It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: My Trip to Philippines  (Read 14963 times)

Offline z_k_g

• Gimingaw ko sa akong uyab!
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: Resident
My Trip to Philippines
« on: October 07, 2011, 08:25:58 PM »
Sorry this is posted late.

This was my first trip to the Philippines.  I had planned to go in June of 2010 but couldn't and my work kept getting in the way.  The thing was I wanted to stay a full month and that was hard to plan. 

Finally I was able to schedule the time, 1 month from March 26 to April 26.  This was to be split between Hong Kong, which was where my sweeties older sister lived and 3 weeks in Bohol, where my sweetie lives.

I've traveled quite a bit and having been to Asia many times there was no novelty in the flight.  It was the first time I flew Cathay Pacific however and this will be my future airline of choice to the Philippines.

My plan for this trip was multifaceted but pretty much like  any other the many others before me.  Firstly I wanted to meet my sweetie, a young woman I had been emailing, chatting, skyping and texting for over a year.  Secondly, I wanted to visit her hometown, meet her family and friends and see her world.  Finally, I wanted to make sure this was the woman for me.  What would take me over a year, 12,000 miles of travel, over 24 hours of flight time, would be  decided in the first minute of our meeting and looking at and holding each other in real life. 

All probably decided in one minute.  Scary. (Expensive too!)

Anyways, Since I was going to Asia for pleasure, I decided to mix in a bit of business.  My plan was to go to Hong Kong first conduct my business, meet my sweeties sister who works there as a domestic and then complete my business and fly to Cebu then take the Ferry to Bohol and spend 3 weeks there.

I booked my ticket $1600 roundtrip and I was set.

I departed March 26 and Arrived in HK at midnight.  I won't get into details about HK but if you've been to NYC, multiply that times 5 and you got HK.  Its a great place to visit, very expensive but worth it.

I got there on a Monday and spent most of the week conducting business, eating good food and playing pickup basketball with chinese boys half my age! 

You would never appreciate and know the sheer number of Pinays that live in HK if you were just to live there Monday through Saturday. 

But on Sunday!!! 

OMG this place has more Pinays in one place than probably anywhere in the world.  Most of the pinay domestics have Sunday off and they congregate in Central HK and its a sight to behold. 

Major Eye Candy!

I planned to meet my sweeties sister Emily and we were to spend the day together.   I was excited and nervous at the same time.  What would she think of me?  It was a long walk from my rented apartment to our meeting place at the HK ferry terminal.

When I arrived there she was beautiful, stunning and a real looker.  I got a big smile and a bigger hug the surprised me, so much for pinay modesty!

We spent the late morning and afternoon eating, talking, meeting even more pinays and just touring HK.  We even went to the Kowloon side to see the sights!

Emily assured me that I was in for treat that evening!  That night I got a real introduction to HK nightlife, pinay style!

Let your imagination broil on that one!  ::)

That will be in my next post.

Zulu
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Offline thekfc

• No man was ever wise by chance. Seneca
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: My Trip to Philippines
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 09:44:26 AM »
Nice report so far Z.

Since Cathay Pacific (CX) will be your future airline of choice, I would recommend (if you haven't done so yet) to join their FF program. They have 2 separate programs - Asia Miles (AM) & Marco Polo Club (MPC). AM is their travel rewards program while MPC is more of a loyalty (status) program. AM is free and your miles is valid for 3 years while MPC is $50 to join and your status is reset every year.

Once you gain status with MPC (it may take you a while - it depends on your flying pattern - a few long haul trips in a year/multiple short trips could get you there) the benefits are great. Their HK lounge is excellent - you can only get in if you have premium status,  fly first class (they also have a business class lounge), economy flyers can't get in unless they have premium status or is invited as a guest by a premium member. Also there is the added benefits of upgrades to upper class cabins, if you fly CX first class - you will get spoil.

$1600 for a March departure is kinda high for CX. Maybe you had a connecting flight to them thus having limited options or the cheaper fares were all booked.

