It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Why do men from Latin America treat women so badly?  (Read 25190 times)

Offline Grimjack

Re: Why do men from Latin America treat women so badly?
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2008, 11:41:49 AM »
Grimjack, I agree with parts of your position here. Although, its true that many AW don't have respect  for men; I don't think its because men are "nice guys". I believe that some men don't understand their self-worth, so they allow the BS to take place. You can be nice and not allow someone to control you, its all on YOU! To many men blame women for what has happens to them! The real question should be, why do they allow it? It's because of WEAK MEN; the feminist movement has thrived for so long, they give up their happiness, trying to appease her unrealistic expectations! Is that on AW or men? Why would she deal with the few men who is going to hold her accountable for her actions? When she can deal with majority of men who is going to put up with the BS!                                                                                                                                                               So, if you allow women to control you here, their going to control you wherever you go! Once again, its all Your choice, no one else can put You in a situation You don't want to be in!

Money, I agree with you completely. I was using the term "nice guy" as Dr. Glover, the guy who wrote "No More Mr. Nice Guy" used it. http://www.nomoremrniceguy.com A "Nice guy" is someone who is willing to appease at all costs, he's the guy who befriends a woman and becomes her "man-bitch." She treats him like crap, and would never dream of having sex with him. He doesn't know what the problem is so he just acts more wimpy and tries to be even nicer to her. The opposite of a "nice guy" isn't an A#$hole. He's an integrated man who is comfortable with who he is. He does things because he wants to, not to please others....

Offline bp

« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2008, 12:07:17 PM »
If you were a postal worker, you would have already taken your coworkers with you to see Jesus.

Surpassing any known standard of personal attack and insult that I know of. 

Yeah, I'm not sure who should be more offended, the poster, postal workers, or Jesus. :P

There are a lot of variations on the story, but for AM it seems to go something like this...

So, is that how it is? From all the posts I've read, I hadn't seen any mention of anything that bridges that gap (the friend's wife, vacation, work/study), except a bit about working abroad. My perception has been that it is more spontaneous than anything.

Some guys develop this perception that most women are these crazy feminists. There are a surprising amount of young professional women who have abandoned the old style of feminism. I think it's possible to find quality women out there, but I also think it would be hard to find a quality traditional woman.

Do you think it's possible for a young professional woman to also subscribe to traditional family values? What would that look like?

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
  • Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2008, 12:08:28 PM »
Soooo- did all of our mothers just spring from the earth or were they all imported. They are american women, too. And how about our sisters? Was there somehow divine intervention or maybe they were all raised by wolves?

American women are just sooo bad and the attendent statements-Latin men are all soo bad beating their women and having sex with any female in striking distance, Russian men are all drunks and philanderers. American men are sooo wonderful.

Raised by the same mothers and fathers who raised their siblings of the other sex, instilling the same value system. How do we explain this factor?

Or is it just the opinion of a very small sampling of those who want to search outside their own caste and culture?

Keep in mind that I havent dated an American in 20 years.

All the female relatives that I have(that are truly interested in my well being) are happy that I married from another culture.When I was single and looking my mother, sister and a few female cousins all told me that there were not any available women worth having here in the US.I kept myself open to women here in the US and continued to date as I traveled also.

Single guys who are looking for a relationship should look in other countries as well as here in the US. I can't say that ALL AWs are bad at relationships but I when I compared them to FWs, none of them(AWs) came close to matching a FW.
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2008, 12:08:28 PM »

Offline catz

« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2008, 12:35:58 PM »
What a freaking gay brownose I was back then...but then I changed!

So, you're not a brownose (brown noser) anymore?  ::)

Sorry, couldn't help myself...

