It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: My wife is confused lol  (Read 12377 times)

Offline Wildstubby

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: My wife is confused lol
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2019, 04:20:45 PM »
Robert angel said:
If bananas and sausages in your pants work for you, if one night stands and countless 'crash and burns' with the women you consistently speak so badly of works for you, so be it. Carry on.

If not, change it up. Although I don't think anybody here sees that happening, I suppose it's remotely possible.

Meanwhile, you don't sound or at least you don't come across here, like a particularly happy fella. More like someone who's gonna die in some cheap room, maybe with a ham sandwich ho, one who will take anything materially valuable before leaving your cold dead body alone. Again.
Don't forget the infamous "puta de cara"!

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2019, 05:42:44 PM »
Robert angel said:Don't forget the infamous "puta de cara"!

Cara de puta.

AKA thousand cock stare

https://youtu.be/f4ZU6Nra5LQ

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2019, 07:04:23 PM »

I think Robert takes you and Mudd way to seriously.

I think all of your posts should start out with...... I live in Colombia and I have lived there for many years and I absolutely have no intention of ever leaving Colombia. jajaja

And after that say what ever it is you are going to say and let people put it in the proper context.

Yea, I need to lighten up a bit. I paint a lot of things and sometimes,  even people, with too much piss, venom and poison ink.

Nothing and nobody, is as black (or for that matter) probably as white = good, as I lay down.

More humor, my just rolling with it, would do nothing but good.

Most of us here do dramatize a bit, but I need to take a chill pill, not take this place too seriously.

Makes a guy petty, older, a waste of energy. Sleep more, piss less and for crying out loud, try and laugh more....

Internet's an odd animal.

Good Lord, I'd probably buy my ole nemisis and battle axe 'Ray' a beer in S. California bar, if I met him and didn't know he was from here.

I might even pay Awesome to wash my car, while Ray and and  I quaffed  some brewskies....LOL...

My nose just gets outta joint when there's any even remote negative connotation about my wife.

But hey, I admit my own post set up a stage scene, a 'poke op' (a new phrase?)---I set up---like a bowling lane, pins and all, for potshots.

Props to those who didn't call me out, because I was over the top.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2019, 07:04:23 PM »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2019, 08:16:10 AM »
Yea, I need to lighten up a bit. I paint a lot of things and sometimes,  even people, with too much piss, venom and poison ink.

Nothing and nobody, is as black (or for that matter) probably as white = good, as I lay down.

Most of us here do dramatize a bit, but I need to take a chill pill, not take this place too seriously.

Makes a guy petty, older, a waste of energy. Sleep more, piss less and for crying out loud, try and laugh more....

Good Lord, I'd probably buy my ole nemisis and battle axe 'Ray' a beer in S. California bar, if I met him and didn't know he was from here.

I might even pay Awesome to wash my car, while Ray and and  I quaffed  some brewskies....LOL...

My nose just gets outta joint when there's any even remote negative connotation about my wife.

But hey, I admit my own post set up a stage scene, a 'poke op' (a new phrase?)---I set up---like a bowling lane, pins and all, for potshots.

Sorry Robert- dint mean to cross the line withthe wife swapping thing. Still , with all due respect, the whole thing seems a little immature - wasting these womens time just to boost your ego?

Anyway, I think people give a little too much detail about their personal lives on here-thats why I dont go into too much detail on my own.

Speaking of wife swapping-or "swingers" better said- there was one guy on another now defunct  site who married a Caleña and supposedly him and her were "swingers"  in Cali.

My personal feelings is he guy is a Cuck. Vey low self esteem.Who in their right mind wants to share. ? Espescially if you are supporting her economically in anyway. Might as well just be into hookers , relations of convenience and one night stands. Forget about marriage or cohabitation.

Same with cheating and having mozas like the Colombians do.. If things arent good enough in the bedroom, time to see a sex therapist and work it out.

