It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Hello from Pennsylvania. Have a question about the Philippines  (Read 3717 times)

Offline LonelyGuy

• Probie
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: None (yet)
Hello from Pennsylvania. Have a question about the Philippines
« on: November 15, 2016, 10:16:19 PM »
Hello everyone.  I have been talking with a wonderful Filipina for a few months now. She is definitely someone I can see spending the rest of my life with. I would love to go visit her in the Philippines but there might be an issue. When I was 18 (I am almost 36 now) I got in trouble for so dumb stuff and that has caused me to be a registered sex offender. I am not a pedophile. But my question is, can I even get into the Philippines? I have read different things and I don't know what to believe. I'm hoping that someone can answer this for me. I really want to go there. Spend time with her and her family and if all works out, then get married. Thank you in advance.

Offline Ray

• Trips: > 10
Re: Hello from Pennsylvania. Have a question about the Philippines
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 03:17:16 AM »
Hello everyone.  I have been talking with a wonderful Filipina for a few months now. She is definitely someone I can see spending the rest of my life with. I would love to go visit her in the Philippines but there might be an issue. When I was 18 (I am almost 36 now) I got in trouble for so dumb stuff and that has caused me to be a registered sex offender. I am not a pedophile. But my question is, can I even get into the Philippines? I have read different things and I don't know what to believe. I'm hoping that someone can answer this for me. I really want to go there. Spend time with her and her family and if all works out, then get married. Thank you in advance.

I believe the Philippines recently instituted a policy of removing and banning registered sex offenders who get caught up in local issues over there. I don't know if they check your status when you enter as a short-term visitor. Is it indicated on your passport? You could make an anonymous call to a Philippine consulate in the States to confirm their entry policies.

There may be some issues come up if and when you petition her for a visa.

If you do decide to go forward with marriage, I would make sure that she fully understands the details and possible consequences of your legal status.

In which part of the Philippines does she live?

Ray
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 03:47:56 AM by Ray »

Offline LonelyGuy

• Probie
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 10:43:57 AM »
I believe the Philippines recently instituted a policy of removing and banning registered sex offenders who get caught up in local issues over there. I don't know if they check your status when you enter as a short-term visitor. Is it indicated on your passport? You could make an anonymous call to a Philippine consulate in the States to confirm their entry policies.

There may be some issues come up if and when you petition her for a visa.

If you do decide to go forward with marriage, I would make sure that she fully understands the details and possible consequences of your legal status.

In which part of the Philippines does she live?

Ray

Hello Ray. Thank you for the information. This is where she is from in the Philippines,  san juan (Valley Golf) Cainta, Rizal 1900. I haven't gotten my passport yet. Hopefully it's not marked in anyway. So, if your correct in your beliefs, I would be removed and banned from the country if I get into local issues over there. Is that right?  I definitely wouldn't be getting into any issues over there that's for sure. I'll definitely have to try to find information on contacting a consulate here in the states. I haven't gotten into all of my background with her completely just yet.   I want to make sure things are possible first.
I would love for her to come to the states but she says it would be very difficult for her to get a visa. I don't understand what the difficulty would be. But, I don't know anything about trying to obtain a visa. I saw the easiest rout / more expensive rout might be to petition for a fiance visa. Is that correct?

Jeremy

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 10:43:57 AM »

Offline Ray

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 01:56:25 PM »
Hello Ray. Thank you for the information. This is where she is from in the Philippines,  san juan (Valley Golf) Cainta, Rizal 1900. I haven't gotten my passport yet. Hopefully it's not marked in anyway. So, if your correct in your beliefs, I would be removed and banned from the country if I get into local issues over there. Is that right?  I definitely wouldn't be getting into any issues over there that's for sure. I'll definitely have to try to find information on contacting a consulate here in the states. I haven't gotten into all of my background with her completely just yet.   I want to make sure things are possible first.
I would love for her to come to the states but she says it would be very difficult for her to get a visa. I don't understand what the difficulty would be. But, I don't know anything about trying to obtain a visa. I saw the easiest rout / more expensive rout might be to petition for a fiance visa. Is that correct?

Jeremy

Yes, it has been EXTREMELY difficult for young single ladies to get a visitor visa for the US, but not impossible.

A fiancé visa is an important option, but requires you to meet in person. Also, the fiancée visa brings closer scrutiny of any past legal matters. There is also a spouse visa option that requires prior marriage before application, but easier to process in some ways.

I think your biggest concern would be denied entry on arrival and sent back home. That's why you should contact the Philippine consulate for specific policies related to your status. Here's a link:

http://www.philippinesnewyork.org/philippines-new-york/home-new-york/

If entry is an issue, then there are other options to consider, including meeting in a third country.

Ray

Offline Rschnb67

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 04:14:55 PM »
I think if you're going for the marriage visa it will be on the application whether they check or not is another story you should definitely call and immigration attorney and ask these questions

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 10:18:55 PM »
Since you said you haven't got a passport

Googled  'sex offender passport' and found this.....

Offline Ray

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 04:21:00 AM »
Gato, that's a fake...

But seriously, I was reading that a recent US law requires some form of identifier on passports of registered sex offenders if their crime involved a minor.

Also, the US 'may' be notifying foreign governments if such a person is planning to travel there.

Ray

Offline Elexpatriado

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2016, 07:03:01 AM »
Poor guy--was probably drunk or stoned when he was 18 and hooked up with some Jail Bait..

Sometimes the law is not fair..but I guess they ahve to draw the line somewhere..

18 is just a kid really. Send these guy sout to war to be shot and killed.

Why dont you just go out and talk to a lawyer to see what your rights are and what will happen.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 07:07:06 AM by Elexpatriado »

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 09:05:18 AM »
Gato, that's a fake...

But seriously, I was reading that a recent US law requires some form of identifier on passports of registered sex offenders if their crime involved a minor.

Also, the US 'may' be notifying foreign governments if such a person is planning to travel there.

Ray

Yes it is fake about this person, but wonder if it is true to real sex offender ??

Offline LonelyGuy

• Probie
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2017, 09:09:39 AM »
I got my passport and there is no identifying marks on it.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 345