Offline jm21-2

• Spouse's Country: Taiwan
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2008, 12:40:26 PM »
So, is that how it is? From all the posts I've read, I hadn't seen any mention of anything that bridges that gap (the friend's wife, vacation, work/study), except a bit about working abroad. My perception has been that it is more spontaneous than anything.
You have to read for a while, but yes, I think that's usually how it works. For example, for me, it was the aforementioned Persian girls who got me interested in FW. I had never met any foreigners besides poor Mexican women (who are not very impressive) until I moved down to California. I attended one of the most diverse law schools in the US, and because it was low ranked, there were lots of immigrants who went there (immigrants struggle a lot with the LSAT). When you meet a girl and you go "wow, she is freakin' amazing," and she responds with something like "really? I'm just a normal girl in my country," you start thinking...and some guys eventually get far enough along, dissatisfied enough with the local talent, that they wind up going abroad.

I can't remember everyone's story, but I believe Soltero got started on this by dating latinas in the US. A guy just posted an intro on the Asian board and had gotten itnerested in this because of his friend's Chinese wife. I really don't see how anyone would spontaneously get involved in this. Start a poll if you're curious.
EDIT:
Actually, now that I think about it, the step from thinking FWs were great to the possibility of using some agency was kind of spontaneous. I was looking at some Russian MOB sites, exchanging links over IM laughing at the sites ("Ya, like some hot ass Russian chick is going to be interested in the average joe!"), and I stumbled upon this site, which lent the whole business a lot more credibility.

Do you think it's possible for a young professional woman to also subscribe to traditional family values? What would that look like?
I'm not saying they don't have any family values. I'm saying they don't want to be house-wives. They want to work. Maybe they'd drop work, or work part-time while their kids are young, but that's it. They also want a guy who works.

The problem I have with that is that means you have to put your children in daycare. Most people are not very concerned with that, but they should be. If you read about the abuses that go on in daycare, and how seldom children come forward with the information, people should be very scared about daycare. From my personal experience, my mom was a stay-at-home, but would occasionally do substitute teaching because we didn't have enough money to get by. At the daycare she put me in, I was beat up nearly every day by older kids, and still have a lot of bad memories, and never told anyone. I do NOT want my kid going through that.

I know one couple who have successfully worked it out in a more modern/equal way. They both work part time/stay at home part time. She's a doctor and he's a law student right now. I think it's a GREAT situation, but our work environment does not really allow for two part-time people in most occupations. I think that is where we're headed though, and I think it will be very good in 50-100 years or something. Kids get to be with both parents equally, get to be with at least one biological parent all the time...and the family still maintains enough money to get by. Right now, it's not really a realistic option.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 01:11:28 PM by jm21-2 »

Offline fathertime

« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2008, 12:46:46 PM »
So, you're not a brownose (brown noser) anymore?  ::)

Sorry, couldn't help myself...

No more brown-nosing, nowadays i stick my entire head up there!

Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline moneyrone

• Simply The Truth
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2008, 02:17:55 PM »

Fathertime!
Too funny Fathertime!
Peace By Nature, Joy By Choice.

Offline Canadian Guy

« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2008, 02:33:11 PM »

Fathertime!
Hey man you crack me up all the time... Just way to funny....

Offline moneyrone

• Simply The Truth
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2008, 03:27:24 PM »
Money, I agree with you completely. I was using the term "nice guy" as Dr. Glover, the guy who wrote "No More Mr. Nice Guy" used it. http://www.nomoremrniceguy.com A "Nice guy" is someone who is willing to appease at all costs, he's the guy who befriends a woman and becomes her "man-bitch." She treats him like crap, and would never dream of having sex with him. He doesn't know what the problem is so he just acts more wimpy and tries to be even nicer to her. The opposite of a "nice guy" isn't an A#$hole. He's an integrated man who is comfortable with who he is. He does things because he wants to, not to please others....
Ah, that make since Grimjack. So, according to Dr. Glover I guess I'm the A#$hole, lol! A lot AW try to put men in lose, lose situations. Imo, if you are going to lose, lose on your own terms (you will probably be called a A#$hole, though)! Btw, thanks for the link.
Peace By Nature, Joy By Choice.