Guess I am old fashioned.I deliver loyalty and I wont tolerate nothing else from my partner. Punto cerrado
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 08:18:20 AM by Elexpatriado »

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2019, 12:35:55 PM »

Sorry Robert- dint mean to cross the line withthe wife swapping thing. Still , with all due respect, the whole thing seems a little immature - wasting these womens time just to boost your ego?

Anyway, I think people give a little too much detail about their personal lives on here-thats why I dont go into too much detail on my own.

Speaking of wife swapping-or "swingers" better said- there was one guy on another now defunct  site who married a Caleña and supposedly him and her were "swingers"  in Cali.

My personal feelings is he guy is a Cuck. Vey low self esteem.Who in their right mind wants to share. ? Espescially if you are supporting her economically in anyway. Might as well just be into hookers , relations of convenience and one night stands. Forget about marriage or cohabitation.

Same with cheating and having mozas like the Colombians do.. If things arent good enough in the bedroom, time to see a sex therapist and work it out.

Guess I am old fashioned.I deliver loyalty and I wont tolerate nothing else from my partner. Punto cerrado
Reveal too much? I don't think so. RA's disclosure about his first marriage and numerous other things could be very helpful to many...Besides, every post is revealing.  Even those who are very guarded reveal alot in part because they are guarded. Who gives a s--- anyway? Nobody's giving away credit or debit card numbers here...you have given very few details about your marriage experience but I am sure it could be useful to someone reading and possibly help them avoid the same....

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2019, 01:21:23 PM »
Reveal too much? I don't think so. RA's disclosure about his first marriage and numerous other things could be very helpful to many...Besides, every post is revealing.  Even those who are very guarded reveal alot in part because they are guarded. Who gives a s--- anyway? Nobody's giving away credit or debit card numbers here...you have given very few details about your marriage experience but I am sure it could be useful to someone reading and possibly help them avoid the same....

My experience wouldnt be any different than   anybody elses story  who has posted horror stories on here.

Suffice to say I have not been heeding the old adage "fool me once shame on me..fool me twice...etc."..and not follwing my own "advice " which I have posted on here (eg the 24 red flags, so many others).

At least I have not made the major mistake of importing a woman to Canada.

Anyway, I am in a New relationship now for over year.Hope it works out..but there are no gusrantees in life.

I did make a recommendation to a.member on here not to bring a whole family ( 3 people) to the US at more than 50 years of age, better just to wait a couple years and retire and move to Colombia to Panamá...  based on the same.mistake I almost made when I was 50..but it fell.on deaf ears.

You can lead a horse to water but you cant.make him drink
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 01:24:09 PM by Elexpatriado »

Offline Wildstubby

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2019, 02:46:59 PM »
mambocowboy said:
Reveal too much? I don't think so. RA's disclosure about his first marriage and numerous other things could be very helpful to many...Besides, every post is revealing.  Even those who are very guarded reveal alot in part because they are guarded. Who gives a s--- anyway? Nobody's giving away credit or debit card numbers here...you have given very few details about your marriage experience but I am sure it could be useful to someone reading and possibly help them avoid the same..
I thought that was what the reason for these boards? I know elex has accused me of revealing too much information. My deal is that if someone can benefit by avoiding a pitfall that I stepped in, more power to him! Like I stated before, I am rooting for everyone to be a winner, (including you elex!). I'm not sitting here thinking, "Well, I hope that stupid bastard makes the same mistake as me and falls flat on his face!"

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2019, 02:47:43 PM »

Thanks, M.C.!!!

I never asked, but some members here have sent me unsolicited information about certain guys, people who tend to irritate here,  some who doth claim to value their  'privacy' , but I got info they felt compelled to give me. Basically at times was like their 'resume',  albeit not submitted with their approval. Hell, stuff telling me what town they were born in, high school, college, companies they worked at over the years, general reputation, where they REALLY resided abroad etc.

Like in the general world, some people say one thing and the reality is quite possibly different. I'm not into 'all that' but at times i've weighed the stories, the sources and just thought, 'wow man', unable to make any true, valid conclusion, even if I cared to. It's just a weird world out there.

