It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Best Media Source in Medellin to run an ad for a novia/wife hunter?  (Read 3094 times)

Offline Hector_Lavoe

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Looking for suggestions for best media source in Medellin to run an ad to attract a potential wife/novia. Target age range is 25 to 38 (no kids).

I know this idea has been discussed before on this forum and many think it's a joke, a desperation move, a crazy security risk (or all of the above). LOL. I will screen accordingly.

Nobody reads an old fashioned newspaper anymore so that seems like a waste of money. Perhaps an online paper or something else?

We had a poster who tried this a few years ago in Costa Rica. He did it for a buddy of his and he said it actually turned up some good responses. Not talking about a small ad in the "personal pages" but a big ad that will garner a decent amount of attention.

Anyway this is a serious inquiry if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions. Thanks. 

Offline buenopues4

• Trips: Resident
Re: Best Media Source in Medellin to run an ad for a novia/wife hunter?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 06:28:54 AM »
How about renting a billboard for a month located on the road to Rio Negro and the airport?

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 11:04:42 AM »
Looking for suggestions for best media source in Medellin to run an ad to attract a potential wife/novia. Target age range is 25 to 38 (no kids).

I know this idea has been discussed before on this forum and many think it's a joke, a desperation move, a crazy security risk (or all of the above). LOL. I will screen accordingly.

Nobody reads an old fashioned newspaper anymore so that seems like a waste of money. Perhaps an online paper or something else?

We had a poster who tried this a few years ago in Costa Rica. He did it for a buddy of his and he said it actually turned up some good responses. Not talking about a small ad in the "personal pages" but a big ad that will garner a decent amount of attention.

Anyway this is a serious inquiry if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions. Thanks.
Reeks of desperation.  What quality woman would respond to that?

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 11:04:42 AM »

Offline buenopues4

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 04:56:36 PM »
I was trying to be helpful but mambo is absolutely right. What a non starter.

Offline Fuzzyone

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 08:05:17 PM »
 It seems to me that it would be like those old dating agencies that would place a ad in the paper to get woman to come to a party to meet men by promising them a gift. Ten at the party the most aggressive woman would go one the attack for the 5 or 10 old men that were there.... I met a couple of guys years back getting off a flight in Barranquilla and one guy was coaching them on what to do at the party because he had been to several go them. If you have to resort to a newspaper ad just give up and stay in your basement.

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2018, 08:34:21 PM »
I was trying to be helpful but mambo is absolutely right. What a non starter.
Yeah sorry to be so blunt but it just seems counterproductive to me...

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2018, 09:50:47 PM »
The billboard idea was tried in 2012 in San Diego.

Former 60/70's DJ turned real estate millionaire Marc Paskin, who was 63 at the time, put up a billboard in San Diego's Barrio Logan neighborhood that said, "All I want for Christmas is a Latina girlfriend."

At the bottom he gave an e-mail address.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sdut-la-jolla-millionaire-seeks-latina-girlfriend-by-bi-2012dec06-htmlstory.html

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2018, 10:14:44 PM »

Former 60/70's DJ turned real estate millionaire Marc Paskin, who was 63 at the time, put up a billboard in San Diego's Barrio Logan neighborhood that said, "All I want for Christmas is a Latina girlfriend."

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sdut-la-jolla-millionaire-seeks-latina-girlfriend-by-bi-2012dec06-htmlstory.html

Eight or so later, anybody heard how it panned out for the guy?

The bill board idea sounds like it might be a good movie vehicle for an actor like Jim Carey.

Regardless of how it's played, win or lose, short or long, we tend not to hear a word. Not about if it worked out or not, for how long or short, nor what was right or wrong during the process/event.

I'd guess as 'regulars' here go, we hear a bit more from those who are  still in a relationship than we do from those who've gotten married, then crashed and burned.

Then we have few lately just getting on the merry go round, along with a few just riding around the same old circle, again and again...
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Wildstubby

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2018, 05:34:34 AM »
Getting back to the OPS original request about taking out a full page ad, I don't know if I would go that far. I don't know if they still have them in newspapers but a submission in the 'Personals' section might work. Look at it from this perspective, you would stand a good chance of contacting someone that A) can actually and does read a newspaper, and B) takes the time out to scour the minutia content in it. I agree with the others that a full page ad appears to be an act of desperation and who knows WHAT you will attract!

