It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Every body's hot, hot, hot...  (Read 1861 times)

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Wildstubby

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Every body's hot, hot, hot...
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 08:37:31 AM »
It's funny that my fiance in Ibague complained about the heat. I told her, "What do you expect? You live ~5° above the equator!" I also said she could be here where it has been about 35°F and gallons of rain! She complained about it being cold there once when it was 72°F. I let her know that she was going to get a 'new' definition of cold!!! :)

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 10:20:39 AM »
It's funny that my fiance in Ibague complained about the heat. I told her, "What do you expect? You live ~5° above the equator!" I also said she could be here where it has been about 35°F and gallons of rain! She complained about it being cold there once when it was 72°F. I let her know that she was going to get a 'new' definition of cold!!! :)

Yes, you really need to be as up front, perhaps even brutally honest about how severe, especially in comparison, our climate in portions of North America, can be.

Actually, I think that's a good idea being upfront, maybe even exaggerating, about the worst of everything about YOU, as well as how life in general is here. My wife knew before we met that my kids, who lived with me, were a handful, (to put it mildly), that I didn't keep a tidy house, etc, etc...But hey, if you lose your temper, fart, belch, pick your nose and swear, don't put on a totally different act on cam or while visiting. Lose your temper at least once!

Sometimes I miss seeing the pizza boxes, Chinese food containers, playstation and x box cables everywhere, but overall, it's better now. Even the curtains on the windows, nice plates and matching  silverware. Who'd have thunk I would grow to appreciate appearing more, shall we say, "civilized"?

One of the greatest couples here ever, Whitey and Nazly, live not far from Toronto, Ontario. I don't think they could be much happier. Whitey's sent me pics of them outside after a big snowstorm and her BQ, Colombiana smile and morena loveliness, tossing snowballs, more than making up for the lack of sun and warm temps up there.

This place is dead as it's ever been, but a couple years back, it was full of nasty, non 'awesome' members, some who tag teamed and attacked members and newbies alike, the trolling was awful and Whitey (and others) simply left.

But weather wise, almost any female can adjust. It's harder when its 83 New Years day, like it was here, (a new record high) and you're at the ocean beach, then a few days later, in the 40s, with a howling wind. Then a nonwindy, balmy 70's today..

Yesterday it was 50s and 60s, with a 30-35 mph wind outside and my wife didn't ask, but I know she was happy when I turned the thermostat to 72!

But she has friends from her country now in Illinois,  Michigan, Alaska etc., and they never complain about the weather! About the rat race work pace, the way you might make what 'seems' like a lot of money, but isn't here, how disrespectful children here are, about the lack of family quality time maybe, but rarely the weather.

The other day a friend merely commented that in their part of Michigan, they'd just gotten 9 inches of snow and the temperature was about zero. La te da, life goes on....

Here or there, somehow, no matter how hot or cold, babies still keep getting made anyway. Or at least people still practice! Air conditioning is still fairly uncommon at a lot of social levels abroad, but I'd hazard a guess that the birthrate amongst the poor there is probably higher than that of the same 'air conditioned' age group, up in the top ten percent, wealthwise

I wonder how Fosgate's bride is adjusting to the weather? They seem like a tight team, and I imagine quite well....
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 08:07:53 PM by robert angel »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 10:20:39 AM »

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 01:40:55 PM »
lol thats funny, you have to tell colombians, not to have sex with its so hot, its miserable?   that's  like telling a kid, " dont put your hand in the fire"  :o ;D ;D

Offline Wildstubby

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 02:09:25 PM »
mudd said:
lol thats funny, you have to tell colombians, not to have sex with its so hot, its miserable?   that's  like telling a kid, " dont put your hand in the fire"
Yeah it is! My fiance sent that message to me. I chuckled when I read it! ;D Her sister adjusted to the weather here also. She only lives down in Washington DC but they tend to get more snow and cold weather than we have been getting! It's too bad that trolls and such have to run people away. I like getting info and learning from the mistakes of others. That's why I am so brutally honest with my posts. I'll share them so someone else can benefit from my mistakes!

Offline buenopues4

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2019, 04:08:55 PM »
It's true the heat in Cali has been exceptional in the last couple of weeks, maybe record breaking.

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2019, 04:15:39 PM »
Real difference from last year

Offline Wildstubby

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2019, 04:22:45 PM »
'Gettin' down' I thought was the official national past-time of Colombia. For them to make a remark like that it has to be damn hot! Just sayin'! 8)

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2019, 06:40:46 PM »
'Gettin' down' I thought was the official national past-time of Colombia. For them to make a remark like that it has to be damn hot! Just sayin'! 8)
Heat won't stop them ...

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2019, 07:53:34 PM »
It's true the heat in Cali has been exceptional in the last couple of weeks, maybe record breaking.

Same here in South Eastern, N. America. Been super warm this 1st week of 2019. We live a couple hours north of Florida and Jan.1st 2019, had us at the beach, enjoying 83 record breaking degrees, with little kids and adults swimming!  Jan. 1st is USUALLY  the charity raising 'Polar Plunge Day' here, where only crazys dare swim...

Today, it was a balmy 73 degrees at the park lake...Jan. & Feb.--sometimes into March, windy, wet days in the 40's and low 50s are more common here.....Go figure.

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2019, 01:05:05 PM »

Same here in South Eastern, N. America. Been super warm this 1st week of 2019. We live a couple hours north of Florida and Jan.1st 2019, had us at the beach, enjoying 83 record breaking degrees, with little kids and adults swimming!  Jan. 1st is USUALLY  the charity raising 'Polar Plunge Day' here, where only crazys dare swim...

Today, it was a balmy 73 degrees at the park lake...Jan. & Feb.--sometimes into March, windy, wet days in the 40's and low 50s are more common here.....Go figure.

Nice pics as always Robert. My son’s mother will be here in April and I’ll be sure to post plenty!!

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 300