But like I owed up to yesterday,  once you put something out here in the main, once the 'modify post' period is done, or after like some guys love to do, immediately quoting it right below your orginal post (for posterity, I suppose) you're fair game for all to respond, for them to 'call you out' here.

Sure I get pissed off and spout my venom sometimes here, but once I've got a grip on myself back on, and I realize it's not my place to judge like as if I was running heavens gate, here, there or anywhere.

Gotta enough of my own dirt to worry about, LOL. But like my son's used to scream in the bathtub about around age four, "It's MY dirt, put it back!" Now that I am bald, I can better appreciate their first visit to the barber, where it was: "It's MY hair, take it off the floor and put it back ON"

Not minding my own business, one idle time, really the only time I took the initiative to do such a thing, I 'googled' a guy's unusual handle, namely his member name here.
It was a guy from the Asian forum and much to my suprise, a lot about his church, family pictures and more, came up. Sobered me up, and I don't even drink!

Especially if you post across a lot of boards, it's hard to not reveal enough eventually that if a diggers gonna dig, they won't find stuff.

Hell, anybody here who's on face book has literally had their personal life bought and sold and that's just from and to the so called 'legit' people.

There's tons more, other sketchy people who'll take pics of people and info on FB, dating sites, from anywhere and find someway to explot you, try aND sell you something. Your cellphone is a conduit to people seeking info, even if you turn ( like I do) turn 'location' OFF. Deleted texts, call RECORDINGS, numbers called and when, all can be retrieved.

There's reasons why cellphone batteries aren't removable anymore and it's NOT fire safety.

I don't do facebook, but I once spent ten minutes looking at my wife's FB , (which is well guarded, conservative) and at her Linkdin and business profiles and before I CHANGED them, we were shocked at how easy it was to get access to her picture, phone number and address--it WAS all available online at that time, if you searched and put together a few pieces. For all the Ted Bundies out there!

No more.

But anything you do online is traceable. Just assume where ever you go website wise, whatever you write here and anywhere on line, whatever you order, that it's KEYLOGGED somewhere. Google and you'll find your PL posts online, where they quoted something that you said. The cops find it easier in court to get a search warrant and present any dirt on you from a confiscated hard drive. But even if you melted it in hydrochloric acid, they can still nail you. Even a VPN =  'virtual private network' isn't a total answer.

My son is in a Masters Degreen program that has an incredibly intense focus on AI--- "Artificial Intelligence" ultra high level Math--Math subjects I never heard of--they make 'Calculus' look like a couple kid's wooden play blocks. PLUS coding, programming....

I thought that the ten thousand pound gorilla of 'being too nosy in our business' was Google, maybe Microsoft. So I asked him.

He said, " No Dad, it's Bezos and AMAZON --they own more of 'The CLOUD' than Google, Microsoft and about the next ten purveyors, owners of cloud storage combined. A large % of the corporate world uses amazon. Their tentacles extend into space, with their multi billion dollar space program, (Musk competitor), but the tentacle are getting more invasive back on earth too.

Whether you have Amazon's 'Alexa' or Google's 'Home' devices , they're not just 'listening' to everything that goes on in your house, they're RECORDING it.

Just one example below, where the court ordered Amazon Alexa recordings of a 48 hour period from a home where a double murder occurred.

https://techcrunch.com/2018/11/14/amazon-echo-recordings-judge-murder-case/

I remember one of my kids said if I smacked him ( with good cause) that he'd call the cops, have me arrested, make me lose my professional working credentials and put me in a trailer park.

Stranger things have happened and do and nowadays, like murders, they are recorded by Alexa and Google Home EVERY day and hour, 24X7. They're just ramping up, 'big brother's ' eyes and EARS are bigger than ever, worldwide.

https://techcrunch.com/2018/11/14/amazon-echo-recordings-judge-murder-case/

Anyway, I then smacked him twice as hard and said: "Don't forget to bring your Xbox 360 with you to the trailer park, punk"

I guess nowadays, he could just ask Alexa to play back the recording for the cops.And get a amazon video recording setup for Christmas too.

