It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Recommendations please... dating website or agency?  (Read 6246 times)

Offline pelabbe

• Probie
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Recommendations please... dating website or agency?
« on: September 19, 2014, 03:43:07 PM »
OK I have been reading like crazy and trying to educate myself. I have read all the positive reviews on Jamie's place International Introductions and everyone says great things. I then get on Latina American and Colombian Cupid and fall in love at least 5 times a day.  I am tall 6 ' 4" and I like the women that are 5 feet 7 and taller. I am attracted to the Latina women more so than the mixed or mulatto women. I have been told the women from Cartagena, Barranquilla, and Panama are generally more mixed and mulatto and the women from Bogota, Cali, and Medellin are more "paisa" or Latina in appearance.  This is just a generality and not an absolute I am aware. So my question really boils down to whether or not the Agencies in Manizales, or Bogota (Latin Life Mates or introductions by Consuelo) are really as good as Jamie's International Introductions.  I could just fish on the internet but the risk of investment is really quite high to meet one woman on the internet rather than meeting multiple semi screened women in a controlled environment.  All the reviews for other agencies are really old (several years). I know I really need to invest some time on the ground but where would you start?  I can afford Jamie's 9990 individual search fee but I wonder if that is only for local women or all over. However 10k could probably be spent better on multiple trips to Bogota and Manizales. Is there anything in Cali or Medellin?  I also love the women in the smaller cities like Armenia, Pereria, and others.  Please give me some pointers and your opinion of what you would do if you had to do it again or are about to go on the love of your life scavenger hunt?

Offline InnocentVixen

• Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Recommendations please... dating website or agency?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 04:22:47 AM »
OK I have been reading like crazy and trying to educate myself.

Go for the prepagos.

Just joking... well, kind of. With all due respect, sounds like visa sharks would eat you alive, you should go on vacation first to an area you think it will have the kind of women you like, maybe even party a little or have a fling if that is up your alley or just enjoy the view and relax.

Basically what I am saying is get this novelty out of your system so you are not so easily impressed. Pretty much every single man on these forums talks about how their neck hurts from looking at so many beautiful women just walking around in Colombia, this includes my husband! (and no, I am not from Colombia or ever been there)

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 10:57:04 AM »
introductions by Consuelo

I would avoid this site totally.  This site hasn't been updated for at least 2 years.   In the front of the gallery, near the bottom of the page 1, was the last time I viewed - about 2 years ago.   The Valentine's Day party banner had been there for 3-5 years!!   Very expensive fee not to have updated!   AVOID!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 10:57:04 AM »

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 10:59:45 AM »

I can afford Jamie's 9990 individual search fee but I wonder if that is only for local women or all over.

Are you prepared to throw your money away ?!!!!

Offline kai #2

• The Traveling Swordsman
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 01:39:40 PM »

Prepago, easiest route. No schucking and jiving, It's simple and straight forward.

OK I have been reading like crazy and trying to educate myself. I have read all the positive reviews on Jamie's place International Introductions and everyone says great things. I then get on Latina American and Colombian Cupid and fall in love at least 5 times a day.  I am tall 6 ' 4" and I like the women that are 5 feet 7 and taller. I am attracted to the Latina women more so than the mixed or mulatto women. I have been told the women from Cartagena, Barranquilla, and Panama are generally more mixed and mulatto and the women from Bogota, Cali, and Medellin are more "paisa" or Latina in appearance.  This is just a generality and not an absolute I am aware. So my question really boils down to whether or not the Agencies in Manizales, or Bogota (Latin Life Mates or introductions by Consuelo) are really as good as Jamie's International Introductions.  I could just fish on the internet but the risk of investment is really quite high to meet one woman on the internet rather than meeting multiple semi screened women in a controlled environment.  All the reviews for other agencies are really old (several years). I know I really need to invest some time on the ground but where would you start?  I can afford Jamie's 9990 individual search fee but I wonder if that is only for local women or all over. However 10k could probably be spent better on multiple trips to Bogota and Manizales. Is there anything in Cali or Medellin?  I also love the women in the smaller cities like Armenia, Pereria, and others.  Please give me some pointers and your opinion of what you would do if you had to do it again or are about to go on the love of your life scavenger hunt?