I visited HK 4 times last year (I only wrote about 1 of the trips in the forum) and each time I stayed in TST as that is where my close friend lives (free housing  ;D ) and it is a very beautiful city. I didn't find it that expensive, well compare to my hometown NYC. Next year I plan to visit HK & the PI and this time I will go to Lanlau Island.
If we were all forced to wear a warning label, what would yours say?

Offline thekfc

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 10:26:53 AM »
To add to the above, you can be a member of another OneWorld member's program and fly/book on CX but credit your miles to your other OW program - e.g.,  fly on CX but your miles is credited to your American Airlines or British Airways program.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 10:26:53 AM »

Offline z_k_g

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 04:29:21 AM »

So to continue....

Every Sunday afternoon Emily took Karate lessons from a Pinoy Blackbelt.  She did this to stay in shape, keep toned and socialize with other pinays who had Sundays off.  She explained that it was better than drinking and partying all Sunday, which is what most of the pinays did on their day off.

We went to a nice Gym and I watched as she kicked the bag and did her punching and stretching exercices.  She was joined by 10 or so other pinays and a few pinoys.  As always, the girl to guy ratio was 50 to 1, nice odds if you are a single guy in HK!

After the Karate session, I was told it was time to wind down- translation....Drink and Party until the AM!

We walked for a few blocks and ended up to me what looked like an apartment building.  Lots of Pinays were going in and a few pinoys.

Our crowd followed.  The building was packed!!  On the inside every floor had hundreds of pinays, in hallways, stairwells and in individual rooms.  Seems as though each room was a bar and a small club.

We continued until we reached our party destination.  It was off the hook!  People were lined up outside, but inside it was packed.  We got a table and squeezed in!  The beer stared flowing and it got wild quickly.  Apparently these pinays have nothing to do all week except for work, and it showed!

Emily was watching me very closely, for good reason.  There were a lot of very beautiful pinays, very young, very drunk and they were looking directly at me!!  I was the only foreigner in the room!!  I felt like a piece of fried chicken in the Memphis ghetto!  Hope I didn't lose you with at that one!  :-)   

I didn't make any moves or for that matter drink very much.  I felt like this was a test of some sort so I was determined to pass!  At one point Emily told me to take a look at a rather strikingly beautiful pinay who was dancing on a table nearby.  She had been looking at me from the moment I walked in and I had been checking out her sexy gyrations and she was putting on a dirty show for me!  She could really move her body.  Emily said, "you see her?  My sister dances like that too!!  You will really like her."  I was all smiles!!

Then she hit me with...."and she looks better than that girl, you are a lucky guy to have her because many pinoy have tried to court her, but she is all yours!"

That was enough for me.  Needless to say, I passed the test!!!

I looked but didn't touch or do much else.  I danced some with Emily and simply enjoyed eyeballing the wild and endless throngs of drunk young pinay releasing their pent up frustrations on the dance floor, in chairs and on tables.  You gotta see this to believe it!

I didn't get home until 4 am.  What a night.  Emily was still at the party when I left. :-)

The next day I left for Cebu, on my way to Bohol.  As my Plane started to land in Cebu, I couldn't get the image of that beautiful young pinay that looked so much like my sweetie dancing and gyrating to the music out of my mind.

If my sweetie was anything like this pinay, this was going to be a very interesting 3 weeks in the Philippines!

Little did I know that I was in for a lot of surprises!! ;)

Tune in for the next installment....same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel!!

Zulu

(Picture of Emily my sweeties sister)
(Scene From the Pinay House Party)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 08:38:25 AM by z_k_g »
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 07:26:06 AM »
Nice trip report, and good luck in your future with her.  Lovely pic of her too ;)

Offline z_k_g

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 08:35:56 AM »
Nice trip report, and good luck in your future with her.  Lovely pic of her too ;)

Thanks Gato!

That picture in my post is my sweeties sister who lives in HK!

