It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Agencies  (Read 12833 times)

Offline Jim Scott

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Agencies
« on: August 06, 2015, 12:16:21 PM »
Hey guys, my name is Jim.  I'm getting divorced, new to this and would like your advice.  I've looked around the web and found International Introductions in Barranquilla (Jamie) that looks legit.  I'll probably sign up w that, but first : Do any of you have experience with other Latin American agencies (preferably Mexican) that are legit ?

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Agencies
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 02:12:45 PM »
Hey guys, my name is Jim.  I'm getting divorced, new to this and would like your advice.  I've looked around the web and found International Introductions in Barranquilla (Jamie) that looks legit.  I'll probably sign up w that, but first : Do any of you have experience with other Latin American agencies (preferably Mexican) that are legit ?

Overall, Jamie's seems to get pretty good reviews here, with a number of success stories--wives won and marriages with staying power, but it's increasingly hard to find agencies that are running nearly as well as in previous years. He sounds like a straight shooter and most stories I recall where guys ended up with women who didn't turn out to be the best matches, Jamie was usually really straight up beforehand, warning them, but they didn't listen.

Take your time--this isn't a cornbread recipe, that's for sure.

It's smart, as you're doing, to research first, because too many agencies inflate their numbers with girls who really aren't available and haven't been for years, some will send you teaser letters from 'women' who you'll never see--just like anything, there are scams going on.

Using communication technology and social networking networks effectively can really help you out, but if you've been married a while and are coming off that, you might need to brush up in that realm, I don't know. I know I would, as I'm just catching onto things like Viber, Whatsapp, Skype etc. I don't even do facebook, because I can't stand things like people  who have to post pictures of every fancy meal, or materialistic thing they've acquired--I'd be tearing into them and causing discord.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 02:20:07 PM »

There is no big legit agency in Mexico. Tijuana does have a small one. Your best bet with Mexico is to pick an interior city and do some newspaper advertising. I'd even hire a local guide of sorts that's bilingual if you are serious. They can even do some recruiting for you. Pay them the local going rate plus a nice bonus if they can deliver some single women. All they gotta do is stand outside a major employer and hand out fliers. 
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 02:20:07 PM »

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 04:07:30 PM »
If you are not very well acquainted with Mexico and speak Spanish, I think you are asking for trouble. Of course I could say the same thing about Colombia.

Offline Jim Scott

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 08:35:26 PM »

Utopia, you're right : I'm on a risky journey.   I don't know much Spanish (learning more) and ain't familiar w Mexico.  Could spell trouble, but I like it.  So Bcc's point is right on : a legit, trustworthy local guide would mitigate that deficiency.  I could probably hook up with one through a good hotel.  Then local newspaper ads and flyers at factories.   I can see that, Bcc, and it could be a blast.

I'm likely to try Jamie first, though.  Robert confirmed his good rap.  He looks higher probability than the alternatives. I've got about a month before I book this.  In the meantime, Robert, a hasty technology brush-up.  You stand as the goal : a man who can, but doesn't, use Facebook!

Thank you, guys.  Each of you gave me something to ponder.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 10:24:42 PM »
Hi Jim,

The only other agencies I have experience with are mostly dead.  ACG All Colombian Girls in Cali, Colombia may still be active.  They are ok, since they did put some, but not all, women 'advertised' in front of me. 
Yes, International Introductions is legit, you will likely have a high percentage of ladies you like, in front of you during your trip. 

I'd move your divorce along as far as possible. It may not be easy to explain (or heard properly) that you are technically still married. 

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Fathertime! 

09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2015, 07:02:48 AM »
Hi Jim,

The only other agencies I have experience with are mostly dead.  ACG All Colombian Girls in Cali, Colombia may still be active.  They are ok, since they did put some, but not all, women 'advertised' in front of me. 
Yes, International Introductions is legit, you will likely have a high percentage of ladies you like, in front of you during your trip. 

I'd move your divorce along as far as possible. It may not be easy to explain (or heard properly) that you are technically still married. 

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Fathertime!

Just say you're divorced.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2015, 10:01:09 AM »

Just say you're divorced.
You are probably correct, if it isn't technically true, it sounds like it would be in spirit.

Fathertime! 
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Jim Scott

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2015, 10:20:01 PM »
Fathertime, thank you for the agency references and the thumbs up re International Introductions.  I'm gonna sign up with Jamie on Monday and visit Barranquilla in November if I get enough candidates.