Offline Calipro

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 02:48:00 PM »

Agencies are for guys that can't speak spanish and need to find themselves a wife in two to three weeks because that is all the vacation time they have.   The simple fact is that you will be limiting yourself to only a certain type of woman that is willing to join a marriage agency...not to mention that there are just way better looking women on average walking down the street than you will find in any agency.

My advice would be to stay in a place like this at first:

http://colombia.en.craigslist.org/roo/4639875268.html

The owner is American and has a very attractive Colombian wife....they can help you get your bearings in a new city and a new culture. Then when you know what is possible and what you are doing get your own place and just date normal women.....you know ones that enjoy going out and doing things without the notion of finding a husband ASAP. Huge difference between the women that would like to get married when they fall in love and ones that really need to get married to even have a shot at a decent life.

Also another american guy that owns a sandwich shop in Parque Lleras called Flip Flops.....he also has a pretty hot wife.

Both these guys have marriages worth emulating....It's worth noting neither one thought to bring his hot wife back to the divorce capital of the world (USA).....where sex starved american guys will gladly marry another guys ex-wife with three of his kids just to get a piece. LOL!

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 03:52:27 PM »

Chris and his wife have moved to Florida. He even got a job there,Hes a real nice guy.

I think Flip-Flop has closed down, but I am not sure , cuz I quit hanging around there long ago after the  ex Le Bon guys started  hanging out there.

[/size]
[/size]

Also another american guy that owns a sandwich shop in Parque Lleras called Flip Flops.....he also has a pretty hot wife.

Offline kai #2

• The Traveling Swordsman
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2014, 05:19:49 PM »

You killed it for me. I laughed to hard reading this

Agencies are for guys that can't speak spanish and need to find themselves a wife in two to three weeks because that is all the vacation time they have. 

Offline Calipro

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2014, 06:53:43 PM »
Chris and his wife have moved to Florida. He even got a job there,Hes a real nice guy.

I think Flip-Flop has closed down, but I am not sure , cuz I quit hanging around there long ago after the  ex Le Bon guys started  hanging out there.

I probably shouldn't ask....but who or what are the "ex Le Bon guys"?

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2014, 08:25:33 AM »

I probably shouldn't ask....but who or what are the "ex Le Bon guys"?

http://www.tripadvisor.es/Attraction_Review-g297478-d808617-Reviews-Le_Bon_Cafe-Medellin_Antioquia_Department.html

Look at the sixth comment or opinion down..
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 08:29:07 AM by Elexpatriado »

Offline Calipro

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2014, 09:04:19 AM »

http://www.tripadvisor.es/Attraction_Review-g297478-d808617-Reviews-Le_Bon_Cafe-Medellin_Antioquia_Department.html

Look at the sixth comment or opinion down..

You mean this comment:

do not go to this place, and avoid parque lleras, the local ex pats, ( gringos who live in medelin) all visit this cafe. 90% are bad people, old men looking for sex with the local girls. get out of lleras and go to a different area of the city. you do not want to be associated with these people or place

I have walked by the place and never noticed any thing that stood out as unsavory. Here are a couple other posts for the same guy.

be careful of who you rent from, many foreigners get ripped off in medellin with apartment rentals, fee changes/ deposits, locks changed, theft ect.and never let any girls into your apartment, fastest way to get drugged.
charlies and anywhere in poblado, lleras is well known for prepagos and desperate gringos looking for sex. any normal guy should avoid these areas and any gringos in them.

I have been to Parque Lleras over a dozen times and have never seen any woman that stood out as an obvious prostitute....but I have seen thousands of high strata Colombianos there on any weekend.
At any rate someone should send the guy an invite to the board....he would  fit right in with the theme that gringos are sleazy whore mongers and Colombianas are prepagos..shanks...gold diggers...interesadas and green card sharks....did I leave anything out?  LOL!

« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 09:08:17 AM by Calipro »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2014, 09:41:45 AM »
They got kicked out of Le Bon cuz they are a bunch of tacanos.. sit around and buy one cofee all day talking about the grillas they picked up. That's why they moved to Flip-Flop. And I can tell you, Chris wasn't to pleased when they were there. He preferred the backpackers. Now they go to their old stomping ground, Juan Valdez.

Sure, all types of people in Lleras, and on a Friday or Saturday night the well to do locals and tourists from other parts of Colombia outnumber the gringos 50 to 1. But Lleras isn  Representative of the real Colombia. More like Miami or Seattle. The further away you get the better. I could have gone there with friends last night but I chose to stay in and rest- too much drinking the night before. I will probably be going there to supper with a female friend on her birthday in a restaurant tonight though.

I am just passing through Medellin for a few days. Like I said, I travel a lot.

Oh by the way, I talked to a few Colombians and Fahrenheit is a notorious place for getting drugged, so be careful there. You should bring a wing man or better go with a group of people. just a bit of friendly advice,

You mean this comment:

do not go to this place, and avoid parque lleras, the local ex pats, ( gringos who live in medelin) all visit this cafe. 90% are bad people, old men looking for sex with the local girls. get out of lleras and go to a different area of the city. you do not want to be associated with these people or place

I have walked by the place and never noticed any thing that stood out as unsavory. Here are a couple other posts for the same guy.

be careful of who you rent from, many foreigners get ripped off in medellin with apartment rentals, fee changes/ deposits, locks changed, theft ect.and never let any girls into your apartment, fastest way to get drugged.
charlies and anywhere in poblado, lleras is well known for prepagos and desperate gringos looking for sex. any normal guy should avoid these areas and any gringos in them.

I have been to Parque Lleras over a dozen times and have never seen any woman that stood out as an obvious prostitute....but I have seen thousands of high strata Colombianos there on any weekend.
At any rate someone should send the guy an invite to the board....he would  fit right in with the theme that gringos are sleazy whore mongers and Colombianas are prepagos..shanks...gold diggers...interesadas and green card sharks....did I leave anything out?  LOL!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 09:44:08 AM by Elexpatriado »

Offline Calipro

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2014, 09:58:02 AM »

Oh by the way, I talked to a few Colombians and Fahrenheit is a notorious place for getting drugged, so be careful there. You should bring a wing man or better go with a group of people. just a bit of friendly advice,

I was at Fahrenheit when it was the Doll House....the only time I have ever gone there alone was on a ladies night....I have never had a problem there...ever...knock on wood.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2014, 09:58:02 AM »

Offline Awesome

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2014, 01:11:27 AM »

Why in the F#CK didn't anybody mention this before I went to this place??!!  The really sad part is I don't even remember talking to any girls there.  The very last thing I remember was drinking shots of guaro with some asian guys who I think were gringos.  Looking back those guys must've been there looking for prepago skanks.  For all I know they could've got drugged too.  When I caught up with my "wingman" a couple days later he said all he remembers was crawling into a taxi to get home and he had no clue as to at what point he and I got separated.

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2014, 11:03:46 AM »
Hey,, for all I know the Colombiana I was talking to could be just blabbing "chismosos"..but I did have another friend who claims she was drugged there about a year ago, so I would still be careful in most of these types of clubs

Why in the F#CK didn't anybody mention this before I went to this place??!!  The really sad part is I don't even remember talking to any girls there.  The very last thing I remember was drinking shots of guaro with some asian guys who I think were gringos.  Looking back those guys must've been there looking for prepago skanks.  For all I know they could've got drugged too.  When I caught up with my "wingman" a couple days later he said all he remembers was crawling into a taxi to get home and he had no clue as to at what point he and I got separated.

Offline MrGentlemanBlk

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2015, 01:27:06 PM »
You know if you go to the wrong side of town in the USA specially in the ghettos you could have faced the same problem. I'm used to shanks and the alike....

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133130
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 227