It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Robin Williams  (Read 2431 times)

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Robin Williams
« on: August 12, 2014, 07:54:02 PM »
My son called me a few moments after the news was released that Robin Williams had died, apparently of a suicide. He was bummed out and so was I, but both of us, enjoying his comedic brilliance, as well as some of his serious and semi serious film acting, weren't surprised--we knew the guy had issues that all the acclaim and money--things even a loving, supportive family couldn't make go away--eventually caught up with him. RIP.

Anyway, he said some things that I thought were pretty on target for the folk's here and here they are:

"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time."

"A woman would never make a nuclear bomb. They would never make a weapon that kills. They’d make a weapon that makes you feel bad for a while."

"You could talk about same-sex marriage, but people who have been married say ‘It’s the same sex all the time.'"

"Ah, yes, divorce... from the Latin word meaning to rip out a man's genitals through his wallet."

"You know, you get that tattoo of barbed wire when you’re 18, but by the time you’re 80, it’s a picket fence"

"Death is nature's way of saying, "Your table is ready"'

"You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline InnocentVixen

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Robin Williams
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 10:07:11 PM »
I was so sad too :(
I must have watched every single movie he made, W just told me he did some stand up comedy which I never knew... and that he curses! it's hard to imagine that sweet funny man cursing, probably makes it even funnier.

descanse en paz.

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 09:12:37 AM »
:(  RIP Robin, Mrs Doubtfire

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 09:12:37 AM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 10:13:23 AM »
I was so sad too :(
I must have watched every single movie he made, W just told me he did some stand up comedy which I never knew... and that he curses! it's hard to imagine that sweet funny man cursing, probably makes it even funnier.

descanse en paz.

Yes, His stand up comedy was what catapulted him into TV and then movie stardom. He was soooo quick to respond with hilarious lines to live audiences. He made three monster hit HBO shows doing just stand up--a one man show---but he played dozens of characters in them. I bet some of his stand up shows are on-line. He was the master of improvisation.

Sort of sad to watch about now, but perhaps William's greatest influence and mentor. the late Jonathan Winters, is worth looking for clips of--Winters was also an incredibly talented comedian!
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Ray

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 03:51:51 PM »

Frankly, I'm sick and tired of the non-stop moronic media coverage since his death. I wish they would just STFU and give it a rest!

ABC News even had a stupid helicopter hovering over his family's home. What the F#&@ for?

And other morons are harassing his daughter on Twitter? Screw them and screw twitter!!

Sorry, but I just can't get excited or sympathetic whenever another Hollyweird star kills himself/herself...

RIP...

Ray

Offline kai #2

• The Traveling Swordsman
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 08:07:57 PM »
+1, and police are gunning down innocent young black men. No tears for the victims of whats now an ever increasing police state. No media coverage for those guys because screw those guys, Mrs Doubtfire was way more important

Frankly, I'm sick and tired of the non-stop moronic media coverage since his death. I wish they would just STFU and give it a rest!

ABC News even had a stupid helicopter hovering over his family's home. What the F#&@ for?

And other morons are harassing his daughter on Twitter? Screw them and screw twitter!!

Sorry, but I just can't get excited or sympathetic whenever another Hollyweird star kills himself/herself...

RIP...

Ray

Offline piglett

• your porkness
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 07:20:58 PM »

RIP...

Ray
most of those hollywood hollywierd types die before they ever reach 65

i thought he played some funny parts in movies/TV shows

but when someone kills themselves i just don't see the point in making it into a huge story

he spoke the lines that some writer someplace wrote

sorry but that doesn't make him all that special in my book

piglett 
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
  • Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 07:53:58 PM »

Robin Williams was a very talented person. Being around musicians in my past I have met some very talented people and it seemed that most of them had some serious problems. Maybe I am lucky to be just mediocre. I enjoyed Robin William's work. I didn't realize how messed up his personal life was.
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Wildstubby

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2018, 07:24:11 PM »
I just saw this topic and thought I would comment here. One of the things that was not said about Robin Williams is that he suffered from Lewys Dementia! This is a very aggressive form of dementia that makes a person unable to distinguish between reality and a dream. I know about this because my uncle suffered from it and he died from a blood hemorrhage at the age of 64! Unlike Alzheimer's which usually takes years to completely envelope a person, Lewys Dementia manifests itself very quickly, to the point that the caretakers for these people often refer to the patients as 'Sunsetters' because their 'light' is going out rather quickly. It is a shame none the less though!!

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 345