Uncle Jeff has everything, except for the hot (for his and her age wife), the lovely Honda Oddesey minivan Mama who's driving his 4 kids. (And made good money from her job, writing novels, has made her own $$$.

Soon to be a divorcee with about 70 billion dollars, all you eligible bachelors!

Hell, there are cameras in most medium and up population size toens/cities nowadays, in commercial and residential areas, to the point where I can hardly find a bush or alley to take a piss without worrying about being on 'candid camera' and hauled into court.

There's city in China, millions in population, that does nothing but make outdoor video cameras. Could LOOK like a brick, building siding, street light, tree branch,  even a bird, all that---- they make a camera disguised as such, and sell millions of such cameras for the entire world.

We have satellites in space that can read individual car's license plates.

Not all this tech is nearly as fully used as it will be in the future. It's been around a while actually, but they're looking at new ways it can be used generate income and gather more 'personal' info on us. Storage does cost money, but earns it too.

But I don't care HOW much you might think your life's private, how far off, how much you might think that you 'live off the grid' ----privacy AIN'T what it used to be, and somebody, something's got your name and number and probably some sh!t on you somehow, somewhere....

Offline JWR

• Divorced after a 10 year marriage to a Colombiana
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2019, 03:31:44 PM »
I enjoy Elex's posts because he lives down there, and it's just interesting hearing from someone who's made the move.  Some of the boring stuff like cost of living, and how guys go about their life on a daily basis is not boring to me.  Maybe there's some guys around here that don't post, but who would also like to hear more of the basics.  Maybe it's boring to write about, but I appreciate the posts.

I find myself at a stage in life where I'm 55, no kids/family, and financially able to do pretty much whatever I want.  I could go live in Colombia 6 months out of the year, or even go live there permanently if I wanted.  I think having too many options is sometimes more confusing then only having a couple to choose from.  Indecision is really the only thing that holds me back from making another move.
I do agree with some of Elex's and other guys opinions about leaving them down there.  Once you're in your mid 50s it's probably better to not put yourself financially at great risk.  It's pretty hard to bounce back financially if you lose a heap when closer to retiring age. 

Overall I've spent a couple years down there, and 6 months down there and 6 months up here seems about the right mix for me.  Problem is there isn't much way to keep a good relationship going with that sort of plan. 

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2019, 04:27:13 PM »
mambocowboy said:I thought that was what the reason for these boards? I know elex has accused me of revealing too much information. My deal is that if someone can benefit by avoiding a pitfall that I stepped in, more power to him! Like I stated before, I am rooting for everyone to be a winner, (including you elex!). I'm not sitting here thinking, "Well, I hope that stupid bastard makes the same mistake as me and falls flat on his face!"

You really think I think that way?

Sorry but. I just call them.like I see them .If people dont want to.listen..I truly hope for the best for everyone.

But remember Benjies statistics..only 30%  of guys who bring their wives to North América marraige last more than 2 years.

I can find that really easy to believe, especially from a guy who has lived it.

And in 2 more Human beings to  take care of and I personally dont think.the odds go up.

But maybe I am too negative. I hope so. I hope everyone is sucsessful.in their endeavours.

But that kind of thing is not for me.

I am.not afraid to die "alone". Thats what morphine, Euthanasia and live in Colombian nurses are for.

There are really no guarantees anyway.You can o ly make tehe best choice you can as far as.people go and hope for the best.

I am too busy enjoying my life than to worry about the last few weeks of existence.

THATS FOR YOU MUDD LOL

My life is and has been too good to worry about dieing. LoL

Offline Wildstubby

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2019, 07:13:13 PM »
That's the difference elex. You live your life and I'll live mine!

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2019, 08:18:31 AM »
Gotta say I enjoy most posts here. That said, I take them all with a grain of salt the size of a large rock.

