It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: How is Religion involved>regards to your relationship to your GF,Novia or Wife?  (Read 2246 times)

Offline singlefather no more

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)

How is Religion involved in regards to your relationship to your girlfriend , Novia or wife ?

Daytimer:

And if a Latina decided to marry a Jewish man or (gasp) an agnostic or athiest. You think they might actually have a chance for a good marriage without "submitting themselves to Christ."

Last time I looked, this was a non sectarian board. You are entitled to your beliefs and if you want to thump your Bible, by all means do so... in a Christian chat room.

Dennis       

Dennis,

As a Christian man I fully support DT or anyone else right to make comments about his religious beliefs in regards to his relationship with his Novia or his opinion of religion in relationships..

This is not a non sectarian board , it is a board about relationships with Latina's/Asian/Russian.. Religion is a major influence in the lives of Latina's /Asian and some Russian women.. If a man of the Jewish , Catholic , Christian ,Mormon , Muslim  , Hindu faith or any faith wants to make a comment about his religion in relation to his Latina love then let him post it… If a man that is agnostic wants to post then let him also..

If you have a religious faith that is different then your Latina/Asian/Russian love.. How have you both handled it ?

Has your mutual respect for your different religion made your relationship stronger or weaker?

If you have the same faith or similar beliefs how has that worked..

What has moved you emotionally about your gf/novia/wife spiritual beliefs or actions ?

Hopefully we can all learn something here.. No personal attacks upon anyone please..

singlefather

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
As I mentioned in the other thread, my wife is what I would call a devout Catholic. I am also Catholic and I like to go to church with her. It's nice to be able to share that time every week. OTOH, she is fairly relaxed about others' beliefs and has a general "live and let live" attitude.

Offline dennislevy

• pick a realistic goal and do it.
  • Trips: Resident

Do I understand this correctly, SF?  You took a post from the middle of 30 other posts THAT HAD ALREADY BEEN CONSIGNED TO THE FLAME ROOM and you brought it back out into General Discussion.

What would Jesus say? 

Planet-Love.com

Dennis,

If you look at the date I posted the thread it was not in the flame room yet.. I just noticed the flame room version yesterday.. Your words were very intolerant to DT...

If you read this thread there are some interesting questions raised?

Here are some questions for you ?

If you marry a Latina are you going to stop her from going to church or raising your children together in whatever religious background she wants?

Once you have children you cannot stop her from taking your kids to whatever church she wants.. How will you react ?

Dennis you should lighten up a bit...

I see you are trying to bait me by bringing up Jesus. Since you have stated you dislike religion and God. I take your comments about Jesus as mocking , offensive and insulting which is against the terms of agreement of this site.

All what I will say is that you should be more accepting of other people's religion.. I will be posting much more about religion and international relationships in the future..

Dennis , have ever read the "Rules and Agreement - Terms of Service " of PL..
Here are some parts for you to digest and read..

"International Relations strongly believes in the freedom of expression as long as legal or morally accepted standards of expression are not crossed"

"You agree to refrain from posting any ethnic, racial, religious, or political commentary which is not directly related to the theme of this site and/or which may be interpreted by others as being offensive or insulting."

God Bless you Dennis and I hope you wipe the hate and bitterness out of your heart..

singlefather

« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 08:19:14 PM by singlefather »

sorry I double posted above somehow and I deleted it..
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 08:19:48 PM by singlefather »

Offline dennislevy

• pick a realistic goal and do it.
  • Trips: Resident
SF:

Where did you ever got the idea that I disliked religion and God?????!!!!! 

have you been smoking any "local products" you brought back from Peru? 

I don't dislike religion and God.  I don;t have any problems with people being religious  But, "being religious" and "acting religious" are two different bears.  I do think that publicly expressing religosity by implying that the best possible marriage is through Christ is--yup, intolerant to other people.  A Christ centered marriage may be for some people, it probably isn't for a lot of other people. 

In my experience, the best Christians I know were absolutley silent. They were the people that gave an anonymous donation to a needy family or left bags of groceries on the doorstep in the dead of night or took in a young boy that was being abused by his father--without expecting payment from the county or the state. They didn't prattle, they kept their mouths shut and they acted like Jesus Christ.

I don't hate anyone and I'm not bitter.  Less then a week ago, you praised me as a first class guy in another post.  Jeez, are you fickle!  Next to you, Marilyn Rosenthal, (my 16 year old girlfriend when I was 17) was a model of constancy.   

You haven't got a clue of who I am.

But I will  confess to one character flaw.  I cannot resist sticking hatpins in pompous people who are absolutely convinced that they have the truth by the nuts.

__________________________________________________________________________ __________________
Now, of course I would encourage a latina wife to practice her religion if she wanted to. I would never (and this is only my opinion so I don't want anyone to get hot and bothered that this is a personal attack) advance the idea of a Christ centered marriage as a "gotta have" for a marriage.

I would let my actions speak for themselves.  Hopefully, if I was a good husband, my wife would feel that she was being treated kindly and honestly, she experienced gentlesness and she knew that I was always loyal and faithful to her. 

I suppose that would do. But waht the heck, I'm not much of a Christian....   