Offline Miguel_

• Probie
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2008, 05:53:26 PM »
Well right now I am in Brazil. And I am hearing stories from women about what there ex-husbands or boyfriends have done to them.
Some of them have been beaten until they are in the hospital, raped and had guns to their heads. I just can not under stand why the men do these things.
My girlfriend has been beaten until she was hospitalized and her father did the same thing to her mother. Do they think this is normal?
They are some of the most caring romantic, hardworking women in the world. They will do anything to please their man or spouse. But the men still cheat and do acts of violence on them.

No disrespect Canadian Guy, but these people sound like trailer trash.  I don't think what you're describing is all that different from what happens in certain neighborhoods in the U.S.  I'd wonder if these Brazilian women are really all angels and the men violent rapists and thieves.   I haven't been following this board or your history, but you'd be wise to spend the time to know your girlfriend very well before tying the knot.  She may be a diamond in the rough.  Or she may be carrying around some emotional scars that would make life with her difficult. 

And to the rest of you, I don't get this AW/FW thing.  Do you really think they're that different when you put them in the same environment?  Yeah, there are cultural differences, but those are just as likely to work against you as with you.  As long as she thinks you're Bill Gates she's going to treat you like a king.  But if she's in an environment where there are lots of other guys just like you, the special treatment is likely to go out the window.  I've known very nice Latin women and very nice American women. And bitches from both cultures as well.  It depends much more on the individual than the culture, IMHO.

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2008, 06:10:05 PM »
And to the rest of you, I don't get this AW/FW thing.  Do you really think they're that different when you put them in the same environment?  Yeah, there are cultural differences, but those are just as likely to work against you as with you.  As long as she thinks you're Bill Gates she's going to treat you like a king.  But if she's in an environment where there are lots of other guys just like you, the special treatment is likely to go out the window.

Mine has stuck with me and treated men great through some very bad financial times and some very good ones. Not that the right AW wouldn't have done just the same. I agree with Sol and the others that say finding a good one is a lot easier over there (wherever that is) than over here.

Now to answer the original question: Why do men from Latin America treat women so badly?

Because they can. And Miguel is right, those that do that are trailer trash, or is it remolque de basura?  Real men, whether their names are Bill, Juan, Ivan, Hiroshi, or Wang treat their women with respect.

Offline Henry

« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2008, 07:22:06 PM »
This is so strange. I am not Barack Obama, yet every word I type is critiqued to the extreme. I wonder why. So pathetic.

William, have you heard of something called the feminist movement? Despite what is commonly known, it was led mostly by lesbians who hated men with a passion. Some of them were straight, but most were lesbians.

Now if you dont believe me, I can supply you with a list of quotations from the founders of the feminist movement detailing how much they hate men. No problem whatsoever with that.

The average woman was simply misled by other women (who I think they seem to listen to by default).

And lastly, you simply can't compare women of today to women of yesterday. Think of this. There is TV (media), educational influences (teachers with agendas), new one-sided laws, etc that women of yesterday never had. Could Grandma cook from scratch? Can the daughter of today cook from scratch? My bet is she cant even boil water. The connection? Just because they are genetically related doesnt mean that daughter is as good as Grandma.

Another point is that our mothers have a genetic investment. So it is an invalid comparison. Our mothers have a responsibility to do well by us. What kind of tyrant (besides perhaps Ivan the Terrible) kills his own offspring? Ever heard of survival of the fittest and evolution? It is in the mother's best interest to treat her children well. That does not in any way mean that she treats the father of those children well at all.

Offline william3rd

« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2008, 07:53:07 PM »
nice to hear that you are allowing as how the average woman was somehow led astray by a conspiracy led by disaffected middle aged lesbians:D

probably led by Hilary and Janet Reno . . . . . . 
Wild Bill Livingston, Esq.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2008, 07:53:07 PM »

Offline jm21-2

« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2008, 07:58:00 PM »
William, have you heard of something called the feminist movement? Despite what is commonly known, it was led mostly by lesbians who hated men with a passion. Some of them were straight, but most were lesbians.