You've got a solid point on my divorce.  Although I could get laid on "I'm divorced," the immigration process will bring the facts out.  So its an immigration issue at minimum.  But you also raised the question of how it will be perceived, which I haven't yet fully considered.  In any event, getting it done promptly is the goal.

Bcc, I'm gonna try your approach at the club tonight! 

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2015, 12:42:01 AM »
You aren't going to be pushing any k1 visa paperwork thru until it's finalized anyways. If the timeline ever comes up you could just say the paperwork was already in the works and due to the language barrier it was easier to just say divorced than some complicated explanation for I don't live with her, we've hired lawyers, and the process is underway to end it.

Should you go to baq, df, or where ever all depends on what you are looking for. I come from the educated b2 visa camp... others will push the "family oriented" beach girl from baq. You have to decide what you value. I'm the king of b2 hunting. I've figured that out. That's what I know.

Offline Jim Scott

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2015, 01:45:03 AM »
That's an excellent point, Bcc.  The timing of my divorce should be a technical issue once a woman falls in love with me.  And knowledge that it's pending could prevent that.  I gotta ruminate on this one.

[/size] I'm looking for a fertile, pretty, smart (but not necessarily educated), submissive woman who likes to keep house.[/color][/size]  [/color]What is [/size] the "educated b2 visa" camp ?   And what is a "'family oriented' beach girl from baq" ?[/color]
[/size][/color]

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2015, 09:34:44 AM »
Jim Scott

Welcome to Planet Love.  I haven't experience Jamie's site but I had bought number of ladies from his site ages ago - the service no longer use (pay per e-mail).   I still have friends from his site - actually 2 of them still in my Facebook.   I have had many others in my facebook list ages ago but I have deleted them as they have something like 5,000 friends!!   

Many of men went home with "empty" heart that came from his site, but also many of them had found their love.   It depends on who you are looking for.  If you only want to look for a hot woman with big breasts, big bum, you might not get luck.  Too many competition or the woman is very chosey, or she only wants your $$$ and never shown interests in you, so on .....  Maybe you will be the lucky man. 

Good luck :)

Offline Fosgate5

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2015, 11:37:39 AM »
How you disclose your marital status is your choice. Just remember a couple things. If you lie it is harder to remember what lie you told vs the truth and often innocently encourages the blossom of another lie to be told. If an when you eventually get caught you have no idea at the present about how they will react in the future. Second, Not all the women and just looking for the first American to latch onto and not let go for any reason. The smart serious ones are weeding out the players that are feeding them the perfect "too good to be true" lines of bulll shet.

Personally, I find it more beneficial just to be a man by being honest, positive, upbeat, supportive and also share the ugly truth no matter how bad it is. If they cant deal with that online what do you think a woman like standing in your living room, baffled and probably upset that your world is not at all like what you told them?[/size] Not only that but you probably just blew a chuck of change[/size] go through all the expense of seeing them, bringing them back to the states and a good year and a half of your life doing it. Safe yourself the time, money and mental anquish and be honest. They are giving up their world to be a part of yours.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2015, 11:37:39 AM »

Offline Ray

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2015, 04:20:47 PM »
I agree with the Fos. It's always better to tell the truth when starting a new relationship.

Telling lies about your marital status by claiming to be divorced when you are not is downright STUPID.

Like the OP said, you are NOT eligible to petition a fiancée or get married until the divorce if finalized. Your legal marital status is very important information that a potential mate needs to know and has the right to know. Tell her the truth and let her decide if she wants to proceed with a relationship.

Jim, where are you now in the divorce process?

Thinking about it?
Started the legal process by filing?
Waiting for a final decree?

Ray

« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 04:29:19 PM by Ray »

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2015, 07:52:15 PM »

Telling lies about your marital status by claiming to be divorced when you are not is downright STUPID.

Says the big head to the little head on a friday night. LOL

If he was just thinking about getting divorced, I doubt he'd be very serious about going overseas. If you are sitting at Jamie's with an interpreter you can spell it all out for them. If you are at the club and it's loud... well you get the idea.

How many times have I heard this in the past... Why are you in (DF, SJO, CLO, etc)? I say vacation. Are you single? Yes. You gotta keep it simple. I'm single, divorced, getting divorced, etc all sounds fine. Still married, separated, etc sounds like a cock block.

How lame is it to ramble an explanation like that on a Friday night (especially with a language barrier).

And this is 2015, there is a big difference from casually meeting new people and starting a relationship. If you are wanting to get a bit more serious then sure you do owe it to her to give a full explanation. But you don't owe it to every girl you meet a club or get introduced to.