I probably over state how well my marriage is. Mine's pretty low maintainance, but I take it for granted too much. Any marriage worth anything, takes some work, some active action to keep it 'alive'.

For example. I could, I should do more. I no doubt have it pretty good, but my wife's probably TOO patient when I'm not sorting thru and tossing tons of stuff, books, magazines, all the crap in the garage, stuff I leave lying around the house, plants to be planted in the garden--all piling up. I'm a pack rat, she's a minimalist. Once in a while, she'll blow up, but in hours, she's cool again.

Not holding onto to anger is one of our greatest blessings.

But if there's ANYTHING I'd like you guys to take away from this post ( I should've front loaded it)

MAKE HER LAUGH MORE. Sometimes we get too caught up in work, cellphones, TV, electronics, media, interpersonal family dramas, etc.

My wife's had to remind me we haven't had a good laugh in quite a while. RESPECT is 1st and formost, but if ya ain't having any funny moments, if the laughter's gone, it's kinda like sex in a way.....

She asks me to tell her the crazy stories, the unbelievable (but true) stories about me growing up, my siblings, family, etc.

Too easy to take each other granted, especially after the years have gone by, too easy to not try and have fun in different, fresh ways.

If not careful, she might wake up one day and think "Is that all there is?"

I've probably relayed more crazy sh!t about growing up, posting it here, than I told her. Last night, while walking a few miles around the lake, I realized that while telling her how I was forging report cards back in 3rd grade, then later on got blank report cards from a sweetheart of an otherwise wholesome high school office girl, who liked my delinquent ass. I'd never told her. She had a bunch if questions--why I never asked the girl to be my GF, etc....

So on a roll, I told her more--- how I'd go to NYC's 42nd st. and get blank driver's licenses and college IDs, fill them out on typewriters, then laminate and sell them, charging more for higher grades or for more prestigious colleges. She about fell over when I recalled how I 'put' one fellow delinquent kid in the "University of Alcatraz". She was cracking up!!!

All you guys have tales about growing up she'd be interested in more than the news or weather.

Yea, if you can't make each other laugh and smile anymore, if life's mysteries and humor are lost between the two of you, if the 'thrill', if the fun is all gone----it's gonna go from grey to dark. To dust....

If you have kids, go to great lengths to get a good sitter and take her out on dates, to the beach, dinner a movie, etc. Get wild, 'helping' her in the kitchen.  Make the the time and events happen. Plan, but also be spontaneous sometimes. Women love surprises. It'll be better for the whole family.

Don't let it all go down hill after the 'courting' days and months, don't let the 'honeymoon' be the highest peak you ever get to.

Offline buenopues4

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2019, 04:32:39 PM »

Good post Robert, I'd forgotten those guys but be careful who you meet. I met Hoda once (remember him?) at Chipichapi and we had had a good long friendly conversation. Then he turned out to be a real back stabber.
Also your personal anecdotes are often informative but they're too long.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2019, 04:32:39 PM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2019, 10:14:09 AM »

Good post Robert, I'd forgotten those guys but be careful who you meet. I met Hoda once (remember him?) at Chipichapi and we had had a good long friendly conversation. Then he turned out to be a real back stabber.
Also your personal anecdotes are often informative but they're too long.
I hear you. My mind works free form, flows and my posts spin and ramble on forever sometimes.

Most sites have much shorter posts. While some guys can digest a long one, most prefer shorter ones and I if they DO read mine, they probably gloss over them.

Well. I can try and shorten them. Or break them up. Less can be more.

Offline Fosgate5

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2019, 10:59:50 AM »

I'm with ya Robert. Most of you guys are good [snip]s on this site. I see many of us in a group setting of a bar, buy you all a round. Watch the single guys cock block each other and us married guys swapping stories about "Back in the day." At the end of the night we'd all be fhit saced. Take Robert home to Joy first and prop his drunk azz against the door, ring the buzzer and run. Goto the next guy and take him in, toss him on the bed and then, "Alexa, set alarm for 3am to horror movie sounds.", crisco your kitchen floor etc and on to the next....