Zulu

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 09:19:08 AM »
Nice reports Zulu,

I have often heard that Hong Kong on a Sunday for Filipina watching is quite a sight. I always hoped that on my first trips to the RP, that I might end up with a  maybe 18 hour or so lay over in HK, but it never worked out.

When I was still 'shopping', I had a few Filipina friends who lived there (HK) and on Sundays when we cammed, it was sometimes on a laptop in the center of a party.  They were most certainly wild and crazy, showing skin and all---it made me think for sure. I think they feel more free to 'let off steam' there than they typically do back home. I hear the bars (certain ones) there are really hopping on Sunday too, but what you described as sort of looking like an apartment building--that's new to me, but it makes sense.

My wife's still pretty young, but  back in the province where her family lives, I have seen things change in terms of 'dancing'. They always had some dancing during festivals, but my wife and her 19 y/o sister, never really learned 'contemporary' dancing, but the youngest sister, who's 15 y/o, has it down. They're's a video--karaoke machine in their barangay and I remember seeing stuff that was really sexy in terms of video and even rank, lyric wise. Cable TV finally made it there and before that,  DVD videos of uber sexy, 'frisky' cheer leaders on series like 'Bring It On" became all the rage, even out in the stix and even the kids have 'So Cal' cheer leader moves down, pom poms and all.

So while my youngest sister in law has all (actually most--NO grinding for sure--she dances with her female friends) the dance moves down, her older sister in between her and my wife, sort of didn't get into that and is too busy in nursing school now like my wife was into engineering. It was funny when my wife got here. I took her out to some clubs and basically had to show her how to dance, plus she learned by watching others.
A lot has changed there in the last ten years!

I'd guess that pretty much any kid in the bigger cities can 'bust a move' now, as well as most kids out in the provinces--it seems like it comes really natural--the moves and all. Once in a while here, we hit a multi level club that has Latin--Salsa mix on one floor, hip hop on another and techno mix up top and we have a nice time--one thing for sure, is all eyes are on her and if I go to take a leak, all the strange wolves are hitting on her!!

It's nice that your babe's older sister was nice enough to 'show you the sights'--a great start to what sounds like a great trip. I bet she texted or e mailed her approval of you to your sweetie before you even had a chance to talk to her! Thanks for the report, keep the pictures coming and looking forward to the next installment!

Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline z_k_g

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 11:45:38 PM »
On with the trip....

I arrived in Cebu and got a hotel room.  I was pretty exhausted from staying up all night partying.  I arrived too late to take the last ferry to Bohol so I just got a hotel room and ventured out in the streets of Cebu.

My first stop was to reload my Smart Pinoy Sim card at the local gas station.  The Smart pinoy is a pretty cool SIM that you can purchase in the USA and use on the Smart network in the Philippines.  You cannot make phone calls but you can text.  Seeing as most pinays never make calls just text that works out pretty good.

Next I went to McDonalds and had a quick bite.  I got lots of looks from the locals but they were all pretty friendly so it was cool.  A few even spoke which was nice.

Next I got a Taxi to the Alanya Mall?  I think that the name.  Its a pretty nice mall and I saw lots of expats. 

This was my first taste of the Philippines.  The stores were full of young attractive women, it was kinda cool. 

It was April, but not so hot.  I'm used to 100+ and 110% humidity from the deep south so I'm used to hot humid weather.  It was ok and bearable but not uncomfortable.

I didn't attempt any conversations, but I kept a mental note of the situation.  Lots of women with that "look" if you know what I mean. 

After a full day in Cebu, I got on the supercat and headed to Bohol to finally meet my sweetie!!

I had been waiting over a year for this moment.  I was very very excited.  I purchased my ticket at the counter.   Mistake!  You will over pay.  Get your ticket at the mall, its cheaper, quicker and no lines.  You can even check your bags there also, but I don't think I'd go that far, but would recommend purchasing beforehand.

I had 3 bags.   1 large, a small carry on, and a shoulderbag with my netbook and electronics gear.  It was very very hectic at the terminal, crowded, busy and confused.  After I went to two counters to get my ticket, pay my fees, and check my bags with another fee, i went through security.  I had gotten a 1st class ticket (another mistake) and was directed to a first class lounge.