If he and his wife agree it's over and both understand they can pursue other people, then by all means get out there and mingle.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 07:54:38 PM by bcc_1_2 »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2015, 08:43:05 PM »
If a lady is of any intelligence and is of the quality to make pursuing her for the long term worth your while, she's going to ask you exactly what your marital status is.

If she's not smart enough to ask, I don't think I'd want to have a lot to do with her myself.

As for your statement:

>>And this is 2015, there is a big difference from casually meeting new people and starting a relationship. If you are wanting to get a bit more serious then sure you do owe it to her to give a full explanation. But you don't owe it to every girl you meet a club or get introduced to. <<

I don't think, by 'Scott',that he's looking for bar flies or the sort of banter you connote --that's more your style apparently. ALL relationships start off with casual introductions, but not typically with a lie.

Whether you want to call it a white lie, a cardinal sin, or just 'fudging it' a bit, sooner or later you're still going to have to straighten out the record and deal with 'lie number one' and come clean. Personally, even it being such a modern world, I think in 95% of cases, telling the truth would work as well as it normally does. I'd rather keep the egg off my face now than have to wipe it off later.

I guess if you're cool about lying about your marital status, you'd be cool with her doing you that way, even showing her the precedent you're setting for the two of you. Surely there's no double standard here.

I guess some of us are of a different caliber in terms of 'shooting straight'--but hey, it sounds like you discount women in general and those from third world nations, even more so...
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline fathertime

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2015, 09:06:04 PM »
Jim,

What state are you in?  How much longer do you think the divorce process is going to take?   Some states have a very quick divorce, verses other states that take forever and a day.  If it were me, I think I'd at a minimum have the divorce in the 'processing stage' where you and your soon to be ex have hashed out the issues, and are merely waiting for the state to recognize/formalize what you have agreed to.

I mostly agree with Robert in that if asked directly, I'd come clean with the specifics.  If explained properly, I think most women would understand, although with a partial language barrier that may be difficult.  I do think some Colombian ladies could have concerns that they are either going to wind up being a 'fling' or that you might change your mind and return to your soon to be former spouse.  So explaining it properly would be a pain to do, but still very important.  Too Bcc's point, I don't think this is something to try to explain to each and every woman you meet in the first 10 minutes.  Personally, I think I'd wait until I had just a bit of exclusivity first, then discuss the details of the marital situation, if it is still pending. 

Fathertime!   
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2015, 10:34:33 PM »
If a lady is of any intelligence and is of the quality to make pursuing her for the long term worth your while, she's going to ask you exactly what your marital status is.

If she's not smart enough to ask, I don't think I'd want to have a lot to do with her myself.

As for your statement:

>>And this is 2015, there is a big difference from casually meeting new people and starting a relationship. If you are wanting to get a bit more serious then sure you do owe it to her to give a full explanation. But you don't owe it to every girl you meet a club or get introduced to. <<

I don't think, by 'Scott',that he's looking for bar flies or the sort of banter you connote --that's more your style apparently. ALL relationships start off with casual introductions, but not typically with a lie.

Whether you want to call it a white lie, a cardinal sin, or just 'fudging it' a bit, sooner or later you're still going to have to straighten out the record and deal with 'lie number one' and come clean. Personally, even it being such a modern world, I think in 95% of cases, telling the truth would work as well as it normally does. I'd rather keep the egg off my face now than have to wipe it off later.

I guess if you're cool about lying about your marital status, you'd be cool with her doing you that way, even showing her the precedent you're setting for the two of you. Surely there's no double standard here.

I guess some of us are of a different caliber in terms of 'shooting straight'--but hey, it sounds like you discount women in general and those from third world nations, even more so...

If he goes to Belize then explain away I suppose. At least you aren't facing the language barrier. I'm just saying you don't need to tell your life story to flirt. This also holds true in the United States.

But hey let's assume the best in this poster. Let's assume it's all legit and he's moving on (and the paperwork is in process). So now we are just talking about what if scenarios. What if she asks you directly. Then like FT highlights go ahead and give a direct answer if the language barrier isn't to difficult to bridge.

But when you go out in the United States, Mexico, or Colombia the first question isn't are you married. And I don't assume he's going down for a hook up either.

I'm just saying you can get introduced and do some flirting at night without getting that detailed. If you are married and the wife doesn't know, then yea I think that's [snip]ed up. But if the divorce is in the process and the partner knows it's over, then I don't see the point in getting worked up about it. 
Hi my name's Jim, and I married. Wanna drink? LOL or WHEN they ask say divorciada unless their Ingles is legit. Then you can say I'm getting divorced the paperwork is filed.