Now if you dont believe me, I can supply you with a list of quotations from the founders of the feminist movement detailing how much they hate men. No problem whatsoever with that.
Lesbians get along better with guys than hetero women, if anything. I'm talking about real lesbians here, not the fake bi-curious attention-whore college girl.

The founders of the feminist movement? Early feminist women like Mary Woolstonecraft believed that feminism meant women should be equal so they could assist men in walking the path of virtue. Hardly man-hating. Even in more recent movements, feminists had problems with things like the story of O, because they identified with it. Having taken women's studies classes and studied feminism in the jurisprudential context, I'd say most modern feminists don't hate men, they're just ignorant, stupid, or bat-[snip] crazy, but not man-haters except in an abstract sense.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 08:00:09 PM by jm21-2 »

Offline Henry

« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2008, 08:30:22 PM »
The feminists of the 60s to today, not 1890 or 1920.

Offline daytrader

• ** mui feliz **
    • Mechanical Trader
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2008, 08:30:40 PM »
Lesbians get along better with guys than hetero women, if anything.

I have tons of anecdotal evidence says you are wrong (I worked in a corporation a long time ago that employed a lot of lesbians - they hated straight males), also many other contemporary examples too numerous to mention along with reality......

Also, JM, are you saying that lesbians are not in the upper echelons of the feminist movement?  Really?  They infest the feminist movement since I've been an adult. 

DayTrader

Lesbian gang attacks and stabs man in New York City

A group of lesbians from Newark, N.J., attacked and stabbed a straight man in downtown New York City early Friday morning after the man apparently came on to one of the women. Wayne Buckle, 28, was allegedly whipped by belts and then stabbed with a steak knife by Patreese Johnson in retaliation for the unwanted advance, the New York Daily News reports.

According to a police source, one of the women yelled "She's my girl, and no one hits on my girl!" during the incident. Later, at the police station house, where the seven suspects were charged with gang assault and criminal possession of a weapon, another  woman told the Daily News that Buckle "called us [homophobic slur] and he said he was going to f--- us all." Said another: "He spit on us and threw a cigarette. This is a hate crime."  8/22/06

source: http://www.advocate.com/news_detail_ektid35815.asp

Even New York City convicted 4 of the women  of assault. 
Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee (Tom Cruise): I think I'm entitled to them.
Kaffee: I want the truth!
Jessep: You can't handle the truth!

Offline Henry

« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2008, 08:32:00 PM »
nice to hear that you are allowing as how the average woman was somehow led astray by a conspiracy led by disaffected middle aged lesbians:D

probably led by Hilary and Janet Reno . . . . . . 

No one said you had to agree with what I wrote. If you dont, that's fine. We are all entitled to believe what we want. Just remember that I'm not entitled to believe what you believe, just as you dont need to believe what I believe.

Offline william3rd

« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2008, 09:15:33 PM »
obviously we disagree, in case you hadnt noticed. . .

Hey, arent you about ready for another avatar change?

How about Henry Kissinger?

Offline soltero

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2008, 09:24:01 PM »
obviously we disagree, in case you hadnt noticed. . .

Hey, arent you about ready for another avatar change?

How about Henry Kissinger?

Be careful, WIII, disagreeing with Henry will get you blocked! We should all consider ourselves fortunate and blessed to be receiving the word on AWs from the guy who says he has NEVER DATED ONE!  :o

Yes....by all means, please agree with the guy whose strong opinions enlighten the rest of us so greatly because his vast experience in dating none of them makes him the authority on AWs here...
Live as if you will die tomorrow, Plan as if you will live forever...