I too rabidly defend my filipina wife. There is just something about filipinas I think that make you feel so important to them that it brings out the old chivelry in a guy and makes us want to be so much better for them.

Far as good looking women in the US. There are a lot of good looking women out there once you look past the butch-feminists-SJW EMO-purple haired-pajama wearing at Walmart-Hippopotamus-crazy cat ladies, there are a few. Over the age of 30 though there is certainly a high ratio of the former and the ones that are hot are frequently bar whores or other serious issues. Once you hit 40 the pool really starts to shrink to a 50/50 chance with a divorcee that isn't toxic or a widow that wasn't the one that killed her husband.

Funny but oh so true
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QueiHJLV8S4

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2019, 12:49:47 PM »

I'm with ya Robert. Most of you guys are good [snip]s on this site. I see many of us in a group setting of a bar, buy you all a round. Watch the single guys cock block each other and us married guys swapping stories about "Back in the day." At the end of the night we'd all be fhit saced. Take Robert home to Joy first and prop his drunk azz against the door, ring the buzzer and run. Goto the next guy and take him in, toss him on the bed and then, "Alexa, set alarm for 3am to horror movie sounds.", crisco your kitchen floor etc and on to the next....

I too rabidly defend my filipina wife. There is just something about filipinas I think that make you feel so important to them that it brings out the old chivelry in a guy and makes us want to be so much better for them.

Far as good looking women in the US. There are a lot of good looking women out there once you look past the butch-feminists-SJW EMO-purple haired-pajama wearing at Walmart-Hippopotamus-crazy cat ladies, there are a few. Over the age of 30 though there is certainly a high ratio of the former and the ones that are hot are frequently bar whores or other serious issues. Once you hit 40 the pool really starts to shrink to a 50/50 chance with a divorcee that isn't toxic or a widow that wasn't the one that killed her husband.

Funny but oh so true
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QueiHJLV8S4

Thanks Fos,

You were one of a handful of posters here that I prolly would've wondered how things were going, but I sense good, now and long term for you both.

But yea, once the dating pool in the USA hits around age 40, the damage life and society here has wrought makes it a lot harder to meet people.

The good ones are presumably in good stable relationships. Many others, coming off dysfunctional lives and marriages, sooner or later show difficult signs of 'Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome'.

Once you're late 30's into 40's, the dating field in the USA is strewn with land mines and time bombs.

While you CAN still find a good gal here----but even then, the journey is often long and disheartening , with slim pickins for finding the 'good fruit'

Offline Wildstubby

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2019, 01:58:19 PM »
Robert angel said:
Thanks Fos,

You were one of a handful of posters here that I prolly would've wondered how things were going, but I sense good, now and long term for you both.

But yea, once the dating pool in the USA hits around age 40, the damage life and society here has wrought makes it a lot harder to meet people.

The good ones are presumably in good stable relationships. Many others, coming off dysfunctional lives and marriages, sooner or later show difficult signs of 'Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome'.

Once you're late 30's into 40's, the dating field in the USA is strewn with land mines and time bombs.

While you CAN still find a good gal here----but even then, the journey is often long and disheartening , with slim pickins for finding the 'good fruit'
After the ex left me, (but during the 'great war'), I sought out a counselor because I was having issues dealing with the guilt of a failed marriage. This counselor was the same one that treated my ex's depression, lack of attention, yada, yada, yada. He told me to avoid getting hooked up with a woman that has the same needs, and 'mental issues' as my ex. Because the results would be the same. He said to steer clear of women like that because I dealt with it for all that time, (25 years!), and that I would think that is normal behavior for a woman! First red flag that showed even the slightest amount of lack of emotional or has a narcissistic driven personality, I was to bail out immediately! I was on POF, Match.com, Eharmony, all in search of someone but with most showing 'red flags' of some sort. I went to Colombia several times. It took me while but I finally found one without a narcissistic personality so I am going to see if it will fly!