This was the location of my first surprise. 

Let me explain.

Well, I took my seat, and decided to do some playing on my laptop.  Then I realized, I had left my laptop shoulderbag in the lobby of the extremely crowded ticketing area!! F*ck!! 

I was instantly depressed.  I rushed out of the lounge back through security and to the counter. 

My bag was still sitting where I left it,  untouched!!!!

It was sitting there and there was no one even at the counter.  A wave of relief hit me.  My passport, my wallet and a few thousand american $$, credit cards were also in the shoulder bag.  My entire trip would have ended right there at the ferry terminal!!

I checked and everything was there.  The ticket agent came back to the desk and kinda looked at me strangely.  She said "you left your bag sir, we were wondering when you would return to retrieve it!"  I wanted to kiss her!  (She was cute ok!!)

I just smiled and headed back to the waiting lounge.  Relieved and a bit more attentive and less starry eyed about my pinay waiting for me in Bohol.  I had to calm down and focus on my trip ahead.

I boarded the supercat.  The ride was fast, comfortable and uneventful.  They had wifi on board with was pretty cool.

I slept during the hour and half ride, when I woke the porters were announcing we had finally arrived in Bohol.  I started sweating!!!  hehe

I couldn't see the dock waiting area from the boat.  I texted Grace that I had arrived and she informed me that she was with two friends.  Why was my question to myself.

I got off the boat got my two bags and walked down the pier to the waiting area.

I scanned the lines of greeters.

There she was.....stunning. 

I've read this before from many posters that their sweeties look much much better in person that on cam or pictures.  Its absolutely true!!

I approached her she, was surrounded by her two friends, they were clustered together, it was obvious that they were protecting her!

She was very shy said hello just kinda looked at me and smiled!  I returned the hello and greeted her two friend whom I had chatted with before.  I took a step towards her to single her out for a hug, she took a step back and offered her hand.  I took her hand for a friendly shake.  I could feel that she was actually trembling and her palms were sweaty.  She was super nervous, I'm very surprised she didn't faint!!  hehe

There was a silence which her friends broke and they welcomed me to Bohol with more handshakes.  We then finally we got a taxi to take us into town to my hotel.

Guys....That was not how I envisioned my first meeting, it wasn't so bad actually.  Its just that I didn't think she would be that nervous! 

Grace was very very nervous and shy.  So much so I thought she was going to get cold feet.  I was concerned!!  I put that thought in the back of my mind and prayed it would get better from here.

In the taxi, she sat next to me but it was merely cordial, not very affectionate or intimate, just friendly.  She didn't talk the entire trip.  Her friends made all the conversation.

When we arrived at the hotel I went to my room (alone) while all 3 waited in the lobby.  Grace explained she had told her aunt and uncle that she would NOT be coming to my room.  That was apparently the only way they agreed to allow her to spend time with me during my 3 week stay!

That was my second surprise. 

I really didn't like that but I didn't have much of a choice in the matter.  She actually lived in the province, but lived in her aunts house in the city and had to obey all of her rules.  Her aunt is very well known and respected and since every one knew her niece was living with her she had to live up to the same code of conduct.

Also, she was to always have one of her friends chaperone!  (Great! :( )

We were not to be alone at anytime.  This was also a requirement of her aunt, but her friends were concerned because of the stories and gossip about foreign men "raping" pinays.  This became more of an issue because of a recently famous case in Luzon involving an American marine and a young pinay. 

Great timing for my visit right?

We were planning to go to the mall to grab a quick lunch, then all 3 girls would head to class.  Grace would return after class and we would spend our first afternoon together  (with one of her friend as chaperone of course)

Honestly, I had a gut feeling she would leave after a cordial lunch, text me that she was not interested and that would be the last time I would see her. 

Why? Because she was showing me absolutely zero interest!  We had chatted and cam endless hours and seemingly that pinay was absent and unaccounted for!  She was treating me like a stranger in some ways, not a man that she supposedly loved!