Offline buenopues4

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2018, 09:10:44 AM »

So how did he make out?

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2018, 12:01:03 PM »
The billboard was only up for a few days as some found it amusing and lighthearted while others found it slightly offensive.

A few days after it went up it was vandalized and then eventually he just had the entire thing taken down.

After it was taken down Paskin said he got over 15,000 e-mails from San Diego and all over the world (due to the press coverage). In this 2015 interview he said he was still dating a semi-retired Latina para-legal whom he met through the billboard ad.

https://www.thecannabist.co/2015/06/12/marc-paskin-pot-radio-kbud-latina-girlfriend-billboard/36082/

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2018, 12:37:48 PM »
" desperate gringo with money,  looking for young, hot wife"   thats how it would be taken,

in Medellin, that would be like ringing the dinner bell for women, just looking for a gringo to screw over lol.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 12:43:11 PM by mudd »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2018, 12:52:49 PM »
Just pin hundred dollar bills to your clothes. I guarantee some babe will be happy to help you 'undress' ::)

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2018, 12:52:49 PM »

Offline ag1987

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2018, 01:27:46 PM »
Just pin hundred dollar bills to your clothes. I guarantee some babe will be happy to help you 'undress' ::)

;D

There was/is a realtor here in VA Beach area, he has a billboard with his headshot with "WANT TO GET MARRIED?", then in smaller font "if not, at least let me sell your house" with his number. Local news interviewed him and he said he has hopes to get a date and wanted to mix things up. Frankly, I can't stand Realtors about as much as I can't stand lawyers. 6% of selling price for something that frankly isn't that complicated. Give me a break. One day, Amazon will sell houses.

Back on topic, cool if it works for him, screams desperation IMO. Not sure I would feel safe doing it overseas. Like said before, screams "come shake me down".

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2018, 01:49:17 PM »

;D

There was/is a realtor here in VA Beach area, he has a billboard with his headshot with "WANT TO GET MARRIED?", then in smaller font "if not, at least let me sell your house" with his number. Local news interviewed him and he said he has hopes to get a date and wanted to mix things up. Frankly, I can't stand Realtors about as much as I can't stand lawyers. 6% of selling price for something that frankly isn't that complicated. Give me a break. One day, Amazon will sell houses.

Back on topic, cool if it works for him, screams desperation IMO. Not sure I would feel safe doing it overseas. Like said before, screams "come shake me down".

The Center for Disease Control (CDC) recently disclosed that rather than using rats in their laboratories to determine if substances are toxic, they're now using lawyers instead.
When asked why the change, the CDC replied:

"There were just some things we couldn't get those rats to do"

Offline Wildstubby

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2018, 02:17:35 PM »
Jajajajaja! ;D

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2018, 05:55:19 AM »
I asked my Colombian friend what he thought of that and he laughed and  said " muy Marica".

I heard of a 78 yo gringo pervert in Poblado (yep.I had a female friend who rented an apartment from him there confirm he was a pedofile) ..who put up a similar ad for desperate estrato 1 girl in the comunas to help do his shopping, wipe his butt and serve him sexually.

Apparently got a lot of Responses.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 06:05:10 AM by Elexpatriado »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2018, 06:04:15 AM »
If you put up such an AD the worst thing you would have to worry about is getting scoped. (Burundanga)

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2018, 11:08:35 AM »
" desperate gringo with money,  looking for young, hot wife"   thats how it would be taken,

in Medellin, that would be like ringing the dinner bell for women, just looking for a gringo to screw over lol.

You always say that like it's a bad thing. Those poor little paisas have to eat too.

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2018, 01:45:15 PM »

You always say that like it's a bad thing. Those poor little paisas have to eat too.

lol, true, but soon, you get to hear the same stupid gringo bellyaching  " oh my girlfriend dumped me, i dont know why, and i just paid for her university, bought her  a bunch of clothes, new iphone"   ;D

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2018, 04:22:53 PM »

lol, true, but soon, you get to hear the same stupid gringo bellyaching  " oh my girlfriend dumped me, i dont know why, and i just paid for her university, bought her  a bunch of clothes, new iphone"   ;D

Might as well go straight for the prepagos/prostitutes. At least then you know you’re getting something in return.

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2018, 08:17:22 AM »

No dar papaya is the first rule every gringo should learn about Colombia and some of them have to learn the hard way. If a man is stupid then he should be taken advantage of.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 293