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2019, 03:55:20 PM »
Robert angel said:After the ex left me, (but during the 'great war'), I sought out a counselor because I was having issues dealing with the guilt of a failed marriage. This counselor was the same one that treated my ex's depression, lack of attention, yada, yada, yada. He told me to avoid getting hooked up with a woman that has the same needs, and 'mental issues' as my ex. Because the results would be the same. He said to steer clear of women like that because I dealt with it for all that time, (25 years!), and that I would think that is normal behavior for a woman! First red flag that showed even the slightest amount of lack of emotional or has a narcissistic driven personality, I was to bail out immediately! I was on POF, Match.com, Eharmony, all in search of someone but with most showing 'red flags' of some sort. I went to Colombia several times. It took me while but I finally found one without a narcissistic personality so I am going to see if it will fly!

Good Lord, so dang true!! Subconsciously,  unconsciously, be it man or woman, we tend to end up repeatedly with the same type of 'significant other' - a person with the same worst characteristics that doomed the last relationship.

Sometimes (not to get too freudian);it goes back to marrying people like a person's dysfunctional parent/s.

If substance addictive tendacies and behaviors being commonly passed from parents to offspring isn't sad enough, we often reinvent the wheel, ending up with the same damn kind of wheel in the form a spouse or GF over and over again, someone who's addicted, physically abusive, mentally abused and damaged, who maybe has a hair trigger temper.

Toxic over time, but we don't see and realize it until we're thick in the middle of it.

Again.

We don't mean to, but it happens a helluva alot and it often takes an outside opinion we actually DO value before we  'wake up, smell the coffee' and break the cycle.

Again, I said advice from people who you "value" their personal (or professional) opinion, NOT the general consensus.

If it wasn't bad enough that I got accused  by some ignorant people (folks of secondary importance to me) of falling into that very same mindset by going back and marrying a Filipina my 2nd time around, I had some of them saying they look alike! Yeah, all Asians and Black people do, right?--NOT!

Still, I had to give it some thought, thinking it over before deciding, then saying to myself: "WTF do THEY know and WHY should I care?"
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 09:37:54 PM by robert angel »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2019, 08:46:02 AM »
"""What are the odds of a second marriage working?
Statistics show that in the U.S., 50% percent of first marriages, 67% of second, and 74% of third marriages end in divorce. Second marriages have difficulty for a number of reasons. First, once a person discovers that he or she can manage a divorce, they are less scared of going through the process again."""

Also:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-intelligent-divorce/201202/the-high-failure-rate-second-and-third-marriages%3famp

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2019, 09:19:16 AM »
I would have to say that American women are the most unattractive on earth. You go into a Walmart (where I never shop) and look at the specimens of Trump's chosen people.

trumps chosen people? how do you know they voted for trump? some of the fattest, laziest  people i know are democrats, but do i say they are Hillary's people? nope.

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2019, 11:11:37 AM »

trumps chosen people? how do you know they voted for trump? some of the fattest, laziest  people i know are democrats, but do i say they are Hillary's people? nope.

Simple demographics. Trump's base is old, white, religious. Of course you do see a lot of Latinos in Wally Mart so it's not all Trump cult members.

Hillary's people? LMAO, Hillary doesn't have any people! Even the people who voted for her hated her.

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2019, 02:23:05 PM »

Simple demographics. Trump's base is old, white, religious. Of course you do see a lot of Latinos in Wally Mart so it's not all Trump cult members.

Hillary's people? LMAO, Hillary doesn't have any people! Even the people who voted for her hated her.

apparently you havent been to my walmart . about 1/3 are Hispanic.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2019, 04:35:55 PM »

apparently you havent been to my walmart . about 1/3 are Hispanic.

We have one of their newer, smaller concepts, "Your Neighborhood (walmart) Market" and it's still always about 3rd or 4th choice shopping for "necessities" --dry goods, bottled water maybe.