I was optimistict that things would improve, but I was prepared for the worst...it really didn't look good.

Well...I was not prepared for what happened next..... another huge surprise was headed my way.

....Read my next post....it gets more interesting!!

Offline Ray

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 12:21:27 AM »
Great report Zulu!

A note on chaperones for some of the new guys out there.

Chaperones are traditional and still in style in the Philippines, especially for young girls in the provinces. The chaperone is not there because she doesn't trust you or to protect her from rape, or it would be a big guy with a gun, not another young girlfriend.    :D

The main reason for chaperones is to protect the young lady’s reputation form gossips, by having a eye-witness to refute any salacious stories that others might make up. Also, having a threesome (or more) in the city dispels the idea that she may be a bar girl out on a date.

When visiting a young lady for the first time, you should expect her to have chaperones. If the chaperone suddenly excuses herself and disappears, all the better, but you shouldn't complain too much if she sticks around.

How old is the young lady if I might ask?

Ray

Offline thekfc

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 05:05:36 AM »
Which hotel did you stayed in while in Bohol?
I stayed at the Bohol Tropics when I was there.

Also the mall is Ayala - there are a bunch of them all over the Philippines. The 2 main "groups" of malls are Ayala & SM. We went to Ayala Cebu Center while in Cebu. 

Offline z_k_g

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 12:00:31 PM »
Three's Company?.....maybe not....

I was staying at the Metro Centre Hotel in Downtown Tagbilaran City.  From the outside not very impressive, inside however pretty nice.  They have small store that stays open 24hrs which is very convenient.  Service is pretty good and they have great security.  Pretty pricey tho by Philippine standards, 2300pesos ($57) per night.

The hottest nightclub, Atmosphere is located there also.  More about the Atmosphere later.

I had planned this trip for over a year and I am very detailed when it comes to travel.  It was now April 5th, and my sweeties 21st birthday was the day before on the 4th.

I had contacted her friend Yen (she is the one on the left) and we had been arranging a secret surprise birthday party with all of her friends and classmates.  We still hadn't worked out the details and at this point, would it even happen?

Also, I had told Grace to plan a formal dinner at a nice place that we would invite all of her family too.  It would be an opportunity to meet and greet everyone and then have some karaoke and dancing afterwards. 

As I as waiting for lunchtime I was hoping that everything was ok.  As I said earlier, she was very nervous and had barely spoken 10 words to me!  Her 2 friends Yen and Dez had done most of the talking and had been very very friendly. 

Lunchtime came and I got a call from the front desk, my Grace and our escort, Dez (girl in the Middle), were waiting.

Our destination was Bohol Quality Mall (BQ) which was not far down the street.  The girls insisted that we take the Trike because it was quicker.  A trike is the main mode of transport in Bohol.  My car taxi from the boat terminal was not the norm.  A trike is basically a motorcycle with a cart attached with at 3rd wheel.  Its quick (sometimes) cheap (most of the time) and they are everywhere and run pretty much 24/7.  They are not the most comfortable ride and noisy but for 30 pesos you can't beat them!

We got to BQ and went to the Island's only McDonalds.  The front door is guarded by an ARMED guard, interesting.  Anyways we ordered chicken with rice (i got fries) and we sat and ate.  They both were speaking cebuano and I immediately stopped that.  I asked them to speak english please!  they laughed and said "we are not talking about you! hehe".  We had a fun lunch and Grace was very talkative.  Things were looking up and I felt much better about things.

We finished up and did some window shopping.  Grace slowly started to gravitate closer and closer to me as we walked around the mall.  By the time we finished and it was time for her to head back to classes she was practically attached to me holding my hand.  Felt kinda nice, and it was totally unexpected!

We took the trike back to the hotel and the girls continued to class.  Grace told me that she would come after class, around 6pm and we would to the other mall Island City Mall (ICM) and check it out (with another chaperone).  She told me that she would have to be home by 8 or 9.

