It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Any comments on this link?  (Read 2135 times)

Offline Elexpatriado

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Any comments on this link?
« on: May 03, 2017, 07:08:00 AM »

What chance does a 6o year old (or any aged)  male have finding a virgen or "Low Mileage" woman  in Colombia?

LOL

http://i.imgur.com/DnMjpl3.jpg

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Any comments on this link?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 08:35:01 PM »
Huge chance--if you're very wealthy and sick enough to pay. Every thing is for sale these days and auctions occur as well.

It's been joked about enough on here that your chances of scoring (not necessarily with a 'low mileage' woman) increase significantly if you tape $100 bills to your forehead....

Humble, principled women who were beautiful but didn't think of themselves as such, used to be a lot more common than they are in this facebook, media obsessed world today.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Calipro

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 01:10:48 AM »

What chance does a 6o year old (or any aged)  male have finding a virgen or "Low Mileage" woman  in Colombia?

LOL

http://i.imgur.com/DnMjpl3.jpg

What does it matter
The stats are for American women
What is the divorce rate in Colombia compared to the divorce rate in the US
That's the only stat that matters.  I mean if marital longevity is really your primary goal

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 01:10:48 AM »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 05:14:23 AM »
Huge chance--if you're very wealthy and sick enough to pay. Every thing is for sale these days and auctions occur as well.

It's been joked about enough on here that your chances of scoring (not necessarily with a 'low mileage' woman) increase significantly if you tape $100 bills to your forehead....

Humble, principled women who were beautiful but didn't think of themselves as such, used to be a lot more common than they are in this facebook, media obsessed world today.

The topic is marriage and serious relations. Not scoring underage women. Lets get that clear.

With the additional point made in the article, the more "expernced" the women is with multiple partners, the less likely she is going to be stable wife material.

i.e. ideal she is your first partner, and second ideal a widow who was only with one man, her first husband for 10 or 20 years.

Versus some gal lthat has had 5, 10 or 20 boyfriends (or sexual partners).

Or is the link all bunk?  Or many exceptions to the rule.

Note that you still have a 40% chance of sucess with a womean who has had 20 plus partners, so if you pick right, at the right time, and work hard, you still might do okay.

Note that it says stability in a marriageis irrelevant of how many partners a man has had. Which imakes sense, because menthink logically, and when they make up thier mind to be in a stable monogomous relationship, most (not all) do it, out of principle.

Seems sexist, but who knows if there is some biological truth to the supposed "study"

Anyway, just food for thought

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 05:20:57 AM »
What does it matter
The stats are for American women
What is the divorce rate in Colombia compared to the divorce rate in the US
That's the only stat that matters.  I mean if marital longevity is really your primary goal

Good pĆ³int.Additional factor thrown in. But you can say the same type of logic applies to Colombian women. You could say they are more likely to stay with you and make it work as they get older and less "hot" because they have "less options".Could also say (espescially of the ones that have had more partners)-that they are less stable, being more loopy and ilogical than American women.

I think RA hit the nail on the head.Less "Humble" women around these days. Have to search the little Pueblitos in thecountry to find them. So all the Colombians tell me.

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 07:14:47 AM »
colombian friend of mine here told me a few weeks back

"  the family circle here is pretty damaged,  they seem close but the moral values is in the toilet. most parents dont care what the children are doing or how they are doing it, as long as they are making money some way to bring back to the house. is why their are so many web cam models and prepagos in Medellin and very few girls want a normal relationship now, and the men too, they just want many girls and fiestas and fun"  :o

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 08:14:17 AM »
I don't know if you guys know Diego. Him and his wife have this English/Spanish and Dance institute called ABC. They used to be located in Lleras but moved to Laureles a couple years ago.

When I first came to Medellin in early 2013, he told me the big change in morals in mentality in Colombia came during the Narco era  late 70s to early 90s. Went from a traditional society to an "easy money" low moral society.