We hate the atmosphere in pretty much all Walmart operations. We get a mix of whites, blacks and Hispanics. I get a 'green tan' from their cheap florescent lights, low rent atmosphere. Still it's easy to walk into a Sam's, to get coffee and end up buying a hundred bucks of 'not necessities'

But when the economy suffers (again) the survival of stores that sell things people >'need'< vs things people >'want'<, will make things clearer.

We'd much prefer a Trader Joe's and a Costco come to town. If you shop carefully,  you don't have to pay more (if any) for better goods and service.

Just a shame that regardless, they all tend to end pushing out 'Mom n Pop' stores---bakeries, hardware, butchers, bicycle shop etc, into closing, out of business.

Then the conquering chains raise prices.

I try and support 'middle of the road' retailers, but it's not so easy anymore.

Higher up the retail chain, we just lost Sears and kmart and nationwide, that's just the start of a.com and wm.com devouring 95% of the retail market by going online.

The malls aren't long for the world either.

People nowadays will online view dozens  then  buy 3 pairs of the same shoes, pants, shirts, but in different sizes and colors, getting them in 2 days, then sending all back, except for one favorite, all free of charge and tried on at home.. Why waste gas and time?

It sure isn't the 70s or early 80s, where in much of the USA, you drove into town to stores that had your 'stuff',  bars to drink in and non chain restaurants to eat in.

Even a.com is trying to buy into the last of the 'brick and mortar', neighborhood market business, via places like (overpriced) wholefoods grocery stores, probably hoping to pull the plug altogether later.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 04:57:17 PM by robert angel »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2019, 04:35:55 PM »

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2019, 04:48:09 PM »
We have one of their newer, smaller concepts, "Your Neighborhood walmart) Market" and it's still always about 3rd or 4th choice shopping for "necessities" --dry goods, bottled water maybe. We hate the atmosphere in pretty much all Walmart operations. We get a mix of whites, blacks and Hispanics. I get a 'green tan' from their cheap florescent lights, low rent atmosphere. Still it's easy to walk into a Sam's, to get coffee and end up buying a hundred bucks of 'not necessities'

But when the economy suffers (again) the survival of stores that sell things people >'need'< vs things people >'want'<, will make things clearer.

We'd much prefer a Trader Joe's and a Costco come to town. If you shop carefully,  you don't have to pay more (if any) for better goods and service.

Just a shame that regardless, they all tend to end pushing out 'Mom n Pop' stores---bakeries, hardware, butchers, bicycle shop etc, into closing, out of business.

Then the chains raise prices.

I try and support 'middle of the road' retailers, but it's not so easy anymore.

Higher up the retail chain, we just lost Sears and kmart and nationwide, that's just the start of a.com and wm.com devouring 95% of the retail market by going online.

The malls aren't long for the world either. People nowadays will buy 3 pairs of the same shoes, pants, shirts, but in different sizes and colors, getting them in 2 days, then sending all back, except for one favorite, all free of charge and tried on at home.. Why waste gas and time?

yep i get it, i prefer target or smart and final. only go to Walmart when its something that the others dont have. unfortunately, walmart seems to  have pretty much everything, problem is, most of it is cheap Chinese crap

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2019, 05:15:49 PM »

yep i get it, i prefer target or smart and final. only go to Walmart when its something that the others dont have. unfortunately, walmart seems to  have pretty much everything, problem is, most of it is cheap Chinese crap

Just sad and humiliating for those USA citizens who can ONLY shop at Walmart, because Walmart closed the businesses they once had better jobs at, before walmart changed their world.

You buy a kitchen electric appliance, a lawnmower or a 1000 things that look identical elsewhere 'across town' they ARENT.

Walmart forces, actually financially strong arms providers to 'decontent' equipment, cutting corners on a LOT of brand label items that 'look' the same outside. Thinner gauge metal, lower wattage motors, smaller amounts in larger boxes, etc.

If the supplier sends next years items at a fair price increase due to material costs, Walmart  often tells the company to 'eat the loss', threatening to find a different supplier.

Customer's often get even less than what they think they're getting there, down to the bags that a half gallon of milk will rip thru.

Cheap, greedy badtards.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 345