So for the next 3 hours I just kinda walked around Tagbilaran City.

The Philippines is a very interesting place.  There are some really nice houses, cars and most people dress nicely, they really take pride in this.  On the other had, its a very poor country.  Lots of beggers, thieves, scammers and people just barely making it.  My hotel room fee for the night was more than most here make in a month.  The streets are not the best kept and its generally pretty dirty from all the car and trike pollution. 

I just walked and took it all in.  There were some small children actually naked begging outside of the BQ mall.  Kinda depressing because they were dirty and pretty insistent for funds!  They only were targeting foreigners so obviously they knew we had tender heart strings.  They never once asked a pinoy for a piso!

Grace showed up promptly at 6 with Yen.  We headed to ICM mall on a trike.  This mall is much larger than BQ and very nice, comparable to any mall in the US.  We did more window shopping and then ate dinner at Chow King a chinese chain restaurant.  The food was actually pretty good and not just the usual "chinese" we are used to here in the states. 

We talked quite a bit with the girls asking me endless questions about the US and my family and everything else.  The ice was breaking and I could tell things were looking up!

Grace kept looking at her cell phone and texting the entire time every 10 minutes or so.  I was thinking maybe she has a bf that is texting her?  Yen was doing the same.  There was some planning going on here, I could smell it!! ;)

I just ignored this and we kept talking and enjoying our time together.

Around 8 or so Grace said "Yen must go home!"  I was thinking, well here we go, because no chaperone, no Grace!

We exited the mall and I expected to part company with both girls.

Then I got my huge surprise!!

Yen was heading home by herself because she lived opposite to my hotel.

And since Grace's auntie was close to my hotel she would be sharing a trike with me back to her place.

Awesome!

I was happy at last, my first time alone with Grace!  We got in the trike and she got very close to me and we were cuddled all the way back to my hotel. 

I was very happy! 

When we got to my hotel.....My next huge surprise....SHE GOT OUT WITH ME!!!!

I was at first confused and was thinking maybe she was catching another trike from here??

No, she was going with me to my room!!!!!

Now things were looking up, a few hours earlier I thought she was totally uninterested.  Now things seemed to totally change.  What I found out later was that the day front desk girls knew her family well and would be reporting everything and gossiping.  Grace had apparently asked them when there shifts were over.  They all left at around 7.  The night shift were girls that didn't know her, so she had planned this all along!

(At dinner Grace and Yen were texting each other!  Coordinating how they were going to keep up the chaperone facade and allow Grace a few hours with me alone.)

As we walked up the stairs to my room, she wrapped herself around my waist, it was nice!

Once in the room she gave me a proper welcome kiss and squeezed me so tightly it took my breath away!!  I was happy.  I was content.  What a woman!

She then looked around my room and immediately started to straighten things up and gather my dirty clothing.  I just watched in amazement.  She told me that she would take care of my laundry each day and have it washed every other day.

Once she straightened out everything she texted Yen (maybe if her aunt checked) and we watched TV and cuddled until about 9:30 and she had to leave.

My first day with my sweetie!

As I walked back to my room, I couldn't get the smile off my face.

I was happy and fulfilled.  All of my silly doubts dispelled.  This beautiful young woman adored me and I had found me a wife!

I really can't explain my emotions. 

What a day!

Next installment....Island Hopping and Birthday Surprise Party....

Zulu

(Me and Grace)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 12:24:18 PM by z_k_g »

Offline JWR

• Divorced after a 10 year marriage to a Colombiana
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 12:25:57 PM »
Zulu,
So you're 44 and out of all the thousands and thousands of girls in the Phils you picked a 21 year old college student.......
Well life is good! ha ha ha.....

Offline Woody

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2011, 12:57:40 PM »
Zulu,
So you're 44 and out of all the thousands and thousands of girls in the Phils you picked a 21 year old college student.......