Now -yes-prepagos, interesdadas, marijuaneros, siliconas and lipo- a common thing. Guys married to girls and pimping them out as prepagos - in one form or another- and not thinking anything about it. Supposedly still in "Love"...LOL

In particular in the lower estratas in Medellin, but also in Cali, Armenia-Pereira--anywhere the Narcos have left their mark.

Una cultura podrida....like a "whitewashed sepulchre" ..as per Joseph Conrad and the Bible..

Its different in Manizales. It was never on the Narco "trading Route" They are a different kettle of fish here-much more traditional southern European values -generally- although you still see the same type of mentality in the lower estrata  barrios. But the social circle is very closed here, and you need a lot of patience to get into it,especially as a foreigner.

I think if I guy wants to have a real good chance at finding a good  (young and beautiful, with good morals, ethics and principles) keeper wife in Colombia. should be able to work remotely from his computer, living full time in Colombia, start young (say under 40) be patient, and concentrate in the non-narco cities like Manizales , Bucarramanga and surrounding Pueblos. And get integrated into the culture and social circles as much as possible.

This is not possible  or desireable for very many guys. Especially as people learn more about the  legendary Colombian "Tax Laws" (which have always been there but  appear to be  getting more onerous ) which are receiving more press on the Expat sites.

Finding some gal on Facebook, Cupido or an Agency, and having a long distance  relationship for a year, then marrying her is extremely risky.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 08:29:26 AM by Elexpatriado »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2017, 03:27:31 PM »
'Off the beaten (often traveled) path' is harder to find than ever. Even in remote areas, smart phones and Internet cafes can be more frequently found than a few years back. Never ceases to amaze me how people, including kids, who might not have enough money for mich in the way of clothes, or good healthy nutrition and health care practices, often have cellular phones.

My wife grew up where the only white guys, hell, the only non native people they ever saw, were the rare Mormon missionaries here and there, young guys in black and white, wearing ties, riding bicycles, selling religion. They didn't have much luck converting the overwhelmingly Roman Catholic population, but the ladies loved them--they often had blue eyes, were well mannered and seemed like they came from a different galaxy to them. They're what first got my wife interested in marrying a foriegner.

That area's different now, as although it's still close to 3 hours from the big city, they now have two shopping malls in the nearby town, close to the schools.

But there are other areas, some incredibly beautiful, with some of the world's nicest beaches, where things are still pretty basic, simple and the women, many quite beautiful with a surprising mix of Latin (400+ years of Spanish occupation will do that) and Asian bloodlines, have deeply ingrained traditional values, but are suprisingly open minded in other ways.

Set up a free profile on Filipinocupid and see for yourself how many of the 100,000+ women look Latina. Your mailbox will be flooded, that's for sure. Separating the wheat from the chaffe is the more difficult part.

But before, I went weeks at a time w/o seeing another foriegner. Still no landline phones there today.  Even getting a cell phone signal there now is still a challenge at times, but it's a lot easier than before--you might have to walk outside the house a distance to get a better signal. Typhoon Pablo wiped out a whole lot of trees, opening up the skies, improving signal access.

But I remember it seeming so virgin, so remote out there in the country, that we used to joke that we had to walk towards town to hunt. But not for women!

I still say that today more than ever, you need to look at areas not already picked over, including rural areas and different countries where the women aren't as jaded. It takes more time and effort, but the potential rewards may be greater.

South America covers a lot of area, nations, with a lot of diversity. A bit north, Mexico City itself has quite a mix--we're probably going to visit there this summer--to see a bunch of folks we know who are originally from Asia and the Middle East who live there----go figure.

Also, don't burn your bridges if a relationship doesn't work out. Guys and gals tend to just move on, w/o maintaining, if informal and yet friendly, ongoing connections.

Personal introductions are light years better than random dating site surfing. I met a woman who tried to match me up with her sister. Her sister and I didn't work out, but we were always polite, respectful. Instead of being mad at me for not making a go of it with her sister, the same woman (who had married a Yankee and was living in Vermont, USA!) introduced me to my wife....

Think outside the box.....
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 103