 21, 2014 10:28 PM   
     Hello. xxxxxx@yahoo.com
  October 21, 2014 10:37 PM

thank you for your responds do you have yahoo messenger i can add you on, so we can chat there  (Whats wrong with using the service?)
  Adol    October 21, 2014 10:38 PM     
     Tell me about yourself? Your past, your vision for your future.
  October 21, 2014 10:41 PM

Well i can't say much...am Dorothy and i am 30 years of age,i am currently in Ghana West Africa and do you have any problem with long distance relationship...  (Her profile shows she is 31 living in Bogata, Oh you mean near Nigera, the country notorious for scamming Americans)
  Adol    October 21, 2014 10:43 PM     
     I don't. Sorry. :(
  October 21, 2014 10:43 PM

i have sent you my pictures let me know when you have them
  Adol    October 21, 2014 10:49 PM

Anyone recognize the sign in the back?

Have you been to the United States before?
  October 21, 2014 10:56 PM  No dear do you have my pictures in your email
  Adol    October 21,    Not yet
  October 21, 2014 11:01 PM
           Check again or email me so i can reply to it honestobehewaa@yahoo.com
  Adol    October 21,    Got them! You look fabulous!
  October 21, 2014 11:03 PM
           Thank you,you can email me there and we can keep in touch and you can tell me more about yourself..do  you have skype or any other IM we can chat more there
  Adol    October 21, 2014 11:04 PM     
   There are some things that are not adding up and my intuition is telling me not to. Sorry, Have a good day.
 October 21, 2014 11:07 PM

By this time Her profile says it's still pending approval and she has no pics etc (which made me cautious from the beginning). Stuff just does not add up, She went dead silent after I called it.

Offline Fosgate5

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2014, 10:33:41 PM »
And just like that all her notifications and profile is gone as if she wasn't there.

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2014, 08:23:02 AM »
Any tips to get past the scammers? I just signed up and just a few hours later I get a message from this woman. Sends me pics. here is the conversation.

Subject: HI

I found your profile interesting and i would love to chat more with you,you can email me and i will reply with my pictures honestobehewaa@yahoo.com  (Her profile states she is 31, seperated and has a 1yr old living in Bogata)

Before I read further, I knew she is from Africa by judging the name of her e-mail as well as "yahoo"

One good positive thing about these African scammers are that they are poor liars!

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 08:26:06 AM by Gato4Astrid »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2014, 08:45:26 AM »
Tips on getting past the scammers? Well, it's pretty much down to experience. Seems like you've already got an eye for it. Ghana is as common as Nigeria for scammers and yes, they're easier than some others to spot. Just because they use yahoo isn't a sure red flag though.

Like Mama said, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. If she's THAT hot, cute, whatever and then even has an education and speaks amazingly good English, you can be sure you're in a long line, especially if she has a profile number that's old. Of course they can redo profiles so they look like fresh goods anytime.

I don't like pictures that are too 'professional'--airbrushed, photoshopped, etc. Heck, some will even superimpose their heads on some other woman's body shots!

If there's almost no modesty--if it's half naked profile pictures taken at hotels, bars and resorts, plus for her 'occupation' it says 'other'--well, you do the Math....

It all boils down to taking time and more time and balancing out the fact that almost all of them have several guys in play and unless you commit to visiting within a certain amount of time, you'll be relegated to the end of the line.

I like ladies with some education, who may post somewhat conservative pictures, but are pretty enough that you can just imagine what they look like all 'dolled up'--heels, makeup, nice jeans, a blouse, swim suit, lingerie, etc.  "Diamonds in the rough', perhaps.

Once you're better at sifting and sorting and hopefully not fixated on just the 9 and 10's that would probably be hopelessly high maintenance down the line anyway, then once you get them on cam and Skype and certainly when your Spanish gets to a conversational level, you'll be able to make better decisions much easier.

Offline Fosgate5

« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2014, 09:39:44 AM »
I'm sure I'll get another one shortly as this was just my first few hours. I'll try to maybe have a bit more fun with them and if so post them again maybe to show some signs. Also what was curious to me was the use of "Dear". I don't know that I have ever met a latino that uses that word. I have however met British and Africans who do use that on a common basis. Am I wrong in thinking that latino's in general do not use that word?

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2014, 11:43:05 AM »
Just because they use yahoo isn't a sure red flag though.

No, but 99% of Colombian women do not use Yahoo.  A potential red flag though.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2014, 11:43:05 AM »

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2014, 11:45:37 AM »
Fosgate

When any women who are on "pending", do not bother to get to know her until they have approved them.   Things have changed in the last 1-2 months.  Before that, any women can write to you without ever getting approved by the admin.

I have received few "pending" profiles but many of their profiles were switched off by admin!

Again, at least 95% of Colombian women write in Spanish regardless if you already know Spanish or not.  I already know of the English-style of these African scammers. 
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 11:48:59 AM by Gato4Astrid »

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2014, 07:31:39 PM »
Don't feel too bad fosgate.  About 9 months ago I met a girl on LAC from Brazil who was living in Michigan. We took it to Skype and I sensed something was wrong almost immediately. 

Like Lou Reed sang in "Walk on the Wild Side" it appeared "He was a she" or rather she was a he.  I got out of there real fast.  I don't care what a guy does to himself. That is "his" business. But I really hate false advertising....

Plenty of legitimate ladies on LAC though. I met a girl from Peru once through LAC who was visiting the U.S.A. We met in person in my city. There was no chemistry in person but she was nice and not at all a scammer. I've also met nice ladies through LAC in Colombia.  And of course, there are several guys on P.L. who have met their current or future wives through LAC.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 07:37:14 PM by Hector_Lavoe »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864