Hey, can't really judge him considering that I would probably do the exact same thing if I were in his shoes. Well, almost. I tend to focus my search generally in the 23-25 range, but usually end up meeting someone in the 19-22 range. Then again, I'm 27.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2011, 12:57:40 PM »

Offline piglett

• your porkness
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2011, 01:15:21 PM »
it all looks good so far Zulu
don't keep us hanging man ....where is the rest ???

pig
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Offline thekfc

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2011, 01:17:28 PM »
Zulu,
We all choose who & what we want in life. It is what Zulu wanted & it is his right to do so and his life to live - he is the one who will reap the benefits or suffer the consequences of his decision. He is not there to satisfy the "masses".

Personally, I wanted someone a little closer to my age and went with a 30 year old lady (now 31).
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 01:26:44 PM by thekfc »

Offline z_k_g

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2011, 03:26:08 PM »
Island hopping....and a birthday surprise

The week went by pretty fast and was a lot of fun.  I met a lot of my sweeties friends, got to see more of the city and had a great time.

The plan for my first weekend was to go to Panglao Island and go island hopping.  Also Yen and I had secretly planned a surprise birthday party for my sweetie on the beach after island hopping.

I got up that Saturday morning around 7am and met up with everyone.  We took a jeepney (very crowded) to Panglao.  We were dropped on the main road and had to take a motorbike to the beach.

We took a long winding road, about a mile to the beach.  There were many beautiful houses along this road, mostly owned by foreigner and some overseas workers.  It was very beautiful and you could smell the sea air as we headed towards the beach.

When the road opened up to the beach it was simply beautiful.  The beach was pure white like sugar!  There was no garbage, sewage, trash on the beach (typical in Philippines). 

I traveled a bit further down the road to my villa I had rented and then came back to join everyone at the boat that would take us island hopping.

This was not a big boat and I was thinking I would get sick just from the bobbing and weaving.  I was wrong, once we started the diesel engine (very very loud) this thing moved!!  It was a catamaran style and just skimmed above the waves, besides the noise which was deafening it was a really nice ride.

We stopped at about 10 tiny islands.  At each stop the pinoys would jump in the water and snorkel or dive.  Pinays don't swim!  Not sure why this is because they are island girls and grow up no more than 20 miles from the sea!  I am not a strong swimmer so I donned a life jacket and jumped in with the guys.  After a few stops i finally encouraged my sweetie to do the same.  We had a great time!

As the sun started to set we headed back to White Sand Beach.  I started to text Yen, who was also on the boat about the setup.  Dez, who did not come, was taking care of the cake, she was delayed for 30 min so we would have to stall!

When we landed on the beach, I told my sweetie I was not feeling well and wanted to go back to the villa to lay down.  I figured I could stall for an hour max.

Grace was not happy with this.   At the villas she was restless and kept asking me why we had to come back!  She was concerned that I didn't like her friends or did not have a good time! 

Pinays are pretty strong willed.  Eventually she told me we were going back to the beach now!  Fortunately, Yen texted me a few minutes after we headed back.  The surprise party was ready!

We had to walk down a dark beachside path back to the party location.  As we apprached the spot it was dark and looked abandoned.  The all the lights came on and the surprises rang out!!

Grace was shocked!  She stood there for a second, started crying and ran away!!!

Yen and Dez followed her into the darkness and eventually she returned, but very emotional and teary eyed!

The pinoys started singing along with a guitar and we ate cake drank San Mig, baked chicken, fish and talked until 5am!

About 30 of her friends and classmates had showed up with gifts and food.  The only thing missing was lechon (roasted whole pig), which we had been too late to order!

After the party everyone settled in to sleep right there on the beach.   Grace and I headed back to our villa.

I had ordered a double room so she would feel comfortable.  We took our showers to get the sand off, kissed and snuggled for a bit, then she jumped into her bed and was fast asleep!

I read some and soon followed, in my separate bed of course!

It was a nice day on the sea Island hopping and the birthday party was fun!

At this point, I had not met anyone in her family except Emily her sister in HK.  The next day, Sunday was reserved for meeting her Auntie and Uncle who had been out of town all week.