You don't spend all this money and effort to shoot yourself in the foot on account of some technicality. Anybody that would just volunteer complicated stuff like this over a language barrier during an intro has no game... these types are going to fail hard.

Some Dear Abby article was posted on my wife's FB. Some guy had his ex as a roommate and they co-parented. The guy's date freaked out over him not telling her immediately. I think they might have seen each other once or twice. Abby said since you aren't boning the guy didn't do anything wrong, and as he got to know her he would share more personal details (if she wasn't crazy of course). So Ray, you are to the left of Dear Abby.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 11:05:49 PM by bcc_1_2 »

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2015, 10:38:27 PM »

Maybe the difference between Latin America and Asia. I'm open to being wrong about how to handle it in Asia, but in Latin America... naw you keep it simple early on.

Offline Jim Scott

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2015, 11:30:12 PM »

You guys hit on key points and the back-and-forth is stimulating. 

Ray, I am in Texas, my lawyer will file for divorce in the morning and it will take until about March 2016 to be final.  My wife is a decent lady (and still hot).  It's 48% my fault and it's gut wrenching. Nonetheless, there's absolutely no doubt - I will be divorced. 

FT, it would be orderly to have the divorce mostly done before launching my next phase.  But I spent the years trying to make it work.  I'm 56 and have a lot left to do, so I'm gonna get right the frink after it.  I'll visit Barranquilla in November and January and have final divorce papers in March(?)   That might stub my toe : find two girls in November who evaporate by March.  Then I suffer one or more additional trips south.  Maybe I hire a translator in Mexico, who hands out flyers at factories ... (That one almost needs to be done so I can post it here w pictures).

Reading your posts on explaining my divorce, you sound like brothers -  points, counterpoints, zingers and insults that add up to wisdom.  My basic policy is full disclosure - in a past life I wrote the prospectus for IPOs.  So I agree with you Robert, FT, Ray and Fos.  Truth is more profitable.   But Bcc (who was definitely the guy with a car and booze in high school!) made me consider, and you all comment on, timing and delivery, which is key.  It's not something to get bogged down with in-person, because it won't be a problem.

FT, I just saw you found your wife Morena on Jamie's site.  When I sign up with him Monday, I have to post a profile.  Gotta come clean on that.  Jamie will screen women through my profile.  When I visit, I'll explain during my first date with each candidate, as FT suggested.   But I'll do it smoothly, because it's just a technical timing issue.

Offline Ray

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2015, 01:26:22 AM »

If you are going overseas to meet ladies for potential marriage, as the OP is planning, then whether or not you are even eligible to file the paperwork for a fiancée visa is not something to lie about, unless you're bcc and just out to get laid. And then is it also OK to lie to her about the fact that you have herpes? Clapp? Syphilis? Are HIV positive?

But if you think it's OK to lie to a potential mate, then fairness dictates that it's also OK for her to lie to you also, so enjoy your marriage based on lies...

Offline Jhengsman

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2015, 07:56:19 PM »

Maybe the difference between Latin America and Asia. I'm open to being wrong about how to handle it in Asia, but in Latin America... naw you keep it simple early on.
I did notice the OP was mentioning Latin America although he posted on our side of the forum. Generally with a Philippines bias there is not much of a language barrier. There are a few few cultural differences but lying about a divorce when she is expecting zero contact with an ex may be a big one.

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2015, 03:34:05 AM »
If you are going overseas to meet ladies for potential marriage, as the OP is planning, then whether or not you are even eligible to file the paperwork for a fiancée visa is not something to lie about, unless you're bcc and just out to get laid. And then is it also OK to lie to her about the fact that you have herpes? Clapp? Syphilis? Are HIV positive?

But if you think it's OK to lie to a potential mate, then fairness dictates that it's also OK for her to lie to you also, so enjoy your marriage based on lies...

you are moving the goal posts. A friday night out does not end in k1 visa paperwork on saturday.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2015, 03:34:05 AM »

Offline Ray

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2015, 04:41:21 AM »

you are moving the goal posts. A friday night out does not end in k1 visa paperwork on saturday.

You're on the wrong site.

This is the Foreign Bride Guide, not the Get Laid on Friday Night Guide...

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2015, 08:10:39 PM »
You're on the wrong site.

This is the Foreign Bride Guide, not the Get Laid on Friday Night Guide...

This isn't 1890. People have sex, and then they get married.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 345