Offline jm21-2

« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2008, 09:31:11 PM »
I have tons of anecdotal evidence says you are wrong (I worked in a corporation a long time ago that employed a lot of lesbians - they hated straight males), also many other contemporary examples too numerous to mention along with reality......

Also, JM, are you saying that lesbians are not in the upper echelons of the feminist movement?  Really?  They infest the feminist movement since I've been an adult. 
And I've known plenty of lesbians that get along with guys great. Especially the butch ones. It's like hanging out with a guy who's great to look at.

There are a few "lesbians" who choose to be homosexual due to bad experiences with men. They are man-haters and inhabit the feminist movement, but hardly control it. They are very vocal and oft-cited due to their extremism, but that doesn't mean they have a large amount of influence.

As far as killings go, look at what men have done to transsexuals. Some of the murders have been horrific, and have happened even in places like San Francisco. There have been plenty of murders of gay males by straight males. I'm sure there have been rapes/murders of lesbians by straight guys (do you really need to look up articles for that one?). It's just hate, pure and simple. Hate is not particular to one gender.

What I said was that most feminists are not lesbians, nor are they man-haters. They are generally just mis-informed about the issues and don't bother to research further. That puts them on par with about 90% of the population.

Offline william3rd

« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2008, 09:34:24 PM »
Thanks for the advice, Soltero. . . .  I wouldnt want to get crossways with a guy that never dated women

in America.

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2008, 01:44:38 AM »
And to the rest of you, I don't get this AW/FW thing.  Do you really think they're that different when you put them in the same environment?  Yeah, there are cultural differences, but those are just as likely to work against you as with you.  As long as she thinks you're Bill Gates she's going to treat you like a king.  But if she's in an environment where there are lots of other guys just like you, the special treatment is likely to go out the window.  I've known very nice Latin women and very nice American women. And bitches from both cultures as well.  It depends much more on the individual than the culture, IMHO.

After spending 10 years looking in other countries and getting to know ALOT of FWs and living and working in a foriegn country a few years before I started looking(and getting to know ALOT of people there) I'd have to say the odds of finding a good woman in another culture is better than here in the US.I think it is because of the cultural difference. How much a woman changes when she gets here may depend on her.I think the younger ones are more likely to change, but there are some that don't(younger ones that is).I know alot of people from other cultures here in the US and they do seem to change some when they get here but they stay basically the same.That's just from my experience.
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2008, 07:13:57 AM »
I work with a lot of women and I like some of them a lot. The problem is, the ones that have good personalities and are attractive are almost always attached. The ones that are unattached are usually unattached for a reason, they are damaged in some way. Making an assessment of AW based on the unattached women is a mistake because those are the bottom of the barrel women. I could find a lot of screwed up women with bad attitudes in Colombia as well.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2008, 07:13:57 AM »

Offline daytrader

• ** mui feliz **
    • Mechanical Trader
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2008, 08:04:55 AM »
I work with a lot of women and I like some of them a lot. The problem is, the ones that have good personalities and are attractive are almost always attached. The ones that are unattached are usually unattached for a reason, they are damaged in some way. Making an assessment of AW based on the unattached women is a mistake because those are the bottom of the barrel women. I could find a lot of screwed up women with bad attitudes in Colombia as well.

excellent point UC....a guy that was recently divorced was discussing dating tactics with me...I advised him that the first thing he should think about when he meets a dating prospect is "why is she single?".   Once he finds out the answer to that question, then proceed with caution or drop her like a hot potato.  Another reason to get on a plane with your passport.  The numbers are on your side, plus it's fun and interesting! 

DayTrader

Kaffee (Tom Cruise): I think I'm entitled to them.
Kaffee: I want the truth!
Jessep: You can't handle the truth!

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2008, 09:11:25 AM »
The good ones often get snatched up quickly. I wasn't ready in my early 20s and by the time I was, the picking were mighty slim. That's why I went overseas.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 467