My sweetie didn't exactly tell them that she would be staying in a hotel room with me that night, they are very protective and she would have been allowed to go.  She had simply said she was going to Panglao to a beach party with friends.

Sunday was my first test....her mother and father in the province would be relying on the aunties assessment.

I was nervous...

Next up....meeting auntie and uncle... the Boss Coffee screwup!!

Zulu

Pics
(Zulu and Grace)
(Birthday Cake)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 03:36:10 PM by z_k_g »

Offline Jaystone

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2011, 04:33:09 PM »
Great report Zulu!

Congratulations...you and Grace looked absolutely great together!  She is very beautiful.  You are a lucky guy! I hope for the best for both of you... Keep that report coming!!

Jaystone

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2011, 05:07:59 PM »
Thanks for sharing the photos Zulu!  Your lady is very cute.  Good luck with her.   
   Pinays don't swim!  Not sure why this is because they are island girls and grow up no more than 20 miles from the sea! 

I noticed that many of the Colombian ladies don't swim either!

Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2011, 10:03:34 PM »

I noticed that many of the Colombian ladies don't swim either!
Fathertime!
well my wife does swim , but i guess some don't

pig
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
  • Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2011, 10:26:38 PM »
     Great trip report Zulu! Sounds good so far.Thanks for posting pics and your posts are great to read.Very descriptive without being the least bit verbose!   

Researcher
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 12:37:27 AM by Researcher »
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline JWR

• Divorced after a 10 year marriage to a Colombiana
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2011, 11:37:27 PM »
You guys are so easy to wind up!
The girl I've been chatting with has 1 year less age gap then Zulu's gf.
Thanks for the great trip report.  Keep us in suspense for the ending til at least Christmas......

We all choose who & what we want in life. It is what Zulu wanted & it is his right to do so and his life to live - he is the one who will reap the benefits or suffer the consequences of his decision. He is not there to satisfy the "masses".

Personally, I wanted someone a little closer to my age and went with a 30 year old lady (now 31).

Offline Ray

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2011, 01:41:38 AM »

Pinays don't swim!

Now that's an interesting comment...

Like pig, my wife and all of the females in her family swim just fine. In fact, the vast majority of Filipinas that I have known can swim. Of course many of those grew up on the water, but not all.

Maybe they just didn't want to get their hair wet...   :D

Ray

« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 01:44:31 AM by Ray »

Offline thekfc

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2011, 04:58:42 AM »

Now that's an interesting comment...

Like pig, my wife and all of the females in her family swim just fine. In fact, the vast majority of Filipinas that I have known can swim. Of course many of those grew up on the water, but not all.

Maybe they just didn't want to get their hair wet...   :D

Ray
Same here. My wife & her 4 sisters as well as 5 of her nieces do swim - I saw them. While in Pangasinan, I saw the 2 of the nieces along with some cousins jump about 30 feet into a river.  :o

Also they (sisters, nieces, nephews, cousins, neighbors, etc) are always at the pool or beach swimming.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2011, 04:58:42 AM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2011, 08:47:35 AM »
My wife didn't know how to swim before she got here, but she spent her pre 16 y/o--pre college years pretty far from any place you could swim. After that, she was real busy with school and work. She still insists she can't swim, but I know she can swim the length of a good sized swimming pool, but she just doesn't have a lot of confidence in her swimming ability, although I've encouraged her, telling her she can.
Her youngest sister can swim, as well as all her brothers. If I had to guess, I'd say somewhere around half of Filipinas can't swim, maybe more, but that's just a wild guess.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline thekfc

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2011, 09:31:37 AM »
For what I have seen, I would say that it depends on location.

My wife family is just a stone throw away from Hundred Islands in Pangasinanand and just about everyone in her extended knows how to swim/dive. Also I have seen a lot of pics (from my wife's nieces & their friends fb) of them & college classmates in the water at the beach/river - no life jackets & in deep water. They go to school in Manila.

Also when we took the ride on the "floating restaurant" in Bohol, there were kids as well as adults swimming in the water.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 200