Participation in religious bodies is one way of being exposed to values and morals.  I think the most basic foundation of values and morals is laid in the home and in the family background and the teachings of the family and the examples set by older people, especially parents.   Sometimes those vlaues and moral derive from specific religious doctriejs and teachings, sometims not.   

But, when I was courting her, I would place more priority in her family and the attittudes they expressed toward each other, then if she went to church services every Saturday or Sunday.

dennislevy

dennislevy           

Dennis,

Sorry I don't smoke..

I took offence to your previous comments about Christianity.. I am glad you are not hateful and bitter but your posts come across quite different sometimes..

All that I ask is you respect people's right to post what they want about religion and how it impacts their relationship with their latina or asian wife/girlfriend or fiance..

By the way your responding post was very good and I agreed with a lot of what you said.. Quite a enlightening post I would say..

People do have the right though to speak up if they wish and I know a lot of good people who are not silent about their religion..

No , I don’t think I have all the answers and I don’t know all the truth…

Oh yes I still think you are a first class guy...

Have a great day,

singlefather

Offline eldercunningham

Singlefather & Dennis,

There is a passage in the bible which say's "...how good and pleasant it is when bretheren dwell together in unity..."

Laytah

Offline william3rd

Dennis , have ever read the "Rules and Agreement - Terms of Service " of PL..
Here are some parts for you to digest and read..

"International Relations strongly believes in the freedom of expression as long as legal or morally accepted standards of expression are not crossed"

"You agree to refrain from posting any ethnic, racial, religious, or political commentary which is not directly related to the theme of this site and/or . . ...

TOS cuts both ways. it is not just a matter of being offended. If it is not directly related to the theme of the site, then it should not be here. In some ways, the moderators are overly tolerant. . . .
Wild Bill Livingston, Esq.

Offline catz

Why is it that every day here at PL feels like this...

Offline catz

post what they want about religion

This is not relevant to the theme of this site. Take that to a forum that deals with religion and religious matters.

how it impacts their relationship with their latina or asian wife/girlfriend or fiance..

That is relevant and as long as it stays on topic it will be fine. This thread has already veered off towards the deletion zone. You all can fix that or I can fix it for you.

Offline william3rd

Fix it, elder catz. If thy brother's post offend thee, then pluck it out. ;)
Wild Bill Livingston, Esq.

Offline daytrader

• ** mui feliz **
    • Mechanical Trader
Dennis,

All that I ask is you respect people's right to post what they want about religion  and how it impacts their relationship with their latina or asian wife/girlfriend or fiance..

and

Function:
    conjunction

1—used as a function word to indicate connection or addition especially of items within the same class or type ; used to join sentence elements of the same grammatical rank or function2 a—used as a function word to express logical modification, consequence, antithesis, or supplementary explanation b—used as a function word to join one finite verb (as go, come, try) to another so that together they are logically equivalent to an infinitive of purpose <come and see me>

=========================================================
Since this thread followed the  personal attacks and smears in relation to my comments about my spiritual relationship with my latina, the following are my first hand observations:

SF's points were on topic, factual and germaine.  The conjunction "AND" saved the day.  Any other interpretation of such is a mischaracterization. 

The original post by me used the words "me" and "my" which related to a specific relationship.   

Any other intrepretation of my remarks is a  bogus mischaracterization of them.  The personal attacks against my Faith that followed this mischaracterization were equally bogus. 

DayTrader

« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 07:29:17 AM by daytrader »
Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee (Tom Cruise): I think I'm entitled to them.
Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee: I want the truth!
Jessep: You can't handle the truth!

Planet-Love.com

Offline Montrealer

I'll try to bring this back on topic.

My wife is a devout Evangelical Pentacostal Christian.  I am Agnostic-ish.  My wife knew my beliefs before getting married.  She did try to convert me, and I did listen and go to church with her every Sunday for over a year.  But in the end, I knew it wasn't for me and it wasn't what I believed in or ever would believe in.

Now after almost 2 years of being married, she has her routine with her church every Sunday, plus she's taking classes to be "discipled".  As for our daughter, I have allowed her to do things in a Christian way, but moderately, and will continue doing so until my daughter is 12, when my daughter is old enough to believe in what she wants to believe in as well as look at other religions.  My wife is fine with this agreement, as I was able to convince her that belief in God should be based on faith and not what mommy or daddy believe in.

It does take an open mind and maturity on both sides for a mixed religion relationship to work, but it is possible.
Send more divers, the last ones tasted great!  -  JAWS

Back on the focused Topic where we will stay...

UTC,

I forgot to add before great post , you sound like you have a great wife and relationship..

Montrealer,

Thank you very much for the great post and sharing your experience with us here..
Both you and your wife are very mature people.. Have a good day , eh..

singlefather

Offline Ray

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines

Why is it that every day here at PL feels like this...

I give up. Maybe because you're a pussy??    :D

Offline catz

I give up. Maybe because you're a pussy??    :D

That's it Ray! I ought to put you in moderated status for making me choke and laugh coffee out my nose!

A little warning would be appreciated at times you know...  ;D

Offline raycjs

we are both catholic and we both attend Church every sunday so i do not have any issue with our religion.

Ray
Ray from OHIO

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129